PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Blacksite: Area 51
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-01-2009, 03:47 AM   #1
Gears316

Threat Level Red

Ok. i went back and replayed the end of every level on orange and red. i got the achievement for orange on the last act i had to do. but i did the same act and did not get the red achievement. the last act i had to do was act 3 with the helicopter. everything else was finished. i retried it cuz the system had a loading issue and still didnt get it. did i do something wrong?
Gears316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:51 AM   #2
PureTechniquex

Send a message via Skype™ to PureTechniquex

SK Diabolic's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Just re-do every single last level of each chapter & it might pop-up unless u missed a chapter.
PureTechniquex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 01:55 PM   #3
dragon49

dragon4956's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureTechniquex View Post
Just re-do every single last level of each chapter & it might pop-up unless u missed a chapter.
It's NOT REQUIRED that you play the WHOLE last level of the episodes on a given difficulty to get that achievement, you can leave off at a saved checkpoint in that level, since it allows you to change the difficulty in the Campaign menu. You can just fight Somers (Last Episode, Last checkpoint in game) on red difficulty, and then just play from there again on orange, if you saved the game there, and you'll get credit for the Red/Orange achievements on that episode. No need to repeat levels over again to get the achievements, as you can just leave off at saved checkpoints on another difficulty, which should make it a whole lot easier to get the achievements! Hope this helps you all get to 44/44 achievements faster.
dragon49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:01 PM   #4
xxxRAGNAROKxxxx

Send a message via Yahoo to xxxRAGNAROKxxxx

xxxRAGNAROKxxxx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon49 View Post
It's NOT REQUIRED that you play the WHOLE last level of the episodes on a given difficulty to get that achievement, you can leave off at a saved checkpoint in that level, since it allows you to change the difficulty in the Campaign menu. You can just fight Somers (Last Episode, Last checkpoint in game) on red difficulty, and then just play from there again on orange, if you saved the game there, and you'll get credit for the Red/Orange achievements on that episode. No need to repeat levels over again to get the achievements, as you can just leave off at saved checkpoints on another difficulty, which should make it a whole lot easier to get the achievements! Hope this helps you all get to 44/44 achievements faster.
Doesn't work.

xxxRAGNAROKxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:38 PM   #5
xxxRAGNAROKxxxx

Send a message via Yahoo to xxxRAGNAROKxxxx

xxxRAGNAROKxxxx's Gamercard
Just do the last level of each chapter like Pure said. It worked for me a few days ago.

xxxRAGNAROKxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:20 PM   #6
smurf 0069

oooo Smurf oooo's Gamercard
Thumbs up Red level last checkpoint does work

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxRAGNAROKxxxx View Post
Doesn't work.
It does, I just did it today, I was struggling to get to him, so switched to easy to get to him, waited for the checkpoint, died, then quit once game had loaded up again, then continued game, switched to red level, beat him and got the achievement.

This was the only last checkpoint I struggled on red level, the rest were pretty easy.

Good Luck !!

I see you baby, shakin' that ASS

Last edited by smurf 0069; 04-20-2010 at 12:30 PM.
smurf 0069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:07 AM   #7
Thulgrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf 0069 View Post
It does, I just did it today, I was struggling to get to him, so switched to easy to get to him, waited for the checkpoint, died, then quit once game had loaded up again, then continued game, switched to red level, beat him and got the achievement.

This was the only last checkpoint I struggled on red level, the rest were pretty easy.

Good Luck !!
Works perfectly! Thank you! I struggle dwith this part as well, but when one on oen the guy is easy.
Thulgrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:07 AM   #8
jewelz09186

Jewelz09186's Gamercard
thanks this helped alot
jewelz09186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 04:13 AM   #9
IVI4V3R1CK

Send a message via AIM to IVI4V3R1CK Send a message via Yahoo to IVI4V3R1CK

IVI4V3R1CK's Gamercard
So I just wanted to confirm that I ended up doing the tip in regards to starting the last section on Easy, and then after the final checkpoint of the session to die, quit after the load, and then switch to Expert. I also wanted to shed some light for people who may be having difficulties with the levels on Expert.

Rachel
I equipped my pistol, and then ran up the left side. I made it to the last car on the left before the projector area before I had to take cover. I then focus fired on the guys in the projector area, and then slowly moved on up. I took cover in the middle during the rush, making sure no one came too close so they couldn't lob grenades in.

Once the Helicopter came, I waited for it to fire it's first two missiles. Once he came around the left side, I used the Assault Rifle to get the chain gunner. Then when it went around back and was on the right side I used the first shot. He then spins out of control, and comes back around to that side and you can shoot him dead on. Once that shot is done he will spin out again. As he is spinning out go back into the projector room and get ammo. Wait until he fires the two rockets, he will then go behind the mountain and appear on the right side which he will be dead on again. The third shot brings him down.

Topside
This one for me sucked the most. Basically, as soon as the door is kicked open, run to the hummer. Take it to the building where you get the dossier (just drive towards the Fire Brute and it is that red brick building) and climb the stairs. Duck behind the sand bags and he will blow up the building. Go into the building, grab the rocket launcher and wait for a few minutes. If you sit in a corner you can plug out the spider things. When the controller vibrates it means the Fire Brute is turning, so just keep him in your sights. When he turns around, make sure there are no spiders, aim, and fire the rocket. As soon as the rocket is out of your launcher, switch back to your other weapon as there will be spiders. Knock them out, rinse and repeat two more times to bring him down.

Wrecked
This is the one that I used the checkpoint glitch on. So I am going to explain, in detail, exactly what I did:

- Went to Campaign
- Then selected Load Campaign
- Selected Wrecked
- Selected Regime Change
- Selected Yellow (Easy)
- Broke all the laser things and made it to the area where I fought Somers one on one. I then let him kill me (it took 4 shots). I made sure I crossed the bridge so I was face to face with him, just in case.
- When the loading screen was done and I was back at the checkpoint right before I fought him, I quit to the menu
- I then chose Campaign > Continue > Red (Expert)
- This loaded me directly to my last checkpoint

Now how I actually beat Somers was really easy. Seeing how this game is broken in many ways, I took advantage of the broken cover mechanic. I ducked down behind one of the pillars, and he jumped up. I then followed him around, and I would pop a shot off at him, still ducked so I could barely see his head. After the four bridges he jumped down and I ducked behind a pillar, which then made it so he couldn't see me. Still ducked, I moved ever so slightly to one side (didn't matter, I tried it both left and right) so I could just see his crotch and legs. When I was like this, apparently he can't "see" me, so I was able to pop shots off at him. I continued this for 3 clips, and then he dropped. After the chick said the quote at the end before the credits the achievement popped.

So I can't promise this will work for you, but it just worked for me so I thought I would share it off with anyone willing to read it.

24 Mar 2011 35,000 w/ 20 completed titles
IVI4V3R1CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:33 AM   #10
xMidget_Furyx

xMidget Furyx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
are there any checkpoints you can you the checkpoint glitch on topside. that fight is a bitch no matter the difficutly settings.

Edit nevermind there isn't but with your tip it took me 3 tries. 4 rockets to the face and he went down.

Last edited by xMidget_Furyx; 02-13-2012 at 09:14 AM.
xMidget_Furyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:21 AM   #11
xMidget_Furyx

xMidget Furyx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IVI4V3R1CK View Post

Wrecked
This is the one that I used the checkpoint glitch on. So I am going to explain, in detail, exactly what I did:

- Went to Campaign
- Then selected Load Campaign
- Selected Wrecked
- Selected Regime Change
- Selected Yellow (Easy)

- When the loading screen was done and I was back at the checkpoint right before I fought him, I quit to the menu
- I then chose Campaign > Continue > Red (Expert)
- This loaded me directly to my last checkpoint
This worked for me. I had some issues getting him to where i could shoot him. He would move after a few min 1 maybe 2 so then i would have to readjust so he couldn't shoot me. ended up using the rifle the hand gun wouldn't hit him even though the target was red. Took a few tries but it does work

xMidget_Furyx is offline   Reply With Quote