PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-20-2007, 05:46 PM   #1
Unkn0wn Her0

Send a message via AIM to Unkn0wn Her0

F0RSAKEN HER0's Gamercard
So I just killed a Templar and it didn't even register

First off this isn't one of the Templars that walks around the city and appear to be a normal enemy. This is the one on the top left of Acre's rich district, according to the prima guide standing in the shadowed corner by himself. I killed him and nothing popped up. WTF!?
Unkn0wn Her0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 06:06 PM   #2
Big Papa 07

Send a message via AIM to Big Papa 07

Big Papa 07's Gamercard
That sucks... I've had a chase in the kingdom where it was only a Templar chasing me (knew it was him because he just stood there and then attacked on sight, not to mention clothes and helmet) and as I hid in a pile of hay I turned the camera to watch him and plan my attack. Well, as soon as I was hidden, he started walking in the opposite direction of his standing spot, I thought this was a little odd, but hoped maybe it was a second templar that had joined the chase without me knowing... I chased him, assassinated him... and got nothing. Of course as soon as I turned around, there he was, standing back in the same spot as earlier. Must've been one of those "magician templars".
Big Papa 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 06:12 PM   #3
Unkn0wn Her0

Send a message via AIM to Unkn0wn Her0

F0RSAKEN HER0's Gamercard
luckily the game didn't save. i just reloaded the same memory block and killed him again and it finally registered.
Unkn0wn Her0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 06:23 PM   #4
templargunman

hm... and he hadn't moved at all from his spot, probably a glitch, good thing you fixed it, as for you, big, he moved, so it doesn't register.
templargunman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 06:29 PM   #5
Gorjira

Gorjira's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
You sure it was a templar ? Cos there are guards that look like them, I thought I was killing one but then I relised it was a normal guard. Same clothes and all >_<
Old 11-20-2007, 07:35 PM   #6
Big Papa 07

Send a message via AIM to Big Papa 07

Big Papa 07's Gamercard
100% sure, I watched him as he chased me and everything, he was trying to jump off a building as I was hiding... never stopped watching him... but I did get the credit as I killed his clone, so I wasn't too bothered... 37 down... and I still need 1 flag in the Kingdom, that place is too huge.
Big Papa 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:57 PM   #7
Fire Mage

HARDLUCKDUCK's Gamercard
I've said this before:

If a Templar chases you semi-far away from his spot next to the chest, it won't count anymore. You must head back to the chest and you'll find a new Templar respawned in his place.

Fire Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 10:12 PM   #8
frastin

Frastin's Gamercard
those are guards that have the templar cross... and he was chasing you because u may have hit someone or killed someone they do look like guards like you say but they arents templars are usually hiding in dark allies or at the top of a building next to an ally =)
frastin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 02:23 AM   #9
kormac

kormac's Gamercard
my templar that didn't seem to register is number 26 or 27 on the seaport town in the northwest on the map.

i got into a big battle by accident in the main town square, and i got credit for one templar who attacked me in the chaos, but the second templar did not register!

looked all over that little town, and got the others for sure in that area. i even tried reentering the kingdom as it can respawn a templar back at his original spot BUT doesn't seem to work for this case.

if i need to kill all the templars and get all the kingdom flags then i'll restart the game. i dont want to go for the full dna bar achievement and do all the investigations and save all the citizens etc if i need those "additional memories" to get the achievemet!
kormac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 03:04 AM   #10
Shdwwrym

Shdwwrym's Gamercard
The few times a templar wouldn't respawn for me like that, I just saved a citizen, or did something to auto-save in that same memory block, then reset the game. Came back, being careful not to cause fights, etc, and he was waiting for me. So don't give up or reset, they do respawn, and I've yet to have a situation where you're basically forced to start the game over, EXCEPT the conversationalist achievement it seems.

Looking For Elliott's Portrait in Fable 3!

Message me if you're organizing something in multiplayer for Red Dead Redemption!
Shdwwrym is offline   Reply With Quote