Rock Band FAQ

razzleson

If you have a general question about the game or need some help on something then post here, if you see people asking similar questions repeatedly and have an answer for those questions then please post the question and answer here for all to see.

Q. Can I use my Guitar Hero guitars instead of the Rock Band guitar?

A. Sure can! Some find the Guitar Hero guitar of better quality, so it would be a shame if it wasn't compatible. However, you can NOT use your Rock Band guitar on Guitar Hero.

Q. How do I use the killswitch?

A. The killswitch only works when in overdrive.

Q. How do I set up the microphone?

A. To set up the microphone you have to have a standard Xbox 360 controller on (wireless or wired) and then either plug the microphone into the supplied USB hub, or straight into the Xbox 360. To navigate the menus you'll have to use the controller as the microphone has no buttons.

Q. If I create a character can he/she play any instrument?

A. No, if you create a drummer, he/she will forever be a drummer. The same goes for the vocalist. The only exception is that a guitarist can transfer over to a bassist and vice-versa.

Q. How do I disable the bass pedal like at the demo kiosk?

A. Sadly, the bass pedal can only be disabled in the demo version, in the retail version the option isn't present.

Q. Are the instrument difficulty achievements stacked?

A. Yes, playing on higher difficulties will unlock the achievements for that difficulty and any difficulty under it. So playing on expert will unlock all four difficulty achievements for that instrument.

Q. Can you use a normal controller in place of the guitar like in Guitar Hero?

A. Nope! Instruments only!

Q. What do the blue circles next to the song names mean?

A. The blue circles denote "Bonus Songs". The black circles denote Downloaded Content. No circle means it's one of the main 45 songs.

Last Update: December 20th

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question about the band world tour. After assigning each character to an instrument, is there a way to switch the lineup so that say if I'm drummer my character can jump to lead singer? I didn't find an option for that last night but maybe I'm overlooking something. Thanks in advance!

Anyone know what the Solo Tour Set List is? I want to know what I have to do to unlock Timmy and the Lords of the Underworld.

It looks like unlocking bonus songs is done by completing the bonus songs you already have.

I only had 1 after 3 sets, but when I went and played that one, I unlocked the next.

I'd try that, and you should get it.

I think they are in a different order depending on the instrument. It was like #11 for my drummer, but my guitarist has a different song in the #1 slot, so it'll probably have Timmy in a different slot too. They are probably ranked in difficulty according to the instrument. The songs got harder as I went through them with my drummer.

Anyone figure out how to disable the kick pedal like in the Best Buy kiosks?

You can't disable it in the full game.

I have young kids who are enamored with the idea of playing the drums but the kick pedal is preventing them from doing just that. I like having options...that is all.

I can understand that. It is a little advanced for small kids, but you might be surprised how fast they pick it up. Some of the songs only have a few kicks on Easy, or very repetitive slow R, O, R, O, R, O patterns.

You also have a couple of options. On easy there probably aren't enough pedal notes to fail the song if you ignore them. Or turn it in to quality time, take the pedal off and let them play the pads while you do the pedal. This might make it hard for you to play another instrument with them, though. Sing and kick? Watching 2 note charts might be a little difficult.

Hey, if they recommend doing so for experts on the loading screen, it can't be that off the wall. I've tried drum/sing, both on medium, and it was amazing fun. Not as difficult as you think to watch both charts at the same time.

Yeah, I'm doing Guitar/Sing and Drum/Sing, but I didn't know his skill level, so I didn't want to assume.

It's the Guitar/Drums combo that kills me. ;)

I bet we see videos on youtube of somebody doing EXACTLY that in a few months :)

Or someone who was playing Bass and Guitar at the same time. Micheal Angelo Batio does that in real life, with a V neck guitar. He just hammers on every note with each hand. Its freaking crazy. Cant wait till someone mods a crazy V neck for this game :) They would have to turn the strum button into a footswitch tho..

alright i know this looks like a good game but is there any need for the price? although you do get instuments with it who will buy it if it costs so much?:(

I went halfsies with a friend. I kept the game and the mic, he kept the drums and the strat. Not so bad after that. But imo, it would have still been worth it if I had just bought the whole thing myself.

Im a little shady on the band world tour. I don't actually own it, but borrowing it when my friends dont play it :p If I start a solo career, can I use that character in a band to do the band world tour when my friends come over? And when other people want to come in, they can jump in and out, right? I read that one elsewhere, but just wanted to check...

Im a little shady on the band world tour. I don't actually own it, but borrowing it when my friends dont play it :p If I start a solo career, can I use that character in a band to do the band world tour when my friends come over? And when other people want to come in, they can jump in and out, right? I read that one elsewhere, but just wanted to check...

Yes, you can use your Solo character to play in BWT. People can jump in and out of BWT, but the band leader always has to play.

In guitar hero u can use the controller instead of guitar, is there any way to do this in this game???

No