Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Announcements
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 03:22 PM   #1
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 40 (more» ...)
Leaderboard issue

Hey all,

We are in the process of rolling out the new leaderboards (hopefully later today) and along the way we accidentally deleted the existing leaderboard before we were ready.

We are re-populating it right now, but if you are missing, that is why. More info on the new leaderboards once we iron out a few more bugs.

Thanks for your patience,.

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:26 PM   #2
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
That was fast, nice one! From the preview you showed us last month, it looked good and I can't wait until it's up and running!

At least we know it'll be the most accurate one about

Kung Fu Rainbow Lazer Force
Starting GSL13 Gamerscore: 211,437

Current gamerscore: GAMERTAG

Old 04-29-2013, 03:55 PM   #3
Skorpion XBA
RIP Travis

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Green Thumb - Platinum   Staff Club - Tyger7
Total Awards: 34 (more» ...)
NOOO! I've been removed! Even where I should be (by that I mean where I was this morning) I've been bumped down quite a lot. How is that? Some scores not updating properly or something?

On a minor note: Looks like smrnov is #1 on the current leaderboard.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:56 PM   #4
Obsolete XBA
Master of Bacon (the cat)

Send a message via MSN to Obsolete XBA Send a message via Skype™ to Obsolete XBA

Obsolete XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 3   Subscriber - Gold   Community Gaming - Bronze   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Sweet! I finally found myself there Awesome job!
Old 04-29-2013, 04:08 PM   #5
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpion x360a View Post
NOOO! I've been removed! Even where I should be (by that I mean where I was this morning) I've been bumped down quite a lot. How is that? Some scores not updating properly or something?

On a minor note: Looks like smrnov is #1 on the current leaderboard.
Yesterday we had a manual leaderboard with roughly 3,000 folks on it. The update is an automatically populated leaderboard with everyone on the site who meets the post requirements (50+ posts and days since last post <= 60). That works out to around 10,000 folks...so significantly larger database of gamertags.

Old 04-29-2013, 04:10 PM   #6
Blind x360a

Send a message via AIM to Blind x360a

Blind Ragee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Tournament - Second Place   Word of Mouth   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Forgive my ignorance.. Probably because of being out of the loop for so long..

But will this fix the gamercards to the left of our posts and the leaderboards? Or just leaderboards?
Old 04-29-2013, 04:31 PM   #7
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind x360a View Post
Forgive my ignorance.. Probably because of being out of the loop for so long..

But will this fix the gamercards to the left of our posts and the leaderboards? Or just leaderboards?
It should fix both.

Old 04-29-2013, 04:41 PM   #8
Blind x360a

Send a message via AIM to Blind x360a

Blind Ragee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Tournament - Second Place   Word of Mouth   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
It should fix both.
Thank you.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:43 PM   #9
Skorpion XBA
RIP Travis

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Green Thumb - Platinum   Staff Club - Tyger7
Quote:
Yesterday we had a manual leaderboard with roughly 3,000 folks on it. The update is an automatically populated leaderboard with everyone on the site who meets the post requirements (50+ posts and days since last post <= 60). That works out to around 10,000 folks...so significantly larger database of gamertags.
Ahh..that's pretty cool. I went from #215 to #373. Not too bad considering a 7,000 user increase.

Quote:
It should fix both.
Fixed as in updating GS, or fixed as in those of us that don't have one will have one. (I know, I know...it's wishful thinking)
Old 04-29-2013, 04:46 PM   #10
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpion x360a View Post
Fixed as in updating GS, or fixed as in those of us that don't have one will have one. (I know, I know...it's wishful thinking)
The goal is to have it fix both. Anyone who is on the leaderboard should have an updated card on the side.

Old 04-29-2013, 04:49 PM   #11
Skorpion XBA
RIP Travis

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
The goal is to have it fix both. Anyone who is on the leaderboard should have an updated card on the side.
Well maybe that wishful thinking paid off after all. Either that or Capn Doug is still dancing to the gods secretly.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:57 PM   #12
Ceris
にゃー?

Tragic Melody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Ceris   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I can stop copying and pasting your post into those leaderboard question threads! And glad to see the gamercards getting fixed also, so no threads on those.

On the downside, now people will get to easily see my low gamerscore
An ad blocker prevents the ad from loading in the first place, and the counter is on the ad's side, not the site's. As such, an ad blocker stops the increment from going up and no revenue is generated as a result of your page views.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:15 PM   #13
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Subscriber - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
This calls for celebration. Drinks on me tap water.

Lets all rejoice in a future where the forum isn't cluttered with ''why isn't my GS accurate? This site sucks'', threads.

I think a round of applause is in order for Creech and Routinex for their relentless efforts in fixing this for us all to enjoy. and sorry if i missed someone else off who helped, i only know of the aforementioned 2.

*Claps, maniacally*

Arse kissing over
Old 04-29-2013, 06:33 PM   #14
Obsolete XBA

Send a message via MSN to Obsolete XBA Send a message via Skype™ to Obsolete XBA

Obsolete XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 3   Subscriber - Gold   Community Gaming - Bronze   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   x360a Representer
Will the fix for the gamercard take a while to be implemented?
Old 04-29-2013, 08:39 PM   #15
Spade.

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Niiiiiice, I suppose thats why my Gamertag change post on the leaderboards thread has yet to be deleted.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:41 PM   #16
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
OH MY GOD NOOOOOOOOO!!!

Nah, no big deal. I'm sure you guys will fix it....and maybe get out GT working again?

Michigan Members Unite!
Old 04-30-2013, 12:37 AM   #17
StayonTarget
Goggles Anybody?

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
That'll be a great sight indeed. Actually seeing my gamertag instead of a missing image icon.

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!
Old 04-30-2013, 01:07 AM   #18
kaleido42
CET

Send a message via Skype™ to kaleido42

kaleido42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - kaleido42   Community Gaming - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Donator - Level 5   Staff - Community and Events Team   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Platinum
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
That'll be a great sight indeed. Actually seeing my gamertag instead of a missing image icon.

Thanks for the sig Rajeanero!
Old 04-30-2013, 04:50 AM   #19
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleido42 View Post

how did you do that? I still see a broken image icon for him and myself.

Michigan Members Unite!
Old 04-30-2013, 05:56 AM   #20
kaleido42
CET

kaleido42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - kaleido42   Community Gaming - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Donator - Level 5   Staff - Community and Events Team   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Platinum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
how did you do that? I still see a broken image icon for him and myself.
I grabbed his image url and corrected the capitalization for his tag. That'll fix it for a handful of people, of which he seems to be one. I checked everyone that's posted in the thread so far, that's the only tag I've been able to fix, other than my own which I did months/years(?) ago.

Last edited by kaleido42; 04-30-2013 at 06:01 AM.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:02 AM   #21
Obsolete XBA

Obsolete XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
I grabbed his image url and corrected the capitalization for his tag. That'll fix it for a handful of people, of which he seems to be one. I checked everyone that's posted in the thread so far, that's the only tag I've been able to fix, other than my own which I did months/years ago.
Yea. I've also tried that for mine. Doesn't fix it unfortunately, but I'm sure it'll be fixed soon enough. The leaderboard was more important imo
Old 04-30-2013, 06:02 AM   #22
Rebelgully

Blackhawk Six's Gamercard
I've been trying to get on the leaderboards for quite some time now (building up the forum posts required, time as a member, all that jazz) and since it's about to be revamped, can I get a clarification on the requirements and steps to be put onto it? I've found one or two guidelines but they both had different requirements, can someone help me out so I know how close or far I am from attaining this prestigious honor?
Old 04-30-2013, 08:24 AM   #23
kaleido42
CET

kaleido42's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelgully View Post
I've been trying to get on the leaderboards for quite some time now (building up the forum posts required, time as a member, all that jazz) and since it's about to be revamped, can I get a clarification on the requirements and steps to be put onto it? I've found one or two guidelines but they both had different requirements, can someone help me out so I know how close or far I am from attaining this prestigious honor?
Based on what Creech said, they should be automatically populated once the requirements are met and require no further action from you (as you've met the requirements). Any further details they probably won't have until they actually launch.

Quote:
The update is an automatically populated leaderboard with everyone on the site who meets the post requirements (50+ posts and days since last post <= 60).

Old 04-30-2013, 08:38 AM   #24
Rebelgully

Quote:
Based on what Creech said, they should be automatically populated once the requirements are met and require no further action from you (as you've met the requirements). Any further details they probably won't have until they actually launch.

Thanks I must have read over that not thinking it was such a change, and I've seen the gamercard on our sides have been fixed also not showing blank boxes but still past gamerscores on it but I'm pretty sure that's more microsofts fault right? What a great update. Thanks everyone who worked on this.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:01 AM   #25
DEG23
Второй акт

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Hi, i'm wondering why my gamercard isn't showing properly

*Quickly runs away before getting struck by Creech's ban hammer*

In all seriousness, it's awesome to see the leaderboards updating automatically, kudos to RX and everyone else who helped.

Just leaderboarded myself, and i'm currently sitting at #999. Triple digits
Old 04-30-2013, 11:02 AM   #26
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
Hi, i'm wondering why my gamercard isn't showing properly

*Quickly runs away before getting struck by Creech's ban hammer*

In all seriousness, it's awesome to see the leaderboards updating automatically, kudos to RX and everyone else who helped.

Just leaderboarded myself, and i'm currently sitting at #999. Triple digits
Quite a bit more to come. Ran out of steam yesterday and had to get some sleep, but we are up and about now.

Also, sitting at #42... Just about perfect for a Douglas Adams fan.

Old 04-30-2013, 11:04 AM   #27
Rebelgully

Quote:
Mine shows on the left but isn't fixed in score or on the leaderboards am I just being impatient or am a I a flawed model? D:
Old 04-30-2013, 04:03 PM   #28
Barad
I wear legendary boxers

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
I wasn't even aware we were getting an update to the leaderboards, that's awesome. No one panic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotyMcFat View Post
I bought destiny thinking it was a game, instead I got a Zoo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggnogga View Post
Bungie made a game where the most memorable thing about it is the constant spawning of enemies in front a small cave where people would stand and shoot endlessly.
R.I.P. Loot Cave

Old 04-30-2013, 04:07 PM   #29
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Just done a quick scout for me, and I'm pretty happy to be in the top #500 (#473) of the site. More exciting when I'm only 65 from #472

Kung Fu Rainbow Lazer Force
Starting GSL13 Gamerscore: 211,437

Current gamerscore: GAMERTAG

Old 04-30-2013, 04:51 PM   #30
Didi Mau

Send a message via MSN to Didi Mau

CuriousJewbeard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Gold   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
This is including our 100% clubs I guess, I went to add my new completion but there's no longer an edit so that's less work for me I've noticed that it adds Destination Arcade as a completed game though, is that accidental on our end or is it the way Microsoft handles it on a gamertag? It doesn't show up as a completion on my dashboard, so I'm not sure if it can be edited out or not.
Closed Thread