Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Defiance
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-30-2013, 06:34 AM   #1
Giltec

Giltec's Gamercard
Defiance Most Wanted Contest April 29 - May 12

CONTEST DETAILS

How will the winner be chosen?

The ark hunter earning the most Ark Salvage per hour during their time played over the course of the contest will win. Only players who register for the contest and complete both “Most Wanted” Pursuits will be eligible to win.

How do I enter?

Follow the contest registration steps above, then complete the “Most Wanted: Rogues Gallery” and “Most Wanted: Competitor” in-game Pursuits between 12:00am PDT April 29 and 11:59pm PDT May 12.

Where can I get the Most Wanted Pursuits and what do they involve?

The new Pursuits will be available in the Goals section of your EGO menu starting 12:00am PDT April 29. “Rogues Gallery” tasks you with eliminating various Mutants, Raiders, 99ers, and more, while “Competitor” pits you against other ark hunters in team-based PvP and Shadow War modes. Each Pursuit also requires completing a weekly contract. Contracts are accessible from power rating 250, and weekly contracts reset at 11:00am PDT on Mondays.

What can I win?

Artists from the Defiance series will render the winner’s likeness into a special place in an upcoming episode!

Registration Link
Giltec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:53 AM   #2
H2O

KingStarry's Gamercard
Do you ever sleep?

This looks interesting. I've signed up but i'm not sure why as i've no hope of winning.
H2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:14 AM   #3
jackanape
Duchess Gummybuns

jackanape's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shiftie   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - rekikire   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff - Super Moderator   Road Map - Platinum   A+ Thread Award   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - TemporalWizard
Total Awards: 38 (more» ...)
Tried registering but the code I'm supposed to enter keeps telling me it has already been redeemed.

I suppose by this point I shouldn't really be surprised when everything constantly fails to work as it should. Would have liked a couple of new pursuits though.

jackanape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:20 AM   #4
Giltec

Giltec's Gamercard
I do sleep, not enough but I do. Falling asleep whilst on the Xbox is a common occurrence, as is getting woken up early by wife (5am this morning as she went to work) or the kids.

Quote:
Determination of the Winner. The winner will be determined as follows:
  • Eligible Entries will be judged based on the amount of ark salvage earned, excluding any ark salvage earned in the Salvage Matrix, divided by the amount of time played during the Contest (the “ark salvage Per Hour”). The Entrant who earns the highest ark salvage Per Hour shall be the Winner.
  • There shall only be one (1) Winner.
  • In the unlikely event of a tie, the Winner shall be determined based on the tying Eligible Entry with the highest amount of Scrip Per Hour, as defined herein. The Scrip Per Hour shall be based on the amount of Scrip earned divided by the amount of time played during the Contest (the “Scrip Per Hour”).
So basically you could play for a short time to complete the pursuits, find the best salvage farming spot and get as much as you can in a short time to have a high salvage/per hour, then not log in again with that account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackanape View Post
Tried registering but the code I'm supposed to enter keeps telling me it has already been redeemed.

I suppose by this point I shouldn't really be surprised when everything constantly fails to work as it should. Would have liked a couple of new pursuits though.
What is the code that appears for you? The one that always appears for me when I follow the link is JP2J-JGPQ-JMZ7-FYJK-7C37, even when I clear my cache.

Last edited by Giltec; 04-30-2013 at 08:22 AM.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:35 AM   #5
Rebelgully

Blackhawk Six's Gamercard
Was on the defiance forums and talking about it and someone seemed to have the same issue but once he took a look at it it showed that he entered a code for "Defiance Lawkeeper Program" on that/this date, that could be it and it just goes directly through once you hit Register. At least that's how I'm hopefully looking at it.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:15 PM   #6
H2O

KingStarry's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giltec View Post
So basically you could play for a short time to complete the pursuits, find the best salvage farming spot and get as much as you can in a short time to have a high salvage/per hour, then not log in again with that account.
Sort of.

As the time to complete the pursuits counts as well the longer you farm the closer to peak salvage/hr you'll get.

eg. 1 Hr for pursuits + 1hr farming would only average 50% peak salvage/hr. (assuming no salvage is collected while doing the pursuit)

So it all still depends on just how much farming you can stand doing. The more you extend your farming relative to your pursuit time the closer to 100% efficiency you'll get. (although the full 100% is impossible)

Last edited by H2O; 04-30-2013 at 01:35 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:49 PM   #7
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I know I won't be near the highest, but I just want to complete the pursuits.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:39 PM   #8
sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Cool. I'll just complete the pursuits and play the game as I normally do and if I some how won so be it.
sleepydumbdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:17 PM   #9
tkhbecker

TKhBecker74 XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Quote:
Where can I get the Most Wanted Pursuits and what do they involve?
The new Pursuits will be available in the Goals section of your EGO menu starting 12:00am PDT April 29. “Rogues Gallery” tasks you with eliminating various Mutants, Raiders, 99ers, and more, while “Competitor” pits you against other ark hunters in team-based PvP and Shadow War modes. Each Pursuit also requires completing a weekly contract. Contracts are accessible from power rating 250, and weekly contracts reset at 11:00am PDT on Mondays.
Does anone else have this missing?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackanape View Post
What is the code that appears for you? The one that always appears for me when I follow the link is JP2J-JGPQ-JMZ7-FYJK-7C37, even when I clear my cache.
Code remains the same across multiple accounts. IF you clicked the Register link in the 1st post it automatically enters the code for you. You should have "Defiance Lawkeeper Program" listed under Previous codes aplied to this account.

Pixels

Last edited by tkhbecker; 04-30-2013 at 04:26 PM.
tkhbecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:22 PM   #10
xxJUSTINxx

OddFull Metal's Gamercard

Quote:
I do sleep, not enough but I do. Falling asleep whilst on the Xbox is a common occurrence, as is getting woken up early by wife (5am this morning as she went to work) or the kids.

That's mine also, JP2J-JGPQ-JMZ7-FYJK-7C37. I kinda wanted the new pursuits.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:11 PM   #11
H2O

KingStarry's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkhbecker View Post
The only new pursuits showing up for me at the moment are the episode 3 ones
Old 04-30-2013, 05:26 PM   #12
Giltec

Giltec's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkhbecker View Post

Code remains the same across multiple accounts. IF you clicked the Register link in the 1st post it automatically enters the code for you. You should have "Defiance Lawkeeper Program" listed under Previous codes aplied to this account.
Yup, it is missing from mine as well. I have the Episode 3 pursuits, although one of those is glitched as well.

The code worked fine for me this morning, I never got the already redeemed message.

EDIT: I hope they aren't referring to the Most Wanted pursuits in the Episode 2 goals.

Last edited by Giltec; 04-30-2013 at 05:32 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:41 PM   #13
lifeexpectancy

LifeExpectancy's Gamercard

You wouldn't necessarily have to play a lot after finishing the pursuits to reach the peak ark salvage per hour, perhaps. I can think of one way to get a ridiculous amount of salvage per hour in a very short time, but I dunno if it would count lol.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:58 PM   #14
Lucent Beam

Send a message via AIM to Lucent Beam

Lucent Beam's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!   Donator - Level 1
I wonder if trashing your weapons in the salvage matrix counts or if it's just picking it up off the ground.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:03 PM   #15
tkhbecker

TKhBecker74 XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucent Beam View Post
I wonder if trashing your weapons in the salvage matrix counts or if it's just picking it up off the ground.
Eligible Entries will be judged based on the amount of ark salvage earned, excluding any ark salvage earned in the Salvage Matrix, divided by the amount of time played during the Contest (the “ark salvage Per Hour”). The Entrant who earns the highest ark salvage Per Hour shall be the Winner.

Pixels
tkhbecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:22 PM   #16
Lucent Beam

Send a message via AIM to Lucent Beam

Lucent Beam's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!   Donator - Level 1
Haha, well, that's what I get for not reading the quotes or the link!

I don't really like the way this contest is set up. Unless they just want us to farm salvage until that day.. it discourages just playing the rest of the game normally. I'm not going to bothering trying to win because it would mean not just playing for fun.