PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Shooter > Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2013, 10:36 PM   #1
Predni
 
Predni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 768

rasterloda's Gamercard
All in One Collectible Locations Guide

Welcome to my Collectibles Guide for Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon.

Introducing

There are a total of 54 Collectibles in Blood Dragon in the following 3 Categories:

32 TV Sets
12 VHS Tapes
10 Dr. Carlyles Notes

Just like in Far Cry 3, you can buy Maps for the Collectibles. These Maps show you a Symbol that represents each Collectible on your Map.You can now set a waypoint that will direct you to the location of each collectible.

Each Map costs $500 and you can buy them after you take over a Garrision in each designated area. There are total of 4 Maps to buy.

The Collectibles are in old Ruins, Underwater, on the Top of a Mountain or in Caves. This Guide will help you when you are stuck searching for a Collectible, nothing more.

For the Collectibles you will earn following 3 Achievements.

The Drug of the Nation
Find all TV SETS to Decrypt the Hidden Message

The Greatest Format of all Time
Find all VHS Tapes

What are You Reading For?
Find all of Dr. Carlyle's Notes

Videoguide

All Links open in a new Window. The Collectibles are sorted from the left upper Corner to the right lower Corner of the Map. In the bottom left corner you will see a total counter and an in game description of the currently collected Item.

The Numbers behind the Links are the in game coordinates for each Collectible.


00:10 - VHS Tape 04 - X: 478.5 - Y: 524.1
00:38 - VHS Tape 03 - X: 434.5 - Y: 505.2
01:01 - TV Set 16 - X: 437.6 - Y: 510.7
01:20 - TV Set 06 - X: 457.6 - Y: 493.0
01:45 - TV Set 15 - X: 436.7 - Y: 482.7
02:20 - Dr. Carlyles Notes 02 - X: 436.3 - Y: 484.7
02:32 - TV Set 07 - X: 446.0 - Y: 469.8
03:03 - VHS Tape 02 - X: 452.5 - Y: 466.1
03:33 - TV Set 08 - X: 465.7 - Y: 447.8
04:00 - TV Set 09 - X: 488.8 - Y: 466.9
04:30 - TV Set 13 - X: 494.0 - Y: 478.0
04:56 - TV Set 10 - X: 500.9 - Y: 495.0
05:27 - Dr. Carlyles Notes 01 - X: 507.1 - Y: 499.4
06:04 - TV Set 11 - X: 506.8 - Y: 460.3
06:30 - Dr. Carlyles Notes 03 - X: 495.2 - Y: 447.9
07:09 - TV Set 14 - X: 498.5 - Y: 436.2
07:33 - VHS Tape 01 - X: 510.0 - Y: 432.5
08:01 - Dr. Carlyles Notes 10 - X: 522.2 - Y: 437.7
08:41 - VHS Tape 09 - X: 527.4 - Y: 437.6
09:12 - TV Set 26 - X: 536.6 - Y: 428.4
09:40 - TV Set 32 - X: 535.1 - Y: 453.8
10:06 - TV Set 25 - X: 552.3 - Y: 467.2
10:36 - Dr. Carlyles Notes 08 - X: 544.7 - Y: 473.9
11:02 - TV Set 31 - X: 549.0 - Y: 504.6
11:31 - VHS Tape 07 - X: 555.0 - Y: 509.7
11:58 - TV Set 30 - X: 580.2 - Y: 492.4
12:27 - TV Set 29 - X: 603.4 - Y: 448.2
12:53 - VHS Tape 08 - X: 609.1 - Y: 438.0
13:19 - TV Set 28 - X: 587.4 - Y: 416.6
13:42 - Dr. Carlyles Notes 09 - X: 586.6 - Y: 417.9
14:00 - VHS Tape 05 - X: 581.1 - Y: 402.3
14:27 - TV Set 04 - X: 590.6 - Y: 381.9
15:01 - TV Set 03 - X: 566.7 - Y: 397.0
15:31 - Dr. Carlyles Notes 05 - X: 558.2 - Y: 404.8
16:06 - TV Set 27 - X: 563.9 - Y: 418.8
16:33 - TV Set 02 - X: 537.0 - Y: 404.0
16:59 - Dr. Carlyles Notes 04 - X: 532.8 - Y: 392.0
17:30 - TV Set 01 - X: 524.4 - Y: 391.6
17:54 - TV Set 17 - X: 487.4 - Y: 401.8
18:19 - TV Set 12 - X: 474.4 - Y: 418.0
18:45 - Dr. Carlyles Notes 06 - X: 457.8 - Y: 404.4
19:17 - VHS Tape 11 - X: 419.9 - Y: 407.8
19:43 - TV Set 23 - X: 423.6 - Y: 394.5
20:12 - TV Set 22 - X: 465.1 - Y: 384.8
20:39 - TV Set 18 - X: 446.8 - Y: 363.2
21:05 - TV Set 19 - X: 452.5 - Y: 359.2
21:31 - Dr. Carlyles Notes 07 - X: 449.4 - Y: 334.2
22:05 - VHS Tape 12 - X: 465.8 - Y: 334.9
22:28 - TV Set 21 - X: 476.4 - Y: 359.3
23:04 - TV Set 20 - X: 491.7 - Y: 359.3
23:32 - TV Set 24 - X: 496.5 - Y: 337.9
24:03 - TV Set 05 - X: 530.9 - Y: 340.0
24:38 - VHS Tape 10 - X: 509.6 - Y: 362.0
25:03 - VHS Tape 06 - X: 520.5 - Y: 362.7


Last edited by Predni; 05-09-2013 at 05:17 PM.
Predni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:43 AM   #2
deluxnugs
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 473

deluxnugs's Gamercard
useless guides

another waste of space, this achievementonly needs a description of how to use the in game tools to locate all of the colectibles. i also said the same about maka's guide. they are both only attempts to get youtube hits.
__________________
Sheep:1. A group of people who lack the capacity for careful consideration, imagination, or individual thought, who thusly go with the group and allow terrible trends and events to unfold and make us all miserable.
do not send me friend requests on xbox live.
deluxnugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:53 AM   #3
xhunterrrr
 
xhunterrrr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Maine
Posts: 8,890

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deluxnugs View Post
another waste of space, this achievementonly needs a description of how to use the in game tools to locate all of the colectibles. i also said the same about maka's guide. they are both only attempts to get youtube hits.
You are clearly trolling here to shit on people's hardwork. Please, leave. No one wants to here you bitch about nothing.

OP: nice work. Thank you for taking the time to make this.
__________________
xhunterrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:37 AM   #4
BiggD
On Hiatus
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 13,830

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deluxnugs View Post
they are both only attempts to get youtube hits.
Lol no they're not? These two guys have been making collectibles guides for every game they buy; because it helps out the community, whether the collectibles are easy or extremely hard.
__________________

Thanks to Slaughter for the stupendously stylistic signature.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:03 AM   #5
Maka
 
Maka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 10,278
Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deluxnugs View Post
another waste of space, this achievementonly needs a description of how to use the in game tools to locate all of the colectibles. i also said the same about maka's guide. they are both only attempts to get youtube hits.
If you think the 1,000 youtube hits that I might get on my collectible videos are worth the amount of hours I spent on making the guide, you are sadly mistaken.

If you don't like my guides, make sure to not use any of my previous ones, or future ones, since they're all shit.
__________________

Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:18 PM   #6
deluxnugs
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 473

deluxnugs's Gamercard
ok ill just reply to all of you here' xhunterrrr your clearly a brown noser and should mind your own bussines, here is a towel clean yourself up.

the biggd i obviously know who these guys are and what they are doing. just because some one doesnt post as much, doesnt mean they are not a reguler user of the site. im giving my opinion on this one single achievement and related guides.
please dont be nieve, they want the youtube hits.

at the point that this guide was posted it was clearly redundent as the achievements need no guide anyway and maka already had one up. that and the terrible grammar is why i dont like it. i understand that english is not the author's first language, and my grammar may suck somtimes aswell, but im not writing this guide. and if you guys were really the great community members you act like, you wouldve helped the author correct the grammar and improve the guide instead of trying to provoke me.

maybe if maka's gave first, a solid explanation of how to use what the game gives you (maps, waypoints, colors used, location descriptions, etc) to get the collectibles and achievements and then suggested his own videos as support, that would be to help out the community. instead the guide is written to discourage the reader from buying the maps, using the tools, and to instead to rely on his guide and videos. there is no need for the coordinates or videos if you purchase the maps.
anyone can see this.

maka's says to save your money on the maps which is rediculous because around every tv, vhs, etc there is always loads of cash, therefore the maps pay for themselves severel times over. i still had 13k after buying everything i needed. i was activly trying to spend all the money i had just from collecting what was by the collectibles.

maka complaining in your guide untill the regulers came and voted it back up, i just dont know what to say about that, its almost as bad as being the guy that comes and votes it up just following the lead.(ftr it was voted 1 star long before i got there)

im willing to bet not one vote/ post came from any body who actually used it or thought it was really necessary. they only voted it up because you whined. in fact these same guys even posted as much.

also im sure you are hoping for way more than 1000 hits from this guide, and i know that like any thing they all add up. maybe one day that guide will fill up with people thanking you for the it, but i doubt it, because it's unnecessary.

i never said all of your guides are shit, only that i don't like this one. do i have to like all of them because you say so?
im sure you dont really want to kill off a fan of yours cause i dont like one guide.

also you guys couldve asked me what i didnt like about the guides or why i thought they were useless instead of trying to be a bunch of dicks.
__________________
Sheep:1. A group of people who lack the capacity for careful consideration, imagination, or individual thought, who thusly go with the group and allow terrible trends and events to unfold and make us all miserable.
do not send me friend requests on xbox live.
deluxnugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:20 PM   #7
Predni
 
Predni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 768

rasterloda's Gamercard
a old German (Wilhelm Busch) says long time ago a good proverb. In German called it:

"Der Neid ist die aufrichtigste Form der Anerkennung."

in english

"Envy is the utmost form of recognition."

Thanks for all "instant" 1 Star Voter at every Guide from Maka, Tyger7, me or other Guidecreators.

1 Star is the new 5 Star

Regards

PS: deluxnugs sorry but i dont comment your posting, is useless for me

Last edited by Predni; 05-03-2013 at 04:24 PM.
Predni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:29 PM   #8
WalterWhite
 
WalterWhite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 4,762

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predni View Post
Thanks for all "instant" 1 Star Voter at every Guide from Maka, Tyger7, me or other Guidecreators.

1 Star is the new 5 Star
Maybe if you, Maka and Tyger made a guide together, you guys would get a three star rating for a change.

Anyway, fuck this obvious troll. Who complains about someone helping people? Oh, that damn volunteer accidentally gave my child a second bowl of soup at the homeless shelter. I'm lodging a complaint.
__________________

Last edited by WalterWhite; 05-03-2013 at 04:52 PM.
WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:49 PM   #9
BiggD
On Hiatus
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 13,830

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Just for the record Nugs, I wasn't being a dick. I just said they make guides for every game.
__________________

Thanks to Slaughter for the stupendously stylistic signature.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:58 PM   #10
deluxnugs
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 473

deluxnugs's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
Maybe if you, Maka and Tyger made a guide together, you guys would get a three star rating for a change.

Anyway, fuck this obvious troll. Who complains about someone helping people? Oh, that damn volunteer accidentally gave my child a second bowl of soup at the homeless shelter. I'm lodging a complaint.
im assuming that you actually had to use these guides to find the collectibles then? did you try to help the author of this guide with its obviuos layout/grammar problems?
if not then mind your business, your the troll.

biggd said "Just for the record Nugs, I wasn't being a dick. I just said they make guides for every game."
no problem i see that now, however all my points about the guides are correct and still stand.
__________________
Sheep:1. A group of people who lack the capacity for careful consideration, imagination, or individual thought, who thusly go with the group and allow terrible trends and events to unfold and make us all miserable.
do not send me friend requests on xbox live.

Last edited by deluxnugs; 05-03-2013 at 08:12 PM.
deluxnugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:36 PM   #11
WalterWhite
 
WalterWhite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 4,762

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deluxnugs View Post
im assuming that you actually had to use these guides to find the collectibles then? did you try to help the author of this guide with its obviuos layout/grammar problems?
if not then mind your business, your the troll.

biggd said "Just for the record Nugs, I wasn't being a dick. I just said they make guides for every game."
no problem i see that now, however all my points about the guides are correct and still stand.
The guy giving shit to the people who contribute to the site might want to take a second look at the definition of troll.
__________________
WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:06 PM   #12
deluxnugs
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 473

deluxnugs's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
The guy giving shit to the people who contribute to the site might want to take a second look at the definition of troll.
says the guy who only reads what he wants and only comments on whats inside his safe zone.
just because i didnt write these guides doesnt mean i dont contribute to the site. ive been here for three years helping and getting achievements with people. just by voting on threds im helping out. am i not supposed to have an opinion because you feel so?
again ill ask did you need these guides? did you give them a 5 star because they were helpfull to you or just because everybody else was and maka was whining?
__________________
Sheep:1. A group of people who lack the capacity for careful consideration, imagination, or individual thought, who thusly go with the group and allow terrible trends and events to unfold and make us all miserable.
do not send me friend requests on xbox live.
deluxnugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:22 PM   #13
Maka
 
Maka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 10,278
Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deluxnugs View Post
says the guy who only reads what he wants and only comments on whats inside his safe zone.
just because i didnt write these guides doesnt mean i dont contribute to the site. ive been here for three years helping and getting achievements with people. just by voting on threds im helping out. am i not supposed to have an opinion because you feel so?
again ill ask did you need these guides? did you give them a 5 star because they were helpfull to you or just because everybody else was and maka was whining?
Dude, I think you overreacting. I make guides for almost any and every game I decide to get, and usually make templates before it comes out. I enjoy making them, and I'm just trying to help people.

We both agree that this game does not require a collectibles guide for it to be completed. Yes, you can buy maps and use them to find the collectibles. Some are in caves or underwater, and I had already spent a ton of time making the guides, so I figured it wouldnt hurt to post it.

Nobody is forced to use the guides, we are just trying to help.

Maybe the next major title will have their collectibles set-up differently, and will benefit better from a video/text guide.

What you don't realize is that getting shit for working hard and making guides is a huge demotivator, and it's a lot less likely that I feel like putting effort into the next guide if I keep getting negative comments.
__________________

Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:03 PM   #14
bean is not pro
 
bean is not pro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: jersey
Posts: 231

bean is not pro's Gamercard
just my $0.02

although i too think this guide is almost completely unnecessary, it is clear that maka put a lot of work into it, and i can respect that. furthermore, it's clear that maka (and all you other guys) puts that same effort into all of his guides. so, although i don't think it's necessary, i'm not about to start arguing here. everyone play nice. we're all on the same team.
__________________
|| Gamertag --> bean is not pro || 75+ games at 100% with all DLC
|| facebook.com/bean.is.not.pro || Duke '12
99.2% completion percentage - top 100 in the country
message me if you wanna boost: gh3, gta4, ANYTHING
bean is not pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:52 AM   #15
deluxnugs
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 473

deluxnugs's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
Dude, I think you overreacting. I make guides for almost any and every game I decide to get, and usually make templates before it comes out. I enjoy making them, and I'm just trying to help people.

We both agree that this game does not require a collectibles guide for it to be completed. Yes, you can buy maps and use them to find the collectibles. Some are in caves or underwater, and I had already spent a ton of time making the guides, so I figured it wouldnt hurt to post it.

Nobody is forced to use the guides, we are just trying to help.

Maybe the next major title will have their collectibles set-up differently, and will benefit better from a video/text guide.

What you don't realize is that getting shit for working hard and making guides is a huge demotivator, and it's a lot less likely that I feel like putting effort into the next guide if I keep getting negative comments.
well i dont know what else to say. instead of thinking about how my one comment made you feel demoralized you shouldve taken my critisism under advisement and corrected your guide to better demonstrate the players abilty to use the tools the game gives you to get the collectibles.
then i wouldve come and commented something like this: : "well done maka you are the best" wipes shit of off nose. ha ha making a little joke.

also the complaining about the rating was like nails on a chalkboard to me, all the " i was up late to be first blah blah blah, make a gude, blah blah blah." we all know thats your job/monetized/ beggining of a career or whatever(which is great btw, congrats). i know why you want to be up first and im sure you worked hard on it.

if the guide is needed im sure over time the rating wouldve moved up as people used the guide.

maybe my first post in each guide wasnt as well put or nice as it couldve been, however in both guides my points are still valid.
looks as though your gonna win the STAR WAR anyway as its gone back up.
__________________
Sheep:1. A group of people who lack the capacity for careful consideration, imagination, or individual thought, who thusly go with the group and allow terrible trends and events to unfold and make us all miserable.
do not send me friend requests on xbox live.

Last edited by deluxnugs; 05-05-2013 at 02:09 AM. Reason: mistake
deluxnugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:00 AM   #16
VyperJMc
 
VyperJMc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 615
Send a message via AIM to VyperJMc

VyperJMc's Gamercard
Give it a rest, nugs. Jesus.
__________________

VyperJMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:33 AM   #17
deluxnugs
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 473

deluxnugs's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by VyperJMc View Post
Give it a rest, nugs. Jesus.
ok as soon as you wipe the shit off your face, fukn brown boy.
i was replying directly to maka and even making jokes to about the situation. its dicks like you that turned this into a mess anyway. im sure nobody needs you to defend them.
Did you use these guides???
if not then youve nothing to say to me. how about you offer to help this guides terrible layout and grammar? yeah i thought not.

severel of my posts have valid information that could be used to help with these achievements. what do you have to contribute.
__________________
Sheep:1. A group of people who lack the capacity for careful consideration, imagination, or individual thought, who thusly go with the group and allow terrible trends and events to unfold and make us all miserable.
do not send me friend requests on xbox live.

Last edited by deluxnugs; 05-05-2013 at 04:46 AM.
deluxnugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:01 AM   #18
deluxnugs
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 473

deluxnugs's Gamercard
Welcome to my Collectibles Guide for Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon.

Introduction

There are a total of 54 Collectibles in Blood Dragon in the following 3 Categories:

32 TV Sets
12 VHS Tapes
10 Dr. Carlyles Notes

Just like in Far Cry 3, you can buy Maps for the Collectibles. These Maps show you a Symbol that represents each Collectible on your Map.You can now set a waypoint that will direct you to the location of each collectible.

Each Map costs $500 and you can buy them after you take over a Garrision in each designated area. There are total of 4 Maps to buy.

The Collectibles are in old Ruins, Underwater, on the Top of a Mountain or in Caves. This Guide will help you when you are stuck searching for a Collectible, nothing more.

For the Collectibles you will earn following 3 Achievements.

The Drug of the Nation
Find all TV SETS to Decrypt the Hidden Message

The Greatest Format of all Time
Find all VHS Tapes

What are You Reading For?
Find all of Dr. Carlyle's Notes

Videoguide

All Links open in a new Window. The Collectibles are sorted from the left upper Corner to the right lower Corner of the Map. In the bottom left corner you will see a total counter and an in game description of the currently collected Item.

The Numbers behind the Links are the in game coordinates for each Collectible.
Be sure you check around all collectibles for the treasure boxes and currency that is lying around.
__________________
Sheep:1. A group of people who lack the capacity for careful consideration, imagination, or individual thought, who thusly go with the group and allow terrible trends and events to unfold and make us all miserable.
do not send me friend requests on xbox live.

Last edited by deluxnugs; 05-06-2013 at 01:09 AM.
deluxnugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 04:12 PM.