PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > Monster Jam 07
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-26-2007, 11:26 PM   #1
knight_0f_kh0nshu

Send a message via MSN to knight_0f_kh0nshu Send a message via Yahoo to knight_0f_kh0nshu

knight0fkh0nshu's Gamercard
Achievement Guide

South East Series Champion
35 - Achieve 1st place in the South East Series on Normal mode.
For this achievement, you have to place first in each event. There are a total of 9 events. If you finish the race and you do not get first place, simply restart. Here are a couple of things that may help: 1) If you see a stack of cars in the middle of the road, try to avoid them. All this will do is slow you down and/or make you wreck. Most of the time, the computer A.I. will hit them and wreck, giving you an advantage if you do NOT hit them and wreck. 2) If there is an alternate route, take it...don't follow them just because they are going that one direction. Chances are, your route will be faster. 3) If you can cut corners or take any kind of shortcut that will not make you wreck, go for it. It helps!

Coastal Series Champion
35 - Achieve 1st place in the Coastal Series on Normal mode.
See South East Series Champion for details.

Midwest Series Champion
35 - Achieve 1st place in the Midwest Series on Normal mode.

Southern Series Champion
35 - Achieve 1st place in the Southern Series on Normal mode.

Costal Series Conquerer
45 - Achieve 1st place in the Southern Series on Pro mode.

South East Series Conquerer
45 - Achieve 1st place in the South East Series on Pro mode.

Midwest Series Conquerer
45 - Achieve 1st place in the Midwest Series on Pro mode.

Southern Series Conquerer
45 - Achieve 1st place in the Southern Series on Pro mode.

Hat Trick
25 - Win 3 Championship events in a row.
Pretty simple here. Just get first place in 3 events in a row. If you fail to win, then simply hit the START button and click RESTART. By doing this, it will not count against your win streak. If you fail a race, it gives you the option to Restart or Continue. DO NOT HIT CONTINUE! If you do, this will restart your win streak back at zero. Simply hit Restart instead and keep trying until you get it.

Hot Streak
35 - Win 6 Championship events in a row.
Same thing as the Hat Trick Achievement. Just get first place in 6 events in a row. If you fail to win, then simply hit the START button and click RESTART. By doing this, it will not count against your win streak. If you fail a race, it gives you the option to Restart or Continue. DO NOT HIT CONTINUE! If you do, this will restart your win streak back at zero. Simply hit Restart instead and keep trying until you get it.

Grave Digger Fanatic
25 - Complete all races in Championship Mode using the Grave Digger Monster Truck.
Simply complete all the series using the Grave Digger Monster Truck.

Monster Mutt Fanatic
25 - Complete all races in Championship Mode using the Monster Mutt Monster Truck.
Simply complete all the series using the Mosnter Mutt Monster Truck.

South East Series Competitor
25 - Complete all events in the South East Series on Normal mode.
Simply complete all the events and you should unlock this achievement. I think that you can place in the top 3 and unlock this, but to be on the safe side, just go for first on each of them. That way you can unlock this & South East Series Champion Achievement at the same time.

Midwest Series Competitor
25 - Complete all events in the Midwest Series on Normal mode.
Simply complete all the events and you should unlock this achievement. I think that you can place in the top 3 and unlock this, but to be on the safe side, just go for first on each of them. That way you can unlock this & Midwest Series Champion Achievement at the same time.

Coastal Series Competitor
25 - Complete all events in the Coastal Series on Normal mode.
Simply complete all the events and you should unlock this achievement. I think that you can place in the top 3 and unlock this, but to be on the safe side, just go for first on each of them. That way you can unlock this & Coastal Series Champion Achievement at the same time.

Southern Series Competitor
25 - Complete all events in the Southern Series on Normal mode.
Simply complete all the events and you should unlock this achievement. I think that you can place in the top 3 and unlock this, but to be on the safe side, just go for first on each of them. That way you can unlock this & Southern Series Champion Achievement at the same time.

South East Series Contender
35 - Complete all events in the South East Series on Pro mode.
See South East Series Competitor.

Midwest Series Contender
35 - Complete all events in the Midwest Series on Pro mode.
See Midwest Series Competitor.

Coastal Series Contender
35 - Complete all events in the Coastal Series on Pro mode.
See Coastal Series Competitor.

Southern Series Contender
35 - Complete all events in the Southern Series on Pro mode.
See Southern Series Competitor.

Completed Games
Retail: 118 | XBLA: 23 | Win8: 6 | GFWL: 0 | WP: 29 | Web: 1

Last edited by knight_0f_kh0nshu; 11-26-2007 at 11:57 PM.
knight_0f_kh0nshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 11:40 PM   #2
knight_0f_kh0nshu

Send a message via MSN to knight_0f_kh0nshu Send a message via Yahoo to knight_0f_kh0nshu

Hopefully this will help. Feel free to add any that I don't have. I'll add more of them when I get them unlocked!

Completed Games
Old 11-28-2007, 01:18 PM   #3
ReneG

ReneG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Thanks for the guide, just to bad this game is sh*t.. Will probadly play it any way as the achievement whore I am
Old 12-01-2007, 06:02 AM   #4
Scotian Bred

Send a message via MSN to Scotian Bred

Scotian Bred's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Referrals - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Achievement Guide - Gold   Donator - Level 2   SOTF Winner   1,000 Posts   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Submit - Gold   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
I don't like seeing "i think" in the guide thats not making me feel good that's for sure .. i am playing this game right now and i can't say this guide is helpful no mention on using turbo in the corners or smashing things gives you a limited amount of unlimited turbo .. where are the tips on beating the Freestyle events ?? i am getting owned on the last one and i am on Normal difficulty ?

Meh !!

? Click Sig!

Last edited by Scotian Bred; 12-01-2007 at 06:04 AM.
Scotian Bred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 03:43 PM   #5
NeonInVermont

NeonInVermont's Gamercard
I would agree with you. The "guide" is complete crap. All it does is say the same thing as the discription but in more words to make it look more helpfull.
Plus, all the achievements arent even in the "guide".

No help on how to achieve first place on all races, no help on how to unlock all trucks, NOTHING helpfull at all.

Good thing I figured it all out on my own.
Hell, I replied to 2 topics about this game and it was more helpfull than this rubbish. (not even worthy of calling it a guide)
NeonInVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 04:34 PM   #6
knight_0f_kh0nshu

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonInVermont View Post
I would agree with you. The "guide" is complete crap. All it does is say the same thing as the discription but in more words to make it look more helpfull.
Plus, all the achievements arent even in the "guide".

No help on how to achieve first place on all races, no help on how to unlock all trucks, NOTHING helpfull at all.

Good thing I figured it all out on my own.
Hell, I replied to 2 topics about this game and it was more helpfull than this rubbish. (not even worthy of calling it a guide)
You know...for all your complaining, I don't see you trying to help out at all...and not to mention it's not even complete, therefore, why would I have the "Unlock All Trucks" achievement?

Completed Games
Old 12-01-2007, 05:26 PM   #7
NeonInVermont

That my friend is where you are completly wrong.
Check out these 3 topics I replied in:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...ad.php?t=46863

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...ad.php?t=46723

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...ad.php?t=45460

I actually just wrote a achievement guide for the game. As soon as my buddy gets it uploaded to HIS site, ill post a link to it for you.
Plus, why would you do a guide when you dont have all the info yet for all the achievements?
Old 12-01-2007, 05:40 PM   #8
Scotian Bred

Scotian Bred's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Referrals - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Achievement Guide - Gold   Donator - Level 2   SOTF Winner   1,000 Posts   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Submit - Gold   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Seems to me that you need a certain amount of points to get first in each of the freestyle events and you can only in first by get mad amount of points by geting a high combo of tricks strung together .. i had 39,000 points on second to last freestyle and i only got 2nd place .. but before that i was getting 6th place with like 20,000 this game could have been alot better .. i think its the pshyics engine its not realistic at all my damn truck goes flying 40 feet in the air if i hit one lil car .. lol.

? Click Sig!
Old 12-01-2007, 05:55 PM   #9
NeonInVermont

Yeah, I found you pretty much need a average of 40,000 or so points to come in first. The freestyle events on Pro you need more. I only need first in the last freestlye event in the last series to be 1000/1000.
I got 51,xxx and came in second. There was 1 freestyle event I got 71,xxx in. I think its in the same series im having a problem getting my last 1st place in.
But you need to start off with a good 20,000+ combo (around 15-20 multiplier) then have another decent combo and smash everything you can and hit all jumps/ramps.
Just keep at it and youll get that 1 run that you will amaze yourself. LOL
Old 12-01-2007, 11:37 PM   #10
Scotian Bred

Scotian Bred's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonInVermont View Post
Yeah, I found you pretty much need a average of 40,000 or so points to come in first. The freestyle events on Pro you need more. I only need first in the last freestlye event in the last series to be 1000/1000.
I got 51,xxx and came in second. There was 1 freestyle event I got 71,xxx in. I think its in the same series im having a problem getting my last 1st place in.
But you need to start off with a good 20,000+ combo (around 15-20 multiplier) then have another decent combo and smash everything you can and hit all jumps/ramps.
Just keep at it and youll get that 1 run that you will amaze yourself. LOL
Just another reason why this guide could use some serious help !

? Click Sig!
Old 12-01-2007, 11:40 PM   #11
NeonInVermont

Mine should be done later tonight. Ill post a link to it when it is.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:35 AM   #12
Deyankees1

Send a message via AIM to Deyankees1 Send a message via MSN to Deyankees1

DeYanKees1's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
so is this like an easy 1000 or wat, so I can rent it or something.
Deyankees1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 01:39 AM   #13
NeonInVermont

I would say its a easy 700 or so. Getting first in some of the freestyle events can be a pain to do, but if you keep trying it, youll get them. It took me 5days of playing it about 2-3hr a day.
I was the 5th person in the world to get 1000/1000
Old 12-06-2007, 07:50 AM   #14
Molneze3

Molneze's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Bright Idea   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Are the Difficulty achieves "beat a certain championship on normal, and pro" stackable? Or do you have to beat one specifically on normal, then again on pro?
Old 12-06-2007, 06:29 PM   #15
NeonInVermont

They ARENT stackable.
You have to do normal and pro at different times.
But thats fine if your going for all achievements since there is 2 monster trucks you have to Complete all races in Championship Mode with.
Its a pretty easy game. A good 2days playing and you should have all 1000/1000.

Check out my Completed guide if you need any help.
http://candiedskull.com/monsterjam/
Old 12-08-2007, 03:15 PM   #16
Molneze3

Molneze's Gamercard

I don't understand how you can say this is an "easy" game... I am having a bitch of a time beating these guys on Pro. I get knocked all over the freaking road. And if i manage to maintain first place long enough, one little bump and my truck goes flying outa control. And as far as those "stunt arean" challenges... F**K that! I had a much less frusterating time with Stuntman!
Old 12-08-2007, 04:54 PM   #17
NeonInVermont

I always find that once you get in first, dont use TURBO unless its a straightaway. Hit things NOT using turbo to slow them down behind you. On Pro you will need to use shortcuts because the computer does also. On normal they dont use them, but on Pro they do. Use turbo around corners to prevent you from losing speed.
As for the freestyle stunts, they are frustrating, but its mostly luck to be honest with ya. I tried some of them for like 30min before I got first in them.
But once you get that one awesome run, you will be glad you kept at it.

Yeah, stuntman was much more fun.
Old 12-08-2007, 06:32 PM   #18
Molneze3

Molneze's Gamercard

Well, i guess it may not be that hard after all. Just repitition. One thing that may help the rest of us out, is if someone could add to the guide, what exactly and how to get ALL 15 stunts in the freestyle arenas. Maxing out "obstacles used" and "time used" is no problem, but i can only get 11 stunts MAX. What are the four i'm missing. I'm sure if i knew how to do those four missing stunts, then i could also max out "stunt variation". I think adding that could really help the guide out. I can't figure out which are the missing stunts.
Old 12-09-2007, 06:11 AM   #19
NeonInVermont

I have found that stunt variation is just your point total.
I did a good, high scoring round and made sure I didnt do any wheelies (that way I new for sure I would be missing a stunt) and I still got 15/15
If you can just get a good high scoring run with 2 good combo runs in it, you should be good to go.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:34 PM   #20
DLStChad II

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The only thing on Pro mode im having trouble with is the races. Im getting whooped. The arena modes seem easy in Pro mode, especially freestyle. I found that if I get a really good score then im good to go, I got about 60k average sometimes more so just go for a really high score and your sorted.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:22 PM   #21
TESTUBE BABY 82
Banned User

TESTUBE BABY 82's Gamercard
i found that using ur boost to get ahead then take it easy then .i found that the trucks tend to make mistakes and crash which helps
TESTUBE BABY 82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 06:31 PM   #22
toxictaz
Banned User

TOXIC TAZ's Gamercard
i have the easiest way to win a race. is to avoid ramps, obstacles and car pile ups are the worst. learn the good short cuts and keep tapping boost. wait for them to crash, hit a ramp or pile up. then avoid and easily get past them. plus zoom out camera. i think it makes it easier. i completed this game in a day, but i still need the last truck. i think i have to spam stunt points in races from what i hear.

for free styles try to get a 15-20x multiplyer at start. hit every jump. im pretty sure the variations are donut, air, crush or crush, air, wheelie, donut etc.... just different orders. i dont really think points matter that much, but you should be good after first combo at the start.

overall i think this game is pretty easy. in my opinion. its no... PGR3 lol....
hope this helps.
toxictaz is offline   Reply With Quote