Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Dead Rising
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-21-2013, 06:39 AM   #1
Smeagol0327

Smeagol0327's Gamercard
General Achievements Question

So i just started playing this game and i got a question, basically for multiple achievements, the question relates to all of them. For the achievements if you die and start a new game with the same profile do you have to restart from scratch with all the logged kills, or pictures of survivors, killing 1000 zombie, getting all the PP stickers, eat all the foods?
Smeagol0327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:57 AM   #2
Matt16594

Matt16594's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I dont think any achievement in this game is cumulative and they all have to be done in one play through.

Check the achievement guide HERE for any more help

Matt16594 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:15 AM   #3
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   Subscriber - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt16594 View Post
I dont think any achievement in this game is cumulative and they all have to be done in one play through.

Check the achievement guide HERE for any more help
Actually there are 6 cumulative achievements, and they're easy to distinguish because they all say "TYPE: Total REQ" in their description. Everything else is single playthrough and say "TYPE: 1 Play REQ."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:35 PM   #4
bblcreator8790

bblcreator8790's Gamercard
It's been a long time since I played this game, but if I recall correctly one thing to note is that if you complete an achievement that gives you a reward (such as the mega-buster for the 53,595 zombie kills achievement) you must finish that current playthrough the unlock the reward, getting any ending. Otherwise you won't get the reward if you start a new game.
bblcreator8790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:39 PM   #5
Michael Fautley

Michael Fautley's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblcreator8790 View Post
It's been a long time since I played this game, but if I recall correctly one thing to note is that if you complete an achievement that gives you a reward (such as the mega-buster for the 53,595 zombie kills achievement) you must finish that current playthrough the unlock the reward, getting any ending. Otherwise you won't get the reward if you start a new game.
This is TRUE, if you do the car technique in the underground. You have to make sure you end the story to unlock the item for your next playthrough.

I know that all the collectable achievements are in one playthrough execpt the clothes one. Don't hold me to that as I haven't played the game in ages. Have just bought a new copy of it today so will get back into it.
Windows Phone Games Completed: 2
XBL Arcade Games Completed: 0
Custom Controller In Development: Wired SSFIV Theme
Michael Fautley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:30 PM   #6
ACDCs TNT

ACDCs TNT's Gamercard
Yeah, I got the Zombie Genocide Achievement then assumed that if I saved the game after dying the Mega Blaster would stay unlocked. I was wrong.
ACDCs TNT is offline   Reply With Quote