PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > Rockstar Games Table Tennis
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-02-2006, 02:18 AM   #1
Blaze

Blaze97's Gamercard
Tips for beating Juergen on All-star?

Yeah, so, Juergen is a bitch and I cannot beat him on All-star. I'm playing as Liu Ping and he can always return my "perfect serve". Backspin and soft shots rarely work and he's apparently an expert at returning smashes. I'm pretty far into the All-star tournament and I really don't want to restart it with another character. If you have the decency to post some tips on how to beat him, please do.
Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 10:54 AM   #2
skuff

dj skuff's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Forza Tournament 2nd Place
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
i seem to have got myself into the the same place you are mate, i cant beat him for shit either, ive come close to winning a game but not the hole match. grrrrr @ it

99999 achieved 3/4/08
skuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 07:36 PM   #3
PhilpotMusic

Send a message via AIM to PhilpotMusic Send a message via MSN to PhilpotMusic

PhilpotMusic's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
haha, thats pretty funny! I was in the same situation, I quit and went to get the other achivements first. I'm gonna try and beat the all-star circuit with all players tonight and tomarrow, if I find any tips on how to do it i'll post back!

PhilpotMusic

How's my gaming?
www.PhilpotMusic.com

www.myspace.com/philpottheband
PhilpotMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 02:22 AM   #4
The Perfect Gun
Banned User

The Perfect Gun's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze
Same with all of you, It is really hard... I unlocked all of the players and I tryed to use any players, but he is good. We should ask the guy that has 1000.
The Perfect Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 04:06 AM   #5
dunderpate

You might want to tweak your Perfect Serve technique. Step a tad one way or another and adjust your power meter when you swing. I found that just as each character you play has to stand and serve a bit differently, each opponent has a threshold.

To get Juergen you need to hit the white line on the serve (how it goes into the mini zoom of the ball hitting the edge) in order for him to whiff it. Thats how I beat him with Liu Ping earlier today on my way to the "Beat all star with every player" achievement. good luck!

Last edited by dunderpate; 06-03-2006 at 04:08 AM.
dunderpate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 11:30 PM   #6
Blaze

Blaze97's Gamercard
Thanks, I'll try it.
Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 10:05 PM   #7
PhilpotMusic

Send a message via AIM to PhilpotMusic Send a message via MSN to PhilpotMusic

PhilpotMusic's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
yea I just played against him with Lui Ping. I found out if you only step three steps to the right instead of four he can't hit it. if that doesn't work step 3 times to the right, stop, then half step to the right again. good luck.

PhilpotMusic

How's my gaming?
www.PhilpotMusic.com

www.myspace.com/philpottheband
PhilpotMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 12:59 AM   #8
dunderpate

Ugg, Jung soo in the finals- All Star. Me: Soyaman. No dice on any variation, had to beat him without it. It all depends when you are fighting which dude, lots of changing the footwork, power and spin. Sometimes, even that doesn't work, but there are still a few ways to trick him into net or outs.

dunderpate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 02:39 AM   #9
Ki23lla

Send a message via MSN to Ki23lla

Jetsfan325's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Street Fighter 2 Tournament Winner   Submit - Bronze   UNO - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
i think jung soo and mark were the hardest in the finals but then on the last match i had to vs kumi and it was cake

Lets Go Knicks
Ki23lla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 09:05 PM   #10
Klebold

after i realised the perfect serve was just not gonna work i tried playing him legit and i kinda managed to beat him pretty easily. Sounds kinda simple and Duhh, but because his power is lower compared to yours u can muscle him out. If u Force him to return shots at extreme angles (as in the corners nearest the net, furthest away from you) with focus shots itll either give u a smash opportunity [once u get to smash, its an easy point] or he'll miss the ball completely. Juergen seems to be really good at returning the ball usually so ull never want to hit the ball on the side he's standing. Also since he's very spin happy use backspin alot to gain some focus so u can hammer on those corners.

Ive done a really bad job of explaining this but i managed to beat him 11-3 / 11-4 with rally's mainly under 15. I am by no means great at this game as playing online has proven to me, but i hope this helps.
Klebold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 10:44 PM   #11
BlitZx HyPnOsIs

Send a message via AIM to BlitZx HyPnOsIs

Rump3lstiItskin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   UNO - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klebold
after i realised the perfect serve was just not gonna work i tried playing him legit and i kinda managed to beat him pretty easily. Sounds kinda simple and Duhh, but because his power is lower compared to yours u can muscle him out. If u Force him to return shots at extreme angles (as in the corners nearest the net, furthest away from you) with focus shots itll either give u a smash opportunity [once u get to smash, its an easy point] or he'll miss the ball completely. Juergen seems to be really good at returning the ball usually so ull never want to hit the ball on the side he's standing. Also since he's very spin happy use backspin alot to gain some focus so u can hammer on those corners.
wow copy much?

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...ead.php?t=4543

BlitZx HyPnOsIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:08 PM   #12
Klebold

sorry perfect gun for copying, i hadnt read your post. blitz excuse me for not actually being sad enough to read every single post on this forum just in case of plagiarism. since it wasnt posted on this thread how am i supposed to know?

oh and not to forget, how did u know i like to copy people's ideas and earn Virtual Respect from people in forums because im helpful!
Klebold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 01:47 AM   #13
KrustyBunker

Juergan = Bastard

I know someone posted a thread lower in the board about any advice for beating Juergan, but no one responded, so I am reposting praying, hopring, pleading for someone to help me figure out how to beat this cockbite. I have played won the first set and gone up by 5 in the second set only to have him come back and kick my sorry ass.

Anyone with words of encouragement?
KrustyBunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 01:54 AM   #14
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Front Page   x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   PAX Meet 2010   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff - Administrator   10,000 posts   Submit - Gold   Bright Idea   Gears of War Tournament Final Four
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Krusty - Posting in a thread brings the thread back up to the top of the forum. Please resurrect old threads in the future as opposed to creating new threads. Thanks

Marge: Have you noticed any change in Bart
Homer: New glasses?
Marge: Noooo... He looks like something maybe disturbing him
Homer: Probably misses his old glasses
Marge: We could get more involved in Bart's activities, but then I'd be afraid of smothering him
Homer: Yeah, and then we'd get the chair.
Marge: That's not what I meant!
Homer: It was Marge, admit it.
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 02:19 PM   #15
ll Mr Magic ll
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to ll Mr Magic ll

xMVKx DROsmoker's Gamercard
Wink

Ok well word of Advice Jesper is the best person i the game.... Ive been shutting the computer out on the Pro Circuit. All u have to do is press A , because he has Sick topspin. Eventualy his focus meter will fill up and then us a leftspin or rightspin under focus to confuse the A.I. on an intense rally. But all i had to do was just press A and control where i wanted the ball to go.... very easy if u ask me..........IM NASTY at GAMES.

ll Mr Magic ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 03:15 PM   #16
NitrousPeak

Send a message via AIM to NitrousPeak

KBI Nitrou5p34k's Gamercard
I could beat anyone without using a perfect serve.

Why?

Because there is something I like to call - the perfect SHOT.

It is not exactly perfect, but it gets them running 20 feet to go fetch the ping-pong ball.

If they hit a shot to your right (right side of the table), use a focus shot. Hold LB and do a leftspin focus shot, putting the left analog stick to your left and down. Practice it. You will see that most of the time they run 20 feet off to the side, and if they do get it, there is a clear table for you. A lot of times they do not get it. Good luck with it! :P
NitrousPeak is offline   Reply With Quote