PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Battlefield: Bad Company
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-25-2012, 12:23 PM   #1
robhill311

Multiplayer

I'm thinking of starting this game as haven't touched it since I bought it back in 2009. However looking at some of the multiplayer achievements/awards and the way ea turn their servers off has left me wondering whether it's worth starting it and how long it would take me to finish it. The roadmap says 30-60 hours but I can't see how you'd get all that multiplayer done in that time. Id say more like 100 odd hours. Just wanted some advice really as whether it's worth starting from scratch. Would I be best off joining a boosting group as I'd imagine most people who play these days are pros? So even attempting the achievements will be tough as I won't have had the sheer amount of practice they have all had.

Advice?
Thanks!
robhill311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:12 PM   #2
Geekazaur

Dr Dondake's Gamercard
I had this issue when I picked up The Darkness one just before the sequel came out. There was next to no one on those servers, and the ones that were on their were using mods to boost for the achievements. My suggestion would be to find a boosting group, whether it be on the games forums, or to get a few friends to borrow/purchase the game to play with you
Geekazaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:24 PM   #3
robhill311

Yeah I thought about joining a boosting group. Problem is due to work and relationship commitments I can normally only do a couple of evenings a week. And on top of that, if I did join a boosting group, I'd also have to help others with some of the longer achievements. Such as the 10k kills each!
robhill311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:30 PM   #4
EVILTITO

TheSkepticalGuy's Gamercard
Smile Server Off or on?

If the server it's still online let me know and i can help on some of the online chivos.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:31 AM   #5
jassick

jassick's Gamercard
not many people actually boost for the 10k kills. mostly it'll be for i am badco. there's always sessions up on t/a for it, but they're usually from around 11pm-5am est. since they discovered the new way of conquest boosting sessions go much easier and are insanely more productive now.

I'd recommend you familiarize yourself with the game a little bit before hopping into a session. the mechanics aren't that hard (excluding the chopper), but look at the awards. some take higher priority than others, due to difficulty. most you can get just playing normally with a little practice.

jassick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:52 AM   #6
NeoN N1GhTmAr3

NeoN N1GhTmAr3's Gamercard
Smile Hiya

Hey,
So I see that you are considering starting from scratch. GOOD LUCK!
I mean that in a positive way, because, it's actually quite easy to rank up. Here is some tips on how I ranked up when I first started:
1)Find and friend a pro
--Someone who is always dominating the scores are probably a pro. If you friend them, then they will most likely be glad to play with you. (Playing literally alongside a pro really helps you get kills).
2)Be a medic (Support class)
--Being a medic will not only give you points for kills, but gives you points for healing.
3)DO NOT CAMP
--Camping is only sometimes okay for snipers. I wouldn't suggest sniping when you start, I would suggest being Assault or Demo, so like if you are ever ambushed by someone, you have a powerful gun to defend yourself with. Also, you shouldn't camp because PLAYERS WON'T COME TO YOU, you have to COME TO THEM.
4)Learn how to drive a helicopter
--If piloted successfully, Helicopters are the best weapon in Battlefield: Bad Company. If they are not piloted correctly, then you should expect to die almost immediately, either from enemy fire, or an anti-helicopter gun.
5)FRIEND ME
--Friend me, because I am probably one of the best in the world (not bragging) at BBC, and I will GLADLY help you. Gamertag: NeoN N1GhTmAr3
NOW FOR UNLOCKS:
This is how I think you should unlock things (in order)
1)Auto-healer (for assault class): This is absurdly important.
2)DO NOT UNLOCK GUNS. The guns you are supplied with are perfectly fine, and are actually better than most other weapons. YOU MUST UNLOCK THE SPECIAL THINGS FOR EACH CLASS (mines, sniping binoculars, c4, etc).
I wish you good luck!
NeoN N1GhTmAr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:05 AM   #7
PreppieSole98

PreppieSole98's Gamercard
The servers are still online but mainly now a days because of all the new Battlefields, only the die hard professionals of the professionals play this online now and they all have the highest rank. I'm rubbish at FPS's in general but managed to get a few of achievements in this including some online achievements such as the two that include knifing and getting the dog tags of 50 different people. That was pretty hard but I managed to do it in about a week without boosting anything and I enjoyed it so I think it is well worth your time to go back and get some more achievements.

~Credit to TheRealRedX for the awesome signature~
Retail (100%) = 6 ~ XBLA (100%) = 1
Achievements = 1009/1668 (60.49%)
Gamerscore = 21,515/36,215 (59.41%)
Currently working on = GTA IV
PreppieSole98 is offline   Reply With Quote