Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-05-2013, 10:58 AM   #1
HoliestEd

HoliestEd's Gamercard
Games you started but never finished

I was wondering if any of you have ever started a game and after a couple of hours or so have though 'no this isn't for me'. It's only happened to me a couple of times as I tend to look at most games a while before buying.

It did happen to me with The Witcher 2. I played it for a couple of hours before giving up on it. Now the two achievements I gained for it sit on my gamer card mocking me for my haste in picking it up. Not saying its a bad game just not my cup of tea.

Another was Far Cry 2. Could of been a great game but I just found that some of the mechanics of the game were really annoying.

How about you?
HoliestEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:21 AM   #2
Ninja Eagle

Captain Cotchy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Fallout 3. I'm about halfway through the game and just don't enjoy it enough to finish it. I'll go back to it one day and try it again, that's for sure.

Far Cry 2. Started it. Hated it. 10G only.

Proudest Completions:
Call of Duty 2
Transformers: WFC
Crackdown 2

"He's not just a regular moron. He is the product of the greatest minds of a generation coming together for the express purpose of creating the dumbest moron that ever existed. And you just put him in charge of the entire facility." - Portal 2.

I agree with Buzz, post count is everything. Seeing that number go up every time I post makes me tingle inside.

Ninja Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:57 PM   #3
Barad
Reading 50 Shades of Grey

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891   Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   15,000 Posts
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Bioshock, Dead Rising 2, Resident Evil 6, Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena and a few more. Most of these games I haven't played past 100G and just had to sell them. :/

**Work of Jardinho**
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:00 PM   #4
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Yup. Dead Rising. I have just 1 achievement in that. May try to give it another chance later though.

Edit:
Oh yeah, just remembered about Lost Planet: Colonies. I've only got a handful of achievements in that, but gave up with it in the end. I'm not even sure I have it any more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
heh...don't try to reason with the masses my friend, tis a waste of time

Last edited by Direkin; 05-05-2013 at 02:05 PM.
Direkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:16 PM   #5
Darth Craigus

Darth Craigus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I've done this quite a lot unfortunately. But I also have many games which I've started and have not continued because of other reasons, i.e. if I've bought another game or something else has become popular with my friends etc. So I'll try and separate them into two groups.

Games I've started and haven't liked. (* means I plan to give these another try)

Bioshock
Far Cry 2
Assassin's Creed 3*
Alone In The Dark
Frontlines Fuel of War
F.E.A.R.
Aliens vs Predator*
SSX*
Crysis*
Oblivion*

Games I've started and haven't finished for other reasons

Dead Space
Transformers War for Cybertron
Hitman HD Trilogy
Deus Ex HR
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead 2
Dead Rising Case West
Zombie Driver HD
Mass Effect 2
Metro 2033

I could go on and on in both lists but I'll leave it at that for now. lol

Quote:
I always say, before you judge another man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, you'll be a mile away, and you'll have his shoes...

Last edited by Darth Craigus; 05-05-2013 at 02:20 PM.
Darth Craigus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:27 PM   #6
Yeffrey
Banned User

Skyrim.

I played the shit out of Oblivion until the disc practically melted; I was beyond pumped when Skyrim was announced, I stood in line when Gamestop opened that morning, and got my preorder with cloth map....

...and promptly never played the game. I played about an hour the day I got it, and about another hour a couple months ago. I just cannot get into it, for whatever reason. It holds zero interest for me. I even think it's a terrible game, yet I can't put my finger on why.

I'm going to trade it in for NHL 14 when that comes out.
Yeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:09 PM   #7
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Dead Rising 2 - 80g. Just didn't enjoy it at all. Found it tedious.

Enslaved - 80g. Awful game. Plenty of people recommended it but I found it boring as hell.

Tropico 3 - 5g. I intend going back to this soon. Really don't know why I got rid of this. Love my strategy games.

Risen 2 - 30g. God awful game, and a waste of my 20. Never playing it again. Avoid like the local slapper.

Dragon Age Origins - 70g. After playing Mass Effect, I thought I'd give it a try. How disappointed was I when I started it. Awful visuals and awful combat. Another game I will never play.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:11 PM   #8
EmporerDragon

EmporerDragon's Gamercard

I've got quite a few, though I'm still planning to eventually come back to (most of) them. As sometimes it just wasn't the type of game I wanted to play at the time. Of course, it is a little hard to come back to some as when I also have a triple digit backlog.

EmporerDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:30 PM   #9
StolenPaper18

StolenPaper18's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Dragon's Dogma. I've tried to sit down and play it a few different times, but I just can't get into it. I don't really know what it is about the game, I just don't enjoy playing it.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:42 PM   #10
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Subscriber - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award   2,500 Posts   Micro Guide - Emerald
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
i have a few of the easy achievement games, that i didn't finish and have no intention to, like King Kong, Prison Break and Saw.

the stuff i started, but didn't finish for whatever reason besides them being crap are Dishonored, which i think is a good game, but i can't keep interested in it, for some reason. then there's Forza 4, which is awesome, but the achievements are too daunting and i gave up after doing about 1/4 of the huge amount of races that you need to win.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:54 PM   #11
Spade.
Speedrunning

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

jacob xba's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place   Submit - Silver   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Bioshock
Skyrim
Fallout 3
Battlefield 3
Bad Company
Forza 2
Old 05-05-2013, 06:55 PM   #12
Skribbz1990

Send a message via MSN to Skribbz1990

Skribbz1990's Gamercard
F.E.A.R- it's just so boring to me
Blue Dragon- also boring as heck
Skribbz1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:22 PM   #13
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Craigus View Post
Games I've started and haven't liked. (* means I plan to give these another try)

Bioshock
Aliens vs Predator*
This is just depressing.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:28 PM   #14
stimpson j cat

Stimpson J's Gamercard
Lost Odyssey. Just couldn't get into it. Shame really I had high hopes.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:31 PM   #15
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Fallout 3
Fallout New Vegas
Power Gig: ROTS
Duke Nukem
Bionic Commando
Burnout Paradise
Black Ops 2
Ghost Recon
Street Fighter IV
Saints Row
Saints Row 2
Quake 4
Red Dead Redemption
GTA IV
Test Drive 2

Lots more....some games just suck or they bore me. I play xbox to have fun....if I wanted to feel like I was doing a chore I would clean my house or something like that.
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:46 PM   #16
Starstrukk X360A

Nerdcrest's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
This applies to both games I like and games I don't like (games I like being I just don't have the time to play them as often as I used to)
But as for games I couldn't get into...
I know GTA IV was one that I never completed just because I couldn't get into it.

Follow me on the internet:

Starstrukk X360A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:48 PM   #17
Darth Craigus

Darth Craigus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Craigus

Bioshock
Aliens vs Predator*
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
This is just depressing.
I feel this deserves a little more explanation, as I realise how that looks considering Bioshock is one of the 360's most critically acclaimed titles and AvP, well, quite frankly isn't.

I have given Bioshock at least 4 or 5 attempts, with at least an hour or more each time, and I just cant get on with it. I am not entirely sure what it is. I think the graphics and the atmosphere are great, but I think in general I'm not really a fan of any type of media (film, stories, TV shows, games etc) which are based in the setting and in the era that Bioshock is.

I'll give AvP another shot because I have only tried it once, and it's very rare that I wont give games more than one attempt before giving up on them. I'm a fan of the Alien films so I'd feel more engaged in that storyline if it was/is faithful to the films etc. Though I have to say I didn't really see anything in the hour or so that I have played to make me think I'll like it any more than I do Bioshock.

At the end of the day though, every game, no matter how good or how bad, will have those that enjoy it and those that don't.

Quote:
I always say, before you judge another man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, you'll be a mile away, and you'll have his shoes...
Darth Craigus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:51 PM   #18
Kairi
Guide and Award Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   CABS Beta Tester   Green Thumb - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Community Gaming - Silver   Submit - Emerald   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   The Helping Hand   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
These are the ones that come to mind:

Condemned - I was extremely close to beating this game, but a glitch on the second to last level prevented me from going any further in the game. :/ I might start over again at some point if I feel like it so I can beat the game and wrap up some achievements.
Dynasty Warriors 6 - I decided to buy this game since many people recommended me to get it because I liked the Ninety-Nine Nights series. I tried it...and I hated it!
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion: A few people recommended this game to me, and I couldn't get into it at all! I found the game really boring fast (only played for an hour or so) and didn't like it.
From Dust - I liked this game at first, then I quickly lost interest in it.
Guitar Hero Aerosmith - This game just bored me for some reason; I should probably go back at some point and at least finish the career for some easy achievements and quick points.
Mirror's Edge - I really wanted to enjoy this game, however, I am AWFUL at this game. I may go give it another try so I can at least finish the story.

Thank you KillerBEA for the avatar and Rajeanero for the signature!

Mords-toi la langue, tu vas finir par me plaire...
Je ne me passe plus de vous. Je ne me passe plus de tout...

Kairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:31 PM   #19
RuYi

Location: It's not the end of the world. But you can see it from here.

Westraid's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Gamer Chick!
Beautiful Katamari - Got the worst cases of motion sickness.
Blur - Bloody hated that game.
Final Fantasy XIII - Forever ruined FF for me.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:34 PM   #20
EmporerDragon

EmporerDragon's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairi View Post
Dynasty Warriors 6 - I decided to buy this game since many people recommended me to get it because I liked the Ninety-Nine Nights series. I tried it...and I hated it!
Not sure why everybody was recommending 6. It's considered to be the 2nd worst warriors game for the 360 (1st is Strikeforce). Try 7, Gundam 2, or one of the Orochi ones instead.

EmporerDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:26 PM   #21
DMagoo24

DMagoo24's Gamercard
Magna Carta 2 and Lost Odyssey. I really liked both games, but I had other newer and "better" games waiting for me to play... so as soon as I got hung up on something, I moved on...
DMagoo24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:37 PM   #22
Survived Quarry Junction

l Stab People's Gamercard
I wish I could could give up on World at War but its just something that will feel amazing to have completed.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:39 AM   #23
dzy

Dead Space - I really enjoyed it when I started it, but it got kind of repetitive for me =/.

GTA IV - Its a great game, but I always end up screwing around instead of doing missions haha.
dzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:41 AM   #24
sicklyplague

SicklyPlague's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Halo combat evolved
Lost odyssey ( i plan on finishing this though)
Borderlands 2
Red Dead Redemption
Darksiders 2
Gears of war
Call of Duty WaW
Fable 2
Record of Aragast War Zero

These i started to see if i would like them (like Record of Aragast war), i got bored of them (borderlands 2) and some i am just taking my time before i finish them (lost odyssey)

Thanks to MabusScarab for the Sig!
sicklyplague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:36 AM   #25
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Splinter Cell: Double Agent - only paid 2
Call of Duty 4 - borrowed off a mate.
Stranglehold - borrowed off a mate.

Happy with that as I only spent 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Craigus View Post
I feel this deserves a little more explanation, as I realise how that looks considering Bioshock is one of the 360's most critically acclaimed titles and AvP, well, quite frankly isn't.
You shouldn't have to explain your reasons anyway, it's each to their own.

Last edited by cjdavies; 05-06-2013 at 08:43 AM.
cjdavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:27 PM   #26
xYuki

Okami Ryouko's Gamercard
I never actually was able to finish playing Fallout New Vegas. Got, "Ain't that a kick in the head" and the game vanished. But there is a game I played and didn't like. Splinter Cell Conviction.
One ring to bring them
And in darkness bind them
xYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:32 PM   #27
hydrosugar

xFightingSaintx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Saints Row is the only one that immediately comes to mind. Couldn't get into it at all. Felt dated as shit, and I had just played (and enjoyed) PGR 3 not too long before that. I haven't finished the career mode on Forza 2, and if we start counting things like that there may be a few more. (Though in this particular case it's mainly because the game won't let me play offline).
Old 05-06-2013, 02:49 PM   #28
Delta3519
Unstoppable Chaos

Delta3519's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Subscriber - Silver   Staff Club - troy0891   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Guitar Hero 3
Was unimpressed with it right from the start
Delta3519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:39 PM   #29
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdavies View Post
You shouldn't have to explain your reasons anyway, it's each to their own.
Save the drama. Some people like to elaborate or heaven forbid, have a conversation rather than a two word post. He's a big boy but I'm sure your little pat on the bum will make life easier for everyone.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:12 PM   #30
FatalDeathSG45

BloodScourge88's Gamercard

There are a few games I've played through but haven't finished, not because I don't like them, but because I'm focused on other games I play regularly (like Borderlands 2 or Defiance).

Though I beat Bioshock 1, I've hardly touched Bioshock 2. It's a good game, don't g et me wrong. I just haven't been playing it that much, though I pop it in from time to time.

Another game is Dead Island. Some people like it, some people don't and playing it I can understand both sides. I like it, though, so I'll definitely be trying to beat it (especially considering Riptide recently came out).

Halo 3: ODST also comes to mind. Though still a good game, it's my least favorite of the Halo titles for obvious reasons.

Then there's the Rainbow Six Vegas games. I like them, but the controls make it a slower pace than, say, Call of Duty.

Misete agemasho... Karnoffel no shinsui wo!
(Let me show you... the true essence of Karnoffel!)
FatalDeathSG45 is offline   Reply With Quote