PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-06-2013, 08:43 PM   #31
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Assassin's Creed.

Hated Altair's voice acting. Hated the controls. Hated the music. Hated the plot. Hated everything.

Assassin's Creed II was light years better. Much more fluid. And Brotherhood was a great emphasis on AC2's perfection.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:52 PM   #32
The Elite Elite

The Elite Elite's Gamercard
The only game I've played and never finished (that I can recall anyway) is Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness. It just didn't have the same feel I enjoyed from all the previous games in the series. I'm a little worried this latest TR will have the same issue, but I plan on giving it a go anyway.

Thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er for the picture!
The Elite Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:22 AM   #33
Mercury

Mercury XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   XBA Representer   x360a Representer   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Enchanted Arms. Really enjoyed the style of combat and the story but utterly despised the characters and voice acting. Horrendous. It eventually got on my nerves so much I just put it on the shelf and traded it in after it sat there for 2 years. Kinda reconsidering getting it again and seeing if I can't put the voices in Japanese and subtitle it in English.

Edit: oh, and Blazing Angels 2. Couldn't get past one level after 20 tries so I called it quits.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:34 AM   #34
DMagoo24

DMagoo24's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
Save the drama. Some people like to elaborate or heaven forbid, have a conversation rather than a two word post. He's a big boy but I'm sure your little pat on the bum will make life easier for everyone.
Most of your posts crack me up...

back on topic,

Dead Space was another one... I started getting bored of it... hey, maybe I was tired of getting the shit scared out of me... either way, I grew weary of it, and I was close(ish) to the end...
DMagoo24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:12 AM   #35
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickableLemons7 View Post
Assassin's Creed.

Hated Altair's voice acting. Hated the controls. Hated the music. Hated the plot. Hated everything.

Assassin's Creed II was light years better. Much more fluid. And Brotherhood was a great emphasis on AC2's perfection.
The plot and score are what set the tone for all the other Assassins Creed games except for AC 3.....how can you hate the first but love the second? I can see liking II better then the first.....but you can't be serious.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:02 PM   #36
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
The plot and score are what set the tone for all the other Assassins Creed games except for AC 3.....how can you hate the first but love the second? I can see liking II better then the first.....but you can't be serious.
For me it was the repeptive gameplay in AC compared to AC2, I just wanted to finish AC quickly.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:03 PM   #37
Neme6ben

neme6ben's Gamercard
I haven't finished Bioshock 2 yet, I bought last fall and everytime I think about playing it I buy another game that's on sale instead loll, I only made it 15 minutes into the game so far!
Old 05-07-2013, 03:11 PM   #38
Toams07

Toamss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 - I just find it too bad to play right now. Will probably finish it someday

Bayonetta - I really liked the game, but for some reason I haven't been able to get myself to play it for a while

DOOM - Kinda got sick of it because I constantly forgot to save on Ultra-Violence and the game has no autosave

Call of Juarez - Just found it a bad game

Jumper - A really bad game. Couldn't even put myself to play for the achievements

KoA: Reckoning - Same as Bayonetta

Fallout 3 - Didn't like the horror and survival aspects of the game

Lost Odyssey - I suck at turn-based tactical combat

Crysis 2 - Didn't like the game

Divinity 2 - Didn't like the game

Final Fantasy XIII - Same as Lost Odyssey

Midnight Club: LA - Didn't like the game really

Prototype - Found it too hard at the time for some reason lol

Cameron's Avatar - One word: BAD

Fuel: Got boring pretty quick

Thanks to DEG23 for the azaming Trials Evo sig!

Thanks to Rajeanero for the fantastic Joker avatar!
Toams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:04 PM   #39
HoliestEd

HoliestEd's Gamercard
Glad I'm not the only one!
HoliestEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:56 AM   #40
BigBabyJeezus

Any game on my list that requires online play. For the price of Gold Membership, I could just buy some more games and hunt all the offline achievements.
BigBabyJeezus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:48 AM   #41
hydrosugar

xFightingSaintx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
Enchanted Arms. Really enjoyed the style of combat and the story but utterly despised the characters and voice acting. Horrendous. It eventually got on my nerves so much I just put it on the shelf and traded it in after it sat there for 2 years. Kinda reconsidering getting it again and seeing if I can't put the voices in Japanese and subtitle it in English.
I think the English voice acting pissed everyone off. I'm actually playing it for the first time now, switched to the Japanese voice acting almost instantly. It's a much more pleasant experience that way. Even Makoto sounds decent. Dialouge is still occasionally retarded, but it's more funny than anything. Not being that far in myself I'm not sure of the overall quality of the game, but if you were enjoying it bar the voice acting it's definitely worth trying it again. Would be dirt cheap now.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:35 PM   #42
ginge88isfun

Send a message via Skype™ to ginge88isfun

Ginge88isfun's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
'Prototype' - Just didn't like it.
F.E.A.R - As above.
Wolfenstein - Crappy controls and generally bad gameplay.
ginge88isfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:44 PM   #43
JimmyBR

Send a message via MSN to JimmyBR

James A Dutra's Gamercard
Final Fantasy XIII-2 due to the lack of time.
JimmyBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:39 PM   #44
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Red Dead Redemption (planning on starting it over this summer)
Skyrim
Mass Effect.

Those are my games that I want to complete by the time summer is over.

credits to DEG23
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:56 PM   #45
wesbranscum

wesbranscum's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginge88isfun View Post
'Prototype' - Just didn't like it.
F.E.A.R - As above.
Wolfenstein - Crappy controls and generally bad gameplay.
same here the entire time i thought "god this is so boring" and i gave up with only 1 or 2 cheevos
Old 05-08-2013, 02:51 PM   #46
Aiden95

fear the people's Gamercard
Far cry 3, i played the first mission then decided to go exploring. about 2 hours in i got bored and havent played since. i havent even gotten to the mushroom doctor yet
Guides without roadmaps really get on my tits!!
Aiden95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:43 PM   #47
ESG BLAZE

ESG BLAZE's Gamercard
Fallout New Vegas, Duke Nukem, Borderlands 2, Lost, Condemed, Prey
ESG BLAZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:32 PM   #48
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Condemned - Couldn't get into it, very odd game in my opinion

Condemned 2: Bloodshot - rented the game, and the game glitched on me on the first level -__-

Tony Hawk's Project 8 - Could never make it past the 4th spot on his team, game was tough for me lol.

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:08 PM   #49
DxxxRules

DxxxRules's Gamercard
Resident Evil 6, stopped playing it because I got more games, but I was thinking about playing a little bit more of it today

Rockstar Energy x Falken Tire

DxxxRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:19 PM   #50
Slaughter.
GIT GUD

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Gears of War 2. Can't stand the whole series so I traded it in and I never want to see it ever again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Something about a million psychotic ninja women who resemble snakes attacking me turns me on I guess.

Slaughter. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:51 PM   #51
BigBabyJeezus

Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post

Condemned 2: Bloodshot - rented the game, and the game glitched on me on the first level -__-

Tony Hawk's Project 8 - Could never make it past the 4th spot on his team, game was tough for me lol.
You should give Condemned one more try. Besides the glitchy collectible achievements, it's a very easy horrible game to 100%. Just don't save manually and print out that collectible guide.
BigBabyJeezus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:00 AM   #52
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Viva Pinata. A friend gave me it a while ago and when I finally decided to play it I got bored during the tutorial and deleted it from my game history. I'll definitely give it another chance though, probably after I get all the achievements for Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 and Gears of War: Judgement.
Latest arcade completion: Warface

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:54 AM   #53
Inebriated Jedi

Send a message via Skype™ to Inebriated Jedi

Inebriated Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
- Beyond Good & Evil HD
- Enslaved
- Shadow Complex
- Splosion Man

I couldn't get into them for some reason.

Last edited by Inebriated Jedi; 05-12-2013 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Missed one.
Inebriated Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:03 AM   #54
Mr Cogfather

Mr Cogfather's Gamercard
Mine would be Darksiders 2, I thought I would enjoy it because I loved Darksiders but nope....Darksiders 2 is different in every single way. I've tried to go back to playing so I can just beat it and get it over with but I just can't bring myself to do it....anybody else?
Mr Cogfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:46 PM   #55
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Quote:
Originally Posted by DxxxRules View Post
Resident Evil 6, stopped playing it because I got more games, but I was thinking about playing a little bit more of it today
In all honesty, don't bother. Resident Evil 6 is one of the worst games I've played in the past 2 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1ZIONZxBLOOD View Post
Gears of War 2. Can't stand the whole series so I traded it in and I never want to see it ever again.
Oh my god, I love you! I hate that series with a passion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBabyJeezus View Post
You should give Condemned one more try. Besides the glitchy collectible achievements, it's a very easy horrible game to 100%. Just don't save manually and print out that collectible guide.
Hmm, well I don't even own the first one anymore. I sold it like 3-4+ years ago lol. If I still had it, I would try to give it a go again, but I'd rather just not bother buying it again even if it's cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGoogles View Post
Viva Pinata. A friend gave me it a while ago and when I finally decided to play it I got bored during the tutorial and deleted it from my game history. I'll definitely give it another chance though, probably after I get all the achievements for Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 and Gears of War: Judgement.
Viva Piñata (original and Trouble in Paradise) were so much fun. You should definitely give it another try soon.

Old 05-10-2013, 03:07 PM   #56
13poynz

poynzx13's Gamercard
Dead Island. I keep meaning to go back to it but I always get distracted by something else. Hopefully one day I'll actually finish it though.
13poynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:21 AM   #57
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickableLemons7 View Post
Assassin's Creed.

I said that too then after beating II then Brotherhood and having a better understanding of the story I went back to it after a few years and I loved that game,did 4 playthroughs of it.

Ontopic

Brutal Legend,Bayonetta,Resident Evil 6,Shaun WHites snowboarding,and Turok (PS3,360). They were awful. I just HAD to stop playing them.

RE6 was a pointless button masher,its RE its not suppossed to be a QTE game dammit. It was a step back from RE 4 and judging by the demo of 5.

Turok,they pussified Turok in that game,he reminded me of an anoyying college guy not the badass Dino Hunter and Peacekeeper we grew up with.

Brutal legend,hated everything about it,except the music.

For SW Snowboarding-To advance in story you had to collect boring medallions LOL. Snowboarding controls were iffy,got boring after awhile.

I don't know why people give glory to Bayonetta. The game was terrible. Lets throw the same areas at the player,same enimies,Terrible music,nonstop pace over and over.

Atleast God of war and Dantes Inferno had different enimies,Much more steady pace,Better orchestrated music,much better combat,upgradable weapons and magic,and mind blowing areas. I stopped at chapter 4 of Bayonetta,story was goin no were.

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

https://soundcloud.com/soundwasteland

Last edited by Deadsea 18; 05-14-2013 at 05:17 AM.
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 04:05 AM   #58
mcnichoj

mcnichoj's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post

I hate the first game...
SO I SHOULD DEFINITELY GO BUY THE SEQUEL!

Everyone listing Dead Space makes me a sad panda.
Everyone listing BioShock makes me a really sad panda.
Everyone listing Blue Dragon thought it was a DBZ game.

“You’re acting like a little girl lately. And not in a good way.” - Henry Winkler

People tell me I'm weird and that I'm not conventional
Someone asked me what my dream girl is and I told them with a lot of depth but two dimensional
mcnichoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:04 PM   #59
Looter1

looter1's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold
Lol for me it's more than half of the games I own - and I own a lot; this is part of the reason - I get something new and get distracted... or sometimes it's a thing that one of my ex-collegues called "choice-paralysis".

I sometimes stare at my wall of games and just have no clue what I wanna play. And after 5-10 minutes of looking at all of the titles I end up choosing nothing; or coming to a website like this one and reading about upcoming games instead of playing anything!

Some games I just didn't really get in to though; and it's a shame cos many others rate these as 'classic' games, but I also see how much time (in some cases weeks) my flatmate takes to finish these games and get put off by the massive time investment for 1 game (GTA IV, RDR, Dragon Age, Skyrim, Fallout 3/NV. Mass Effect Series) or others I played for ages then just lost interest without actually completing the story etc...

Maybe it's ADHD? :P
Looter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:57 PM   #60
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnichoj View Post
I hate the first game...
SO I SHOULD DEFINITELY GO BUY THE SEQUEL!
If that's directed at me, then LOL at being an complete ass.

I thought the first game was odd, not BAD. Surely you don't know how to read or comprehend simple English if you believe the words "odd" and "bad/hate" are synonymous.