PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: Should the grenade launcher be in the multiplayer aspect of games?
Yes 27 57.45%
No 20 42.55%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-07-2013, 07:44 PM   #1
snipingheadshot

Send a message via AIM to snipingheadshot

Faux News 79's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Grenade Launchers in Games

What's the point in having them in multiplayer FPS games anymore? They're disliked by many, they require little skill relative to the rest of the game, and they don't really add anything to the game. If developers are putting them in games because it's "realistic" and real warfare has them, then there's a lot of things that could be added in place of it, depending on the game. In games like Battlefield, where the environment is destructible, I can see the appeal to use them. However, if that's the only reason for it, the developers could simply make it so it destroys walls, trees, etc., and not have splash damage. In addition, if they really have to make it a lethal weapon, then just make it direct impact only to kill. Basically like the smoke grenade launcher in BF3. What are your opinions on it? Keep it or get rid of it? What do you think it adds to the game?
You're an idiot. Your dog is black. They're going to the movies. There is my car. Their dog is gone. It had no effect on me. That didn't affect me. We left, then we went to the store. He is smarter than you. It's time to leave. That dog lost its collar. His pants are loose. He is going to lose the game. I am going to the store. He has two dogs. I want to go, too. What clothes are you going to wear? They were going to the store. Where are the dogs? If we ignore bad grammar, we condone it.
snipingheadshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:36 PM   #2
The Elite Elite

The Elite Elite's Gamercard
Yeah, I dislike grenade launchers in MP. It's far too easy to get kills with, and at the same time the user isn't placing himself at any greater risk compared to using a regular weapon. (BTW, I like your signature.)

Thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er for the picture!
The Elite Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:10 PM   #3
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
I think they're fine in the majority of games, but noob tubes on Call fo Duty games especially MW are way too effective where as on Battlefield you have to pretty much get a direct hit or rely on splash damage after 3-4 shots. Every game handles them differently though.

---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Last edited by Barad; 05-07-2013 at 09:23 PM.
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:16 PM   #4
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
As much as I hate them, I reckon they should remain in MP games. They're crutches, and the sort of people who need these crutches tend to be very good at padding out your kill count. Their death also promotes camaraderie in the form of team teabagging. Imagine if everyone you encountered could actually play the game properly? You'd get none of that.

@OP: I couldn't agree more with your sig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
heh...don't try to reason with the masses my friend, tis a waste of time
Direkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:22 PM   #5
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Yes, leave them be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Elite Elite View Post
Yeah, I dislike grenade launchers in MP. It's far too easy to get kills with
In COD, yes. Have you ever played BF3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
I think their fine in the majority of games, but noob tubes on Call fo Duty games especially MW are way too effective where as on Battlefield you have to pretty much get a direct hit or rely on splash damage after 3-4 shots. Every game handles them differently though.
That is why.

In Battlefield the rule is simple: don't miss.

If anything they're underpowered so people don't rely on them too much as opposed to say another cheap weapon like the M16. See more people use the noob tube for smoke grenades to cover an attack than to actually get kills.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:27 PM   #6
Spade.
Telemiscommunications

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Jacob XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Everyone flipped out about their effectiveness in Modern Warfare 2, so they nerfed the crap out of them in every title after that. I find them easy to evade on Modern Warfare 2, and the few times I've tried them on every other CoD after that, they are hilariously ineffective.

As for other titles, I have less of a say on them, as I've only dabbled in Battlefield and I don't think they're in Halo, but the times I've used them in BFBC2 they're very effective, as long as the enemy has a little bit of damage on them already.

I personally don't care. They have as much power as a sniper, so it seems to me like a silly thing to get angry about.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:28 PM   #7
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
cheap weapon like the M16.
Whatever.

Seriously though like you said smokes grenades for once are surprisingly useful if they're implemented correctly in a game like BF, this way they're not just another useless gadget but actually help in most situations. The same could be said for explosive launchers if they're also used correctly, like destroying small vehicles or clearing out a small room/corner.

I've seen videos on youtube where a game will start and a player would shoot a g-launcher in the air and randomely get a kill on the other side of the map! Dafuq..and this is MW2 mind.

---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Last edited by Barad; 05-07-2013 at 09:33 PM.
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:30 PM   #8
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Whatever.
LOL jk dude you know I wuvz yah!

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:42 PM   #9
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
I love grenade launchers. I love killing people constantly with them until they get so angry they just quit out. Call of Duty hardcore mode w/it letting you hear the mic of the guy you just killed for a few seconds made n00b tubing pure gold.
I do well with normal weapons but some times I just like to sit back and launch grenades at people for a while.
Most of the people who bitch though...I don't understand. 99% of the kills I get with grenades are because people keep running to the same location even though I just killed them there...I do it again, they bitch yet return seconds later. Rinse and repeat a few times and they just quit in a fit of rage. It's not hard to combat someone with a launcher, games with them are usually balanced quite nicely. I think people just like the complain about anything people use to kill them.

Although be happy none of you ever probably played against me in Modern Warfare 2. One man Army perk with launchers and Danger Close perk...I was not a pleasant opponent
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:53 PM   #10
snipingheadshot

Faux News 79's Gamercard

Quote:
I think people just like the complain about anything people use to kill them.

Although be happy none of you ever probably played against me in Modern Warfare 2. One man Army perk with launchers and Danger Close perk...I was not a pleasant opponent
If that was true, then killstreaks wouldn't be in Call of Duty. People have been complaining about them since MW2. Probably before that even.

So what are your reasons for wanting them to be in?
You're an idiot. Your dog is black. They're going to the movies. There is my car. Their dog is gone. It had no effect on me. That didn't affect me. We left, then we went to the store. He is smarter than you. It's time to leave. That dog lost its collar. His pants are loose. He is going to lose the game. I am going to the store. He has two dogs. I want to go, too. What clothes are you going to wear? They were going to the store. Where are the dogs? If we ignore bad grammar, we condone it.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:14 AM   #11
The Elite Elite

The Elite Elite's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
In COD, yes. Have you ever played BF3?
No, I haven't.

Thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er for the picture!
The Elite Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:20 AM   #12
Spade.
Telemiscommunications

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Jacob XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place
Quote:

Not gonna lie, I'd be a worthy opponent against you.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:13 AM   #13
Tjalfe

Grenade Launcher sucks...
Tjalfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:34 AM   #14
Slaughter.
Wot r u casul??!??

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
I think they're fine in the majority of games, but noob tubes on Call fo Duty games especially MW are way too effective where as on Battlefield you have to pretty much get a direct hit or rely on splash damage after 3-4 shots. Every game handles them differently though.
Completely agree. In CoD you have to hit anywhere around the person whereas on Battlefield they are extremely weak.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:56 AM   #15
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesot8 View Post
That was a bitch to bake.
You what?
/10char

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
heh...don't try to reason with the masses my friend, tis a waste of time
Direkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:28 AM   #16
stoopidplummer

stoopidplummer's Gamercard
Grenade launchers are always nice..
stoopidplummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:45 AM   #17
Aceman417

Aceman417's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Should keep them, they are a part of the game and I find them enjoyable to use.
Next you will be going on about quickscoping in CoD, then probably people spraying with an LMG. If you are good enough then you should have no problem with them.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:05 PM   #18
Ninja Eagle

Captain Cotchy's Gamercard

I hate Grenade Launchers. Get rid of them.

Ninja Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:12 PM   #19
snipingheadshot

Faux News 79's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceman417 View Post
Should keep them, they are a part of the game and I find them enjoyable to use.

Next you will be going on about quickscoping in CoD, then probably people spraying with an LMG. If you are good enough then you should have no problem with them.
Okay. Why do you enjoy them?

This discussion has nothing to do with being good enough in a game to counter them. What do they add to the game? What is their purpose?
Old 05-08-2013, 01:45 PM   #20
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I feel like you can say that about a lot of weapons in games though not just the grenade launcher. I don't think it should be eliminated because I mean shotguns are really powerful too should we eliminate those? I mean I think there are ways to make them less powerful but I don't think they should be completely eliminated.

credits to DEG23
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:51 PM   #21
wesbranscum

wesbranscum's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceskater101 View Post
I feel like you can say that about a lot of weapons in games though not just the grenade launcher. I don't think it should be eliminated because I mean shotguns are really powerful too should we eliminate those? I mean I think there are ways to make them less powerful but I don't think they should be completely eliminated.
i agree, i havent been on black ops 2 in over 2 months but the shotguns where way too powerful, with a sprint perk and a shotgun you could rape, same with certain smg. Every game has that one weapon that is bs and you could make an argument against. I played COD like it was my religion and the launchers where no where near the problem the shotguns, quick scope, and smgs where. hell last time i played id go 2 or 3 games without seeing one, but you always had that Dick with sprint and lightweight perk with a shotty running around

and dont use the argument, well a shotgun at close range would be one shot kill. if thats the case there is nothing wrong with the launchers, trust me if one went off on the wall or ground next to you, you'd be one dead person

Last edited by wesbranscum; 05-08-2013 at 01:55 PM.
wesbranscum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:55 PM   #22
TheZombieReaper

TheZombieReaper's Gamercard
Yes, because its a gun

TheZombieReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:17 PM   #23
CHIRUNO99

chiruno99's Gamercard

We could go all the way down this messy route of saying, "This gun is OP" and leave us to one pistol everybody is allowed to use because it's fair, or just learn to deal with it. Give them a taste of their own medicine for crying out loud.

Damn I'm so depressed.
CHIRUNO99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:34 PM   #24
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipingheadshot View Post
Okay. Why do you enjoy them?

This discussion has nothing to do with being good enough in a game to counter them. What do they add to the game? What is their purpose?
Whats the purpose of thrown grenades? Pistols? A knife?
Variety of ways to kill your opponent. They add variety and fun to the game for those who enjoy using them.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:48 PM   #25
Aiden95

fear the people's Gamercard
Quote:
Whats the purpose of thrown grenades? Pistols? A knife?
Variety of ways to kill your opponent. They add variety and fun to the game for those who enjoy using them.
couldnt agree more man, if people start bitching about "whats the point of them" then you can say that about every weapon, every perk and every kill streak. its just variety and changes the way people play. Ive never had a problem with grenade launchers, whereas on MW2 i hated everyone using the barret 50 cal or the interention for quick scoping, but hell i never complained. Theres nothing game breaking about a noob tube
Guides without roadmaps really get on my tits!!
Aiden95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:06 PM   #26
snipingheadshot

Faux News 79's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceskater101 View Post
I feel like you can say that about a lot of weapons in games though not just the grenade launcher.

I don't think it should be eliminated because I mean shotguns are really powerful too should we eliminate those?
True, but other things don't have the animosity that the grenade launcher does. That's why I'm picking on it.

That's personal preference. Everyone will have a different opinion and it will be game specific. Some games they are, some games they aren't. This is about grenade launchers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiden95 View Post
Theres nothing game breaking about a noob tube
MW2.

Quote:
They add variety and fun to the game for those who enjoy using them.
That's what I wanted you to say. Everyone will have a different reason for using it. I only use it for challenges. Others use it because it's their favorite weapon.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:23 PM   #27
FatalDeathSG45

BloodScourge88's Gamercard

To be honest, I don't really care about grenade launchers in multiplayer. I never use them in multiplayer because the gun in my hands is good enough for me. Foregrips, extended magazines, red dot sights... I'll put any attachment on my gun except a grenade launcher. And if I do get killed by one, it is what it is.

All random friend requests on Live will be declined. NO EXCEPTIONS.
I'll gladly accept Steam FRs, however.
FatalDeathSG45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 01:29 AM   #28
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipingheadshot View Post
True, but other things don't have the animosity that the grenade launcher does. That's why I'm picking on it.
I guess I just look at it as maybe they could definitely make the grenade launcher less powerful but I don't think they should completely eliminate it.

credits to DEG23
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 01:41 AM   #29
mcnichoj

mcnichoj's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
WAH! I want people to play "fair" and give me a chance to kill them.

Basically what 95% of people are actually saying when they complain about a in-game item or tactic.

“You’re acting like a little girl lately. And not in a good way.” - Henry Winkler

People tell me I'm weird and that I'm not conventional
Someone asked me what my dream girl is and I told them with a lot of depth but two dimensional
mcnichoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:27 AM   #30
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I got my one and only nuke noob tubing on wasteland in MW2. With that said I don't use them any more. I play with some guys who do it constantly and it's funny to see people get mad, but once in a while we run into some tubers and it sucks dying that way.

We did win 170 games in a row though which was fun.

"It is done then. Your schemes, like you, are put to rest." - Altaïr Ibn La-Ahad
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote