PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-08-2013, 02:00 PM   #1
bigbbubba

bigbbubba's Gamercard
Pre order/ collectors question

What are your guys thoughts on what the pre order items will be? Also do you think there will be a collectors edition? If so what would you like to see in it?
bigbbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:27 PM   #2
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Posters and image finders (whatever you want to call it) were already given away months ago for a pre order. Those were by far the best pre order items given away than anything else for other games.

I don't think R* does a lot of collectors editions at release (correct me if I'm wrong) and as far as in game items, I don't think they did that with IV. It's not really needed anyways, just the name GTA will make me want to pre order without needing a in game weapon that should already be there.

Maybe after all the DLC is done with V in the future they will come out with a game of the year edition or something. That's all I can see them doing.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:36 PM   #3
Barad
Flibbertigibbet

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Fuck all
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
IV's collectors edition was pretty poor, I just hope this one is better and they include more than a key ring or some artwork for once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Wow. I'm a fucking dumbass.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:39 PM   #4
DxxxRules

DxxxRules's Gamercard
A GTA V license plate or a GTA V jersey would be pretty cool, with some other things of course

Rockstar Energy x Falken Tire

DxxxRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:41 PM   #5
Barad
Flibbertigibbet

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Quote:
Originally Posted by DxxxRules View Post
A GTA V license plate or a GTA V jersey would be pretty cool, with some other things of course
Hmm a license plate that is a pretty cool idea.

Oh man they should make a custom GTA V controller! I would totally spend anything up to 50 on one.

Quote:

Old 05-08-2013, 08:07 PM   #6
DxxxRules

DxxxRules's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
Hmm a license plate that is a pretty cool idea.

Oh man they should make a custom GTA V controller! I would totally spend anything up to 50 on one.
I second the controller idea, and for the center guide button, the V symbol maybe?

Old 05-08-2013, 08:12 PM   #7
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DxxxRules View Post
I second the controller idea, and for the center guide button, the V symbol maybe?
That would be epic. I could use a new controller anyways.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:13 PM   #8
Barad
Flibbertigibbet

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Why not have every button as a V?

Quote:

Old 05-09-2013, 02:04 PM   #9
Eggnogga

Eggnogga's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I really never have an interest in these Special Editions unless they come with something I can actually use in the game. i.e. Mass Effect 3 had the Collector's Edition armor as well as the code for the Ashes dlc.

If GTA5 could do something like that, I would buy it.

As for pre-order bonuses -- I'm still waiting to hear what retailers have. I, for the most part, only buy games from Amazon anymore, so I'm hoping they'll have something.
Eggnogga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:49 PM   #10
Frasr

Frasr's Gamercard
I really hope they include a FULL radio soundtrack CD box-set with the songs from all the radio stations. I bought the soundtrack box-sets for Vice City and San Andreas and I listen to them all the time.

Unfortunately in the IV collectors edition they only included a 'Best of GTA IV' soundtrack, with only a few songs on it

Frasr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:14 PM   #11
DxxxRules

DxxxRules's Gamercard
Quote:
Why not have every button as a V?
Or the GTA font for the other buttons would also be cool? Lower-Case letters just like the title

Old 05-09-2013, 05:19 PM   #12
BiggD
17 Days Until Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
While I don't see Rockstar doing something amazing for a Special Edition or Collector's Edition, I could see them doing something standard such as:

- A statue/figure of the 3 protagonists

- A custom controller!!

- Lithograph

- Keychains

It all depends on what it brings though. I personally have only ever bought two Collector's Editions: Assassin's Creed III and Halo 4. ACIII because the statue was awesome (I sold the belt buckle, notebook and flag ) and Halo because I have an everlasting boner for that franchise/series.

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: The Waiting Game...
~ 17 DAYS ~
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:37 PM   #13
Barad
Flibbertigibbet

Barad XBA's Gamercard

From what everyone has said above, the three must have contents of a CE for me would have to include a custom controller, a full soundtrack CD (not some download key) and some kind of GTA themed mini number plate. This would be amazing. Doubt we will get any of this though.

Quote:

Old 05-09-2013, 11:59 PM   #14
BiggD
17 Days Until Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Quote:
From what everyone has said above, the three must have contents of a CE for me would have to include a custom controller, a full soundtrack CD (not some download key) and some kind of GTA themed mini number plate. This would be amazing. Doubt we will get any of this though.
I would expect any type of soundtrack to be sold separately, regardless of any type of edition. The license plate seems silly to me.

I REALLY want a custom controller though. Think of the possibilities!

~ 17 DAYS ~
Old 05-10-2013, 12:12 AM   #15
Barad
Flibbertigibbet

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
I would expect any type of soundtrack to be sold separately, regardless of any type of edition. The license plate seems silly to me.

I REALLY want a custom controller though. Think of the possibilities!
I guess the plate seems a bit pointless when you think about it, but I imagine it to be a pretty cool little add in.

With Red Dead Redemption's LE, they gave us a code to enter on their website so we could download like 12 mp3 files, the soundtrack was awesome but a physical CD would have been cooler, and again pointless I guess. But the soundtrack for GTA V will be huge no doubt.

Quote:

Old 05-10-2013, 12:21 AM   #16
BiggD
17 Days Until Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
I guess the plate seems a bit pointless when you think about it, but I imagine it to be a pretty cool little add in.

With Red Dead Redemption's LE, they gave us a code to enter on their website so we could download like 12 mp3 files, the soundtrack was awesome but a physical CD would have been cooler, and again pointless I guess. But the soundtrack for GTA V will be huge no doubt.
I hadn't known about that, but either way, I would take the music, physical or digital! So, I will definitely be getting it [GTA OST]!

And now that I think about it, games like Gears, Halo, and Tomb Raider all have a unique theme to their game so their controllers make sense. Not saying GTA V doesn't have it's own "theme" or "identity" but I just don't know what a GTA controller would look like lol.

~ 17 DAYS ~