PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Samurai Warriors 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-30-2007, 12:02 PM   #1
aussiestatic
Banned User

keep getting pwned in survival mode

just wondering the best character to use?
im up to about level 50 or so, but keep getting pwned by some officers.

ive been using kotaro fuma at level 50 with a customized 37 base weapon.
I also have got all the upgrades.

any tips on how to progress easily?
aussiestatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 11:52 PM   #2
Crimson Drifter

Crimson Drifter's Gamercard
Its up to you on what character to use, but I used Tadeketsu Honda and I made it up to where you get the two achievement gaurds (Floor 76-80) without to much of a problem.

I had his Level 3 Weapon with Ice element on it and 3 attack +15, dex +20, and a few others.

Some tips:

- Try to get a level 3 weapon with 7 empty slots, and then save/ load your game till you get them filled with what you want (attack is great as is Musou Charge and maybe Dex/ Def)

- ICE element on the weapon helps tremendously especially on the generals try to get them frozen and then use your full musou on them.

-Make sure your chosen characters stats are all red (meaning maxed out) and get as many skills as you can)

- For a bodyguard use a Monk or a Shrine Maiden as they occasionaly drop items (health, musou charge, def x2, attack x2, etc.) which helps tremendously and have the skills that increase there duration.

- Try and get the skill where every 100 kos gives you some health, since the enemies are endless on most floors, just stick around after you clear the level and kill away to restore health if you are low.

- Every time it asks you to save, make sure you do so, as you can easily return there if something goes wrong.

- I'd say the best characters to use are Honda or Musashi as they both have very high attack and great attacks

I'm sure you can make it through with Kotaro, but those two are the easiest.

I just finished this game today actually and am satisfied.

I hope this helps out a bit, anyhow good luck! Post any other questions if you got them and I'll try and help out.

100% Retail: (x21) Assassin's Creed,Beowulf,
Blue Dragon, Cars, Enchanted Arms, Eragon, Fight Night Round 3, Gun, Jericho, King Kong,
Lost Planet, NBA 2K6, Oblivion, Phantasy Star Universe, Prey, Samurai Warriors 2, Shrek, Superman Returns, The Simpsons, TMNT,
Tomb Raider: Legend

100% Arcade: (x6) Aegis Wing, Castlevania: SOTN, Contra, Crystal Quest, Golden Axe, Sonic 2
Crimson Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 02:32 PM   #3
aussiestatic
Banned User

thanks buddy. yeah im going to try what you suggested.

one other question.

the levelling up abilities.. does it make any difference when I buy them? say for instance the speed and health ones, if i fail to buy them at the start will my max health and speed be lower?

thats my only concern that if i had purchased those earlier my health might be greater? or does it only help to speed up that process.
aussiestatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 07:45 PM   #4
Crimson Drifter

Crimson Drifter's Gamercard
Yeah it just speeds up how fast you max out rather than increasing the actual stat.

I bought mine for Honda as soon as they were available and I ended up maxing everything around level 42 or so

100% Retail: (x21) Assassin's Creed,Beowulf,
Blue Dragon, Cars, Enchanted Arms, Eragon, Fight Night Round 3, Gun, Jericho, King Kong,
Lost Planet, NBA 2K6, Oblivion, Phantasy Star Universe, Prey, Samurai Warriors 2, Shrek, Superman Returns, The Simpsons, TMNT,
Tomb Raider: Legend

100% Arcade: (x6) Aegis Wing, Castlevania: SOTN, Contra, Crystal Quest, Golden Axe, Sonic 2
Crimson Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 09:44 AM   #5
CaptainBob

CaptainBob23's Gamercard
Buying all the growth skills can help you get the rare skill Awakening a lot easier, which strengthens your musou attack. Honda with Awakening 3 is ridiculous. I would recommend using Honda or Kejii in survival mode. Max them out to level 50, max out their skills, and get their fourth weapon. Kejii's fourth weapon is relatively easy to get, but Honda's is a bitch. If you use Honda, simply abuse his first charge attack (simply pressing Y three times). It does have some start up time, so you can get hit when using it, but it is absolutely devastating against officers (and crowds for that matter). Honda also has the special skill that can charge up his musou bar (RB + X), so you can musou the crap out of officers as well. Shrine maiden or monk guards definitely help a lot as well. If you have the rare Plunder skill it can help you quickly locate barrels with health or musou in them.
CaptainBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:56 AM   #6
CNash

cnash85's Gamercard
If you're having trouble above level 50, remember that even though the game wipes your interim save when you go back into Survival Mode, you can get it back by loading your game from the Options menu. So you'll only have to do the five floors you've been stuck on, and not all the levels from 50.

Retail:
Bully: Scholarship Edition / Need for Speed: Rivals / Warriors Orochi 3 / Far Cry 3

Arcade:
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon / Scott Pilgrim (+DLC) / Outland / SVC: Streets of Rage
CNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 01:49 AM   #7
xxdeadpeacexx

Get all of the Skills first then do it!
Old 03-15-2008, 08:53 AM   #8
SamuraiLegend X

SamuraiLegend X's Gamercard
help

if you really need help i can tell you how unlock 4th weapons for your favorite warrior
SamuraiLegend X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:53 AM   #9
FroBoy11

FroBoy11's Gamercard
Here's what I did. I used Musashi Miyamoto. But first I powered him all the way up to level 50. Got his 4th weapon and bought a bunch of the skills from the shop. Basically, he's a killer. Then I went in there and picked the 30th or 40th floor. I can't remember because its been so long.

Anyway, you just go through the "search for a hero" floors and when you finally get to whoever you need to beat (Katsuie was easier to get), just use your musou. Level 2 or 3 if there's a group, but level 1 if it's just one person in front of you. After that you should be done.

Currently working on: The King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match, Super Street Fighter IV.

FroBoy11 is offline   Reply With Quote