PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > The Maximum Clubs and Leaderboards > Homepage Leaderboard FAQs & Discussion
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-08-2013, 07:17 PM   #1
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Staff - Front Page   Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald
Total Awards: 41 (more» ...)
Leaderboard FAQ

We use a series of automatic leaderboards that can be found by clicking here. The leaderboards are designed to help those members who regularly contribute to the forum to see how they compare with others who participate in the forum. The leaderboards are NOT designed to provide a comprehensive ranking of every member on Xbox Live or even every person who uses the site for guides. They are targeted at active forum members only at this time.

If you would like to be on the leaderboards, first make sure that you qualify from a forum participation perspective:
  • You must have at least 50 posts in the forums
  • You must have at least one post in the last 60 days
  • Your Xbox.com profile must be set to public
See the Spoiler tag below for instructions on how to set your XBL profile to "Public".

The next step is to ensure that you have your correct and current gamertag entered in the appropriate field in your profile. To do this, go to your User Control Panel and choose Edit Your Details which is the top choice on the left. The gamertag field is all the way at the bottom.

The leaderboards currently update approximately every 6 hours. That may change as the number of people on them change. If you fall off the leaderboard because you failed to post in the last 60 days, you will be automatically added back on the next time you post in the forums. Note that it can take two cycles (currently 12 hours) for you to re-appear on the leaderboards if this happens.

When you are on the leaderboard, you do not need to manually update the 100% completion tracker on your profile. We will do that automatically for you.

The Maximum Clubs are not automatic. You must manually sign up for these by going here.

The information displayed on the leaderboards changes depending upon if you look at the Global leaderboard or a Genre leaderboard.

Global leaderboard categories:
  • Score: The total gamerscore you have in all games across all platforms.
  • # Ach: The total number of achievements you have unlocked in all games across all platforms
  • Games: The number of games that show on your gamercard (this specifically excludes applications that display on your gamercard, such as IE, Netflix, Gamer Deals, etc.)
  • Completion: This is your completion percentage of the games you have played in this category. It is calculated by taking the value of # Ach and dividing it by the total number of achievements available in the games used to calculate the value of Games. Note that glitched and unachievable achievements (such as Dog of War in Tom Clancy's EndWar) are included in the calculation.

Genre leaderboard categories:
  • Score: The total gamerscore you have in games that are categorized in this genre
  • # Ach: The total number of achievements you have unlocked in games that are categorized in this genre
  • Games: The number of games that show on your gamercard that are categorized in this genre
  • Completion: This is your completion percentage of the games you have played in this category. It is calculated by taking the value of # Ach and dividing it by the total number of achievements available in the games used to calculate the value of Games. Note that glitched and unachievable achievements (such as Dog of War in Tom Clancy's EndWar) are included in the calculation.
  • Category %: This is your completion percentage of all games in this category, regardless of whether or not you have played them. It is calculated by taking the value of # Ach and dividing it by the total number of achievements available in the games in this category. The divisor is actually shown above the rankings in the Statistics summary.

Individual title Leaderboards can be accessed by going to the game overview screen and selecting Leaderboards from the menu. For instance, the Stormrise leaderboard can be found here. Ranking is sorted first by gamerscore, then by number of achievements, and then alphabetically by gamertag. This means the people who have completed any particular game will show up alphabetically rather than sorted by who completed it first. This is because the date you finished a game or earned a particular achievement is not provided by Microsoft in their official feed at this time. As such, it is a violation of the agreement sites such as ours have with Microsoft to try to obtain that information through unauthorized means.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please ask them below and I will address them.

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.

Last edited by troy0891; 09-18-2013 at 11:26 PM. Reason: added how to set xbl profile to public
Creech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:36 PM   #2
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Staff - Front Page   Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald
I took all of the questions asked up to this point and consolidated the answers into the FAQ above.

Old 06-20-2013, 02:56 PM   #3
jholbro5

D Reux87's Gamercard
I got my 50th post yesterday (about 12 hours ago), but my profile is still not updating my gamerscore, nor am I on the leaderboards. I've checked my Xbox Live Gamertag, and it is correct. I even removed it, saved, then re-entered it again just to make sure. Any suggestions/solutions?
jholbro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:20 PM   #4
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jholbro5 View Post
I got my 50th post yesterday (about 12 hours ago), but my profile is still not updating my gamerscore, nor am I on the leaderboards. I've checked my Xbox Live Gamertag, and it is correct. I even removed it, saved, then re-entered it again just to make sure. Any suggestions/solutions?
I checked and you are on it in position 2656...
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/l...rds/global/54/

Old 06-20-2013, 09:39 PM   #5
jholbro5

D Reux87's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
I checked and you are on it in position 2656...
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/l...rds/global/54/
Just got it all working, thanks for your help!

Last edited by jholbro5; 06-20-2013 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Correction
jholbro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:50 PM   #6
nonschoolboy

Domeski Talent's Gamercard
So these are the correct requirements for being displayed on the leaderboards? On the FAQ page, there are different requirements.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...rds#faq_signup
nonschoolboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:44 PM   #7
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonschoolboy View Post
So these are the correct requirements for being displayed on the leaderboards? On the FAQ page, there are different requirements.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...rds#faq_signup
Yep, that is WAY out of date. I will get it updated, thanks.

Old 07-10-2013, 12:33 AM   #8
Princesspea299

princesspea299's Gamercard
I used to show on the leaderboards but stopped because I had not posted in 60 days but I have since posted and it has been at least a week and I still don't see myself on the leader board. Any idea why? I did read on another post that deleting a zero gamerscore could cause problems which I have done. If this is the problem how do I fix it?
Princesspea299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:54 AM   #9
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princesspea299 View Post
I used to show on the leaderboards but stopped because I had not posted in 60 days but I have since posted and it has been at least a week and I still don't see myself on the leader board. Any idea why? I did read on another post that deleting a zero gamerscore could cause problems which I have done. If this is the problem how do I fix it?
Your Xbox profile does not appear to be set to public.

Old 07-10-2013, 06:16 PM   #10
Princesspea299

princesspea299's Gamercard
fixed it and I'm on the boards again ... Thanks for the help
Old 07-20-2013, 01:39 PM   #11
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterbob42 View Post
I Have 53 Posts But My GamerTag Is Not Showing
It won't show, because your Xbox Live profile is set to private. We respect that wish and don't show any private profiles. Doing otherwise would be rude, don't you think?

Old 07-27-2013, 03:35 PM   #12
Sir bAkAkbs

Sir bAkAkbs's Gamercard
50 posts o.0? my english is really baddd.. I'll try
Old 08-01-2013, 05:28 PM   #13
Darkrain

Katzengott's Gamercard
Changed my GT from "Darkrain333" in "Katzengott" for a while and now it seems, that i disapeared from the Leaderboards... Even edit my Profil with the new GT. What can i do?
Old 08-01-2013, 05:48 PM   #14
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrain View Post
Changed my GT from "Darkrain333" in "Katzengott" for a while and now it seems, that i disapeared from the Leaderboards... Even edit my Profil with the new GT. What can i do?
It should have updated. We are looking into it.

Old 08-03-2013, 08:06 AM   #15
blacksheeptrp8

blacksheeptrp8's Gamercard
how do check post in fourms and how know when your ready to be on leaderboards
blacksheeptrp8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 10:53 AM   #16
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksheeptrp8 View Post
how do check post in fourms and how know when your ready to be on leaderboards
Look underneath your name on your post above, and that will show you how many posts you have (currently 4). You can also click on your profile in the upper left corner and see that information on your statistics page.

Old 08-05-2013, 02:15 AM   #17
Emperor Hans

Emperor Hans's Gamercard
Add me to leaderboards also please

Emperor Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:12 AM   #18
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Hans View Post
Sigh. Did you read the part where it is automatic?

Old 08-17-2013, 02:19 AM   #19
forkettle

forkettle's Gamercard
I understand what's been laid out here...but what does one do when their post count doesn't update? I'd been inactive for a while, but then when I started posting again (maybe, last week?) it showed my posts at a 19 pretty much the whole time. I posted a few times earlier this week, and it's now at 20. Something seems off unless I'm missing something... O_o
Old 08-17-2013, 07:38 AM   #20
Steezy T N

Steezy T N's Gamercard
..can't wait to be on the leaderboards
Steezy T N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 07:54 AM   #21
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by forkettle View Post
I understand what's been laid out here...but what does one do when their post count doesn't update? I'd been inactive for a while, but then when I started posting again (maybe, last week?) it showed my posts at a 19 pretty much the whole time. I posted a few times earlier this week, and it's now at 20. Something seems off unless I'm missing something... O_o
The Off Topic forums don't add to your post count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 07:10 PM   #22
forkettle

forkettle's Gamercard
Ah...that explains it...though that kinda sucks and doesn't make much sense to me lol. Thank you, Veedrock.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:01 PM   #23
CheetyPants1327

Send a message via AIM to CheetyPants1327 Send a message via Yahoo to CheetyPants1327 Send a message via Skype™ to CheetyPants1327

Cheety Pants's Gamercard
Thanks for this, I hope I get into the Leaderboards Soon, just have a few more posts to go, I just don't want to spam any forum topics.
CheetyPants1327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 05:57 AM   #24
Naberios

Naberios's Gamercard
I thought I found a thread the other day that did some troubleshooting for my issue but I can't seem to find it again, so I'll ask here since it's semi-related.

I am finally showing up on the leaderboard (yay!), but this hasn't gotten the gamerscore on my gamercard here to properly update. Is this something that could take another 6 to 12 hours? I've deleted my GT, saved, and re-entered it in the User CP section and that didn't seem to have an effect.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

UPDATE: All is well now. Thank you and carry on!

Last edited by Naberios; 08-20-2013 at 06:29 AM.
Naberios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:40 AM   #25
Double O Slevin

Double O Slevin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I too seem to have disappeared from the leaderboards. My Gamertag hasn't changed, but my x360a username was changed from "x THE TORNADO x" to "Double O Slevin" a few months ago. Could that be the reason?

GT: Double O Slevin

Double O Slevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:57 AM   #26
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double O Slevin View Post
I too seem to have disappeared from the leaderboards. My Gamertag hasn't changed, but my x360a username was changed from "x THE TORNADO x" to "Double O Slevin" a few months ago. Could that be the reason?

GT: Double O Slevin
No, it is because you had gone 60 days without posting in the forums.

Old 09-09-2013, 01:22 PM   #27
angelusanya78

angelusanya78's Gamercard
OK.. been posting on some things today. However my number of posts is not going up... is there a reason for this like too many posts per hour? lol
angelusanya78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:34 PM   #28
bplayak
Maximum Club's King & Super Mod

bplayak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Staff - Super Moderator   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - troy0891   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Donator - Level 5   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - bplayak   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelusanya78 View Post
OK.. been posting on some things today. However my number of posts is not going up... is there a reason for this like too many posts per hour? lol
Posting in the off topic forums does not count towards your post count.

Creech's workhorse!
Feel free to Follow me on Xbox One!
Follow me on Twitter!
bplayak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:18 PM   #29
IEO500

IEO500's Gamercard
Smile Woah... 50.

Wow, 50. I have a long way ahead.
IEO500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:13 PM   #30
angelusanya78

angelusanya78's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplayak View Post
Posting in the off topic forums does not count towards your post count.
That kind of suck tbh lol
angelusanya78 is offline   Reply With Quote