PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Racing > Doritos Crash Course 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-10-2013, 06:12 AM   #31
MoldyClay87

Send a message via AIM to MoldyClay87

MoldyClay87's Gamercard
So it seems the Famestar costumes were updated. There are now more of them, and the originals were bumped up.

The first one is now an alien costume.

Also, I didn't know you could just unlock all the basic costumes? Unless that's a glitch. I don't own -any- of the other Avatar Famestar games, but I was able to wear all of the first ones for each game and got a bonus for wearing 3 outfits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annalie View Post
Good to know people. so about these power ups, are they a one time use thing or what?
Depends. Most, yes, but you sometimes get like 5 of them at a time or something.

The "effects" are permanent, but don't actually do anything.

100% Retail: 21/78 ; 100% Arcade: 46/87
Most Recent: Clive Barker's Jericho ; Contrast

Last edited by MoldyClay87; 05-10-2013 at 06:19 AM.
MoldyClay87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:32 AM   #32
DMV

xHTCx Enforcer's Gamercard
I finally completed the game. For the Star Power achievement, when I got it, I was host of a private lobby. Nobody else in the lobby got it, until they became host, and got the achievement upon the conclusion of the tournament.

And, I believe your description needs a little bit of correction. Every full tournament I have been in online has consisted of 7 courses, 5 from regular gameplay, and 2, I guess, secret levels.

Job's Never Done, There's Always A Game That I Need/Want To Try Out, And Achievements That Need To Be.... Achieved
DMV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:07 PM   #33
IDarK VorteXX

IDarK VorteXX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Impossible Trinity - Gold   XBA Master Chief Collection Club - Tier 3   XBA Master Chief Collection Club - Tier 1   XBA Promoter   Community Gaming - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Road Less Traveled 10
Unlocked split path for all courses marked with the trophy icon.

Upon purchasing the level you will be able to buy an alternate path for 4 stars or 1 coin. This can be done through the level select area or the after game menu recommendation. Each level has an alternate course so you will need 80 stars or 20 coins to purchase all 20 alternate paths.
The stars needed to unlock the split paths increase in each stage. So in Amazon Jungle it will be 4 then 5 then 6 then 8. Your calculations are incorrect. Just thought i should let you know.

Quote:
Star Power 15
In a tournament, grab the most stars.

When playing Multiplayer there will still be the 16 stars throughout the level. This can be done easily with a friend in a private match or normally online. In private matches it will unlock if you got the most stars at the end of the 5th course.
You dont have to get all the stars on the course. You can still place 1st and you automatically get the stars for the medal. Eg if you got a gold medal you get around 15-20 stars. This way is much quicker. I did it in online quickmatch and it works. Im not sure if it will work in private match.

*Thanks to Audacious for the great signature*

I wear a mask. And that mask, is not to hide who I am, but to create what I am. I'm BATMAN!!!!!!!!

Don’t believe everything you read on the Internet just because there’s a picture with a quote next to it.” – Abraham Lincoln
IDarK VorteXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:02 PM   #34
StayonTarget
Obligatory Countdown

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Diamond   Staff Club - troy0891   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Issues noted and corrections will be made soon.

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:50 PM   #35
DMV

xHTCx Enforcer's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDarK VorteXX View Post
You dont have to get all the stars on the course. You can still place 1st and you automatically get the stars for the medal. Eg if you got a gold medal you get around 15-20 stars. This way is much quicker. I did it in online quickmatch and it works. Im not sure if it will work in private match.
It works in private match, but it only worked on the host, so when I got it, I was host. Me and another individual found that out upon completion.

Job's Never Done, There's Always A Game That I Need/Want To Try Out, And Achievements That Need To Be.... Achieved
DMV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:45 PM   #36
Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Diamond   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   Community Gaming - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Emerald   10,000 posts   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
First, you'll need to unlock and equip a FameStar costume. To unlock a costume, you will need to gain a total of 500 FameStar Points by completing FameStar Challenges. All these things can be seen by selecting "Avatar FameStar" from the main menu.

Once you have a CC2 Costume equipped, you'll need to go the the shop, and purchase and/or equip some jinxes. To do this, you'll want to go to the "Jinxes" tab, then purchase some and equip it with Y, and you'll see a small icon under your character.

Now, you'll need to go into an online game with other people. Wait until the match begins, and once the race starts, just wait for a second or two after the other players start racing and press B. Pressing B will jinx a player in front of you, and you will unlock the achievement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
For the optional quest achievements, can you unlock it by completing the second tier of the quests that unlock upon completing the first three?
You can just re-do the 3 objectives from the same course over and over. They repeat, and it all counts.

Last edited by Maka; 05-10-2013 at 04:48 PM.
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:03 PM   #37
bigbear.
Crafting Jewels

bigbear XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   XBA Representer   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
For "Universal": Do you have to finish a course for it to count any stars you get or can you just a course, pick up a missed star then quit out?

And So Begins the Era of Francis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barad View Post
Ohh hohohooo I made a poopoo.
bigbear. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:31 PM   #38
Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Diamond   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   Community Gaming - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Emerald   10,000 posts   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear2face View Post
For "Universal": Do you have to finish a course for it to count any stars you get or can you just a course, pick up a missed star then quit out?
Finish the course.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:31 PM   #39
Remadee

remadee's Gamercard
I jinxed 10 people in a couple of different costumes, but didn't get the achievement. Does it have to be a specific costume? :/

Last edited by Remadee; 05-10-2013 at 06:51 PM.
Remadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:24 PM   #40
StayonTarget
Obligatory Countdown

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Diamond   Staff Club - troy0891   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum
Currently on my phone. I'll add info when I get home in a couple hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remadee View Post
I jinxed 10 people in a couple of different costumes, but didn't get the achievement. Does it have to be a specific costume? :/
Yes. Maka had a good explanation above.

Old 05-10-2013, 10:16 PM   #41
UnarmedReaper07

UnarmedReaper07's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Awesome Tip:

Get the "Avatar Famestar" mega star costume and wear it. Every time you finish a round on multiplayer Xbox Live you get a prize. (Even if you lose) The prize can be: rewind(s), a jinx, or power-up(s). This will save people stars. Sadly you cant unlock "Avatar Effects" this way.
UnarmedReaper07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:26 AM   #42
animusVOXone

Chester Cheevo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I seriously hate this game. The first was was so much better! I only need 2 more stars and I'll be done with this POS! The only problem is the last two stars I need are near impossible to reach on Pirates 1 and 4. I swear they made the stars so difficult to reach just so we'd have to play this game longer than necessary!

Follow me: Twitter, Twitch and YouTube!
animusVOXone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:26 AM   #43
Kung Fu Man

Kung Fu Man 316's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoldyClay87 View Post
Also, speaking of which, how do you access the two bonus stages in each world? Like, you can play them online apparently? But nothing counts...? And they are unbuyable and I can't read the tiny text in the explosion next to them. I don't understand.
It says "Coming Soon", so I'm going to presume they're planning on cranking out some DLC for this bugger.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:56 AM   #44
Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by animusVOXone View Post
I seriously hate this game. The first was was so much better! I only need 2 more stars and I'll be done with this POS! The only problem is the last two stars I need are near impossible to reach on Pirates 1 and 4. I swear they made the stars so difficult to reach just so we'd have to play this game longer than necessary!
I didn't struggle with them.

Maybe if you posted exactly which stars you're having trouble with, people could help you. You might be trying to get them the wrong way.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:05 AM   #45
animusVOXone

The star I am having trouble with is at the 0:56 mark of this video. And btw, nobody cares that you didnt struggle with them and you can lose the attitude! If you are so great, why don't you make a video for us "lesser" people that suck!

Old 05-11-2013, 02:12 AM   #46
chaoschao222

chaoschao222's Gamercard
That star should be obtainable by going to grab the star below the previous checkpoint. It should have a platform that launches you to a point where you can grab that star above the spinning log-thingies.
chaoschao222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:13 AM   #47
harvy hardcore

toofacekiller77's Gamercard
Looks good man now if I can only get past title screen
harvy hardcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:14 AM   #48
Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Quote:
The star I am having trouble with is at the 0:56 mark of this video. And btw, nobody cares that you didnt struggle with them and you can lose the attitude! If you are so great, why don't you make a video for us "lesser" people that suck!
For that star, what you want to do is go on the platform past it. Now, you'll want to wait for the rotating logs to rotate in such a way that the higher one is closer to you. As it high and close to you, take a running start, and jump to it, and then slide jump off of the log to get the star.

It's a little awkward because you are getting it from the back side.

I don't have an attitude, I just don't like when people call a game shit because it's too hard for them. That's not a proper critique. I considered making a star guide, but I'm a little busy at the moment, and don't know if I feel like it. Maybe tomorrow.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:14 AM   #49
harvy hardcore

toofacekiller77's Gamercard
Quote:
LOL funny sh@t
harvy hardcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:18 AM   #50
animusVOXone

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoschao222 View Post
That star should be obtainable by going to grab the star below the previous checkpoint. It should have a platform that launches you to a point where you can grab that star above the spinning log-thingies.
Wow, thank you so much! I cannot believe I never realized that was how to get up there! I've been trying to run, slide and jump up there!

Last edited by animusVOXone; 05-11-2013 at 02:23 AM.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:21 AM   #51
chaoschao222

chaoschao222's Gamercard
No problem.
chaoschao222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:22 AM   #52
animusVOXone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
...I don't have an attitude, I just don't like when people call a game shit because it's too hard for them. That's not a proper critique. I considered making a star guide, but I'm a little busy at the moment, and don't know if I feel like it. Maybe tomorrow.
I've explained why I called it a POS and I stand by my critique! Just glad this game was free!

Last edited by animusVOXone; 05-11-2013 at 07:13 PM.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:26 AM   #53
Riphade 1

Riphade's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
So is "Mission Impossible" LITERALLY impossible? By my count, you can only get 60 bonus objectives done o.O

Riphade 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:30 AM   #54
StayonTarget
Obligatory Countdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riphade 1 View Post
So is "Mission Impossible" LITERALLY impossible? By my count, you can only get 60 bonus objectives done o.O
Once you complete the 3 challenges of a level you can do them over again. Information will be added soon. I suggest just replaying Amazon Level 3.

Old 05-11-2013, 03:35 AM   #55
Riphade 1

Riphade's Gamercard

Quote:
Once you complete the 3 challenges of a level you can do them over again. Information will be added soon. I suggest just replaying Amazon Level 3.
Oh wow. Really? Awesome. Thanks man. I was gonna say that this really blows if we're forced to get DLC to finish the main 400.

Old 05-11-2013, 03:38 AM   #56
StayonTarget
Obligatory Countdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riphade 1 View Post
Oh wow. Really? Awesome. Thanks man. I was gonna say that this really blows if we're forced to get DLC to finish the main 400.
So I'd play through the game first and get however many optional challenges you can done while going for all of the stars then just grinding the remaining ones on Amazon 3.

Old 05-11-2013, 03:42 AM   #57
Riphade 1

Riphade's Gamercard

Quote:
So I'd play through the game first and get however many optional challenges you can done while going for all of the stars then just grinding the remaining ones on Amazon 3.
Yeah, I've gotten most of the game done. Just the tournament and bonus missions left. I'm just repeatedly playing amazon 3 until my 50 achievement pops.

Edit: Annnnd it just popped. Totally works like a charm.

Also, can you NOT do the tourney achievement in private? I hosted a tourney with my friend and not only did it play the locked 2 stages, it went to Antarctica after that, and no one got the achievement.

Last edited by Riphade 1; 05-11-2013 at 04:32 AM.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:51 AM   #58
Remadee

remadee's Gamercard
Quote:
Currently on my phone. I'll add info when I get home in a couple hours.

Yes. Maka had a good explanation above.

I've jinxed more than 10 people online using different outfits, including the one in the video guide. Guess it's glitched for me.

Remadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:40 PM   #59
StayonTarget
Obligatory Countdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remadee View Post
I've jinxed more than 10 people online using different outfits, including the one in the video guide. Guess it's glitched for me.
Try standing at the starting line for a couple seconds before racing. The person has to be in front of you.

Old 05-11-2013, 07:13 PM   #60
Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

For "Silver Star Medal" you also need to get all 16 track stars for all 20 courses.

Guide here:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=471916