PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Racing > Doritos Crash Course 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-11-2013, 07:32 PM   #61
Kairi
Guide and Award Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   CABS Beta Tester   Green Thumb - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
For "Silver Star Medal" you also need to get all 16 track stars for all 20 courses.

Guide here:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=471916
I just realized this right now; I just got all medals silver or higher and was wondering why the achievement did not unlock. Then I looked closer at the guide description...and now I feel like an idiot. XD

Maka, can we link to your star guide in the achievement guide?

Take everything away from me, silent angel.
Kairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:48 PM   #62
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairi View Post
I just realized this right now; I just got all medals silver or higher and was wondering why the achievement did not unlock. Then I looked closer at the guide description...and now I feel like an idiot. XD

Maka, can we link to your star guide in the achievement guide?
That's why I posted it here

Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:07 PM   #63
Riphade 1

Riphade's Gamercard
Can anyone confirm if you can do the Tournament achievement in private matches? I played a private 1v1 with a friend and neither of us got the achievement.

Riphade 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:17 PM   #64
Kairi
Guide and Award Staff

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   CABS Beta Tester   Green Thumb - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze
Quote:
That's why I posted it here
Oh, okay! XD Thank you, Maka! =)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riphade 1 View Post
Can anyone confirm if you can do the Tournament achievement in private matches? I played a private 1v1 with a friend and neither of us got the achievement.
I think I got my achievement in a private match. Make sure that you play all 5 levels in the tournament, and the person with the most stars at the end should get the achievement.

Old 05-11-2013, 08:21 PM   #65
Riphade 1

Riphade's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairi View Post

I think I got my achievement in a private match. Make sure that you play all 5 levels in the tournament, and the person with the most stars at the end should get the achievement.
The weird thing is I played Jungle with him and it not only played levels 6 and 7, but it also started up Antarctica right afterwards. Also, it said 4/5 when we got to stage 7.

Old 05-11-2013, 08:37 PM   #66
Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
The weird thing is I played Jungle with him and it not only played levels 6 and 7, but it also started up Antarctica right afterwards. Also, it said 4/5 when we got to stage 7.
Yeah, the online tournaments don't make sense, like at all. Basically the same thing happened to me. Just keep playing until you get put back in the multiplayer main menu.

Old 05-11-2013, 08:41 PM   #67
StayonTarget
The Sum of All Zeroes

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
You don't always play levels 6 and 7 which is kinda weird.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Like Barad. That damn spammer.
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:45 PM   #68
Riphade 1

Riphade's Gamercard
Quote:
Yeah, the online tournaments don't make sense, like at all. Basically the same thing happened to me. Just keep playing until you get put back in the multiplayer main menu.
Oh OK. Yeah, we quit out cause we played around 8 stages yet it still only said 4/5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
You don't always play levels 6 and 7 which is kinda weird.
I don't understand why you play those maps when they're "locked".

Old 05-11-2013, 09:12 PM   #69
Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Quote:
I don't understand why you play those maps when they're "locked".
I think it's because they were originally meant to be in the game, but at the last minute they were asked to lock them up so that they could be offered as DLC in the future.

They probably didn't make all the necessary changes.

Old 05-11-2013, 09:56 PM   #70
Riphade 1

Riphade's Gamercard
Quote:
I think it's because they were originally meant to be in the game, but at the last minute they were asked to lock them up so that they could be offered as DLC in the future.

They probably didn't make all the necessary changes.
Seeing the day one clusterfuck they had, explains a lot.

Old 05-12-2013, 02:32 AM   #71
DarkSeraphim198

DIG5Y5Dinner's Gamercard
Nice guide, well done

Completed Retail (100%): 68
Completed Arcade (100%): 25

Most Recent 100% (Retail): Fifa 14

Gamertag Updated from DarkSeraphim198 (21st Jan. 2011)
DarkSeraphim198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:22 AM   #72
SteaL K1LL

Send a message via Skype™ to SteaL K1LL

SteaL K1LL's Gamercard
Nice guide, though I got the achievement "shiver me timbers" not unlocking after unlocking all pirate levels, I bought the last one I needed and the game server dropped and now it says purchased but no achievement, anyone knows how to fix it?

SteaL K1LL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:34 AM   #73
Riphade 1

Riphade's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteaL K1LL View Post
Nice guide, though I got the achievement "shiver me timbers" not unlocking after unlocking all pirate levels, I bought the last one I needed and the game server dropped and now it says purchased but no achievement, anyone knows how to fix it?
Try redownloading your account? I mean, there's no gamesave for this. Its all attached to your GT.

Old 05-12-2013, 03:14 PM   #74
SteaL K1LL

Send a message via Skype™ to SteaL K1LL

SteaL K1LL's Gamercard
Quote:
Try redownloading your account? I mean, there's no gamesave for this. Its all attached to your GT.
Thanks for the help. I did recover now but nothing changed, I got all courses unlocked and no achievement.

SteaL K1LL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 03:55 PM   #75
Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Hey, let me know if you want the coded text I used in my guide. You can have the track list names clickable without the user having to open the thread, and it only takes up like 20 lines.

It's also easily the hardest achievement in the game.

Old 05-12-2013, 04:43 PM   #76
StayonTarget
The Sum of All Zeroes

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Just did that now. Thanks Maka.
Quote:
Old 05-12-2013, 04:58 PM   #77
Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
Just did that now. Thanks Maka.
Alright, the last three are uploading now, should be complete in under 30 minutes. Did you do the hyperlinking yourself or get a mod to copy/paste it? I could've given you it, to save time.

Old 05-12-2013, 05:24 PM   #78
StayonTarget
The Sum of All Zeroes

Quote:
Alright, the last three are uploading now, should be complete in under 30 minutes. Did you do the hyperlinking yourself or get a mod to copy/paste it? I could've given you it, to save time.
I can quote what you wrote for one and use that. I just copied the link from each one and pasted it into the url bb. We also had the times on our list and I didn't feel like rewriting them.
Quote:
Old 05-13-2013, 09:13 PM   #79
CoregBlue1

Send a message via MSN to CoregBlue1

Blue x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   x360a Representer   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
yes i can confirm it and the same happened to us to at first.

thing is donīt mash A after the race is over in the result screen, it will glitch the counter and it will stay at 1/5 tracks completed, just wait a few seconds.

Thanks to Gackt for this amazing sig!
My MAL

BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma in Early 2014!
CoregBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:20 AM   #80
BitterMelonFarm

BitterMelonFarm's Gamercard
Tournament achievement

Thanks to everybody who put together this guide. Maka's YouTube videos have been a lifesaver. I have 26 of the 28 achievements. I still have about four track stars to collect and I am having trouble with the Star Power achievement. I won an online tournament, but I didn't get the achievement. Any tips?
BitterMelonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:36 PM   #81
Annalie

Send a message via MSN to Annalie Send a message via Yahoo to Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - AOS Puck   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
How do you use power ups?. i need to get this one impossible star and it's pissing me the fuck off.

Amazon jungle 1. i'm sure you know what i'm talking about. i just need to know how to use powerups since i havent this whole time.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:00 PM   #82
Kairi
Guide and Award Staff

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitterMelonFarm View Post
Thanks to everybody who put together this guide. Maka's YouTube videos have been a lifesaver. I have 26 of the 28 achievements. I still have about four track stars to collect and I am having trouble with the Star Power achievement. I won an online tournament, but I didn't get the achievement. Any tips?
The achievement is not for winning the online tournament; it is for getting the most stars. Try playing in another tournament and just focus on collecting as many stars as you can. =)

Old 05-15-2013, 12:49 AM   #83
StayonTarget
The Sum of All Zeroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annalie View Post
How do you use power ups?. i need to get this one impossible star and it's pissing me the fuck off.

Amazon jungle 1. i'm sure you know what i'm talking about. i just need to know how to use powerups since i havent this whole time.
I don't know anybody who knows. I know how you can equip them I don't think there's a way to specifically activate them.
Quote:
Old 05-15-2013, 12:53 AM   #84
Annalie

Send a message via MSN to Annalie Send a message via Yahoo to Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - AOS Puck   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Seriously? wow.... why did i download this game?. Christ.. now how am i supposed to get the star? jumping clearly wont work.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:27 AM   #85
StayonTarget
The Sum of All Zeroes

Quote:
Seriously? wow.... why did i download this game?. Christ.. now how am i supposed to get the star? jumping clearly wont work.
You hold the right trigger then press down on the right thumbstick to get a bigger slide jump. You can chain them together to get the really difficult stars.
Quote:
Old 05-17-2013, 02:05 PM   #86
damienmocata

Mr Mocata's Gamercard
Likewise, I've also got all the pirate courses unlocked and no achievement.

I bought them all as a package (i.e. 200 stars in the shop) rather than individually (their cost on the level select screen), in case anyone else has the same problem. Might be worth a note to buy each course on its own if anyone else can confirm this as a bug?
Old 05-18-2013, 01:15 AM   #87
mas131292

mas131292's Gamercard
Quote:

I think once you equip it, then its activated for the whole level. When I used the slide faster power-up, every time I slid there was a glow as I slid.

As for the star your stuck on, if your still stuck on it then: after you slide jump on to the platform, quickly slide jump again. This will allow to go higher when jump and you should easily get on the blue platform. I was stuck on it for ages, but I've done this everytime since without fail, you just have to time the slide jumps right.
mas131292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 02:19 PM   #88
Don Jose

Don Jose's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by damienmocata View Post
Likewise, I've also got all the pirate courses unlocked and no achievement.

I bought them all as a package (i.e. 200 stars in the shop) rather than individually (their cost on the level select screen), in case anyone else has the same problem. Might be worth a note to buy each course on its own if anyone else can confirm this as a bug?
I bought the Egypt levels and the Pirate levels as bulk purchases in the in-game shop and both achievements popped for me.
Old 05-18-2013, 05:20 PM   #89
DROGTURIST

DROGTURIST's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Jose View Post
I bought the Egypt levels and the Pirate levels as bulk purchases in the in-game shop and both achievements popped for me.
It's not about how you buy the levels, it's about wether or not you stay connected to the server when you complete the purchase or not. If you get a "lost connection" message, you're screwed out of the achievement.
DROGTURIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:02 PM   #90
StayonTarget
The Sum of All Zeroes

Running through the game to just get coins won't actually take too long. If you delete your save or the game (and redownload) it should start you over and you'll be able to unlock the achievement.
Quote: