PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Racing > Doritos Crash Course 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-09-2013, 03:02 AM   #1
Captain Simian

Captain Simian's Gamercard
Missing stars

Yeah, so I played the first level and after I completed it, it crashed and I couldn't get back into the game. Couple hours later I try again and it started up without issues. Now I have 15/16 stars on the first level but the lift time stars obtained lists I only have 8 stars. Is there a way to erase and start over?
Captain Simian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:06 AM   #2
DarkZ0m

Fu2 Darkz0m's Gamercard
This happened to me also, but I just unlocked the next level with MSP..

100%: 52
Latest: Portal 2
Most Anticipated Game: Dying Light

Updated: March/20/2014
DarkZ0m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:21 AM   #3
deluxnugs

deluxnugs's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkZ0m View Post
This happened to me also, but I just unlocked the next level with MSP..
this is the exact reason we are bombarded with these microtransactions in games. although you may never have used one before or again the precident has been set.
Sheep:1. A group of people who lack the capacity for careful consideration, imagination, or individual thought, who thusly go with the group and allow terrible trends and events to unfold and make us all miserable.
do not send me friend requests on xbox live.
deluxnugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:26 AM   #4
firehazardcs

firehazardcs's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by deluxnugs View Post
this is the exact reason we are bombarded with these microtransactions in games. although you may never have used one before or again the precident has been set.
You can unlock levels in the game with stars that you can earn from completing levels and bonus objectives. And I'm not sure, but it may be possible to earn stars by competing against other people.

And if you really want to, you can buy stars with MSP.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:44 AM   #5
Riphade 1

Riphade's Gamercard
did anyone find out how to get the one star halfway through the map that's across from above ground speed boost?

Riphade 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:04 AM   #6
deluxnugs

deluxnugs's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by firehazardcs View Post
You can unlock levels in the game with stars that you can earn from completing levels and bonus objectives. And I'm not sure, but it may be possible to earn stars by competing against other people.

And if you really want to, you can buy stars with MSP.
yeah i figured as much and why i tried to leave my comment without being insulting to the other members. its just theyve got their claws in us now.
Sheep:1. A group of people who lack the capacity for careful consideration, imagination, or individual thought, who thusly go with the group and allow terrible trends and events to unfold and make us all miserable.
do not send me friend requests on xbox live.

Last edited by deluxnugs; 05-09-2013 at 04:06 AM. Reason: because was awesome
deluxnugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:04 AM   #7
StayonTarget
The Sum of All Zeroes

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riphade 1 View Post
did anyone find out how to get the one star halfway through the map that's across from above ground speed boost?
You might have to use the Speed Boost power up you unlock upon completing the third or fourth level.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Like Barad. That damn spammer.
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:26 AM   #8
Riphade 1

Riphade's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
You might have to use the Speed Boost power up you unlock upon completing the third or fourth level.
Oh yeah? But how the hell do I unlock the second stage? I only have 11 stars but in stageihave 15/16. This game is so confusing.

Old 05-09-2013, 05:34 AM   #9
Captain Simian

Captain Simian's Gamercard
I played through the level again and received a bunch of stars for getting gold. It may have even given me the missing stars, I'm not sure.
Captain Simian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:43 AM   #10
StayonTarget
The Sum of All Zeroes

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Oh yeah? But how the hell do I unlock the second stage? I only have 11 stars but in stageihave 15/16. This game is so confusing.
By completing 2 or 3 of the optional objectives? I'm not sure what you mean. I played each level until I got at least 20 stars out of it before I moved on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Like Barad. That damn spammer.
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:30 AM   #11
Riphade 1

Riphade's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
By completing 2 or 3 of the optional objectives? I'm not sure what you mean. I played each level until I got at least 20 stars out of it before I moved on.
Well, I collected 15/16 in stage stars, got gold, and haven't done the "finish while silver is in your screen" objective. But since I found 15 stars, the game doesn't let me purchase the next level. Its weird.

Old 05-10-2013, 03:47 PM   #12
pyoobez

Moustachio's Gamercard
Odd. But then again on the first Egypt level, I got second place in single player and it awarded me all the stars for a gold run. I wasn't even reasonably close, the time screen afterwards showed me in second by 2 or 3 seconds.
pyoobez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:35 PM   #13
bob101910

bob101910 rfp's Gamercard
Quote:
Sounds like you unlocked the side path in the 1st stage. Those cost 4 stars for the 1st set of levels. You can just repeat the bonus objectives until you get enough stars for the next level or play online.
Most Recent: Guacamelee (X1)
bob101910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:01 PM   #14
DanielH

CraziestDemonic's Gamercard
sorry, if i am on the wrong post, when i ask this:

i have been trying to get the objective bonus, but i can't because i get confused on what it is say.
i get the rest of the objective bonus to where i get stars, but i am missing stars due to
keep the Silver in my screen entrie level, what.
don't let gold beat you to a checkpoint, what.
someone make a objective bonus video so i can get the missing bonus stars. thank you
DanielH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 03:47 PM   #15
DanielH

CraziestDemonic's Gamercard
cancell post above:
i have found away to gain stars and the bonus achievements:
Antarctic-Course 1 over and over,
until bonus achievements pop and star increase on your star count. that is how i got the achievements.
DanielH is offline   Reply With Quote