PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2013, 04:08 PM   #1
Kite87
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 318

Kite87's Gamercard
GTA 5 gameplay discussion video

Just a video I come across, 3 people talking about a game-play demo Rockstar showed them.

__________________

Last edited by Kite87; 05-12-2013 at 04:15 PM.
Kite87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:19 AM   #2
Rivercurse
 
Rivercurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: London
Posts: 2,577
Send a message via Skype™ to Rivercurse

Rivercurse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I learned some stuff. Cool video.
__________________
Rivercurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:30 AM   #3
Barad
 
Barad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Posts: 23,261
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
The heists, and switching between the characters is what I'm curious about the most!
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:48 PM   #4
Kite87
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 318

Kite87's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
The heists, and switching between the characters is what I'm curious about the most!
Only thing I'm worried about with 3 characters is the ''special powers'' seems a bit gimmicky and out of place since Rockstar is so focused on immersion.

Rockstar have never delivered a bad game in my books hell even table tennis was fun, so I'm sure this will be good.
__________________
Kite87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:06 PM   #5
Barad
 
Barad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Posts: 23,261
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kite87 View Post
Only thing I'm worried about with 3 characters is the ''special powers'' seems a bit gimmicky and out of place since Rockstar is so focused on immersion.

Rockstar have never delivered a bad game in my books hell even table tennis was fun, so I'm sure this will be good.
I wouldn't worry too much about the special powers, they might be similar to those of GTA IV where your friends had individual abilities like gun hire, car hire, chopper hire etc.
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:57 PM   #6
ModernSith2010
 
ModernSith2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 688

demontweak08's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
I wouldn't worry too much about the special powers, they might be similar to those of GTA IV where your friends had individual abilities like gun hire, car hire, chopper hire etc.
Nope, did you not see the article on this site?

"Let’s start with those special abilities. Each of the main protagonists has a unique skill, which they are capable of using only when they have filled a special meter. So for example, Michael, the rich but dissatisfied ex-bank robber, is capable of slowing down time during gunfights, in a similar manner to John Marston in Red Dead Redemption.

Meanwhile, Franklin, the gangsta’ repo man, can pull off a similar trick while driving, allowing players to swerve out of the way of oncoming traffic. And last up, Trevor, the follically-challenged hillbilly nut job, is a bit of a tank, capable of dishing out twice the damage, receiving half as much as the other characters while in a kind of berserker rage."

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...d-to-Know.html
__________________
  • Retail 100%:7
  • Arcade 100%:2
ModernSith2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:46 PM   #7
Barad
 
Barad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Posts: 23,261
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernSith2010 View Post
Nope, did you not see the article on this site?

"Let’s start with those special abilities. Each of the main protagonists has a unique skill, which they are capable of using only when they have filled a special meter. So for example, Michael, the rich but dissatisfied ex-bank robber, is capable of slowing down time during gunfights, in a similar manner to John Marston in Red Dead Redemption.

Meanwhile, Franklin, the gangsta’ repo man, can pull off a similar trick while driving, allowing players to swerve out of the way of oncoming traffic. And last up, Trevor, the follically-challenged hillbilly nut job, is a bit of a tank, capable of dishing out twice the damage, receiving half as much as the other characters while in a kind of berserker rage."

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...d-to-Know.html
Jesus not sure how I missed this, in which case I can see why this would kind of feel out of place in GTA.
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:12 PM   #8
DeathMaster5459
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Struthers, OH
Posts: 5

A Freakin Nord's Gamercard
But the three trailers are fucking amazing in my opinion!
DeathMaster5459 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:03 AM   #9
InsaneKane87
 
InsaneKane87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: United States
Posts: 1,400

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I agree that the special abilities feel out of place for a GTA game, but I don't think we will be forced to use them. Nothing too terrible, but it's great they are there to use. Kinda makes each character unique in their own way.

So for example, Michael, the rich but dissatisfied ex-bank robber, is capable of slowing down time during gunfights, in a similar manner to John Marston in Red Dead Redemption.

What's funny is I've read the same thing on other sites, except a lot of other sites compared it to Max Payne, not RDR. lol
__________________
^Sig made by Rajeanero

Last edited by InsaneKane87; 05-14-2013 at 12:07 AM.
InsaneKane87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:33 PM   #10
Rivercurse
 
Rivercurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: London
Posts: 2,577
Send a message via Skype™ to Rivercurse

Rivercurse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathMaster5459 View Post
the three trailers are fucking amazing in my opinion!
I'd really like the bolded exclamation mark explained.

There are much bigger global issues right now, I know, but i'm so intrigued. It can't have been done as an error. What does it mean?
__________________
Rivercurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:56 PM   #11
Kite87
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 318

Kite87's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercurse View Post
I'd really like the bolded exclamation mark explained.

There are much bigger global issues right now, I know, but i'm so intrigued. It can't have been done as an error. What does it mean?
It means open for but sex.
__________________
Kite87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:05 PM   #12
JORDAN K 95
 
JORDAN K 95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Chester, England, U.K
Posts: 4,001
Send a message via Skype™ to JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
thanks for the vid!

i knew all of the info anyway, but its nice to hear people talk about it instead of reading it!

very excited for this game,
__________________

Thanks for the sig Gackt



BF4 RANK:
JORDAN K 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:33 PM   #13
ronnie42
 
ronnie42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: England
Posts: 303

ronnie42's Gamercard
I'm mainly hoping GTA 5 get's the physic's right since GTA 4 had the worst physic's in the series. Plus glad to see old features are returning.
__________________
ronnie42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:40 AM   #14
KFZ Scrubs
 
KFZ Scrubs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Rapture
Posts: 11,321

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Well, this is kind of breaking away from conventional GTA. Multiple characters with special abilities?
I wonder if it'll work.
__________________
Brutal Boxing KO's of 2013:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcVYO_1DPE8
Down with Haganai


KFZ Scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 12:26 AM.