PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: How excited are you for GTA V?
1 - Don't give crap 6 7.89%
2 0 0%
3 0 0%
4 1 1.32%
5 2 2.63%
6 1 1.32%
7 7 9.21%
8 6 7.89%
9 10 13.16%
10 - Beyond imaginable 43 56.58%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-12-2013, 09:57 AM   #31
UberPirateNinja

UberPirateNinja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
As much as I'm looking forward to GTA5, I'm purposely ignoring as much media as I can for it. I've not watched any of the trailers after the original announcement trailer, and generally just skim over any articles that pop up on the news feed here. I want to go into it as fresh as possible.
UberPirateNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:30 AM   #32
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
It's such a real shame 3 out of my 4 friends who I played GTA IV with don't even game anymore It's just gonna be a duo of my friend and I fucking around in V.
Hey, I'll be turning your duo into a team of 3 if you don't mind! Most of the people that I used to play IV with were consequently all from Australia and now NONE of them game anymore. Depressing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberPirateNinja View Post
As much as I'm looking forward to GTA5, I'm purposely ignoring as much media as I can for it. I've not watched any of the trailers after the original announcement trailer, and generally just skim over any articles that pop up on the news feed here. I want to go into it as fresh as possible.
I can understand that, but when you first play the game after only reading details, you're gonna have the biggest pleasant surprise of your life!

---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 04:52 PM   #33
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
Hey, I'll be turning your duo into a team of 3 if you don't mind! Most of the people that I used to play IV with were consequently all from Australia and now NONE of them game anymore. Depressing..
That's ideal! Los Santos won't be able to handle our madness!

And what's with people, right?! How does one just "stop" gaming

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly sauve signature!
BiggD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:27 PM   #34
ModernSith2010

demontweak08's Gamercard
Quote:

Maybe he went PC gaming? Anyway I've been think, Free Roam in GTA4 was a good idea, BUT,

1: There was not enough to do considering the map size, so I think there should be activities or missions or even better create your own crew, where you have to do heist, etc to gain fame and money. Maybe even make so you have territories like the real mob and you can fight over them by robbing banks in that area or other activities in that area to gain money/fame to be able to challenge for it.

2: GTA4's map wasnt small and this is going to be even larger(I think it's about 3.5x the size of GTA4) but in freeroam there was not enough people on the map and what people there was all hung around one area(most common for me I find them all at the airport), so with the new map being so much bigger I think the lobbies need to be alot bigger and for the game not to spawn you all in one place.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:47 PM   #35
Axel Desade

CherryAvalanche's Gamercard
Quote:
Hey, I'll be turning your duo into a team of 3 if you don't mind!
Any objections to this becoming a quartet?

Axel Desade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:32 PM   #36
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernSith2010 View Post
Maybe he went PC gaming?
One was always a hybrid gamer (PC/Xbox) but for the past 3 years, he's ditched console gaming completely to play shitty MMO's and other PC games. The other two just legit randomly stopped gaming. Don't know how someone can decide to just give up gaming but whatevs

Quote:
Anyway I've been think, Free Roam in GTA4 was a good idea, BUT,

1: There was not enough to do considering the map size, so I think there should be activities or missions or even better create your own crew, where you have to do heist, etc to gain fame and money.

2: GTA4's map wasnt small and this is going to be even larger...
Actual side activities with friends in free roam would spice it up a lot. And I think they said 3.5x the size of Red Dead actually. Either way, considering how big the map is now, I'm not sure if it'll be good or bad. It may be too overwhelming, but at the same time, it gives you countless areas to chill each time you choose to free roam with people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel Desade View Post
The more the merrier!

Old 05-13-2013, 12:20 AM   #37
ModernSith2010

demontweak08's Gamercard
Quote:
Actual side activities with friends in free roam would spice it up a lot. And I think they said 3.5x the size of Red Dead actually. Either way, considering how big the map is now, I'm not sure if it'll be good or bad. It may be too overwhelming, but at the same time, it gives you countless areas to chill each time you choose to free roam with people.
Actually your right, I think they said it is 5x the size of RDR so I think that equates to being about 7x the size of GTA4(I'm not a huge RDR fan, not completed it yet,lol, just can't get into, so I'm not quite sure how much larger it is than GTA4's map), so yeah we really need more people per lobby/match.

Edit: "So, just how big is that map? Well, according to Rockstar, including the underwater areas, it’s five times the size of Red Dead Redemption’s world and it’s all accessible from the outset. There’s none of that gating business employed by Grand Theft Auto IV."

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...d-to-Know.html

Last edited by ModernSith2010; 05-13-2013 at 12:25 AM.
ModernSith2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:39 AM   #38
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I gave it a decent 7, don't want to get too cocky right.

JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:28 AM   #39
Barad
High on Life

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel Desade View Post
Quote:
The more the merrier!
I smell a mini x360a crew!

---

Old 05-13-2013, 07:57 PM   #40
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
I can dig that!!

Old 05-13-2013, 08:31 PM   #41
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
You can count me in too.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:07 AM   #42
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

BiggD, BARAD, Axel and Kane....unite!

Old 05-14-2013, 04:27 AM   #43
DEG23
Wanderlusting

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Wasn't the idea that our crew from Max Payne 3 would copy over to GTA5?

I know we had some good times together as a crew, plus the bonus was extra XP if we played together. Hopefully that will copy over to GTA5 as well.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:06 PM   #44
Barad
High on Life

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
Wasn't the idea that our crew from Max Payne 3 would copy over to GTA5?

I know we had some good times together as a crew, plus the bonus was extra XP if we played together. Hopefully that will copy over to GTA5 as well.
I guess this means the current X360A Max Payne 3 crew will automatically become a crew in GTA V. Should be interesting what happens to it from then on.

---

Old 05-14-2013, 10:11 PM   #45
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
I guess this means the current X360A Max Payne 3 crew will automatically become a crew in GTA V. Should be interesting what happens to it from then on.
Fuck that. There's too many randies in the crew. We gotta stick to the select few x360a members who are hardcore!

And DEG became a Mod?!!??!

Old 05-16-2013, 02:53 AM   #46
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Screw it my level is not a 10 it's a

3/10

Wait for it

It's actually a 20/10. Impossible you say ? Screw the logic you have if you believe that IT's GTA V Mo fos !!!!!!

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

https://soundcloud.com/soundwasteland
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:20 AM   #47
Barad
High on Life

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadsea 18 View Post
Screw it my level is not a 10 it's a

3/10

Wait for it

It's actually a 20/10. Impossible you say ? Screw the logic you have if you believe that IT's GTA V Mo fos !!!!!!

Lol when I read 3/10 I was like..ohh no he di'int!

---

Old 05-16-2013, 11:27 AM   #48
Skorpion XBA
さそり XBA

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Green Thumb - Platinum   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Achievement Guide - Silver
Total Awards: 34 (more» ...)
Quote:
Lol when I read 3/10 I was like..ohh no he di'int!
Well I gave it a 1/10 only because 0 wasn't an option . I'm just not into GTA. I'm not saying I one day I wouldn't try it, but it's not for me really.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:43 AM   #49
Barad
High on Life

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpion x360a View Post
Well I gave it a 1/10 only because 0 wasn't an option . I'm just not into GTA. I'm not saying I one day I wouldn't try it, but it's not for me really.
You've ruined my day before it's even started. Thanks mate.

Nah fair enough, I just hope you give one of the classic GTA games a chance again!

---

Old 05-16-2013, 01:30 PM   #50
Skorpion XBA
さそり XBA

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Green Thumb - Platinum   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Achievement Guide - Silver
Total Awards: 34 (more» ...)
Quote:
You've ruined my day before it's even started. Thanks mate.

Nah fair enough, I just hope you give one of the classic GTA games a chance again!
Well I tried GTA IV. I have 5/1500 GS in the game lol. One day maybe I'll give it another go. There have been loads of games I didn't like at first and then went back to play them and ended up liking them. This may happen for GTA...who knows?
Old 05-16-2013, 03:34 PM   #51
Barad
High on Life

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpion x360a View Post
Well I tried GTA IV. I have 5/1500 GS in the game lol. One day maybe I'll give it another go. There have been loads of games I didn't like at first and then went back to play them and ended up liking them. This may happen for GTA...who knows?

You should definitely give IV more time. Anyway to be fair V looks a lot different in terms of settings, characters, story. Everythings seems a lot more exciting this time.

---

Old 05-17-2013, 10:31 PM   #52
Swizzler

swizzler74's Gamercard
Cant...frickin...wait...
I seriously hope it lives up to the hype.
Swizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:10 PM   #53
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

AH!

I want our mini x360 crew to assemble and play this game already!

Old 05-18-2013, 08:57 PM   #54
Barad
High on Life

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
AH!

I want our mini x360 crew to assemble and play this game already!

121 days, 2 hours, 2 minutes & 59 seconds until we can! (As of right now)

---

Old 05-18-2013, 10:48 PM   #55
II Mortis II

Mortis x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:

I 'stop' gaming a lot. I just lose my motivation. I'm hoping GTA V will bring that motivation back as it's the only game that's really peaked my interest.
I voted 10.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:26 AM   #56
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
121 days, 2 hours, 2 minutes & 59 seconds until we can! (As of right now)
I love the fact that you're counting down

Quote:
Originally Posted by II Mortis II View Post
I 'stop' gaming a lot. I just lose my motivation. I'm hoping GTA V will bring that motivation back as it's the only game that's really peaked my interest.
I voted 10.
I don't know how you people do that! I may skip a day of gaming, but I'll always get around to gaming during the week.

Old 05-19-2013, 01:57 PM   #57
bradengunn

BRAD3N GUNN's Gamercard
It's my fourth most anticipated game of the year
1) Metal Gear Solid V (Presuming it's released this year.)
2) Watch Dogs
3) Batman: Arkham Origins
4) Grand Theft Auto V

So I guess I would rate it as 9 or a 10

bradengunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:19 PM   #58
Tom115

Tom RT's Gamercard

Too excited. It comes out the day I fly back from holiday so if my flight gets delayed I'll be pissed! Booked a few days off to play it though
Old 05-22-2013, 04:49 PM   #59
GeneralGranko

Send a message via Skype™ to GeneralGranko

xX forEV3R Xx's Gamercard
10, super-ultra excited, the only thing Im excited more is CoD: Ghost, because it will be best game ever, just epic nextgen lol omg!!!! (Just trollin n kidding! - dog? WTF!)

GTA 5 will be just epic!
rockyzz@seznam.cz

Playing now: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (PC)
Need players for:
CoD: BO2 Apocalypse DLC - Easter Egg

GeneralGranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:59 PM   #60
Barad
High on Life

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralGranko View Post
CoD: Ghost, because it will be best game ever, just epic nextgen lol omg!!!!
I got scared when I read this lol.

---