Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 01:46 AM   #1
Benny34
Banned User

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
78,000 apply to leave Earth forever to live on Mars

http://science.nbcnews.com/_news/201...e-on-mars?lite

An artist's depiction of Mars One astronauts and their colony on the Red Planet. In just a couple of weeks, tens of thousands have applied to live on Mars.
LoL this is funny count me in I don't even want to live on Earth lol!
Old 05-10-2013, 01:55 AM   #2
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

78,000 confirmed morons on the planet. I hope they do enjoy their leave. 78,000 less people to deal with here on Earth. I hope they realize that it will take probabley another 1,000 years to convert Mars into a ''livable'' planet. (National Geographic 2009 issue)

Wow a reality show about Mars,I guess Jersey SHore New Jersey got to boring for most of the World. 6 billion $, what a waste of money.

If it ever does,I think it's a stupid idea. Earth is great,if there weren't so many idiots on the planet in this day and age. If only Leonardo Da Vinci,Michlangelo,Picaso,George Washington,Abrham Lincoln,and Thomas Jefferson were still alive,we need more people like them today.

Thanks goes to Captain Slaughter for the signature.

Last edited by Deadsea 18; 05-10-2013 at 01:58 AM.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:03 AM   #3
KillerBEA

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA 91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Community Gaming - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadsea 18 View Post
78,000 confirmed morons on the planet. I hope they do enjoy their leave. 78,000 less people to deal with here on Earth. I hope they realize that it will take probabley another 1,000 years to convert Mars into a ''livable'' planet. (National Geographic 2009 issue)
I don't see why you're being so hateful about it. People want to explore space or leave the planet. Its a great chance to go into space and learn more about mars and space travel. Ultimately this could lead to more space travel which would be great. I personally won't apply mainly because I don't want to leave everything behind.

Last edited by KillerBEA; 05-10-2013 at 02:06 AM.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:07 AM   #4
LickableLemons7

LickableLemons7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Lol Mars is so 2008

It's all about black holes now

I volunteer as tribute

Someone shoot me into a black hole.

Those things must be dense as fuck. I can live there. Thank you for everything Kip Thorne
Old 05-10-2013, 02:17 AM   #5
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBEA View Post
I don't see why you're being so hateful about it. People want to explore space or leave the planet. Its a great chance to go into space and learn more about mars and space travel. Ultimately this could lead to more space travel which would be great. I personally won't apply mainly because I don't want to leave everything behind.
Oh not being hateful. Just that instead of finding a cure for Aids,cancer,luekimia,Diabetees,people are spending billions to play ''Space man''

I think a mars ticket is like 2 billion $. So if you are a billionare what better way of spending $,instead of donating $ to charities by all means let the rich squander and the poor get poorer.

Old 05-10-2013, 02:41 AM   #6
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
This is really far-fetched, but I would love to live on another planet. Not as a permanent residence, but more of a temporary vacation.

Imagine that? Kids today say, "I went on vacation across the U.S."

Kids in the future (200+ years, maybe?) will say, "I went on vacation on another planet."

I find it hard to believe Earth is the only "inhabitable" planet. And if it is, well that just sucks balls.

Quote:
Earth is great...
ROFL! Well of course it is...it's the only planet your comfortably familiar with...

Quote:
If only Leonardo Da Vinci,Michlangelo,Picaso,George Washington,Abrham Lincoln,and Thomas Jefferson were still alive,we need more people like them today.
The world is a big place...there could very well be humans as intelligent and as inspirational as them. Perhaps you [we] just haven't heard of them.

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: Halo: The Master Chief Collection
~ HALO IS LOVE, HALO IS LIFE ~

Last edited by BiggD; 05-10-2013 at 02:43 AM.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:00 AM   #7
Benny34
Banned User

Support Space Exploration! it will be our only hope! as we have destroyed earth.
i am a big science nerd and when it comes to astronomy or biology i get a hard-on lol
“Exploration is in our nature. We began as wanderers, and we are wanderers still. We have lingered long enough on the shores of the cosmic ocean. We are ready at last to set sail for the stars.”
- Carl Sagan

Last edited by Benny34; 05-10-2013 at 03:03 AM.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:07 AM   #8
H0p3sfalL

ATT4Ck XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   x360a Representer   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I think this is awesome! Shame I prob won't be alive when humans start exploring other galaxies
Old 05-10-2013, 03:13 AM   #9
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny34 View Post
Support Space Exploration! it will be our only hope! as we have destroyed earth.
I disagree. The World is fine. There are people that litter and don't care to cut down hundred of trees, but overall the World is not close to extintion at all.

I'm an open minded Christian and belive that there is an afterlife so I'm not scared like ''Om my gosh only 5 billion years left until the Sun explodes into a mega nucular Super Nova''

I support Obama 100% for pulling the plug on USA Space travel. All that $ could be spent somewere else. Until someone can show me ''We solved World Hunger,World Peace,there is no crime at all in The World'' then I will still believe that we as humans can contribute more to the World without needing Space travel hopes.

Old 05-10-2013, 03:58 AM   #10
Benny34
Banned User

Quote:
I disagree. The World is fine. There are people that litter and don't care to cut down hundred of trees, but overall the World is not close to extintion at all.

I'm an open minded Christian and belive that there is an afterlife so I'm not scared like ''Om my gosh only 5 billion years left until the Sun explodes into a mega nucular Super Nova''

I support Obama 100% for pulling the plug on USA Space travel. All that $ could be spent somewere else. Until someone can show me ''We solved World Hunger,World Peace,there is no crime at all in The World'' then I will still believe that we as humans can contribute more to the World without needing Space travel hopes.
Aha typical a christian putting a science themed topic down oh the irony!
to say that the earth is fine is quite dumb. but hey don't most christians deny global warming?
to H0p3sfalL: exploring differnt galaxies will take quite some time as the Andromeda Galaxy closet spiral galaxy towards us is 2.5 million light years away.. Which if you could go the speed of light it will take 2.5 million years to get there, and nothing yet can go the close to the speed of light if not it's almost impossiable to ever reach those speeds lmfao.

Last edited by Benny34; 05-10-2013 at 04:05 AM.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:02 AM   #11
Felonious Monk

HopeStillFlies's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Gamer Chick!   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
to say that the earth is fine is quite dumb. but hey don't most christians deny global warming?
MWAH. GOODNIGHT EVERYBODY.

thread over
AIDS in thread
Old 05-10-2013, 04:09 AM   #12
Benny34
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Monk View Post
MWAH. GOODNIGHT EVERYBODY.
Animaniacs "Goodnight Everybody" S01 - YouTube

thread over
AIDS in thread
LoL to bad i had to say that as i speak the truth which what i said is quite true...
Old 05-10-2013, 04:19 AM   #13
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Quote:
to say that the earth is fine is quite dumb. .

Wow what a troll. Lost all respect for you right then.

So you ignore all my other comments in this thread then ''attack on sight' once I state my religious beliefs. I could say the same about you ''Typical non Christian'' but then that would be stupid as I have many atheist,Buddhist,Agnostic friends were we don't talk about religion. In fact I enjoy listening to peoples beliefs and I never put them down. So no I'm not a ''typical'' Christian as there is no such thing.

In all honesty I think Space travel is a waste of time and Money,please read my other comments,and then come back when you have grown up a bit.

Again-Im an idividual,so its very ignorant of you to say ''most christians deny global warming''. So your ''great idea'' of stopping it is to pack up and leave. How about we figuire out a way to solve the problem.

Last edited by Deadsea 18; 05-10-2013 at 04:27 AM.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:29 AM   #14
Benny34
Banned User

Quote:

So you ignore all my other comments in this thread then ''attack on sight' once I state my religious beliefs. I could say the same about you ''Typical non Christian'' but then that would be stupid as I have many atheist,Buddhist,Agnostic friends were we don't talk about religion. In fact I enjoy listening to peoples beliefs and I never put them down. So no I'm not a ''typical'' Christian as there is no such thing.

In all honesty I think Space travel is a waste of time and Money,please read my other comments,and then come back when you have grown up a bit.

Again-Im an idividual,so its very ignorant of you to say ''most christians deny global warming''. So your ''great idea'' of stopping it is to pack up and leave. How about we figuire out a way to solve the problem.
You grow up, it's typical of a christian to put down anything science related... they always do.

Last edited by Benny34; 05-10-2013 at 04:31 AM. Reason: can't argue with religious fools.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:33 AM   #15
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Quote:
You grow up, it's typical of a christian to put down anything science related... they always do.
Oy my gosh. I guess thats why I quoted from a Science/World issues magazine in my 2nd post,and gave good SCIENTFIC reasons (Finding Cures for common incurable ailments) why spending $ to NASA,and other Space projects wouldn't be a good idea. Theres plenty of Issues on Earth to solve for a better tommorow.

Again theres that ''They'' word. I guess all Christians are made up into one human then huh ?

Get back ontopic please. You are making yourself look stupid.

Old 05-10-2013, 04:44 AM   #16
tehapoc

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
thats why I quoted from a Science/World issues magazine in my 2nd post
Congratulations on putting quotation marks around a poorly written sentence.

Quote:
and gave good SCIENTFIC reasons (Finding Cures for common incurable ailments)
Because NASA doesn't contribute towards anything useful like finding cures for incurable ailments and creating advanced medical techniques and technologies.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:45 AM   #17
Benny34
Banned User

Quote:
Oy my gosh. I guess thats why I quoted from a Science/World issues magazine in my 2nd post,and gave good SCIENTFIC reasons (Finding Cures for common incurable ailments) why spending $ to NASA,and other Space projects wouldn't be a good idea. Theres plenty of Issues on Earth to solve for a better tommorow.

Again theres that ''They'' word. I guess all Christians are made up into one human then huh ?

Get back ontopic please. You are making yourself look stupid.
Calling one stupid yet being religious is quite funny i must say!
so NASA isn't important god damn you're a fucking stupid fool
NASA contributes so much to our lives at a reasonable monetary cost.

NASA's budget is small compared to other parts of the Federal Budget. While it is not a money making operation, it is not like we are stuffing all of the money in a rocket and launching into space. The money is used and results are gained from it.

One of the biggest image problems that NASA has is the inability to clearly state the many and invaluable contributions to the world that come either directly from NASA or are developed from NASA research, engineers and technology.

In addition to providing many high level career opportunities, generating tourism dollars for local communities with NASA facilities, many of the things that we use in everyday life were developed directly for a NASA mission.

Portable and cordless drills and other tools were created and used for the Apollo Mission. Mylar which is used in insulating blankets was also developed by NASA.

A new kind of rescue tool - Life Shears - is being used by EMS and fire departments for getting people out of wrecked vehicles was developed initially for the Space Shuttle program.

The idea of grooved highways for better traction in wet weather was used by NASA in runways,

The switches that activate air bags in cars were developed by NASA engineers.

Weather Satellites are essential technology with the increased threat of hurricanes.

NASA holds thousands of patents and as a federal institution anyone can license and develop products based on these technologies. Hundreds of companies have done so, creating thousands of jobs.

NASA imagery are used by many companies to develop and sell, books, calendars t-shirts, providing additional jobs and tax collections

One of the most forgotten parts of NASA is that it also responsible for Aeronautics as well as space. As a result NASA is always investigating and studying ways to make flying more efficient and safer.

Last edited by Benny34; 05-10-2013 at 04:59 AM.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:10 AM   #18
StayonTarget
Mr. Purple

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - troy0891   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Deadsea. You should stop before you make yourself look like more of a fool.

I would love to go to Mars one day. But being one of only a few people I don't know if I could handle. As much as I hate people I imagine myself going insane without any outside contact in a matter of months.

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!
Old 05-10-2013, 05:22 AM   #19
Aceman417

Aceman417's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1
Someone needs to post the link to sign-up. I would love to live on Mars. You guys have all seen John Carter right? Jumping around like that would be awesome. I will be the saviour of Barsoom.

Also, enough with the religious debates. Doesn't matter what you believe in, no need to argue about it.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:26 AM   #20
Benny34
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
Deadsea. You should stop before you make yourself look like more of a fool.

I would love to go to Mars one day. But being one of only a few people I don't know if I could handle. As much as I hate people I imagine myself going insane without any outside contact in a matter of months.
Because NASA or Space Exploration is a waste of money that right there makes him a ignorant fool. Aha I hate when Science iliterate people call me stupid on a science based subject makes me LoL. Dead Sea do you even science bro?
Old 05-10-2013, 05:33 AM   #21
StayonTarget
Mr. Purple

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - troy0891   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Quote:
Because NASA or Space Exploration is a waste of money that right there makes him a ignorant fool. Aha I hate when Science iliterate people call me stupid on a science based subject makes me LoL. Dead Sea do you even science bro?
I do understand the point that traveling to Mars won't help us NOW. Like today or tomorrow. But in the near future it will. We'll either kill our planet or overpopulate it. However, you can't argue that the money could be going to different things because ignorant bigots who have political power are accomplishing nothing.

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!
Old 05-10-2013, 05:58 AM   #22
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Now we need to wait for NASA to form into a mock-UAC, lead a colony to Mars, begin building facilities and digs; and then comes the DooM.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:17 AM   #23
Mandalorian831

Mandalorian831's Gamercard
How/where do I sign up? I want to go to Mars.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:22 AM   #24
KillerBEA

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA 91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Community Gaming - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
Quote:
Just gonna throw it out there, that I am Christian and I have shown my support for this. Not all of us are blind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceman417 View Post
Also, enough with the religious debates. Doesn't matter what you believe in, no need to argue about it.
I agree, and it's likely to get this thread shutdown.

Last edited by KillerBEA; 05-10-2013 at 06:24 AM.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:31 AM   #25
Auburok

Send a message via Skype™ to Auburok

auburok's Gamercard

Quote:
78,000 confirmed morons on the planet.
78,001, but that's undershooting it quite a bit.

Space exploration is not a waste of money. We need to drain every other planet of it's resources to make superstructures on Earth and a dyson sphere around the Sun in the future. You want Earth to be the best, right? We'll show those Jovian motherfuckers we mean business when Mars is half hallowed out.

Old 05-10-2013, 07:49 AM   #26
H2O

KingStarry's Gamercard
Quote:
On a personal level i'm largely against religious organisations but there's no need to go around insulting people.

Quote:
but hey don't most christians deny global warming?
Many people disbelieve MAN MADE global warming. Not just religious types. Quantifying how much is caused by us and how much is the natural cycles of the earth is very complex and there's too much politics involved for many reports to be completely trustworthy.

Quote:
exploring differnt galaxies will take quite some time as the Andromeda Galaxy closet spiral galaxy towards us is 2.5 million light years away.. Which if you could go the speed of light it will take 2.5 million years to get there, and nothing yet can go the close to the speed of light if not it's almost impossiable to ever reach those speeds lmfao.
Wormholes.

Edit: On topic. I can't see the appeal of a one way trip to live in a small box myself. No matter how good the view.

There's also the practical issues of things like illness to consider. Aren't they planning on just sending two people to start with then adding to the colony over time? What skill sets are going to be the most important for the first settlers to have?

Last edited by H2O; 05-10-2013 at 08:08 AM.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:19 AM   #27
Aceman417

Aceman417's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O View Post
On a personal level i'm largely against religious organisations but there's no need to go around insulting people.

Many people disbelieve MAN MADE global warming. Not just religious types. Quantifying how much is caused by us and how much is the natural cycles of the earth is very complex and there's too much politics involved for many reports to be completely trustworthy.

Wormholes.

Edit: On topic. I can't see the appeal of a one way trip to live in a small box myself. No matter how good the view.

There's also the practical issues of things like illness to consider. Aren't they planning on just sending two people to start with then adding to the colony over time? What skill sets are going to be the most important for the first settlers to have?
Think it's 4 at first.
I wonder what reproducing will be like, would that be allowed.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:53 AM   #28
H2O

KingStarry's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceman417 View Post
Think it's 4 at first.
I wonder what reproducing will be like, would that be allowed.
kids?

Last i read they were looking for older people because the solar radiation during the trip is likely to make them sterile.

We currently don't have the tech for adequate radiation shielding apparently.

Also, habitat space is going to be at a premium so a family would be a bad idea. It's not like they'll be able to move to a bigger house.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:59 AM   #29
Benny34
Banned User

Yeah maybe I was to harsh with the religious thing. But it's every time I read a science article a religious person tries to put it down... LoL. Sorry if I offended anyone other then Dead Sea.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:26 AM   #30
Gorilla Stomper
The Shitlord King

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
You had respect for Benny to begin with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty-Rex View Post
Yeah you're right anime is stupid and for dudes with tiny dicks.
Closed Thread