Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Announcements
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-10-2013, 02:34 PM   #1
jackanape
Duchess Gummybuns

jackanape's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shiftie   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - rekikire   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff - Super Moderator   Road Map - Platinum   A+ Thread Award   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - TemporalWizard
Total Awards: 38 (more» ...)
Subscriber Spotlight - May 2013

Holy crap gang, it seems to have been AGGGGGGGGGES since the last Spotlight. Who else was getting withdrawal symptoms? I mean the kind of cold turkey that only comes with the real hardcore drugs that are liable to get you arrested?

P.S Don't do drugs kids, or Hulk Hogan will be pissed.

Anyway, after literally WEEKS without a load of fascinating tidbits to digest and thrilling questions to read the answers to I've ridden in here like the Lone Ranger to save us all from interminable boredom. Actually, you probably have something better to do but this stuff takes a lot of time and effort so I DEMAND THAT YOU PUT ASIDE YOUR MUCH MORE INTERESTING LIFE AND SIT DOWN AND READ THIS CRAP.

Are we all on the same page here? We'd better be or the lives or these puppies will be hanging in the balance. That's right I'm threatening mans best friend, deal with it.

My incoherent, achievement addled, ramblings aside let us give a warm welcome to my special guest: Madhatters13, who is the general dogsbody in joint charge of the Maximum Clubs. Boo yah!

But what makes this guy tick? I mean other than the fact he is a clockwork soldier, like that dude from the crappy second Oz film or those creepy guys from that one episode of Doctor Who. Let's find out.

(P.S I apologise for a lack of a bridge pic, I just couldn't find one sexy enough and my standards are high).

Welcome to the spotlight! Introduce yourself and tell us a little bit about yourself.
Hello everyone. I just want to start off by saying what an awesome surprise it was yesterday morning when I saw the PMs informing me that those mystical creatures at Random.org had given me this prestigious opportunity. This is like a perfect early birthday present. (Edit: This guy has low standards. Does he normally get a lump of coal for his birthday?)

If you've happened to visit any of my profiles I have in my signature, three things would have occurred to you: I'm terribly uncreative when thinking of usernames; I very rarely tweet these days; and my name is Stephan. I'm 23 years old, and am currently a first year A Level student, who around this time last year decided that a change of scenery was in order, and going back into full-time education to study chemistry, maths and biology A Levels was the way forward. So much exam-based fun in heading my way in the next month. I love watching The Middle and A Game of Thrones, and am currently reading the third A Song of Fire and Ice book alongside watching the newest season of the TV show. Arya Stark and Tyrion Lannister are my two favourite characters. (Edit: Spoiler from someone that's read all the books - THEY ALL DIE............nah, just kidding.)

I see you're a fan of Leeds United, one of the universes most hated football clubs, so how does that make you feel? Any psychological trauma?
The one thing I love the most about Leeds United fans is the way they can make every stadium feel like home. So much noise even when they're vastly outnumbered on their travels. My biggest dose of psychological came when I was in year 9, the season Leeds parted company with the Premier League. I represented half of the club's fanfare in the year group, so it wasn't much fun when everyone else shared a mutual dislike for your club when such a fun topic like relegation popped up. The good news is we're on the up and up again, so I'm quite looking forward to next season.

That Neil Warnock. What a dick - amirite? (Edit: I should probably mention that he was the manager of Leeds until he got the boot recently).
Haha! This question made me laugh when I first read it. I'm not sure what happened to him in the latter months of his time at Leeds, but he did seem to lose the plot a bit. The instant turnaround in form that Brian McDermott has sparked highlights this even more. How two managers can get such completely different results from the same team of players is beyond me.

I personally find grown men driving round and round in circles fairly pointless, especially when basically the best designer wins, so what's all this fuss about F1? CONVINCE ME OF ITS WORTHINESS PEON!!!
I'm not sure of my ability to convince you, but my interest in F1 started in primary school, when my best friend was mad on it. And I mean mad on it. He knew every detail. My interest has risen and fallen over the years, but I'm glad they've managed to bring the emphasis back to the driver's skill more in recent years. I'm always in awe of how quickly the pit crew can change a set of tires. Oh how easily I could muck that rhythm up.
It provides a nice, relaxing way to spend a Sunday, and unlike football, I don't need to stress myself about how my team is doing.

Back on topic. How did you come up with your gamertag?
This story takes us back to the early 2000s and a PC game by the name of Crimson Skies. This was the game that played host to my first taste of online multiplayer. Me and my Dad loved the single player story, and decided to adopt a variation of our favourite clan's name - the Black Hats. A few minutes of tweaking later, and with the addition of the magical aura provided by the number 13, we have the name that I hide my multiplayer antics behind still today.

What first brought you to x360a, and then what made you stick around and subscribe?
I think it was my hunt for websites that posted gaming news that first brought me to x360a back in early 2008. My BT Home Hub was fresh out of the box and I was on the hunt for all things related to the hobby we all love. I like to think I'm a little unique in that I didn't actually have a 360 when I started regularly visiting the site for my game news fix. Not to worry though, this was quickly rectified in the months following my first visit, although it still took me almost a year to pluck up the courage to hit that register button.

I stuck around because there was always something happening on the site. The members are always friendly and there's always enough being posted on the front page and forums to allow me to happily lose 2 or 3 hours of my day here.

Around 2 months after I registered I decided to hit that subscribe button and join the secret order of subscribers. I wanted to give something back to the site that had eaten away my evenings, and the fact that I got shiny forum goodness and a green name meant everybody wins. Many great times were had in subscriber gaming sessions from Castle Crashers to Call of Duty, but unfortunately I had to stop my subscription at the end of last year due to my return to education. I do love my 2 big yellow dollar signs though.

You currently manhandle the Maximum Clubs (like a burly manly man). What's your motivation to helping others?
I was over the moon when I was given the chance to help out the site as a staff member. I've always just really liked helping people out whenever I can, and when the opportunity to join this team came up I just had to put my name down. I'm a big fan of those warm and fuzzy feelings that come from helping others. The guys who have been a part of the Maximum Club team with me have all been brilliant too – bplayak, hodge, Deekboy, KillerBEA, kaleido and Asian. It honestly doesn't feel like I've been doing it for almost 3 years now. I wish I was able to sit at the top of the pile in more than the one Maximum Club that I do currently (Fallout: NV: Honest Hearts), but I take far too long to complete any of the games I play.

Any games you wish you could have been the first in the galaxy to complete, just for the bragging rights?
Hmm, I'd probably go for a big name game like Skyrim just to maximise the bragging rights potential. Truthfully though, I spend way too much time taking in the scenery to ever be in the first 2 million people to finish a game like this. Difficult games would be another option, so something like Geometry Wars would be a neat claim to fame. Hopping over to PS3 land for a moment I'd also say either Killzone 2 or Wipeout HD, two games that didn't know quite where to put the difficulty line.

Last edited by jackanape; 05-10-2013 at 02:44 PM.
jackanape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:35 PM   #2
jackanape
Duchess Gummybuns

jackanape's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shiftie   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - rekikire   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff - Super Moderator   Road Map - Platinum   A+ Thread Award   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - TemporalWizard

Is the 360 your only current console? What others have sharpened your gaming skills over the years?
I'm currently the proud owner of all 3 of the current generation of consoles, and they all have their moments in the sunshine (or the dark realm of being forgotten about, as applicable).

My first gaming system was a Commodore Amiga 500 (Edit: Am I seriously the only one old enough to have started on a Spectrum?), which my Grandad gave to me for Christmas when I was either 3 or 4. The first game that I remember playing was called Puggsy, a platformer where you helped a rather cute red alien rebuild his spaceship after an unfortunate crash landing. Growing up, fun times were also had on games such as The Settlers, Cannon Fodder, Sensible Soccer and... this could go on and on. Let's just name one more... umm, AH, The Chaos Engine.

After the Amiga I moved onto the Playstation, which introduced me to Mr. Bandicoot and Mr. Dragon... uh, Spyro and Crash. Then I became I PC gamer, which I enjoyed alongside the Playstation 2. When the PS2 bowed out to the PS3 I drifted away from PC gaming, having never built a self-supporting city in Sim City 4. Then the 360 and Wii joined my collection and we're here today with me still unsure on where the next generation will take me.

What is your gaming setup?

I have a 32" Sony Bravia TV with for my 3 main consoles. My PC is an Emachines; nothing too fancy but it plays games that are a few years old quite well. I still have my PS2 which takes pride of place in my bedroom on an equally aged TV. Fun fact is that I sit on the floor when playing anything other than my PS2, when I opt for the end of my bed instead. I find gaming while sitting in a chair or on a sofa uncomfortable for some reason. I'm just a little strange like that I guess.

When you're picking the next game to grace your console, do you go for game play or achievements first?
Gameplay rules majority vote in this decision. If I know I'll like a game then it will find its way into my collection regardless of how hard or hopelessly uninspired the achievement list is. I do like to see that 'Achievement Unlocked' notification at least once in a gaming session though, so I admit I will also sneak a look at the achievement list before I play a game to see how much hope I have of unlocking a respectable number of the achievements. Higher numbers are better, but it won't sway a decision on whether I buy a game I'm interested in too much.

I also note you are a previous GSL winner (swoon!). Was that your first rodeo? How was it? I hope they were gentle.
My first rodeo was GSL 8 with 3 bandits called Filter x360a, Steve50013 and Gackt, collectively known as All Your Achievements Are Belong To Us (proud owners of the longest team name in the competition). I had a brilliant time over those two months discovering games that were much more fun than I thought they'd be like Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and, of course, Hannah Montana. With the good came the bad though, and game like Shellshock 2 and King Kong left me huddled in a corner, with nothing but achievements to keep me going. My total gamerscore for this competition still accounts for a little under half of my total, which may be a little worrying considering I've had my 360 for 5 years now.

Would you do the GSL again or was it a one-off thing? I've been there and the pressure can be intense. Not to mention the clean up..........
I would definitely take part again, although I doubt I'll be a serious contender for another victory. Casually Motivated fitted me both in name and team ethos in last year's GSL, and I still had a brilliant time racking up 10% of my GSL 8 total. I just need to get my Max Club buddy, bplayak, to join me in the fun next time. Clean ups aren't really an issue for me, because my completion percentage lies in a terrible state of disrepair anyway. It has long since been beyond help.

Everyone has a 360 game they can't get enough of, what’s yours?
At the moment I'm going through a bit of a barren spell for gaming. I'd say Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 fits this well though. I've done pretty much everything there is to do on them, but keep going back to partake in some terrorist hunt fun. I love the phrases the terrorists come out with, and I can't wait for Rainbow Six Patriots to hit the shelves later this year.

Out of all of the games you played (on any system), which was your favourite?
This is going to be a very difficult question to answer as about 10 games have jumped straight into my mind, but I'll try to keep it to just one game. I think I'm going to go with S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl. I loved how all the smaller things like characters playing musical instruments around the comforting glow of a campfire going in stark contrast with a midnight ambush by mutant animals in a lonely forest came together to create a brilliant atmosphere. I'd certainly recommend playing it if you get the chance, especially to see the rather ominous later stages of the game.

Well, there has to be a few games that you didn't like. Which ones were the worst?
I feel this is a fitting place for Alone in the Dark. Having pre-ordered the collector's edition of this game I found myself very much underwhelmed with what I experienced. I don't think I ever got any logic out of the story, and that driving section... I know there are many fans of that particular piece out there. To give it a little praise though, the hype surrounding the fire wasn't unfounded. That alone was the best thing in this game for me.

Just Cause is another game. No matter what I tried I just couldn't make myself enjoy it. I loved the idea of the free roaming tropical island, which was the biggest selling point for me in Far Cry 1 and 3, but I just couldn't get along with the execution. It's still in my pile of games on the cupboard though, so there may be a second chance for it some day.

Admit it, there must be a few games you played just to hear that wonderous achievement unlocked sound (especially in a GSL)? NAME AND SHAME THEM!!!
I'm guilty of all the usual suspects - 2K6 and 7 games, Fifa 06, Avatar, Terminator, Cloudy with a chance, Night at the Museum and The Godfather II. I did enjoy the last 3 though, so they're more name than shame. Some part of my mind also convinced me that buying CoD: World at War again on the 360 was a good idea after I platinum'd it on the PS3. That didn't go as well as hoped.

On that topic, what achievement(s) are you most proud of?
Without a doubt, Best of the Best from Rainbow Six: Vegas and Mile High Club from Call of Duty 4. So many hours were spent murdering terrorists at LVU Campus, but it was worth it to see that achievement finally pop up.

Not every game with quick points is easy to complete. Are there any games that you are giving up on or left in the dust?
Forza 3 and 4 fit nicely into this question. They are definitely left in the dust, as I can't see myself putting anymore effort into unlocking Solid Gold or Bucket List. Games that have mercilessly beaten down my efforts to complete them such as Geometry Wars and Trials HD have also been abandoned.

Any games that makes you scream (in frustration/rage or fear)?
Screams of frustration can be heard when I play either of the Trials games. I'm convinced that the bikes on both those games hold some kind of grudge against me, so those two faultless tournament achievements are far beyond my reach.

Fear comes in the form of Silent Hill. It doesn't matter which game it is on any system, those game just freak me out from the moment I put the disk in the console. I don't tend to get scared playing any other games like Dead Space or Resident Evil, but that town just gets me on edge from the moment I start playing.

If you could wipe one game franchise clean off the face of the Earth, which would it be?
After about 10 minutes of thinking over this question I've settled on purging the world of Duke Nukem. I've just never gotten along with the game's approach, and have always had a dislike to Duke himself. The most recent addition to the series left a great deal to be desired after the countless delays, and I question how a game could be released in such a state. I know I'd miss some aspect of a lot of other franchises, but Mr. Nukem would be welcome to disappear anytime.

Last edited by jackanape; 05-10-2013 at 02:42 PM.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:39 PM   #3
jackanape
Duchess Gummybuns

jackanape's Gamercard

I see that you're an anime fan (impeccable taste) any awesome shows that you could recommend to me.....I mean, to our readers (if you say something obvious like Cowboy Bebop etc I will cut you!)?
I'd certainly recommend the anime that started me off, Elfen Lied. After you've finished your journey on that emotional rollercoaster, pack a suitcase and head on down to Hinamizawa for 26 episodes of total confusion in Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. I still need to watch the second season of that to put some answers to the million questions it left me with.

And on that vein, any anime that you'd love to see made into a game? And what kind of badass game?
Hmm, this is a tough one. I think I'd go with Nyan Koi! I can think of few other things that would be more badass than a game where you have go around keeping our four-legged feline friends happy. Different, if nothing else.

Anime would certainly be a bold change (Well, some anime. CRAZY anime) for games. Do you care that most games nowadays seem to be rehashes? If you could choose would you go for a new IP or something familiar?

It does bother me that games these days are so similar. We're stuck in a time where FPS games stretch as far as the eye can see, and none of them seem to be able to bring much more to the table than a new timezone or some perky new weapons, both of which do little to excite me anymore.

I'd really like to see some more love to be thrown in the direction of the point-and-click adventure. We don't seem to get many of them come out anymore, but with some of my favourite games such as Broken Sword, Monkey Island and The Longest Journey to offer, I think it's a genre that still has so much to offer to gaming. It just needs a merry band of brave individuals to come along and do it justice and I don't think it can fail.

We all know gaming goes on till the early morning. What do you eat and drink to keep the reflexes sharp all night?
I've yet to find a combination that beats chocolate digestives and peach flavoured sparkling water. I do sneak a few cups a tea from time to time as well though.

I'm assuming some of those late night sessions included some achievement boosting. Any good/bad/memorable experiences you can regale us with? Were staff involved?
It's not very often that I boost for achievements, but my most memorable experience was on Wipeout HD back in 2008 with a group of members over on the sister site. Our main objective was to get the trophy Bling Brigade, for completing a race with every player rocking the super shiny paint job awarded for completing the game. The first reason for it being so memorable was because we had arranged to meet at 3am my time (us EU guys were outnumbered). So at the scheduled time we all met up to be greeted by a server maintenance screen. What a welcome sight that had greeted our precision planning, and a trophy that should have taken 10 minutes to get took just over 2 hours.

You have any particular online buddies that you hang out with regularly? Or any that have gone AWOL and you pine for like a lonely wolf?
Both of my first friends on PSN and Xbox Live have left me to fend for myself. I met my first PSN friend, SlyRacing. during my first go at Motorstorm's multiplayer. A few months later he vanished into a puff of smoke, and now occupies the bottom spot of my friend list with the caption 'Last online 2 or more years ago.' It's five years now, but PSN can't be done with counting that high.

My first friend on Xbox Live came from a session of Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 terrorist hunting. I remember I was quite jealous of his 3,500 gamerscore when I had a little over 1,000 myself. The Rainbow Six games were our hunting grounds for about 6 months, before he too abandoned me, never to be seen again. I did once blow up our whole team with a grenade though, so maybe that contributed.

I used to play multiplayer a lot more than I do these days. Back when Call of Duty 4, Battlefield: Bad Company and Warhawk were the games making the headlines the majority of my gaming time was spent causing trouble with a group of my buddies, playing together almost every time the opportunity arose. Now we all seem to stick to the single player side of the fence, hardly touching multiplayer at all. We all still chat regularly though.

Naked gaming - good or the stuff of nightmares?
This sounds like something that every gamer needs to partake in. I would too, of course, but I feel that the moment would be wasted without a Kinect to transmit the terrifying images to the TV screen.

What was the last thing you purchased on the arcade? Worth it?
The last game I purchased from the arcade was ilomilo during the recent Last Man Standing tournament. I've had my eye on it for some months, and so far I haven't been disappointed. The only downside was that the duo's cuteness wasn't enough to appease the powers of Random.org, and I was eliminated from the tournament the next day.

Do you purchase/enjoy DLC? Or see it as a vicious cash cow to be ignored?
If a game leaves me with cravings for more I'll happily welcome any DLC onto my Xbox like a loyal customer and fan... eventually. Like the list of games that I want to play, the DLC "to play" list is almost as long. Mass Effect 2 and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood are good examples of this. I will buy it eventually, but the developers shouldn't make any financial decisions based on this knowledge until the money is in their possession. It may be quite a wait while I get through everything I want to play.

New achievements are a bonus too, of course, but I won't buy DLC for a game I didn't particularly love just to keep my achievement percentage up.

I note that you have clocked up some of our Over Achiever tasks and snagged a bronze award (I have Platinum - don't feel bad). Any more of those badboys in your sights?
It has to be known that I am most jealous of that shiny platinum award in your award showcase. I'd like to get Handyman Carnby as that's the only achievement I don't have in that game (I'd taken all I could handle after getting all the others). I think Elitist from Tropico 3 will come shortly when I get back to playing it again. I'd like to play the Silent Hill Collection at some point, so I'll try to get the dog ending along the way. I'd also like to get the 2 Assassin's Creed achievements and, I know it'll never happen, but A Monument to all Your Sins would be a most valued addition to my achievement collection.

You have also made your own club. Why did you choose THOSE particular games? Personal nostalgia or pride?
For Call of Duty and Age of Booty it was for the pride of completing them. I wanted others to have to experience the pai... brilliant challenges these two games had to offer. Monkey Island was chosen because it made me laugh so many times throughout the story and made Mr. Threepwood or Thrifweed one of my all time favourite game characters. Fallout 3 was the first (and only, thanks to Gun Runners' Arsenal) Bethesda game that I have achieved 100% on. It also allowed me to add the word intergalactic to my club name, so it had to go in.

On a scale of 1-Infinity just how awesome is that there Monkey Island?
As you can probably guess I loved Monkey Island. That's quite a score scale though, so let's go with Avagadro's constant, 6.022 x10 to the 23/infinity. You should buy it. You need to buy it. (Edit: I did buy it. THREE times. WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?)

Which game(s) are you most eagerly awaiting?
Watch Dogs tops my list of games I'm looking forward to at the moment. I loved the footage that I saw during the Playstation 4 press conference (the highlight of the whole thing in my opinion), so this game is definitely on my radar.

Rainbow Six: Patriots is another game I'm really looking forward to. I've enjoyed all of the Tom Clancy games I have played, since Rogue Spear on the PC many years ago. I think this game will be replacing Call of Duty as the home of my multiplayer shenanigans.

Finally, I couldn't let this question pass without mentioning Dreamfall: Chapters. Until earlier this year it had been little more than a rumour, but now it's been confirmed I can't wait to make a return to Arcadia and Stark.

Last edited by jackanape; 05-10-2013 at 02:43 PM.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:43 PM   #4
jackanape
Duchess Gummybuns

jackanape's Gamercard

If you could add ONE thing/feature to the site, what would it be?
Can we pretend you asked me this question back in January so I can say staff clubs again? Thinking on the spot it's hard to come up with something as we've seen so many awesome changes and additions here so far this year. Maybe expand the staff club idea to include members who have been regular contributors to the community and site.

If you were Admin of the site for a day, what would you do?!
I would almost certainly spend the first hour staring admirably at my awesome red username. After that I'd hope that I got an invite to some shiny new game unveiling, or bring back the Cheevomaniacs podcast, as I miss listening to that. I think I'd need to put some time into locating this fortune that Jackanape keeps mentioning. He covers his tracks well, but I think I know the truth, and with the free access to the entire site adminship brings, there's no better time to try to locate it (Edit: Ahem, I have no idea where these people are getting their information *whistles casually*).

Any closing remarks?
Thank you to Jackanape and the mystical Random.org for giving me this opportunity to pour my heart out in the spotlight. I hope I haven't overdone it.

It's been great being a member and a part of the staff here for the last 5 and 3 years, and I look forward to seeing what other awesome stuff waits for us in the future. Now would be the perfect time to add that Monkey Island game I keep talking about to your download queue. 800 points for 800 laughs you can't lose.

Old 05-10-2013, 02:46 PM   #5
Delta3519

Delta3519's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Subscriber - Silver   Staff Club - troy0891   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Great interview and congrats to Madhatters13
Delta3519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:18 PM   #6
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
These are getting longer and longer by the interview but much better!

Kung Fu Rainbow Lazer Force
Starting GSL13 Gamerscore: 211,477

Current Gamerscore: GAMERTAG

Nozza XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:26 PM   #7
Delta3519

Delta3519's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Subscriber - Silver   Staff Club - troy0891   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozza x360a View Post
Yes they are, by the time I get to have one it will be 10 pages long
That's going to take forever to type though
Delta3519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:34 PM   #8
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
I saw a call out to Casually Motivated.

Yup. *Sits back casually smiling.*

You have to get on the train in the beginning when things are still changing and everything is rough, unpolished, and incomplete in order to enjoy the bliss found at your stop.
THE DEADLY DOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:38 PM   #9
jackanape
Duchess Gummybuns

jackanape's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozza x360a View Post
Dude sent me five PM's with his answers. That's why it took me five days to post - as I just couldn't be arsed, ha ha!

Worked out well in the end though. Some good stuff here.

Old 05-10-2013, 03:55 PM   #10
Capn Doug
Community and Events Lead

Capn Doug XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Ceris   Staff Club - rekikire   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Platinum   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 2   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 50 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta3519 View Post
They get more entertaining, too. The more customized questions have been buying me a ticket for the giggle train.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:22 PM   #11
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Great interview dude.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:20 PM   #12
StayonTarget
Chumps and Chumpettes!

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Great interview and a fun read guys.

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:23 PM   #13
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Donator - Level 4   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Gold   x360a Representer   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - DeekBoy   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Micro Guide - Emerald
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Great interview Mr. Hatters It's a shame you didn't get the bridge pic, Jackanape must be playing favourites. (i did throw the odd degrading ass-kissing comment in mine though, it never hurts.)
Old 05-10-2013, 11:06 PM   #14
TemporalWizard
Guide Team

TemporalWizard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - troy0891   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Great read as always!
TemporalWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:42 PM   #15
Spade.

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Good read. (Wait everyone's said that, MUST think of something original.)

Um..hhhhhi... ._.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:39 AM   #16
Corrupt.
Groin Grabbingly Good

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Moderator   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Platinum   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold
Total Awards: 48 (more» ...)
A great read once again, these are getting better by the month. Where do I sign up to be re-interviewed?

Currently Working on: Victorious: Time to Shine
Corrupt. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:21 AM   #17
DEG23
Второй акт

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Interesting read into the mad world of Hatter's
Old 05-11-2013, 02:13 PM   #18
HadMatters13
Mod/Maximum Clubs' Jester

Send a message via Skype™ to HadMatters13

Madhatters13's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - Madhatters13   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 4   1,000 Posts   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Forza 3 Subscribers Tournament- Winner   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 Winners   Castle Crashers Subscribers Tourn. - Second Place
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Thanks everyone for the kind words. Writing this out was an interesting way to spend last weekend. It beat biology revision hands down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta3519 View Post
When they start getting this long we'll have to shed a collective tear for Jackanape's PM box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DEADLY DOG View Post
I saw a call out to Casually Motivated.

Yup. *Sits back casually smiling.*
I couldn't let the opportunity pass without a shoutout to the great Casually Motivated. Those were good days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
Great interview Mr. Hatters It's a shame you didn't get the bridge pic, Jackanape must be playing favourites. (i did throw the odd degrading ass-kissing comment in mine though, it never hurts.)
Thanks Scotty. That might have been the difference. I thought I'd done a good enough job to get a bridge pic too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupt x360a View Post
A great read once again, these are getting better by the month. Where do I sign up to be re-interviewed?
I think that would be pretty neat to re-interview members who answered the old fixed set of questions at some point.

~ Thanks to troy for the innocent looking hamster! ~
~ Feelings grow into hopes || Ready for Persona 5 and Dreamfall Chapters! ~
~ Swashbucklin' Diplomas for all || Xbox One Points Breakdown || Tales from the Jester's tower ~
HadMatters13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:52 PM   #19
kaleido42
CET

Send a message via Skype™ to kaleido42

kaleido42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - kaleido42   Community Gaming - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Donator - Level 5   Staff - Community and Events Team   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Platinum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatters13 View Post
I was over the moon when I was given the chance to help out the site as a staff member. I've always just really liked helping people out whenever I can, and when the opportunity to join this team came up I just had to put my name down. I'm a big fan of those warm and fuzzy feelings that come from helping others. The guys who have been a part of the Maximum Club team with me have all been brilliant too bplayak, hodge, Deekboy, KillerBEA, kaleido and Asian.
You just had to call me out by name and remind me of what I gave up, thanks a lot!

Awesome read though, just keep getting better and better (Aside from the lack of bridge...)

Thanks for the sig Rajeanero!
kaleido42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:38 AM   #20
KillerBEA
New Job!

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Community Gaming - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
Awesome read Hatters.

I saw that call out, *fist bump*. It was a pleasure to work on the max clubs with you. (I promise to harass you with more updates soon)
KillerBEA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 01:48 AM   #21
Kairi

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Tri-Gamer Tournament - Runner Up   A+ Thread Award   Staff - Moderator   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver
Total Awards: 24 (more» ...)
Great interview, and congratulations Madhatters! I think I may have to get Monkey Island if it is truly Avagadro's constant in greatness. XD

Quote:
I thought I'd done a good enough job to get a bridge pic too.
I think you definitely did well enough to deserve a bridge picture! I found one for you here since jackanape didn't give you one. :P
Kairi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:53 PM   #22
HadMatters13

Madhatters13's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - Madhatters13   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 4   1,000 Posts   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Forza 3 Subscribers Tournament- Winner   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 Winners   Castle Crashers Subscribers Tourn. - Second Place
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleido42 View Post
You just had to call me out by name and remind me of what I gave up, thanks a lot!

Awesome read though, just keep getting better and better (Aside from the lack of bridge...)
Thanks man. You're most welcome. We had some good times together working on the clubs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBEA View Post
Awesome read Hatters.

I saw that call out, *fist bump*. It was a pleasure to work on the max clubs with you. (I promise to harass you with more updates soon)
Likewise. I look forward to you giving us more work to do. And don't forget to keep playing Jak and Daxter. I want a full sit-rep by the end of the week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairi View Post
Great interview, and congratulations Madhatters! I think I may have to get Monkey Island if it is truly Avagadro's constant in greatness. XD

I think you definitely did well enough to deserve a bridge picture! I found one for you here since jackanape didn't give you one. :P
Thank you, I'd certainly recommend buying Monkey Island (shocking turnabout, I know. ). I need to turn my attention to finishing the second game now - have been putting that off for way too long.

I love that bridge too. Suspension bridges > all other bridges from this day forth. Thank you.

~ Swashbucklin' Diplomas for all || Xbox One Points Breakdown || Tales from the Jester's tower ~
Old 05-13-2013, 05:55 PM   #23
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Donator - Level 4   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Gold   x360a Representer   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - DeekBoy   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Micro Guide - Emerald
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairi View Post

Quote:

I love that bridge too. Suspension bridges > all other bridges from this day forth. Thank you.
Awww! No fair. that bridge is way bigger than mine.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:00 PM   #24
HadMatters13

Madhatters13's Gamercard

Quote:
If I'm honest, that is the exact comparison I made when I saw it. Your bridge was red though.

Old 05-13-2013, 06:18 PM   #25
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
If I'm honest, that is the exact comparison I made when I saw it. Your bridge was red though.
So not only is yours bigger, but mines an unnatural red colour too! We're still talking bridges here, right?
Old 05-13-2013, 10:17 PM   #26
Kairi

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Tri-Gamer Tournament - Runner Up   A+ Thread Award   Staff - Moderator   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver
Total Awards: 24 (more» ...)
Quote:
Thank you, I'd certainly recommend buying Monkey Island (shocking turnabout, I know. ). I need to turn my attention to finishing the second game now - have been putting that off for way too long.

You're welcome! I'll buy Monkey Island once I have the points and when I finish some more of my games (I currently have quite the backlog right now :/). You definitely need to play the second one if you love the first one so much! XD

I also love the bridge, which is why I chose it. That bridge is located in Japan and it looks awesome!
Quote:
Well, it is the longest suspension bridge in the world, so of course it is going to be bigger! Your bridge is awesome too though!
Kairi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:34 AM   #27
KillerBEA
New Job!

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Community Gaming - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
Quote:
Likewise. I look forward to you giving us more work to do. And don't forget to keep playing Jak and Daxter. I want a full sit-rep by the end of the week.
I have been slacking so hard on Jak and Daxter

lol can I just give you the full list, not 10 at a time? :P

Last edited by KillerBEA; 05-15-2013 at 09:16 PM.
KillerBEA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:54 AM   #28
jackanape
Duchess Gummybuns

jackanape's Gamercard

THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE BRIDGES TO SHARE!!!!

You kids better simmer down *shakes fist* or there will be no more bridges for ANYONE!

Old 05-14-2013, 09:10 AM   #29
Corrupt.
Groin Grabbingly Good

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Moderator   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Platinum   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold
Total Awards: 48 (more» ...)

Currently Working on: Victorious: Time to Shine
Corrupt. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:16 AM   #30
jackanape
Duchess Gummybuns

jackanape's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupt x360a View Post
That's not the bridge we need, but it's the bridge you guys deserve. Mwa ha ha!