Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Announcements
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 12:58 PM   #1
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Send a message via MSN to The Pants Party

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Submit - Diamond
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Revamped Leaderboards, Genre Leaderboards and Social Media Links!

All three of these features went live late yesterday. See Webb's announcement on the main page here, you can see the social media clickies below the post. This should also fix the gamercards on the various places throughout the site. Enjoy!

Quote:
Ever wanted to see how your Gamerscore compares to the rest of the biggest achievement chasing community on the leaderboard? Course you do. Furthermore, ever wanted to see how you rank in certain genre leaderboards? See how many achievements you have from RPGs or sports games? See your completion percentage in those brackets? The answer should be a resounding yes, especially if you’re reading this post. Then, my friends, you’re in luck.

Here at X360A we’re always busy beavering away behind the scenes. Whether it’s us sorting out our MCM London Comic Con stage show or whether its Aleks feeding and disciplining the server hamsters, the fact remains that we’re always working on new and cool things, and today we’re proud to announce and unveil the latest feature: the new community leaderboards.

Aleks has been knee deep in stats and Gamerscore for sometime now, refining what is the coolest addition the site has had for quite sometime. The community leaderboards not only give you a wealth of stats (see below), but they’re all automated as well, meaning if you’re a regular member of the community, you don’t need to do anything, you’ll be up on there.

Firstly, what constitutes a “regular member of the community”? Well, simple, it’s this:

- Have 50 forum posts.
- Have posted in the last 60 days.

That’s nothing to regular forum goers, after all, we do have thousands upon thousands of threads of juicy and awesome content. It’s worth nothing that the requirements and such aren’t set in stone either, and we’re likely to tweak them to find the happy balance that appeases the vast majority of our huge userbase – which is harder than it sounds!

To get added all you need to do is have your GT attached to your forum profile and then our crazy script squirrels will do the rest. It’s that easy.

"So, what do these new leaderboards offer?" "Well, that’s a good question, Dan, you’re growing up to be a rather outstanding person, your mother will be proud… ish." The new leaderboards offer:

- Your score, your rank, how many achievements you’ve unlocked, your completion percentage and your country.
- The above in all 14 genres, from obscure genres like “Card and Board” and “Puzzle and Word,” to more popular genres like “Shooter” and “RPG.”
- The genre leaderboards also shows your genre overall completion percentage amount!

You can even click on people and see their profile from there, from their wishlists and collections, and recent games, to their maxed out games, checklists and their achievement case.
This isn’t the finished product either, we’ll be adding to it and refining it from here on out. Whether it’s more stats or more integration into your user profile, we’re going to keep working on this till the end of our days.

That’s not all either. Today we’re also launching our new social media links too (to Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus – for now), so you can click on these links and share your favourite stories, lists, guides, reviews and what not, with the rest of the world with little to no effort. It means you can show the rest of the world how awesome we are, thus enabling us to grow quicker and give you even more cooler things, and more importantly, it gets us closer to world domination – and yes, we’re bringing you for the ride along with us!

Sorry about all the obscure animal references… I shouldn’t have written this on an empty stomach, but we hope you enjoy the new features we’ve added and we hope too many of you don’t get obsessed over your completion percentage… like me… my completion percentage for racing games is far too low! 40%!? I need to play more Forza Horizon…
(P.S. #1 in RPG, baby! )

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech
The real question is: where was your penis?
Old 05-17-2013, 01:20 PM   #2
Whiskey Minor
Banned User

Awesomesause
Old 05-17-2013, 01:28 PM   #3
Delta3519
Unstoppable Chaos

Delta3519's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Subscriber - Silver   Staff Club - troy0891   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Looks cool
Can't wait to check it out
Old 05-17-2013, 01:44 PM   #4
StayonTarget
It's a Carton!

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Submit - Diamond
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Nice work guys! It's great to see all of this up and running.

I know you just got a big task out of the way but I've got to ask. Any idea if we'll be able to link to Twitter, YouTube, and Facebook under our usernames in the near future?

Last edited by StayonTarget; 05-17-2013 at 02:00 PM.
Old 05-17-2013, 02:29 PM   #5
Skorpion XBA
Prepping for Battle

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Platinum   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   CABS Beta Tester   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 2   XBA Representer   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
I noticed it this morning and it's pretty awesome. Great work guys!
Old 05-17-2013, 02:40 PM   #6
Tatanko
Ductus Exemplo

Tatanko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 4   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Looking good! The leaderboards are definitely interesting and the additional social media integration is always welcome.
Old 05-17-2013, 02:52 PM   #7
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Pretty stoked I'm in the top #500 (#458) of the site. Pretty happy to see the correct completion % to. At least I know the game/completions are organised right, compared to other sites!

Quick question though. Does this mean the GT's on the left in the mini-profile will be/get fixed with the new updates?

Last edited by Nozza XBA; 05-17-2013 at 02:57 PM.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:03 PM   #8
AmbaLaBamba

AmbaLaBamba's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Gamer Chick!

This is awesome news! Looks good too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozza x360a View Post
Pretty stoked I'm in the top #500 (#458) of the site. Pretty happy to see the correct completion % to. At least I know the game/completions are organised right, compared to other sites!

Quick question though. Does this mean the GT's on the left in the mini-profile will be/get fixed with the new updates?
I'm just over 500 hundred, now... I just need to get all my games out and play them all to death! Muahahaha!

Old 05-17-2013, 03:07 PM   #9
Skorpion XBA
Prepping for Battle

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Platinum   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   CABS Beta Tester   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 2   XBA Representer   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbaLaBamba View Post

This is awesome news! Looks good too.

I'm just over 500 hundred, now... I just need to get all my games out and play them all to death! Muahahaha!
Love the gif! I was close to 200 before the change, now I'm at 350.

Last edited by Skorpion XBA; 05-17-2013 at 04:22 PM.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:38 PM   #10
Tatanko
Ductus Exemplo

Tatanko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 4   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Quote:
The one under my name in posts works properly now (it's current and not a year out of date anymore), but the one on my profile page in the top right corner still doesn't load... but the one that's in the top right on EVERY page does. Hmm. Still some work to do I'd say
Old 05-17-2013, 03:54 PM   #11
Barad
Reading 50 Shades of Grey

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891   Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   15,000 Posts
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:
Pretty stoked I'm in the top #500 (#458) of the site. Pretty
I'm one place ahead of you!

**Work of Jardinho**
Old 05-17-2013, 04:04 PM   #12
Capn Doug
Community Completionist

Capn Doug XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Green Thumb - Bronze   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - Rajeanero   XBA Representer   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   Donator - Level 5
Total Awards: 39 (more» ...)
Looking amazing. Though I must say, I think I need to get a move on with some of these dancing games in the backlog. I'm only #4 on the Music and Rhythm leaderboard. Worst genre is Shooter (unsurprisingly) where I am all the way down at #1328.

It's worth noting that the leaderboard link in the "achievements" section of the main page does not work, though.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:05 PM   #13
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
I'm one place ahead of you!

Old 05-17-2013, 04:52 PM   #14
Spade.
Speedrunning

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

jacob xba's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place   Submit - Silver   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Good work guys, keep it up!

Was really hoping for this to fix the gamertag issue, but beggars can't be chosers I suppose.

Quick question, if anyone knows the answer, my old gamertag works when I put that as my tag, but my current one doesn't. What does this mean?

Last edited by Spade.; 05-17-2013 at 04:56 PM.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:18 PM   #15
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade. View Post
Quick question, if anyone knows the answer, my old gamertag works when I put that as my tag, but my current one doesn't. What does this mean?
I have the same thing. I may be because it's been stored before the whole thing crashed, meaning it can still be pulled up from the database...

Old 05-17-2013, 05:42 PM   #16
kaleido42

Send a message via Skype™ to kaleido42

kaleido42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Community Gaming - Silver   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Donator - Level 4   Subscriber - Platinum   Submit - Emerald   Staff Club - Minty   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
I have to say that I really like how these turned out. The issue I've had with TA's leaderboards is that they were so slow to load. I have to wait several seconds over there every time I change the filtering. Over here it's less than a second, very nice! Also like that it shows what percentage I've completed of all games in a given genre, not just what I've played. Keep up the good work, excited to hear of these possible future updates Webb speaks of

Thanks for the sig Rajeanero!
Old 05-17-2013, 05:43 PM   #17
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   5,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Just a quick question. Would it be possible to add a sort by country option? The countries are already listed, so I assume "Country Leaderboards" might be appreciated by a lot of people.

Otherwise, nice implementation.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:20 PM   #18
JJBDude

Send a message via MSN to JJBDude

JJBDude48's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Just been over 2 months since my last post so writing one now so that it will hopefully update and add me to the leaderboards. Am interested to see where I stand

Text
Old 05-17-2013, 08:39 PM   #19
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Wow guys that is awesome! This will grab some of the TA crowd that are not already members here as well.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:38 PM   #20
stophj

StophJ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Genre Competition - Third Place   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Gold   Word of Mouth   PAX Meet 2010   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Those new leaderboards look sweet. Good Job to all those involved.

I'm totally not just posting in here to get myself on the leaderboard.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:50 PM   #21
Corrupt.
̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(◕_◕)=ε/̵͇̿̿

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GRID 2 Award   Staff - Guide Team   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Gold   Community Gaming - Gold   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 2   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 34 (more» ...)
Looks great, good job guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
I'm 50 shades of retarded
Old 05-18-2013, 12:45 AM   #22
Kairi
Guide and Award Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   CABS Beta Tester   Green Thumb - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Community Gaming - Silver   Submit - Emerald   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   The Helping Hand   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
I'm glad to see this live now as well as the completion percentages for each category!

Thank you KillerBEA for the avatar and Rajeanero for the signature!

Mords-toi la langue, tu vas finir par me plaire...
Je ne me passe plus de vous. Je ne me passe plus de tout...

Old 05-18-2013, 12:46 AM   #23
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Looks good fellas, rank 607!

Don't think my GC is fixed though.
Old 05-18-2013, 01:02 AM   #24
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Staff - Administrator   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Submit - Emerald   Community Gaming - Silver
Total Awards: 35 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
Just a quick question. Would it be possible to add a sort by country option? The countries are already listed, so I assume "Country Leaderboards" might be appreciated by a lot of people.

Otherwise, nice implementation.
That will be coming, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade. View Post
Good work guys, keep it up!

Was really hoping for this to fix the gamertag issue, but beggars can't be chosers I suppose.

That means that we still have a few bugs to work out, but we didn't want to wait on the leaderboard part any longer. We will get them working shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stophj View Post
Those new leaderboards look sweet. Good Job to all those involved.

I'm totally not just posting in here to get myself on the leaderboard.
LOL! I see what you did there, Stoph...be interesting to see if you kick me down on the Simulation leaderboard. Not worried about the Strategy one at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
Looks good fellas, rank 607!

Don't think my GC is fixed though.
Yeah, we are using you as a test case actually. Keep it as Spanish Assault if you could.
Old 05-18-2013, 01:30 AM   #25
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
That will be coming, yes.

That means that we still have a few bugs to work out, but we didn't want to wait on the leaderboard part any longer. We will get them working shortly.

LOL! I see what you did there, Stoph...be interesting to see if you kick me down on the Simulation leaderboard. Not worried about the Strategy one at all.

Yeah, we are using you as a test case actually. Keep it as Spanish Assault if you could.
Done....thanks!
Old 05-18-2013, 02:09 AM   #26
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Is stealth not a genre on the site? I could have sworn it was...but now I cant find any games categorized as that. Lol...Has it ever been a genre or am I just an idiot?
Old 05-18-2013, 02:13 AM   #27
Ceris
Why So Ceris?

Tragic Melody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Ceris   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxxy kyle View Post
Is stealth not a genre on the site? I could have sworn it was...but now I cant find any games categorized as that. Lol...Has it ever been a genre or am I just an idiot?
Stealth is a type of Action or Adventure game (one of those 2, not sure which ) and just gets categorized as one of those.

Helping Hand Award Nominations || Please disable your ad blocker for XBA!
Quote:
An ad blocker prevents the ad from loading in the first place, and the counter is on the ad's side, not the site's. As such, an ad blocker stops the increment from going up and no revenue is generated as a result of your page views.
Old 05-18-2013, 02:34 AM   #28
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Send a message via MSN to The Pants Party

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Submit - Diamond
Quote:
You can find info on where we put all the types of games here:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=421779

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Quote:
The real question is: where was your penis?
Old 05-18-2013, 02:42 AM   #29
Corrupt.
̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(◕_◕)=ε/̵͇̿̿

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GRID 2 Award   Staff - Guide Team   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Gold   Community Gaming - Gold   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 2   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 34 (more» ...)
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
I'm 50 shades of retarded
Old 05-18-2013, 02:45 AM   #30
stophj

StophJ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Genre Competition - Third Place   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Gold   Word of Mouth   PAX Meet 2010   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
The only leaderboard I will bump anyone down is "Gamer ADD" I rule at that... and I may be near the top in money wasted.