PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Ms. Splosion Man
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2011, 02:54 PM   #1
gemnian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 48

SorryImSoAce's Gamercard
Does this game make anyone else feel like they are sub-human? lol

I loved the 1st splosion man, I completed everything (apart from hardcore of course as that is just 100% a joke), but this game is just STUPID in terms of difficulty and distance between checkpoints. It's very cool don't get me wrong but I am on the 2nd world now and man it's just frustrating. Even some parts of the 1st world were a joke lol.

Am I just less reactive than other humans or is anyone else feeling the same? It's driving me crazy
gemnian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:38 PM   #2
Scrubber
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 161

Scrubber89's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemnian View Post
I loved the 1st splosion man, I completed everything (apart from hardcore of course as that is just 100% a joke), but this game is just STUPID in terms of difficulty and distance between checkpoints. It's very cool don't get me wrong but I am on the 2nd world now and man it's just frustrating. Even some parts of the 1st world were a joke lol.

Am I just less reactive than other humans or is anyone else feeling the same? It's driving me crazy
Well i've just recently completed hardcore mode and that definately drove me crazy, the level of difficulty in the third world is unreal. The game is hard WITH checkpoints.
Scrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:50 PM   #3
gemnian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 48

SorryImSoAce's Gamercard
TOO hard I say... :-(

Congrats on finishing hardcore, I must be a noob because I can't even complete the game on regular mode lol.
gemnian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:10 AM   #4
Didi Mau
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Essex, England
Posts: 1,260
Send a message via MSN to Didi Mau

CuriousJewbeard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Gold   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I found it harder than the first 'Splosion Man when I was doing my normal difficulty playthrough, but found it to be pretty much the same difficulty after playing them a second time round for the hardcore playthrough. I think it has more of those Sonic the Hedgehog/Limbo style hazards that you're more likely to die than survive on the first attempt due to them being off-camera until the very last moment, but that's not really true difficulty because it doesn't happen the second time (hopefully, haha ).
Didi Mau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 02:48 AM   #5
SCA KAZUMA
 
SCA KAZUMA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Johnson City, TN
Posts: 160

burnshadow's Gamercard
I haven't been able to put my finger on it, but there is just something about this game that makes me not even want to play it, even though the first one is amazing.

I think it might be the fact that it feels like more of the same, and the level select on the Mario-style map takes too long. Then again, it might be the fact that the camera is zoomed out so far, it's hard to see what I'm up against. Or maybe it's even the annoying banter Ms. Splosion Man spews out that was only mildly funny the first time, let alone aggravating at later points.

In any case, this game may have cool new features (how awesome are the zip-lines?), but it's merely a shadow cast by the first game.

As far as the difficulty, it doesn't seem like it's much harder than the first. It does have some newer ideas that require more outside-the-box thinking, but if one darts from point A to point B, it isn't that difficult, and most levels can be completed within 2 minutes of the par time, from what I've experienced.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by exo-apollo View Post
Hahaa, it's the same thing that happened when I put my dick in my xbox.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atanatos View Post
I feel the same way sometimes. I sometimes search the forums for questions that people may have, only to find they are rudely referred to google or how they dare not to search the entire forum before they post the question, because someting similar can be found in the archives of 2007.
100%
See My Profile


Last edited by SCA KAZUMA; 08-03-2011 at 02:58 AM.
SCA KAZUMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:59 PM   #6
Frazerz1990
 
Frazerz1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Plymouth
Posts: 522

Frazerz1990's Gamercard
I hate this game with a passion, so whenever I complete a level which I'm usually waaaaaaaay over the time average of whatever I get a lot of satisfaction of, 'Thank f*** thats over!'
__________________
Special thanks to Rajeanero
Frazerz1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:16 PM   #7
Agent Mantis
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Cornwall
Posts: 51

Agent Mantis's Gamercard
I'm just not enjoying it, it feels like luck>skill. The camera swings around wildly, zooming in and out, giving the game an extra layer of difficulty.
__________________
We took the lyrics from the Necronimicon, the book of the dead, you may of heard this one before but not for the last few thousand years...
Agent Mantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:57 PM   #8
PrinceRules64
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 9

PrinceRules64's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemnian View Post
I loved the 1st splosion man, I completed everything (apart from hardcore of course as that is just 100% a joke), but this game is just STUPID in terms of difficulty and distance between checkpoints. It's very cool don't get me wrong but...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA KAZUMA View Post
I haven't been able to put my finger on it, but there is just something about this game that makes me not even want to play it, even though the first one is amazing.
I fully completed the original splosion man, even blasting through Hardcore, but I feel quite the same... I was getting tired of it even in the first world, I persevered into the second world but I don't ever feel motivated to go back to it. Which is sad, because I know it's such a good game, but like you say I can't figure out why it tires me out so much. Is it because every success feels like only a small step on the almost-50-level-long path...?
There's no question it's great value. I dread hardcore mode though.
PrinceRules64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:31 PM.