PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Ms. Splosion Man
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-28-2011, 02:54 PM   #1
gemnian

SorryImSoAce's Gamercard
Does this game make anyone else feel like they are sub-human? lol

I loved the 1st splosion man, I completed everything (apart from hardcore of course as that is just 100% a joke), but this game is just STUPID in terms of difficulty and distance between checkpoints. It's very cool don't get me wrong but I am on the 2nd world now and man it's just frustrating. Even some parts of the 1st world were a joke lol.

Am I just less reactive than other humans or is anyone else feeling the same? It's driving me crazy
gemnian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:38 PM   #2
Scrubber

Scrubber89's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemnian View Post
I loved the 1st splosion man, I completed everything (apart from hardcore of course as that is just 100% a joke), but this game is just STUPID in terms of difficulty and distance between checkpoints. It's very cool don't get me wrong but I am on the 2nd world now and man it's just frustrating. Even some parts of the 1st world were a joke lol.

Am I just less reactive than other humans or is anyone else feeling the same? It's driving me crazy
Well i've just recently completed hardcore mode and that definately drove me crazy, the level of difficulty in the third world is unreal. The game is hard WITH checkpoints.
Scrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:50 PM   #3
gemnian

SorryImSoAce's Gamercard
TOO hard I say... :-(

Congrats on finishing hardcore, I must be a noob because I can't even complete the game on regular mode lol.
gemnian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:10 AM   #4
Didi Mau

Send a message via MSN to Didi Mau

CuriousJewbeard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Gold   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I found it harder than the first 'Splosion Man when I was doing my normal difficulty playthrough, but found it to be pretty much the same difficulty after playing them a second time round for the hardcore playthrough. I think it has more of those Sonic the Hedgehog/Limbo style hazards that you're more likely to die than survive on the first attempt due to them being off-camera until the very last moment, but that's not really true difficulty because it doesn't happen the second time (hopefully, haha ).
Didi Mau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 02:48 AM   #5
SCA KAZUMA

burnshadow's Gamercard
I haven't been able to put my finger on it, but there is just something about this game that makes me not even want to play it, even though the first one is amazing.

I think it might be the fact that it feels like more of the same, and the level select on the Mario-style map takes too long. Then again, it might be the fact that the camera is zoomed out so far, it's hard to see what I'm up against. Or maybe it's even the annoying banter Ms. Splosion Man spews out that was only mildly funny the first time, let alone aggravating at later points.

In any case, this game may have cool new features (how awesome are the zip-lines?), but it's merely a shadow cast by the first game.

As far as the difficulty, it doesn't seem like it's much harder than the first. It does have some newer ideas that require more outside-the-box thinking, but if one darts from point A to point B, it isn't that difficult, and most levels can be completed within 2 minutes of the par time, from what I've experienced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atanatos View Post
I feel the same way sometimes. I sometimes search the forums for questions that people may have, only to find they are rudely referred to google or how they dare not to search the entire forum before they post the question, because someting similar can be found in the archives of 2007.
100%
See My Profile

Last edited by SCA KAZUMA; 08-03-2011 at 02:58 AM.
SCA KAZUMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:59 PM   #6
Frazerz1990

Frazerz1990's Gamercard
I hate this game with a passion, so whenever I complete a level which I'm usually waaaaaaaay over the time average of whatever I get a lot of satisfaction of, 'Thank f*** thats over!'
Old 06-01-2012, 06:16 PM   #7
Agent Mantis

Agent Mantis's Gamercard
I'm just not enjoying it, it feels like luck>skill. The camera swings around wildly, zooming in and out, giving the game an extra layer of difficulty.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:57 PM   #8
PrinceRules64

PrinceRules64's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemnian View Post
I loved the 1st splosion man, I completed everything (apart from hardcore of course as that is just 100% a joke), but this game is just STUPID in terms of difficulty and distance between checkpoints. It's very cool don't get me wrong but...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA KAZUMA View Post
I haven't been able to put my finger on it, but there is just something about this game that makes me not even want to play it, even though the first one is amazing.
I fully completed the original splosion man, even blasting through Hardcore, but I feel quite the same... I was getting tired of it even in the first world, I persevered into the second world but I don't ever feel motivated to go back to it. Which is sad, because I know it's such a good game, but like you say I can't figure out why it tires me out so much. Is it because every success feels like only a small step on the almost-50-level-long path...?
There's no question it's great value. I dread hardcore mode though.
PrinceRules64 is offline   Reply With Quote