PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War: Judgment
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-21-2013, 05:00 AM   #1
MetallicaPhil

Phil MAN UTD's Gamercard
Disappointed with Judgement

Definitely feel this game has gone downhill. And will continue to do so.
MetallicaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:09 AM   #2
Quantum Binman

Quantum Binman's Gamercard
Thanks for posting this. Haven't seen a thread like this for about an hour so was getting worried.

I appreciate how much thought you put into justifying your points, it's a very refreshing outlook!
Quantum Binman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:40 AM   #3
Bunglist

Hardy Bunglist's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum Binman View Post
Thanks for posting this. Haven't seen a thread like this for about an hour so was getting worried.

I appreciate how much thought you put into justifying your points, it's a very refreshing outlook!
It really is a brilliantly thought out and original post, definitely warrants its own thread.
Bunglist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:08 AM   #4
Ninja Eagle

Captain Cotchy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Definitely persuaded me.

Ninja Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:43 AM   #5
Barad
High on Life!

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Maybe he was trying to get his 5 posts.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:42 AM   #6
Darkrenegade25

xMvPxVeNGeAnCe's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
Maybe he was trying to get his 5 posts.
Maybe. Or he was .
Old 05-21-2013, 12:12 PM   #7
Blackest Metal

Darth Stinkius's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetallicaPhil View Post
Definitely feel this game has gone downhill. And will continue to do so.
Kinda hard to go downhill when its at rock bottom to begin with

Meh, if the medals werent so easy to Onyx I wouldnt grind this game hah

Blackest Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:57 PM   #8
Quantum Binman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunglist View Post
It really is a brilliantly thought out and original post, definitely warrants its own thread.
I didnt really mind Judgment until now, but he persuaded me to destroy the disc, and then take a shit in the box and post it to Epic.

How could I have been so wrong about it?!?
Old 05-21-2013, 04:54 PM   #9
xRaW CaRNage x

Send a message via Yahoo to xRaW CaRNage x Send a message via Skype™ to xRaW CaRNage x

xRaw Carnage's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum Binman View Post
I didnt really mind Judgment until now, but he persuaded me to destroy the disc, and then take a shit in the box and post it to Epic.

How could I have been so wrong about it?!?
Yeah no shit.

I mean seriously. if everyone made a thread about how they felt about a game etc , the forums would be packed with bullshit. So bitch in the apropriate threads.

(No to go throw my game out the window)
xRaW CaRNage x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:29 PM   #10
clifford 619

Clifford619's Gamercard
Gears of war judgment has it's faults: no horde, no beast etc etc but overrun is a great game mode and the campaign is actually a pretty good arcade game, I like playing it, and if I want to play horde I just go back to GOW3. The achievements are pretty dull, but they were on GOW3 as well.
clifford 619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:55 PM   #11
a fat turkey

a fat turkey's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by clifford 619 View Post
Gears of war judgment has it's faults: no horde, no beast etc etc but overrun is a great game mode and the campaign is actually a pretty good arcade game, I like playing it, and if I want to play horde I just go back to GOW3. The achievements are pretty dull, but they were on GOW3 as well.
But Judgment is a retail game! A retail game that I spent $60 on that has less content than a lot of $10-$15 arcade games. Not to mention Horde basically became a major part of Gears when it was added into Gears 2. How often do you see people call any survival mode in a new game a "Horde like" game mode? Sure Gears 2 wasn't the first game to have a survival mode in it, but that isn't the point. It became so popular and so many players love it, so what do they do? They get rid of it completely (probably in an attempt to sell it again at a later date). That was one of Judgments terrible ideas.

As for Beast, it was a relatively small mode that not too many players cared for. It was very quick and didn't have much content. But it was still fun, and still better than most of Judgment. I would have liked to see them build on it more, add more characters like Grinders and Reavers, maybe make it more waves and add more enemies onto the COG side and make it a little more challenging. But I guess that was too much effort on Epic's side, so they just got rid of it instead. Terrible idea #2.

Then the Campaign, if it can even be classified as a Campaign, was nothing but go into a room, shoot things, end section, go into next confined area, shoot more things, accept stupid mission to run around like dipshits with cleavers trying to kill ragers that insta-kill you, die, repeat, have a chance because enemies changed, still die, retry and get ragers again, die. Then you try to rely on AI, you go down, they walk slowly towards you, stop next to you, look around, you bleed out and die. Then when you finish the Campaign, you realize that only 4 hours have passed and you laugh at how short and pointless the whole thing was, still pissed that the entire Campaign was just go into little sections and shoot stuff, while your character narrates whats happening, forgetting the part about when they died from a rager (why flashback missions are stupid). Terrible idea #3.

Onto Survival, which is Overrun with bots and you only play on COG side. Just a bunch of enemies running into fences and trying to open a hole. Pointless. Stupid. "Evolution of Horde" says Epic. Terrible idea #4

Multiplayer, you decide to play some FFA, you spawn, take a few steps, wondering why a bunch of Gears are shooting each other. Then you get killed from behind because someone spawned behind you. When you re-spawn, you take a few steps, then get shottied in the back. Enough FFA, move onto Domination. You play a little bit, then remember it is just a CoD game mode, so you move onto TDM. Join in late, team sucks and you lose, try playing next match, team all quits and other team keeps killing your bots, other team wins and trash talks you. So you go play Overrun. Oh wait, Overrun is a pointless, gimmicky mode to try and show off Epic's "awesome" new class system. Gears doesn't need classes Epic.

And after all of this, you realize "Hey! I haven't played as locust yet! Oh right, they got rid of locust in multiplayer!". All because Epic was like "Our awesome new armor skins don't look so great on locust, so instead of scrapping the awesome armor skin idea, lets get rid of locust! They aren't important anyway.". All just so that you can have a bunch of pink macho men with rainbow guns running around with the selection of like 8 characters....

P.S. Sorry about that. I got mad.
a fat turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:19 PM   #12
xRaW CaRNage x

Send a message via Yahoo to xRaW CaRNage x Send a message via Skype™ to xRaW CaRNage x

xRaw Carnage's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Good post and I agree with a lot of this. I'm just hoping when and if they release a gears 4 they will learn from the mistakes they have made. Especially taking out horde was a big one to a lot of people.

Myself am more of a competitive player and was disappointed with the lack of maps and the size of them. I do feel like most of the weapons are balanced in the game. The gnasher is my prefered weapon and it is pretty random . But In close its just as consistent as all other gears games. Also the retro isn't overpowered like gears 3. I'm finding that the lancer is the most dominant gun in the game. Overall the mp is ok. Need more characters and better maps. And the biggest disappointment is no locust!!!!!!!

Survival is boring imo. Only played it for the medal and achievements.

Overrun is surprisingly fun . Would like more locust and more cog choices. Maybe be able to mix different rifles in to the players who support lancers/ rifles. Overall not to bad.

Campaign was sub par. Not much to say about it. Quick and not even that diffucult
Old 05-25-2013, 07:49 AM   #13
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Turkey, you have some good points but also maybe a bit of exageration. I was the first to trash talk GOWJ lately, but im starting to think i was a bit harsh. I played recently and in all fairness, if GOW3 didn't exist, the game would be nice enought. The problem is, we got great with GOW3, its hard to go back to GOOD. The game can be fun sometimes, some new guns are cool and all, its just that there decision where pretty bad as you mentioned.

for exemple...

1) COG vs COG
2) Pink macho men armor skins(loved that comment lol)
3) Bizarre map design definately made for FFA and not TDM and even less execution
4) No Down

And 5, my biggest complain, how the frags are everywhere in this game... They are my most hated factor and even if i use them too like everybody and they sometimes pull me out of the hot water, i wish they would had remain a pick up weapon... there is just too much all over the place and more often than not they consist of 50% of my deaths in a game... The fact you can even replenish them trough amo box is the worst.

Then yes the campaign is pretty lame, as you pointed out its more or less a series of open door, shoot everything, move to next section, with 75% of cut scenes being the squad opening the door... GOW3 didn't had that bad feeling. You had the impression to actually unwrap a story, even if GOW was always about shooting stuff and moving to next zone. Storywise it was as thin as a paper page...

But some things like the absence of horde... well to be fairly honest there aint that much difference between horde and survival. Maybe i say that because i was never a huge fan of horde.. but more or less horde was always about protecting the base, building fences and turrets and stuff to stop the locust. Now i guess the main difference is that they don't go after your life but after an object you got to protect and i understand some people don't like it. Me first, i prefered to protect my life rather than something else... But again i can definately see why they put survival and what was there idea behind it.

I think they understand now that people prefered horde as it was, so they are probably gonna bring it back a simplier way in the next gow, but can't blame them for having try to evolve it...

As for Beast as you pointed out, many didn't care, and if it was fun for 30 min at the beginning, i got tired pretty quick of it and many people too, i don't think it needed to return.

In any case, im sure epic learned from there mistakes and are gonna work it out for the next game...

Oh i forgot... Overun, the thing is its not that bad, they just emphasized too much on it, as the main atraction when in the end, its something i like to play here and there, not much. I think playing as COG is way more fun and the turrets are definately overpowered and annoying when your locust. If they got more than a Baird , all the time we spawn, die, respawn, die again and it become a damn run to go all the time and it sucks. I think Baird should had been able to build turrets but manual ones, not put an automatic one like he throw a nade.

Gears of War Legend
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:49 AM   #14
Quantum Binman

Fully agree on the campaign point - the star system unfortunately highlights how linear the system of skirmishes works... If the game wasn't constantly broken up with the score screen, it would've likely had a far superior flow.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:06 AM   #15
TriRock

TriRock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   You're DOOMED Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 41 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackest Metal View Post
Kinda hard to go downhill when its at rock bottom to begin with.
I thought so as well. But the last few special events have convinced me People Can Fly have found the water hose that allows them to turn a solid turd into a flowing stream of diarrhea.

Achievement #1000: Seek and Destroy - #10000: Fully Evolved - #20000: Data Security

Overachiever: 55 points - 16 Staff Clubs - C/F Clubs 10-5-1

TriRock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:34 PM   #16
xRaW CaRNage x

xRaw Carnage's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriRock View Post
People Can Fly have found the water hose that allows them to turn a solid turd into a flowing stream of diarrhea.
Lmao funny shit And true at that!
Old 05-25-2013, 08:58 PM   #17
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Quote:
I thought so as well. But the last few special events have convinced me People Can Fly have found the water hose that allows them to turn a solid turd into a flowing stream of diarrhea.
The special events where always lame. In all fairness, they ain't worst than in GOW3 so far...

I don't think i can recall one event i actually liked in GOW3... The problem is they just change the weapons and call this an event, or twitch the players numbers per game.

The only game that did events the right way so far is Halo, they change so much the make and make something funny like those football game with hammers, stuff like that. You really have the impression its a special event, something different.

Gow they juste make you start with a boomshot and a sniper and call this an event... lame. There big heads events where not better either, as they actually blocked the view... i remember how we complained on this lol.

Gears of War Legend
Old 05-27-2013, 03:47 AM   #18
TriRock

TriRock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   You're DOOMED Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 41 (more» ...)
Well even if they were bad in GoW3, doesn't mean they have to be bad in GoWJ, too, right? The last ones were nothing but out-drawn camp-fests, which mostly had me checking how much time was left on the counter. I can't see anyone but a tiny minority play these for anything but the ribbons.

I love the original trilogy, and will give any new Gears game that comes out a try. As long as People Can Fly hasn't got anything to do with it.

Achievement #1000: Seek and Destroy - #10000: Fully Evolved - #20000: Data Security

Overachiever: 55 points - 16 Staff Clubs - C/F Clubs 10-5-1

TriRock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:48 AM   #19
WORLDEATER

WORLDEATER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Well even if they were bad in GoW3, doesn't mean they have to be bad in GoWJ, too, right? The last ones were nothing but out-drawn camp-fests, which mostly had me checking how much time was left on the counter. I can't see anyone but a tiny minority play these for anything but the ribbons.

I love the original trilogy, and will give any new Gears game that comes out a try. As long as People Can Fly hasn't got anything to do with it.
People Can Fly put too much of their own flavor into the game. A lot of people would have enjoyed it if they kept the game traditional to other Gears and improved on it. Almost every aspect of Judgment has been altered and is too jarring for fans.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:00 PM   #20
l2RDO

l2RDO's Gamercard
I didnt care for the "declassified missions" style of the game. I preferred the way Aftermath flowed much better than Judgement. Also, I have no idea why they got rid of Horde. I can understand introducing a new gameplay option like Survival, which I like, but why not just keep Horde in there as well? There also seems to be alot less multiplayer characters to choose from. I like that you can put skins on your characters, but more characters wouldnt have hurt. The game seems rushed overall in my opinion, but still fun.
l2RDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:55 PM   #21
a fat turkey

a fat turkey's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by l2RDO View Post
....The game seems rushed overall in my opinion, but still fun.
The game was rushed, which is why it came out so close to Gears of War 3. The only reason they made Judgment was to try and get one more Gears game in before the end of this generation.

And Destro, I admit I might have been a little harsh with my opinions lol. The problem for me is that I don't care much anymore for competitive gaming. I am much more of a single-player/co-op gamer now, and this game offers little in that department. At least Gears 2 and 3 and good campaigns and Horde to keep me busy (Gears 1 I was still kind of into competitive).

And I might have to disagree with Survival and Horde being essentially the same. I had about 5000+ waves of Horde in Gears 3 and probably even more in Gears 2. It became my favorite mode and is where I sunk the most of my time into. Survival can't even come close to holding my interest like Horde did because in Horde you did hold out in one location usually. But it was up to you where you held out. It offered more freedom in allowing you to use your own character and weapon load-out, pick up new weapons, and ultimately choose what you wanted to do. Survival doesn't allow you to leave the confined area you are thrown in and just tries too hard to overwhelm you.

Then again, this is coming from someone who has put countless hours into Horde, so you can understand why I miss it lol.
a fat turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:21 AM   #22
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

[QUOTE=TriRock;5795593]Well even if they were bad in GoW3, doesn't mean they have to be bad in GoWJ, too, right? The last ones were nothing but out-drawn camp-fests, which mostly had me checking how much time was left on the counter.[QUOTE]

Yeah... i had that "pleasure" to do Brothers to the end on library... we won the game... but by timer. At first they camped the room with the one shot... so once we flushed them out... we did the same, just holding it better, but what a boring game it was. Im glad i only had to do it once...

Turkey,

Yeah well if you get GOWJ solely for the campaign, yeah this is a terrible investement to me... And i can understand if you loved horde that much that survival may not be the same, but TO ME both modes are pretty much just chilling out numb computer demolition. I kinda like it on ocasion, but my motto more or less is why killing AIs when i can kill real people, wich is 10 times more fun. Did a lot of horde in GOW3 but for the seriously medal, i feel maybe that game really gave me an "enough with this shit" impression after 2000 waves forced on me...

But in term of multiplayer, i think its ok, its just not as good as GOW3, but it aint that bad, its just they should had make more efforts into it. There new changes didn't go well with the community and the way they made the game with 4 MP maps to start with didn't help either. Everybody felt they got an half completed games...

Gears of War Legend
Old 05-29-2013, 11:24 AM   #23
Ozbaab

Ozbaab's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I'm not even halfway through the campaign but so far I gotta say I like it.
And yes I've played all the other gears games on insane and completed them in co-op, but what I like about Judgement is that their actually trying something new here. It's not another CoD where it's all the same every "new" game.
That said, I would prefer if they did Gears 4 campaign the normal way, but I do appreciate that they at least tried something else.
I haven't even tried the MP yet so can't say anything on that.

The only thing I can say is straight bad is launching a game that has been so popular over the years thanks to it's multiplayer, with only 4 MP maps.

First in Sweden to 1k Alan Wake!

Ozbaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:23 PM   #24
NP TheRealDeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by a fat turkey View Post
The game was rushed, which is why it came out so close to Gears of War 3. The only reason they made Judgment was to try and get one more Gears game in before the end of this generation.

And Destro, I admit I might have been a little harsh with my opinions lol. The problem for me is that I don't care much anymore for competitive gaming. I am much more of a single-player/co-op gamer now, and this game offers little in that department. At least Gears 2 and 3 and good campaigns and Horde to keep me busy (Gears 1 I was still kind of into competitive).

And I might have to disagree with Survival and Horde being essentially the same. I had about 5000+ waves of Horde in Gears 3 and probably even more in Gears 2. It became my favorite mode and is where I sunk the most of my time into. Survival can't even come close to holding my interest like Horde did because in Horde you did hold out in one location usually. But it was up to you where you held out. It offered more freedom in allowing you to use your own character and weapon load-out, pick up new weapons, and ultimately choose what you wanted to do. Survival doesn't allow you to leave the confined area you are thrown in and just tries too hard to overwhelm you.

Then again, this is coming from someone who has put countless hours into Horde, so you can understand why I miss it lol.
Turkey, I'm totally with you on this. I have played ~8000 waves of Horde in GOW3 and still go back to it quite frequently. It's my favorite Gears mode for all the reasons you mentioned. Having 25 maps to choose from (if you have the Fenix Rising and Forces of Nature DLC packs) just adds so much re-playability to Horde mode for me.

By comparison, I have played ~50 waves of Survival mode in GOWJ and I have had my fill. There is no re-playability left in this mode for me anymore.

Ironically, the GOWJ campaign appeals to me more than Survival mode, because it kind of feels like old Horde. I have completed the campaign 8 times playing both solo and co-op on various difficulty levels.

I'm pretty sure that when I've had my fill of Overrun mode, I'll be trading GOWJ in. It makes me sad to even say that, because GOW3 will always be a keeper.

But back to your point, I completely agree that Horde and Survival modes are very, very different. For me anyway.
NP TheRealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:43 PM   #25
GeneralGranko

Send a message via Skype™ to GeneralGranko

xX forEV3R Xx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by NP TheRealDeal View Post
Turkey, I'm totally with you on this. I have played ~8000 waves of Horde in GOW3 and still go back to it quite frequently. It's my favorite Gears mode for all the reasons you mentioned. Having 25 maps to choose from (if you have the Fenix Rising and Forces of Nature DLC packs) just adds so much re-playability to Horde mode for me.

By comparison, I have played ~50 waves of Survival mode in GOWJ and I have had my fill. There is no re-playability left in this mode for me anymore.

Ironically, the GOWJ campaign appeals to me more than Survival mode, because it kind of feels like old Horde. I have completed the campaign 8 times playing both solo and co-op on various difficulty levels.

I'm pretty sure that when I've had my fill of Overrun mode, I'll be trading GOWJ in. It makes me sad to even say that, because GOW3 will always be a keeper.

But back to your point, I completely agree that Horde and Survival modes are very, very different. For me anyway.
Yeah, I have similiar thinkin about this, once I get every cheevo in this game, that´s it for me - trading it in!
rockyzz@seznam.cz

Playing now: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (PC)
Need players for:
CoD: BO2 Apocalypse DLC - Easter Egg

GeneralGranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:04 PM   #26
Phoenix BLK

Phoenix BLK's Gamercard
Okay so I guess this game isn't for me, I'll probably get it if they release a version with all the DLC.
Gears of war #1 is still my favorite game of all time but it seems like the story is getting worse.
There are still so many unanswered questions from #3 and as much as I love multiplayer and the re-playability it offers, for me I still need that story and world to jump into.
why is the queen human? Baird asks this! And now the next question is why Baird isn't like "HEY COLE" in gears 1 when they find him... He's apparently Cole's BFF or at least part of his team so why the hell was there no dialogue between the two in the first gears?
I was hoping that judgement would answer these questions and add more to the story but it sucks to hear that it is so shallow. Gears is so good but I might as well play gears 3 until I can get seriously. Chievos that force people to boost Are the stupidest things ever.

That grenade issue sounds terrible, it reminds me of a few games in halo 3 where players spawn and spam the grenades. Why spawn them with so many?
Not to keen on those classes either. Haha how good was it spawning with smoke grenades whilst the rest of your team had frags on gears 3.

Horde wasn't everything to me but I don't understand why they would take it out of the game completely. Like a few others said, take what the fans love and build on it. Add your own feel without taking away what gears is at its core.
Phoenix BLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:21 AM   #27
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

If i remember corectly(been a while i did GOW1) Baird and Cole are part of the same unit, ALPHA, and are found nearly at the same time after Kim and Carmine are kills. I think they find Baird first(or Cole) but find the other one not longer after that. The first one even mention they got to find the other one... If i remember corectly it was Cole fighting locust on his own, he mention Baird and the rest of Alpha are pinned down and they need help

As for the nade fest they aknowledge it and are fixing them next TU, one nade when you spawn and thats it, unless somebody drop one or you get the flame nades, no more nades in ammo boxes

Gears of War Legend

Last edited by Destro; 06-03-2013 at 03:25 AM.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:28 PM   #28
mjc0961

mjc0961's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by a fat turkey View Post
Then the Campaign, if it can even be classified as a Campaign, was nothing but go into a room, shoot things, end section, go into next confined area, shoot more things, accept stupid mission to run around like dipshits with cleavers trying to kill ragers that insta-kill you, die, repeat, have a chance because enemies changed, still die, retry and get ragers again, die. Then you try to rely on AI, you go down, they walk slowly towards you, stop next to you, look around, you bleed out and die. Then when you finish the Campaign, you realize that only 4 hours have passed and you laugh at how short and pointless the whole thing was, still pissed that the entire Campaign was just go into little sections and shoot stuff, while your character narrates whats happening, forgetting the part about when they died from a rager (why flashback missions are stupid). Terrible idea #3.
Or in the case of what just fucking happened to me, have absolutely no chance whatsoever because enemies changed and you're now completely fucked. I have to fight Berserkers and Baird even shouts "Grab a Scorcher and light them on fire!" but the game doesn't fucking spawn any enemies with Scorchers for me to take!!! So I ran around like an idiot killing Therons wielding Cleavers (not Torque Bows because they might have done something to the Berserkers) and regular Hammerburst toting Locust and emptying mag after mag into the Berserkers for 5 minutes until finally I died.

Who the fuck is the brain dead inbred piece of moronic shit who coded a goddamn mission where you need Scorchers but created a possible set of enemy spawns that makes it impossible for you to get a Scorcher and thus makes it impossible for you to win?! I'm going to guess it was probably one of the morons at People Can Fly, since they are completely fucking incompetent. First Bullestorm, now this. Epic, stop working with these piece of useless shit, they are ruining game after game after game and making you look bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentCabaret View Post
This guide continues to warm my heart and piss off my roommates. Thanks so much!

Last edited by mjc0961; 07-05-2013 at 05:33 PM.
mjc0961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:40 AM   #29
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

If its the part i am thinking about, there is one in the room for you to grad, in a corner. If Baird tell you to grab a scrocher, its there is one in the room as a weapon to pick, you do not need ennemies. Don't blame PCF because you couldn't look good enough...

Gears of War Legend
Old 07-06-2013, 03:53 PM   #30
mjc0961

mjc0961's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destro View Post
If its the part i am thinking about, there is one in the room for you to grad, in a corner. If Baird tell you to grab a scrocher, its there is one in the room as a weapon to pick, you do not need ennemies. Don't blame PCF because you couldn't look good enough...
Thanks asshole, I looked around just fine. There are absolutely none anywhere in the environment to find and it didn't spawn any enemies to drop any either. Also you forget the fact that weapon crates don't give you scorcher (or any power weapon) ammo, so even if there had been one in the game just lying there (which there wasn't), I would have still been fucked once the ammo for it ran out and I couldn't get any more by killing enemies that drop their scorchers.

If you love PCF so much, go ahead and marry them. The rest of us can see that they clearly suck ass at making games and hope they never ruin another Gears game (or any other game) again. Let them make Bulletstorm 2 instead so we can all just not buy that shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentCabaret View Post
This guide continues to warm my heart and piss off my roommates. Thanks so much!
mjc0961 is offline   Reply With Quote