PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > BioShock
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-13-2010, 06:05 AM   #391
Fried Cola

I got this achivement recently using the difficulty exploit. Worked beautifully.

To anyone trying for this and can't find the option to turn vitachambers off even after updating your game. If you have old Bioshock saves from before the DLC, DELETE THEM. They will cause some minor glitches such as the vitachamber option not showing up.

I was having the same problem, and that's what I did to fix it.

no random friend requests accepted.
Fried Cola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 02:57 AM   #392
xhonzi

xhonzi's Gamercard
I also just exploited the exploit. I'd played and beaten the game on Hard a couple years ago, but didn't know about this achievement because it was 'secret'. So I ran through it on easy and never died. Hit start immediately after hitting A to drain the rest of the Adam, went to difficulty and pressed A twice to change to hard, hit start and got the achievement after the cut scene started.

I didn't start a new game after disabling Vita Chambers. I just turned them off (and never died). I didn't delete any old save games either.
xhonzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 02:57 AM   #393
IvanTheNorse

IvanTheNorse's Gamercard
These strategies were incredibly helpful. Hopefully I'll be able to pull off the 100% for the game. It would probably be my most difficult completion yet, and I was looking for a good strategy with which to conquer the game.
IvanTheNorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 07:51 AM   #394
tplarkin7

Zack Dollars's Gamercard
Fix to enable "Turn off Vita-Chambers"

The glitch is caused by using a new Xbox 360.

Originally Posted by Fortuitous Rex

Here's a fix that worked for me.

Like dscott I downloaded the DLC on a console that has since gone to Xbox heaven. Also, none of the previous suggestions helped me.

What finally worked was transferring the licenses to the new console. Microsoft has a nifty License Transfer tool over at Xbox.com (log in and check under the support tab). I ran this tool, re-downloaded the DLC and it fixed the problem.

The catch is that you can only transfer licenses this way once every 12 months, so make sure you don't quit in the middle of the process.

Here's what I did:
I deleted the DLC. I signed out of Xbox Live. I ran the License Transfer Tool. Re-downloaded the DLC.

I was then able to see the "Turn off Vita-Chambers" option at the bottom!
tplarkin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 05:50 AM   #395
Deadly Noob92

Deadly Noob92's Gamercard
im not sure if this has already been posted, as i havent read all the posts, but:
for anyone having the glitch where the disable vita chamber option is disabled,this is what i did and it worked, saw it on another site:

download the dlc on a live account that has NOT played bioshock. after it is downloaded on that account, start bioshock on your main live account and bam..... the option should be there.
hope this helps, it sure helped me.

need a boosting partner for:

Last edited by Deadly Noob92; 12-20-2010 at 05:55 AM.
Deadly Noob92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 12:34 AM   #396
Valiantheart

valiant heart's Gamercard
Awsome. I will definately have to keep this FAQ in mind cause I am about to go back to Bioshock and try to get those last 6 achievements I need, including Brass Balls.

I haven't played it in quite some time and I really look forward to going back and playing it again for several reasons.

When I played it I only had an SDTV and the game looked great. Now I have an HDTV so I can't wait to see what it looks like.

Also I recently got Bioshock 2 and I am going to replay 1 first before I start up 2.
Valiantheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:15 PM   #397
AJADE

The UK Phoenix's Gamercard
I enjoy every time I play-through this game, I still play it now even after I got all achievements.
AJADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:58 AM   #398
ZebraMuffinX

ZebraMuffinX's Gamercard
Yay just got 1100!

If you have a save on easy near the end of the game (and have not died yet, but had vita chambers on) you can still get this. Switch to Disable vita chambers on before getting on the elevator, then switch the game to hard right before you stick the needle in Atlas the last time, I got it no problems. You'll get it when the ending cutscene begins.
Completed Retail: NBA 2K6, Call of Duty 2, Resident Evil 5 (1000), History Channel: Civil War, MW2, SH: Homecoming, Tetris Evolution, Bioshock (1100), Bioshock 2 (1000), Fallout 3 (1550), Halo Reach (1000), Fallout: NV (1000). Completed Arcade: Gunstar Heroes, Galaga, Pac-man CE, DR2:CZ, Harm's Way, Doritos Crash Course, Doom, Small Arms. 40,000 GS on 9/03/11
ZebraMuffinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:55 AM   #399
toadthetoad

ToadTheToad's Gamercard
So if I died at all with vita-chambers on I need to restart with new saves even to do the exploit, right?
toadthetoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:28 PM   #400
ZebraMuffinX

ZebraMuffinX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by toadthetoad View Post
So if I died at all with vita-chambers on I need to restart with new saves even to do the exploit, right?
Correct.

I recommend this:

Play through the game on easy, nothing else changed. DO NOT DIE

Right before the elevator ride, save and then turn on disable vita chamber.

Then, right before you click "A" the last time in the boss fight, switch it to hard.

Then finish.

This is how I got it.
Completed Retail: NBA 2K6, Call of Duty 2, Resident Evil 5 (1000), History Channel: Civil War, MW2, SH: Homecoming, Tetris Evolution, Bioshock (1100), Bioshock 2 (1000), Fallout 3 (1550), Halo Reach (1000), Fallout: NV (1000). Completed Arcade: Gunstar Heroes, Galaga, Pac-man CE, DR2:CZ, Harm's Way, Doritos Crash Course, Doom, Small Arms. 40,000 GS on 9/03/11
Old 01-22-2011, 04:51 AM   #401
toadthetoad

ToadTheToad's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZebraMuffinX View Post
Correct.

I recommend this:

Play through the game on easy, nothing else changed. DO NOT DIE

Right before the elevator ride, save and then turn on disable vita chamber.

Then, right before you click "A" the last time in the boss fight, switch it to hard.

Then finish.

This is how I got it.
Awesome. I'll try it this weekened, thanks!
toadthetoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 03:47 AM   #402
ZebraMuffinX

ZebraMuffinX's Gamercard
No problem, if you have trouble feel free to drop me a message.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:16 PM   #403
Psyccho

psyccho's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Hmm did i miss something? I already had vitachambers off, so i started a new game on easy, played all the way through without dying, beat the boss and immediately paused to change the difficulty, didn't work. i tried the whole boss on hard, still didn't work. Any suggestions?

100k reached June 22,2011
Duke Nukem FOREVER: I Am All That Is Man

Looking to boost in:
Halo Wars (General rank)
Castle Crashers (Arena Master)
Ghostbusters (MP Achievements)

I ALWAYS help those who help me
92 Games 100%
Psyccho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:35 PM   #404
DarkwingRanger

DarkwingRanger's Gamercard
this one is becoming tedious i save after ever step. but goddamn i am determined. thanks for the tips!
Old 01-28-2011, 04:04 AM   #405
Pollux42

Pollux42's Gamercard
My favorite cheevo...
Pollux42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 08:47 PM   #406
ZebraMuffinX

ZebraMuffinX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyccho View Post
Hmm did i miss something? I already had vitachambers off, so i started a new game on easy, played all the way through without dying, beat the boss and immediately paused to change the difficulty, didn't work. i tried the whole boss on hard, still didn't work. Any suggestions?
Try turning the game to hard RIGHT BEFORE YOU PRESS A FOR THE LAST TIME. That's what I did. If that doesn't work, I'd probably try an easy speedrun with my method.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:10 PM   #407
PerfectDark224

boxofpuppies8's Gamercard
Thanks when I go for this achievement I'll use these tips.
PerfectDark224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 03:03 PM   #408
hfoster

Henrique Foster's Gamercard
thanks man1
hfoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:20 AM   #409
GodLike499

GodLike499's Gamercard
I just got back to trying this game again, and when I loaded it up there was an update. I don't know what the update was for, but I noticed that the Disable Vita-Chambers is no longer available in the options menu. Does this mean that it's impossible to get this achievement now?

I also died (that's how I figured out Vita-Chambers were no longer disabled), but instead of reloading, I quit to the main menu. Am I still totally screwed?
GodLike499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:58 AM   #410
N64StillKiksAss

n64stillkiksass's Gamercard
wooo!!!

i finally got it!!!!!
N64StillKiksAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 06:01 AM   #411
N64StillKiksAss

n64stillkiksass's Gamercard
i killed fontane on hard using only the wrench and plasmids. it took me about two hours.

98% Of people under 25 surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!
N64StillKiksAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 07:59 PM   #412
fing3rXI

for some reason i cant disable the vita chamber its not an option in the main menu. anyone knows how to fix this ?
fing3rXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:10 PM   #413
FSparacino4

im boomheadshot's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fing3rXI View Post
for some reason i cant disable the vita chamber its not an option in the main menu. anyone knows how to fix this ?
You have to do it from the Options menu in a game. There is no way to do it from the main menu.
FSparacino4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:02 PM   #414
ZebraMuffinX

ZebraMuffinX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by N64StillKiksAss View Post
i killed fontane on hard using only the wrench and plasmids. it took me about two hours.
Didn't some guy do this in about 60 seconds on youtube?
Old 03-28-2011, 06:15 PM   #415
betterthnu88

betterthnu88's Gamercard
old game, but damn good

So I just recently tried this game. I gotta say, pretty sweet. I tried to use a guide to figure out how much ADAM I could spend and no one was really specific on anything. I went through the whole game on hard, first run through and the only thing I bought beside achievement-related tonics was 1 health upgrade and enrage. I ended the game with a sick amount of ADAM left, almost 900 (maybe more, can't remember). 100% achievements. The first big daddy took about 10 tries, but I got it without having to backtrack. As for Atlas? That guy is a joke. If you have electric gel it was stupid easy. The first, and only enemy I killed with electric gel was Atlas. He couldn't/didn't move. Didn't get hit once during that fight. Anyway, good luck to others / congrats ... as applicable.
betterthnu88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:31 PM   #416
Denizens44

Guardsman Jacob's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bockey69 View Post
I don't have the option to turn off the vita chambers in my menu?
Where and how do i find this.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
To have it you must have the Ryans Industry Plasmids DLC. It's free.

Thank you Audacious for the signature

Gamertag: Guardsman Jacob
Denizens44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:57 AM   #417
CLaRK tHiZZWaLd

CLaRK tHiZZWaLd's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhonzi View Post
I also just exploited the exploit. I'd played and beaten the game on Hard a couple years ago, but didn't know about this achievement because it was 'secret'. So I ran through it on easy and never died. Hit start immediately after hitting A to drain the rest of the Adam, went to difficulty and pressed A twice to change to hard, hit start and got the achievement after the cut scene started.

I didn't start a new game after disabling Vita Chambers. I just turned them off (and never died). I didn't delete any old save games either.
Can Anyone confirm that this does in fact still work even with all updates that have since been released??? Thanks in advance... NEVERMIND THIS DOES WORK!!!

Last edited by CLaRK tHiZZWaLd; 03-30-2011 at 10:07 AM.
CLaRK tHiZZWaLd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:25 PM   #418
ReadableWig

readablewig9's Gamercard
Wow, nice... I managed to get the achievement!
ReadableWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 03:15 PM   #419
Tankore

Tankore93's Gamercard
This achievement just doesn't want to unlock for me. First i do it legit and nothing. Now i try this exploit and still nothing. This game just hates me
Old 05-17-2011, 12:16 AM   #420
A shoeless Foot

A Shoeless Foot's Gamercard
I had beaten it twice never got it then realized i didn't have the dlc. it's all good though this game is worth so much playthroughs i'll gladly do it again
A shoeless Foot is offline   Reply With Quote