Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > BioShock
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-05-2008, 12:36 AM   #61
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bockey69 View Post
I don't have the option to turn off the vita chambers in my menu?
Where and how do i find this.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
If you download the new DLC, it will allow the option to turn vita chambers off. Press start, go to options, gameplay, scroll down to vita chambers.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:23 PM   #62
papochini

WorkingTavo's Gamercard
a very hard and boring achievement if you ask me bioshock had really cool achievements and this one sucks because it doesn't add too much anything within the game, but still i'm there trying to get it asap
Old 02-08-2008, 08:21 PM   #63
Whack A Lemur

Whack A Lemur's Gamercard
That was actually really fun to get. I had some tough areas, but I completed it with hardly any health/eve/plasmid upgrades. Now to get the other achievements.
Whack A Lemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 02:29 PM   #64
Maverick1981

MurdockLegend's Gamercard
Just finished the game and the "Brass Balls" achy it doesn't really take long and in my mind hard isn't that much different to normal...but thats just me!

Just a little advice when killing atlas.....

When he comes down 1st time use the crossbow and for the remaining times use the exploding buck shots on him, it works a treat!
Maverick1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 06:16 AM   #65
omegamustard

Send a message via AIM to omegamustard Send a message via Yahoo to omegamustard

OmegaMustard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
what is the best way to defeat big daddy's without dying on hardest difficulty, i've been playing bull fight with bouncers and that works pretty well, what is the plan for Rosies?

omegamustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:41 AM   #66
papochini

WorkingTavo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler View Post
If you just load your last save it can't be screwed!? It takes longer to have it turned on because you have to go back to the menu and load the game from there (longer load times then). So if you just remember to load a game everytime you "die" it must be ok?
Nope sorry my friend but you have to disable vita chambers or you won't get the achievement
Old 02-12-2008, 08:53 AM   #67
papochini

WorkingTavo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by omegamustard View Post
what is the best way to defeat big daddy's without dying on hardest difficulty, i've been playing bull fight with bouncers and that works pretty well, what is the plan for Rosies?
Rosies are a pain if you ask me, but my suggestions are these:
- Learn to catch it's grenades with telekinesis
- hack as many things to help you (turrets, bots, cameras,etc)
- use the bullet that he is weak against (always forget if they are armor piercing or the others)
- if you have splicers to help you fight him use them
- if you don't need the ADAM wait a little until you have a better weapon
Old 02-17-2008, 02:41 AM   #68
Damian83
Banned User

Send a message via MSN to Damian83

Damian83's Gamercard
It's not absolutely true that u have to turn off vita chamber option... fact is i noticed this option NOW, reading the thread...
i simply began the game on hard...later, during playing, i ve read on a website that i have to download addictional content..i ve downloaded it and contiued playing from point i ve paused. and from that point i never modified any options... i died many times and i re loaded game without restarting console... maybe achievement unlock even if u dont download DLC... in fact it s a non sense, because the additional 100 points appear in the list from first day that achievement was released and not after u update game or download DLC

and another thing... it was very easy. i played 7 hours yesterday and 8 today... hardest thing is first big daddy so if u want u can dont kill him... i finished, saving all but last 5 sisters (not harvesting) and hacking all possible turrets and camera s... i used only electroshock, incinerate, and telekinesis... electroshock for turrets and cameras, telekinesis for toggle the electrified rope s, and incinerate for frozen gate's...never used other power against enemies...
i thought it will be very very hard (near impossilbe) but it was easiest than first time i played on hard for the 50GS achievement... i killed last boss using one medipak...
Damian83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 02:52 AM   #69
Damian83
Banned User

Send a message via MSN to Damian83

Damian83's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1981 View Post
Just finished the game and the "Brass Balls" achy it doesn't really take long and in my mind hard isn't that much different to normal...but thats just me!

Just a little advice when killing atlas.....

When he comes down 1st time use the crossbow and for the remaining times use the exploding buck shots on him, it works a treat!
i simply shooted at him standing near healing point, and moving only a few for avoid his attack... i used all grenade launcher, full of electric gel, and some shotgun for finish him... no telekinesis, no bow, and only one medipak used... too easy...
Damian83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 08:00 PM   #70
TheColdWolf

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler View Post
I have completed the game now, and as expected the Brass Balls achievement unlocked! I never had the vita chambers turned off! (other then a test in the beginning) So just takes more time to load if you use that option, just remember to load a game after you have died and it will unlock!
Thanks that helped because i downloaded the new content twice and i still don't see the turn-off vita chamber options.
TheColdWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:21 AM   #71
killerharu45

Send a message via AIM to killerharu45

II Giffy II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
LCD, great guide. Once I can pick this up again I'll play through using your tips. This should get stickied as it is extremely helpful

Finish to Raise Completion %
Resident Evil 5: 1105/1400
GOW: 1020/1250
GOW 2: 1450/1750
Geometry Wars: 170/200

Percentage: 71580/91570 = 78.1%

killerharu45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 03:39 PM   #72
laundryman

Send a message via AIM to laundryman

a laundryman's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth
A little tip to those who are going for Brasss Balls. Get as many physically enhanching tonics and buy the "Wrench Jokey" upgrades. The wrench is very strong if you get the right upgrades
Old 02-19-2008, 03:22 AM   #73
papochini

WorkingTavo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bockey69 View Post
I don't have the option to turn off the vita chambers in my menu?
Where and how do i find this.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Before you post a question you should read the thread your posting in, but anyway i'll help you first download the "ryan industries plasmids and gene tonics" from the market place then put bioshock and accept the auto update if you haven't already then the option will show in the start menu almost at the bottom
Old 02-19-2008, 10:04 PM   #74
RuggersAssassin

Send a message via AIM to RuggersAssassin

RuggersAssassin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Thanks this should help a lot.

^Thanks to SeedyEvil for the Sig^
RuggersAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 11:13 PM   #75
battle cry714

Ix5UDDNxD347HxI's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi273 View Post
If you download the new DLC, it will allow the option to turn vita chambers off. Press start, go to options, gameplay, scroll down to vita chambers.
i pressed start and went to options, but there is no gameplay option. just a bunch of missalanious options. i have the dlc and the update.

Last edited by battle cry714; 02-26-2008 at 01:41 AM.
battle cry714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 12:21 AM   #76
ODST Streck

ODST Streck's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Good info in this guide. I Started this task yesterday so I can grab the full 1100 before I trade Bioshock in. Just arrived in Neptune's Bounty, still got a ways to go...
ODST Streck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 09:19 PM   #77
Peace

Peace Starr's Gamercard
My two cents

I got brass balls, and man are they heavy! Anybody found any good underwear to support brass balls? I'm a boxer guy, but I might have to switch to tighty-whities! Oh yeah, I got the achievement with vita chambers turned on - obviously I didn't use them, but they were on! I did get revived in the chambers several times, but I simply reloaded a previous save... Just my two cents!

Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 05:37 PM   #78
hoagie84

hoagie84's Gamercard
Clarification

Ok, so I know a lot of people have asked this, but I've seen so many conflicting answers that I wanted to ask for myself and maybe get a definitive answer. I recently started playing again on hard but I didn't download the content to turn off the vita chambers until I was a couple hours in. I also died a couple of times but I was wise enough to save it before I died and reloaded the game. I am not playing a game save in which I have died in. In a previous post I saw that the game save is ruined and I can't get the acheivement. Is it possible for the whole game save to be ruined just because I died and then reloaded? That doesn't make any sense. I just got into Arcadia and I wanted to make sure I'm not screwed before I waste my time and play through the whole game. Any help would be much appreciated
hoagie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 09:01 PM   #79
C Rocket

T Crockett's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoagie84 View Post
Ok, so I know a lot of people have asked this, but I've seen so many conflicting answers that I wanted to ask for myself and maybe get a definitive answer.
I don't think there is a definitive answer. There are a lot of people in this thread saying that they got the achievement without disabling vita chambers, so it's definitely possible. However, several are claiming that leaving chambers on and reloading saves messed up their save file and they didn't get the achievement. So it's one of two possibilities:

- Either the people who didn't get the achivement are mistaken and they actually did use a vita chamber on their save at some point

- Or it's glitchy and doesn't always affect everyone the same way.

C Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 04:03 AM   #80
hoagie84

hoagie84's Gamercard
Am I screwed if I didn't download the DLC for the disable option before I started playing on hard? I went through the Medical Pavilion before I even downloaded it.
hoagie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 12:42 PM   #81
gatorbait

Gatorbait68's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts
So essentially if you've gotten all the other achievements when you start again then just go directly to the goal and not deal with anything in your way while going for Brass Balls along with the other tips?

gatorbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 05:26 PM   #82
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoagie84 View Post
Am I screwed if I didn't download the DLC for the disable option before I started playing on hard? I went through the Medical Pavilion before I even downloaded it.
As long as you got the title update, you are okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbait View Post
So essentially if you've gotten all the other achievements when you start again then just go directly to the goal and not deal with anything in your way while going for Brass Balls along with the other tips?
Yeah you could do that, just kill the final enemy and don't die.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:04 PM   #83
HotShotX

I'd like to point out that having just completed the game with 1000/1000, not ONE guide, FAQ, or sticky on this damn forum took the courtesy to point out the following:

1. The Ryan Industries DLC contains the extra 100GP. (Sorry, but that name is fucking ambiguous as hell, and took me a while to realize that it is DLC and NOT something mundane like a trailer, theme, etc.)

2. You can die in the game, reload to your last save, and still get the achievement. As long as you do NOT continue playing after you die, and instead reload, you will be fine. (You do not have to exit to the title screen).

3. As long as you follow #2, you can play the entire game all the way to Atlas, download the DLC, disable Vita-Chambers, kill Atlas, and get the extra 100GP.

I was pretty pissed that first, there isn't any mention of the DLC, and activating it, in any of the primary guides in the forums. Secondly, I was even more pissed that it took so long to wade through all the arguing and bullshit to which witchcraft ritual involving Vita-Chambers actually netted the achievement, so far deep into the forums that I had to roll through 10 threads just to get a straight answer.

Seriously, somebody edit the guides to point this shit out. It'll save a lot of gamers the frustration.

~HotShotX
HotShotX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:00 AM   #84
towelie07

TOWELIE07's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
At the risk of beating a dead horse, I also did not get the DLC until after starting a new game on hard difficulty. When I died, I simply loaded a previous save. After getting the DLC, I disabled the Vita-Chambers, and continued loading previous saves after deaths. I finished the game on hard today, and got the Brass Balls achievement.

To all who have insisted on disabling the Vita-Chambers, I would like to report that from my experience, this is nice to do, but not necessary. If you did not disable the chambers and did not get the achievement, I submit to you that your HD or content is corrupted, or you did not accomplish the achievement "to the letter of the law."

Repeat, you DO NOT NEED TO DISABLE VITA-CHAMBERS TO GET BRASS BALLS. Just make sure that you have a previous, non respawning save to load when you die.

Feel free to check my stats if you don't believe me.

All Achievements Arcade - 68
towelie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:09 AM   #85
towelie07

TOWELIE07's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
On an additional note, the key to getting this achievement is SAVE, SAVE, SAVE. Whoever said to abuse the save feature was absolutely right. Save after EVERYTHING.

For all Big Daddy skirmishes, plan them out ahead of time, especially the first few when you don't have the benefit of the Grenade Launcher. Make use of hacked turrets and cameras, and once you have the launcher, put out a few mines along the path you want them to follow. If you already have the achievment for all tonics, I recommend investing Adam in Health and Eve upgrades.

Also, as for the DLC, I found the Sonic Boom plasmids to be very useful, particularly against Bouncers. Against splicers, it knocks them backwards until they hit the nearest wall. With Bouncers, it stops them cold in their tracks when they charge you.

Hope this helps.

All Achievements Arcade - 68
towelie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 05:10 PM   #86
Killer66250

Iguaina's Gamercard
I'm having trouble On the last boss, Any advice?

3rd In The UK To 200/200 In Uno Rush, 13th In The World.
Killer66250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 05:32 PM   #87
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer66250 View Post
I'm having trouble On the last boss, Any advice?
Have you used all your grenades on him? Use target dummy if you have it, use security bullseye on him and enrage on the splicers. Use electric gel when out of grenades, electric buck when out of gel, and incindary bolts when out of shells. If he is still alive, improve your aim, stop shooting your feet.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:51 PM   #88
LTSP4RTAN

LT SP4RTAN's Gamercard
i would also suggest for the brass balls walkthrough is to use the "dummy" plasmid which tricks the splicers into attacking that thinking it is you. Works awesome with atlas (he was so easy with it) and big daddys it also works well.
LTSP4RTAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:40 PM   #89
Ryan Industries

O.k, I'm having a weird problem with this Achivement and was wondering whether any of you could shed some light on the issue.

I started a hard playthrough the other day with the intention of not only unlocking the Brass Balls achivement bu also a few others that I still need to get. The only problem was that I had no idea that I had to disable the Viti Chambers for it to unlock. So I went into my options menu and found that I didn't have the option there to do so. I said an expletive, deleted my 360s Cache then tried again, it worked!
Then I played a little, went to my Dashboard, restarted the game, had a look to see if it was there and found that it's gone again. What the hell is going on here!?

One minute it's there, the next it's gone. I've pretty much realised that this playthrough I'm on will not produce the BB achievment, but I'd like to think I have the choice somehere down the line to get it. The damn option doesn't even show up when I start a whole new game!
A little help anyone?
Ryan Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 03:03 PM   #90
Pedigo 07

Send a message via AIM to Pedigo 07

Pedigo 07's Gamercard
cool, i've been looking forward to playing through this game again. i'll have to pull it out on a rainy day
Pedigo 07 is offline   Reply With Quote