PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > DmC: Devil May Cry
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-28-2014, 11:40 AM   #1
MissJaded

MissJaded's Gamercard
Question What difficulty do you play on first?

I know I'm stuipd for asking a question like this but I played the collection and it scared me lol Devil May Cry HD collection was the hardest game I've played xD

I also didn't find anything in the fourms or road map that said which to start because I was wondering if Human, Devil Hunter, Nephilim unlocks Son of Sparda? Or just Nephilim does? What does Human unlock?

Also do the difficulties stack or can they? Just began playing this game what is the best combo for starters?

Thanks if anyone can answer my multiple questions just wanna try to 1000. Sorry for starting another fourm if there is one already up. DMC ALL THE WAY <3
Old 01-28-2014, 12:32 PM   #2
Dante Kasai

Send a message via Skype™ to Dante Kasai

Dante Kasai's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Haha it's understandable the HD Collection can be a bit intimidating. But have no fear! Through modern baby-ization, DmC is easier than its ancestors.

There are three difficulties you're able to play from the start - Human, Devil Hunter, and Nephilim. Beating the game on DH or Nephilim will unlock Son of Sparda, and beating Son of Sparda will unlock Dante Must Die.

Each mode has a difficulty setting, listed as;

Human - Easy, don't play this unless you suck.
Devil Hunter - Normal, I recommend this to get a feel for the game and its nuances
Nephilim - Hard, but not really hard. Slightly more enemy health and damage, not much different from Devil Hunter. I played this my first run through.
Son of Sparda - Very Hard, much more enemy health and damage, maybe some new enemy types, more difficult enemies spawning earlier on.
Dante Must Die - Hardest in the game. I would not play this unless you know the game back to front.

As for your questions - Human unlocks nothing except the game ending. DH and Nephilim will unlock the harder modes. Difficulty achievements do not stack. Best combo, in my opinion, is , Launch attack (away from enemy, )
Good long combo to deal some damage, but you'll want to mix up your attacks to get the maximum score multiplier. Experiment and get a feel for your favorite combos! DmC has the flexibility for many many player styles.

Completions: 45
Completion Percentage: 100%
Dante Kasai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:05 PM   #3
Dante Kasai

Dante Kasai's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1
If you ever have any questions regarding any Devil May Cry game, feel free to ask me here in a visitor message or on Xbox LIVE - my gamertag is Dante Kasai, as listed under my avatar.

Old 01-28-2014, 02:08 PM   #4
MissJaded

MissJaded's Gamercard
Thank you Dante. That was very very helpful. ;D

I was playing on Dante Baby mode (Human) lol I didn't know how hard the game was until I read some of the other fourms because DMC collection scared me for life ><' But in time I will pick back up DMC collection again just for now DMC all the way love the graphics. I'm only on the third level.

But this will help. Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions!

One more thing which playthrough did you do to do collectibles on?
Old 01-28-2014, 04:51 PM   #5
Dante Kasai

Dante Kasai's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJaded View Post
Thank you Dante. That was very very helpful. ;D

I was playing on Dante Baby mode (Human) lol I didn't know how hard the game was until I read some of the other fourms because DMC collection scared me for life ><' But in time I will pick back up DMC collection again just for now DMC all the way love the graphics. I'm only on the third level.

But this will help. Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions!

One more thing which playthrough did you do to do collectibles on?
No problem just be wary of DMC 1's difficulty achievements. I found them a huge pain, and I was pretty good at it.

I actually did the collectibles on Son of Sparda on my second playthrough, because I was working on all the arena achievements, like knocking enemies into the ferris wheel on mission 1, etc. But, I would recommend you do it on either Devil Hunter or Nephilim, if so you can still easily search for them without having to deal with all kinds of tough enemies.

Or, if you watch some YouTube videos, which I can't find because I don't have much time left, you could do it right now - they're not super difficult. It's a good thing to collect them first so you can get better end mission scores; they add multipliers in the end because of their "completion" stat.

Good luck! And don't hesitate to ask me any more questions!

Old 01-30-2014, 03:43 AM   #6
MissJaded

MissJaded's Gamercard
The problem is in the beginning of the game you can't get all the collectible without the serent weapons. So I'll nab the ones I missed on Son of Sparda or go back and replay it on easy because this game is amazing I would play it a billion times lol

Oh I found a good guide on Trueachievements the top one for Fill your dark Soul with Light. Pretty awesome guide because it has all the Collectibles in the videos. But thanks for all the tips good to know abbout collectible bonus! :} I'll send a message if I need more help.

Old 02-27-2014, 12:50 PM   #7
SLEEPYvsPSYCHO

WCC SLEEPY's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJaded View Post
The problem is in the beginning of the game you can't get all the collectible without the serent weapons. So I'll nab the ones I missed on Son of Sparda or go back and replay it on easy because this game is amazing I would play it a billion times lol

Oh I found a good guide on Trueachievements the top one for Fill your dark Soul with Light. Pretty awesome guide because it has all the Collectibles in the videos. But thanks for all the tips good to know abbout collectible bonus! :} I'll send a message if I need more help.
Can you link to this "pretty awesome guide"?
Pretty please with some sugar on top
SLEEPYvsPSYCHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:41 PM   #8
MissJaded

MissJaded's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLEEPYvsPSYCHO View Post
Can you link to this "pretty awesome guide"?
Pretty please with some sugar on top
Cheer you go:

http://www.trueachievements.com/a173145/fill-your-dark-soul-with-light-achievement.htm

It's for all the collectibles and here is a walkthrough if needed:

http://www.trueachievements.com/DmC-Devil-May-Cry/walkthrough.htm