PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Community and Events > Community Gaming
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 12:20 PM   #1
Grifter Reborn
Community & Events Leader

Send a message via Skype™ to Grifter Reborn

Grifter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff - Community and Events Team   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Game of the Week: June 10-16 (Left 4 Dead 2)

Know what I hate? When the dead doesn't stay dead. Screw you zombies! How dare you defy the laws of nature? Well since the game of the week for June 10th - 16th is Left 4 Dead 2, I get to vent my frustrations by shooting them! Or using an axe. Or baseball bat. Or... Right... You get the idea. So help me destroy hordes of zombies. Pretty please. With sugar on top.

If you are interested in playing with x360a members, feel free to post in this thread and/or just drop into a game throughout the week. Staff members and Ambassadors will be creating rooms off and on during the week, but feel free to create your own x360a room and set it to public.

If you plan on hosting a session, please post in this thread so that people can join you! If you are joining a session, make sure you tell the host you are from x360a.

^Click my Sig to enjoy this incredible tournament!^

Special thanks to Rajeanero for making the VGO images!

Last edited by Grifter Reborn; 05-28-2013 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Forum link
Old 05-28-2013, 02:57 PM   #2
Barad
Reading 50 Shades of Grey

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891   Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   15,000 Posts
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
This game is amazing, one of most fun completions I've had. Will probably re-buy this, so cheap at this point.

**Work of Jardinho**
Old 05-29-2013, 10:23 AM   #3
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
This is by far my most played MP game, still play it most nights as well. I'll be down for this.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Old 05-29-2013, 10:22 PM   #4
troy0891 x360a
On Hiatus

Send a message via Skype™ to troy0891 x360a

troy0891 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Staff - Guide Team   Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   1,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   x360a Representer   Staff Club - troy0891   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
It would be amazing if we could get some good 4v4 going. I'm gonna have to work on playing this a lot in the in between so I can learn the freakin maps

If anyone wants to practice/brush up prior to the week of, send me a message on xbl.
And check the GreenBook for abandoned works you may be able to lend a hand on
My Blog
Old 05-29-2013, 11:53 PM   #5
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Should of did the first one. I'll see if I can borrow this game the week we play.
Old 06-01-2013, 05:19 AM   #6
T0MAZ0

gearling's Gamercard
Guess it's time to start playing this one again. Loved L4D2, it was even my first xbox game.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:34 PM   #7
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Just a heads up, the official dedicated servers for this are fucked, well have been for a couple weeks now. I'm talking glitched finales, restarting maps, getting kicked back to the main screen, unplayable lag (Seems to only be US servers, EU ones don't load most of the time but when they do they work fine).

Can use local hosting though.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Old 06-01-2013, 01:04 PM   #8
Spanish Assault

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout x360a View Post
Just a heads up, the official dedicated servers for this are fucked, well have been for a couple weeks now. I'm talking glitched finales, restarting maps, getting kicked back to the main screen, unplayable lag (Seems to only be US servers, EU ones don't load most of the time but when they do they work fine).

Can you trick the game to having some one host it like the first L4D?

This is why we should of did the original L4D.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:40 PM   #9
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
Can you trick the game to having some one host it like the first L4D?

This is why we should of did the original L4D.
You don't need to, you can choose local or official dedicated. I've had bad experiences with local but that's usually because the host has a poor upload.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Old 06-01-2013, 02:43 PM   #10
Spanish Assault

Quote:
You don't need to, you can choose local or official dedicated. I've had bad experiences with local but that's usually because the host has a poor upload.
I can see how much of an issue it would be if you played with someone from the US.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:20 PM   #11
tigersrule
Community & Events Team

Tiger XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Platinum   XBA Representer   Staff Club - tigersrule   Staff - Community and Events Team   1,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:

We had no problems with the servers a couple of days ago.

^Click my Sig to learn more!^

Special thanks to Rajeanero for making the VGO images!
Old 06-02-2013, 11:39 AM   #12
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigersrule View Post
We had no problems with the servers a couple of days ago.
Should have clarified that it's the Eastern servers, West Coasters seem to be alright but still have some iffy ones. Whenever I play it usually ends up with me hosting so we get a good Euro server otherwise we'll get fucked by East Coast servers.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Old 06-02-2013, 04:31 PM   #13
Dos Equis

A Tasty Duck's Gamercard
Talking

Finally a reason to return to some L4D2. Although I have finals that week...studying is overrated. xD
Old 06-03-2013, 04:19 PM   #14
troy0891 x360a
On Hiatus

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Staff - Guide Team   Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   1,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   x360a Representer   Staff Club - troy0891   Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dos Equis View Post
Finally a reason to return to some L4D2. Although I have finals that week...studying is overrated. xD
We will likely be playing throughout the day and night. Study first; game second. We can be a nice break in between
My Blog
Old 06-03-2013, 08:10 PM   #15
WOLFkraut

WOLFkraut's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Aw, man, this would be a fun game to play with x360a members, but I only own the PC version! Oh well, one of these days a game will come up that I actually have, lol.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:54 AM   #16
andregurov

andregurov's Gamercard
I just picked this up ... I'll have to get my ears wet with it, and then dive into some co-op (perhaps with members here???!!!).
Old 06-04-2013, 06:08 AM   #17
SpeeDemon X64

SpeeDemon X64's Gamercard
Sigh no one plays this anymore
Old 06-04-2013, 09:01 AM   #18
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeeDemon X64 View Post
Sigh no one plays this anymore
That's not true.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Old 06-04-2013, 06:14 PM   #19
Spade.
Speedrunning

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

jacob xba's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place   Submit - Silver   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Count. Me. IN.

Lovelovelovelovelove this game!! Can't wait to beat play with you guys! This is going to be awesome!
Old 06-05-2013, 09:46 AM   #20
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

I'll play, if it's on a local server though things could get interesting

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Old 06-09-2013, 12:09 AM   #21
Jardinho

Jardinho's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Green Thumb - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   GRID 2 Award   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Might as well check this out. Bought this on sale on GoD the other week and I've still got at least one campaign to do.
I'd show my primary life-taking asset, but I don't think I can post dildos here.
Old 06-09-2013, 03:44 PM   #22
Spanish Assault

For those of you wanting to buy this game BEST BUY has it one sale for $10.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:19 PM   #23
troy0891 x360a
On Hiatus

I've been playing this game a bit this last week and I've found that using the dedicated server you will be subjected to intermittent lag issues affecting the whole team. Using a local server you could find the whole thing goes to shit and everyone is returned to the lobby while the host's game is restarted (watching initial game load screens and everything). I think we should stick to dedicated servers and just know that there is likely going to be some lag issues. This is probably not the best time to try for the expert runs.
My Blog
Old 06-10-2013, 01:37 AM   #24
Merch

GoodCoffeeJoey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I'm down for versus, expert or pretty much anything else people want to play.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:51 AM   #25
StayonTarget
It's a Carton!

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Submit - Diamond
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Well because the person who I was supposed to return this game to didn't show up at school for the last month I still have this game. We need to get some people together to unlock "STRENGTH IN NUMBERS."
Old 06-10-2013, 09:18 AM   #26
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy0891 x360a View Post
I've been playing this game a bit this last week and I've found that using the dedicated server you will be subjected to intermittent lag issues affecting the whole team. Using a local server you could find the whole thing goes to shit and everyone is returned to the lobby while the host's game is restarted (watching initial game load screens and everything). I think we should stick to dedicated servers and just know that there is likely going to be some lag issues. This is probably not the best time to try for the expert runs.
Like I mentioned above, it's American (East Coast for the most part) servers that have the lag issues, European servers are pretty much fine lag wise. I've found myself hosting more lobbies lately just to avoid the stupid lag. (which really does make it unplayable whenever you get hit by it)

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Old 06-10-2013, 10:01 AM   #27
Floodclaw

Floodclaw's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Never Final
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Feel free to hit me up whenever I'm online, I'd love to dip into this game again.
Maybe even do some Expert or Realism campaigns if we're good enough. I don't have any of the DLC though.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:52 PM   #28
troy0891 x360a
On Hiatus

I'm online now. Shoot me a message on xbl if you wanna play. I'll send you a party invite and we can get our L4D on
My Blog
Old 06-10-2013, 10:19 PM   #29
Spanish Assault

I'll have to borrow this if I want to play....which I might not.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:19 AM   #30
StayonTarget
It's a Carton!

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Submit - Diamond
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Anyone want to set up a time to get a 4 player game going?
Closed Thread