PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Condemned: Criminal Origins
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-10-2011, 12:24 AM   #1
zhoban

zhoban's Gamercard
Lack of Scare Factor

I bought this game quite some time ago and played through it, I beat it too actually. I even played through at night time to see if it was a scary game. However, it wasn't. I was never paranoid and I was never scared like it was supposed to be. Instead I was too busy dealing with fighting that I hated, a storyline I couldn't care less about and characters who had no depth to them.

I tried, so hard to like this game. I wanted so badly to like it because of how scary I've heard other people say it was.

"I was weak, that's why I needed you. I needed someone to punish me for my sins. But that's all over now, I know the truth. Now it's time to end this." - James Sunderland (Silent Hill 2)

zhoban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:26 PM   #2
DavidS

Davidskv's Gamercard
this one is not so scary as the second one wich is much more scary in my opinion.
DavidS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:11 AM   #3
Tsaako

tsaako's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I just recently bought this because it was real cheap. Didn't know what to expect and I didn't even know it was meant to be "scary" Haven't finished it yet but I do jump a little at times and feel the suspense though.
Tsaako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:15 PM   #4
DadofDOOM

DadofDOOM's Gamercard
I found it to be tense more than scary. I think of it more along the lines of a supernatural detective novel than a horror one, think Robin Cook titles like Coma instead of Stephen King.
DadofDOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:47 PM   #5
Shiftie

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DadofDOOM View Post
I found it to be tense more than scary. I think of it more along the lines of a supernatural detective novel than a horror one, think Robin Cook titles like Coma instead of Stephen King.
I think that's a good description.. going through dark, abandoned buildings without knowing what's around the next corner, and usually carrying nothing but a pipe is pretty tense. Though, getting followed through a department store by a bunch of mannequins is freaky as shit.

(^Literally the coolest part of SWTOR)

Last edited by Shiftie; 08-09-2013 at 09:22 PM.
Shiftie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:05 AM   #6
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftie View Post
I think that's a good description.. going through dark, abandoned buildings without knowing what's around the next corner, and usually carrying nothing but a pipe is pretty tense. Though, getting followed through a department store by a punch of mannequins is freaky as shit.

Completly agree,plus the bad guys were humans that were drugged up crazies like the people from Bioshock.

I find the game to be really tense. Crazy people are scarier then ''monstors'' because it really could happen. The fact that you never feel ''Unstoppable'' and that from 2-3 strong hits you could die,always had me on my toes.

The Manequens following me in the store was creepy,and when the Detective would have those weird visions always had me making him back up slowly and saying ''It will be over soon''. I know how the guy felt I've had drug trips like that,lol.

Thanks goes to Captain Slaughter for the signature.
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:04 PM   #7
luuwat

luuwat's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
there really isnt any scary parts, maybe 2, one when the guy climbs up on you from the bototm of the stairs and the 2nd guy in the locker
luuwat is offline   Reply With Quote