PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > Race Driver: GRID
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-14-2007, 04:24 AM   #1
Frizzed

TMM Frizzed's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
R.I.P V8Supercars & BTCC & TOCA

This from the official Codemasters GRID Forums

Quote:
ďOk, then Iíve finally been cleared to drop this one out there.
No V8.
And no DTM, either.
Various reason for this, most of which I canít go into for reasons of commercial sensitivity.
We do still hold licenses for those championships, and we do still have ideas for what we want to do with them, but not as part of Grid - what those ideas are, I canít say, and nothing has been greenlit or confirmed at all, but we do know that these are popular series, and no decision relating to them has been taken lightly.
So far, the PR activity has played up the new ďstreetĒ aspects over the trad aspects as we need to reach out to a new market- but to reiterate, thatís not all there is. We do have a very prestigous, real-world championship signed up that Iím bursting to tell you about, but canít.
But we do need to reach out to new people- Costs of next-genaration development at this stage demand that. Like it or not, we do need to sell games in the US to survive, and while Race Driver historically did better than Colin McRae in that regard, itís still not good enough.
So, if the lack of those two championships is a total deal-breaker, then fair enough, GRID probably isnít for you, and itís probably best if you stop following it and weighing it down with expectations of a straight sequel to RD3 which itís not going to be. No hard feelings from this side, I know itís a disappointing thing to hear if youíre a fan of a series when it takes a turn you may not be happy with, but the ultimate result may actually be better for everybody.
www.codemasters.com
XBL Gamertag: RichXM655

A disappointing end to an era, for anyone that has followed this series from the original game would agree with me, particularly people from the UK and Australia. The feeling I get from this is Codemasters has just kicked half their supporter base in the chest and would rather sell out and get more money by making a game of this style rather then staying true to their true supporters and fans.

The new Race Driver: GRID game will feature 3 continents but it will not include the V8 Supercars, BTCC or TOCA touring cars. The game has taken a turn and will aim to be a cross of Need For Speed Pro Street and PGR 4 as an arcade street racing style game. It will include a selection of cars from US(muscle), Europe(exotic) and Japan(tuner).

With development well under way and the aim of releasing this game mid next year, there is no way Codemasters would be able to change their minds or add any more racing competitions in the game.

I had a feeling this game would turn out to be a PGR4 style game by just looking at the screenshots, It looks very similar to PGR4.

Will we ever get a true racing sim for the Xbox 360 ?

Frizzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 02:31 PM   #2
Thrak360

Thrak360's Gamercard
Much less interessted in this game if it ends up like Need for Speed or Project Gotham. I guess I'm in the minority, someone in the US who appreciated the licensing in the earlier Race Driver games, and wanted nothing more besides traditional rally racing in a Colin McRae game.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:37 AM   #3
vgcollateral

iSu Collateral's Gamercard
this could be good though, if they still hold the licences then they could release another BTCC game, that was the first game i owned on the playstation all the way back in 97'.
vgcollateral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 05:52 AM   #4
Parkerktm

Send a message via AIM to Parkerktm

JUST DO IT7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I can't wait for this game, its going to kick ass.

Codemaster never dissapoints

God Bless America

Parkerktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 02:20 PM   #5
JLogan27

JLogan27's Gamercard
Yeah, I was really impressed with Codemaster's Dirt so I am quite a bit interested in this one. If it is like PGR, though, I won't get it. I hated PGR 3.

JLogan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 06:10 PM   #6
pined5551

Traveller Nick's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLogan27 View Post
Yeah, I was really impressed with Codemaster's Dirt so I am quite a bit interested in this one. If it is like PGR, though, I won't get it. I hated PGR 3.
me too, dirt was awesome and even better than that was pgr 3&4. I know
there vey different styles of games and so cannot be objectivley compared but a blend of codemaster talents, pgr style street racing, forza track racing and an all new drift racing championships thrown into one has gotta be a winner, achiements look "interesteing," shall we say. Winning 24hour le mans race on pro is gonna be amazing to do, on that note i would be very surprised if u actually had to race for 24 hours, i dunno how there gonna get around that, but we'll soon find out. If it is a real 24 hour race then it will surely separate the men from the boys when it comes to racing games, either way, im having his achiement.
pined5551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 03:03 PM   #7
oneandonlytommo

II tommo 91 II's Gamercard
i just loved the toca games on ps1 they were the first games on that console i ever owned. i just wish they would bring them beack for the 360 that would be so good.

oneandonlytommo is offline   Reply With Quote