Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Community and Events > Ambassadors
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 07:02 PM   #61
Capn Doug
Community and Events Lead

Capn Doug XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Ceris   Staff Club - rekikire   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Platinum   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 2   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 50 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BooseyGirl View Post
Maybe we should think about starting x360a Chapters, kind of like the VFW. We could try to place Chapters in each state or major city/capital?

Edit: By the way, if anyone needs a cheap room for PAX Washington, just let me know.
I know I've offered to host people in Vancouver before. We have a number of members from the Pacific Northwest, and Vancouver is a great city for people who have never been.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:39 PM   #62
Grifter Reborn

Send a message via Skype™ to Grifter Reborn

Grifter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
So we're generating quite a bit of interest over merchandise and PAX/Con's so far. Chapters for more local events sounds interesting and feasible from a travel/spare time/financial stand point.

Merchandise is still up for decision by admin, and I don't know if they intend to keep the logos for when the rebranding occurs. With E3 coming to a close, hopefully they'll be able to discuss more in the near future.

With E3, should we talk about the elephant in the room? If the (lack of decent) posts in the XB1 forums in the last few days are any indication, is this program going to lose membership this coming fall? Next year?

Full disclosure: I will be on the 360 for at least another year. After that I would have to let you know, because I always wait several months at least on purchasing a new console to make an informed decision.

Change is inevitable.

Old 06-14-2013, 10:43 PM   #63
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifter Reborn View Post
So we're generating quite a bit of interest over merchandise and PAX/Con's so far. Chapters for more local events sounds interesting and feasible from a travel/spare time/financial stand point.

Merchandise is still up for decision by admin, and I don't know if they intend to keep the logos for when the rebranding occurs. With E3 coming to a close, hopefully they'll be able to discuss more in the near future.

With E3, should we talk about the elephant in the room? If the (lack of decent) posts in the XB1 forums in the last few days are any indication, is this program going to lose membership this coming fall? Next year?

Full disclosure: I will be on the 360 for at least another year. After that I would have to let you know, because I always wait several months at least on purchasing a new console to make an informed decision.
I dunno....some of us older members might not make the jump to the next console. Someone did say that the children are out future....so maybe the kiddies on the xbox 1 forum will grow up and make good ambassadors some day.

Odds are that if I upgrade it will be to PC. I'm going to wait and see as well.

Old 06-15-2013, 07:43 PM   #64
BooseyGirl
Banned User

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:

I have loyalty to the 360 and will be keeping my console as long as they produce games for it and keep it alive. I am planning on being active in the Xbox One forums, but that's kind of up in the air at this point, the same as a lot of other members.

Do you think we'll be changing the name of the website too if we decide to change logos? Or will we keep loyalty to the 360 and leave everything as is? It feels like EVERYTHING is up in the air, and it could be a long way down...
Old 06-15-2013, 07:51 PM   #65
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - troy0891   Donator - Level 4   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Gold   x360a Representer   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - DeekBoy   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Micro Guide - Emerald
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:

i never thought about this. the future could indeed be bleak. i have no intention of migrating from the site. i plan on sticking with the 360 for as long as possible, but even if i do get a PS4 over the xbox one(looking likely), i will still use this site for guides and stuff, considering it's practically the same information.

We should all just strip naked, wear tin foil hats and sing Kumbaya from the rooftops, ya know, just to be safe. works for conspiracy weirdos, could work for us too.

Huge thanks to DEG23 for the sig.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:33 PM   #66
Grifter Reborn

Send a message via Skype™ to Grifter Reborn

Grifter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Quote:
Originally Posted by BooseyGirl View Post
I have loyalty to the 360 and will be keeping my console as long as they produce games for it and keep it alive. I am planning on being active in the Xbox One forums, but that's kind of up in the air at this point, the same as a lot of other members.

Do you think we'll be changing the name of the website too if we decide to change logos? Or will we keep loyalty to the 360 and leave everything as is? It feels like EVERYTHING is up in the air, and it could be a long way down...
There will be changes. Time will tell for sure, but logically speaking...typing...

Would you build multiple sites for multiple platforms or just have the multiple domain names registered and simply redirect to one site? And if you build one site, would you want it to say something about only one console (360) or generic enough to include all consoles? Food for thought.

My original point was about what the membership's goals/intentions are. Not worrying what the site is doing. Admin/staff have their own plans to resolve and we won't be privy to that info until they're ready. So for now, let's move past merchandise and rebranding until they're ready to discuss those possibilities and focus on us.

Change is inevitable.

Closed Thread