Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Announcements
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-12-2013, 07:27 PM   #31
HadMatters13
Mod/Maximum Clubs' Jester

Send a message via Skype™ to HadMatters13

Madhatters13's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - Madhatters13   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 4   1,000 Posts   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Forza 3 Subscribers Tournament- Winner   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 Winners   Castle Crashers Subscribers Tourn. - Second Place
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Excellent interview there Kairi. I ruined the illusion of a Phil Harrison interview straight away, thanks to my inability to not click spoilers.

I share your love of Japan, and actually started dabbling in learning the language myself a few weeks ago. So far I've learned that no-one can agree on the best place to start, so settled on something simple with Hiragana.

I loved that you gave a mention to Spyro: Year of the Dragon as one of your favourite games. I spent so long playing that with my sister; the skateboard battles with Hunter were amongst my favourite parts, along with the final battle with all those vehicles. I heard a lot of good things about 999 when it came out, but as of yet haven't played it. You've pushed it back up my "to buy" list with this interview though.

I'm guilty of mentally pronouncing your name wrong too (care-ree). It's fixed now though. Never again.

~ Thanks to troy for the innocent looking hamster! ~
~ Feelings grow into hopes || Ready for Persona 5 and Dreamfall Chapters! ~
~ Swashbucklin' Diplomas for all || Xbox One Points Breakdown || Tales from the Jester's tower ~
HadMatters13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:46 PM   #32
Kairi
Guide and Award Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   CABS Beta Tester   Green Thumb - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatters13 View Post
Excellent interview there Kairi. I ruined the illusion of a Phil Harrison interview straight away, thanks to my inability to not click spoilers.

I share your love of Japan, and actually started dabbling in learning the language myself a few weeks ago. So far I've learned that no-one can agree on the best place to start, so settled on something simple with Hiragana.

I loved that you gave a mention to Spyro: Year of the Dragon as one of your favourite games. I spent so long playing that with my sister; the skateboard battles with Hunter were amongst my favourite parts, along with the final battle with all those vehicles. I heard a lot of good things about 999 when it came out, but as of yet haven't played it. You've pushed it back up my "to buy" list with this interview though.

I'm guilty of mentally pronouncing your name wrong too (care-ree). It's fixed now though. Never again.
Thank you! That's understandable; I like clicking on spoilers too unless someone tells me that I should not look at it. In that case, I avoid that spoiler just like that Roquefort cheese I mentioned! XD

Nice to see someone else that loves Japan as well! I had no idea where to start either, especially with the writing. I still can't read it at all. :/

I've spent A LOT of time on Year of the Dragon over the years as well as Ripto's Rage and Spyro the Dragon. Year of the Dragon was my favorite of the three with Ripto's Rage coming in as a close second. The skateboarding races were really enjoyable as well getting to play as some of the other characters like Sheila, Sgt Byrd, and Bentley; I wasn't a fan of playing as Agent 9 though. XD If you have a DS, I believe that 999 is a must buy if you have any interest in it at all! They have a sequel to it on the 3DS called Virtue's Last Reward that I REALLY want to play extremely badly, but I don't have a 3DS.

I think a lot of people are guilty of mentally pronouncing it wrong, or actually pronouncing it wrong, so it's okay! XD Glad that can be fixed now though! lol

Take everything away from me, silent angel.
Kairi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:56 PM   #33
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Oh definitely! Activision pretty much killed the genre by releasing an insane amount of Guitar Hero games at once. It doesn't surprise me though since Activision has a tendency to ruin things in my opinion. They ruin series like Spyro by rebooting the series twice, ruin genres like this one by milking them, and ruin companies by closing them like Bizarre Creations for example.
I love this, lol. Brutal honestly

Great interview overall!

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly sauve signature!

Last edited by BiggD; 06-13-2013 at 06:05 PM.
BiggD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:12 PM   #34
BooseyGirl
Banned User

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Congratulations on the Spotlight!

It's nice to see other people becoming interested in Japan, although I think video games and anime do highly contribute to that population. I'm a Japanese Studies major myself in college, don't worry though, a lot of people have a hard time with the language who haven't been exposed to it on a daily basis for most of their lives. It really does require a lot of studying, but I'm sure you'll be able to read it soon enough!
BooseyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 05:21 PM   #35
Kairi
Guide and Award Staff

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   CABS Beta Tester   Green Thumb - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
I love this, lol. Brutal honestly

Great interview overall!
Thanks! XD I wonder what Activision is going to ruin next! LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by BooseyGirl View Post
Congratulations on the Spotlight!

It's nice to see other people becoming interested in Japan, although I think video games and anime do highly contribute to that population. I'm a Japanese Studies major myself in college, don't worry though, a lot of people have a hard time with the language who haven't been exposed to it on a daily basis for most of their lives. It really does require a lot of studying, but I'm sure you'll be able to read it soon enough!
Thank you! I've always had some interest in Japan and the culture, but I think video games helped me become more interested in it. Currently, I've been working on learning different words and listening to a bunch of Japanese music to help with listening to the language, which has surprisingly been really helpful for me so far; I got to sit in a Japanese class for a day last year, and was able to understand some of what they were saying! =D I bet it does require a lot of studying, but I'm up for the challenge and hope to be able to start reading it soon!

Old 06-17-2013, 06:52 PM   #36
KillerBEA
Anger Issues

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
Awesome interview Kimi, nice to learn a little more about you.

A little surprised your not into anime though lol
KillerBEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:28 PM   #37
Kairi
Guide and Award Staff

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBEA View Post
Awesome interview Kimi, nice to learn a little more about you.

A little surprised your not into anime though lol
Thanks BEA!

It seems like it surprised quite a few people! You think someone such as myself would enjoy it since I like pretty much everything else that is Japanese, but I honestly find anime rather boring. :/ That may be because I tend to find watching some things boring in general, like TV shows for example. I watch TV extremely rarely because it usually bores me and when I do, it's normally either the news or World's Dumbest Criminals or something like that. I'm not sure when the last time I actually followed a TV series before; it had to be a long time ago. XD

Old 06-17-2013, 11:37 PM   #38
KillerBEA
Anger Issues

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairi View Post
Thanks BEA!

It seems like it surprised quite a few people! You think someone such as myself would enjoy it since I like pretty much everything else that is Japanese, but I honestly find anime rather boring. :/ That may be because I tend to find watching some things boring in general, like TV shows for example. I watch TV extremely rarely because it usually bores me and when I do, it's normally either the news or World's Dumbest Criminals or something like that. I'm not sure when the last time I actually followed a TV series before; it had to be a long time ago. XD
I'm not too into watching stuff either but if I try something whether it be anime or not anime I get hooked on it and can't stop watching. I went through the 1st 2 seasons of Dexter really quickly cause of this. If I am watching something though I usually have to do something else at the same time or just be really bored. Once I stop watching something to go to sleep or do something else its actually quite hard to get myself to sit down and watch it more.
KillerBEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:32 AM   #39
Kairi
Guide and Award Staff

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Quote:
I'm not too into watching stuff either but if I try something whether it be anime or not anime I get hooked on it and can't stop watching. I went through the 1st 2 seasons of Dexter really quickly cause of this. If I am watching something though I usually have to do something else at the same time or just be really bored. Once I stop watching something to go to sleep or do something else its actually quite hard to get myself to sit down and watch it more.
I don't remember the last time I was hooked on watching something; that had to be ages ago as well. Normally I just get extremely bored and just stop watching! XD I haven't given anything a try in quite a while either, but I may try watching Bates Motel soon. It seems pretty interesting to me and it sounds like something I would probably like since it's suspense; I may get hooked on that show! lol

Old 06-18-2013, 03:56 AM   #40
Spade.
Telemiscommunications

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Jacob XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
That's me with achievement hunting, it's hard for me to sit down and do somethings but when I get past that first step, I'm alright.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:07 AM   #41
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
wait...

nevermind you can't do that yet. Good read either way!
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:07 PM   #42
Kairi
Guide and Award Staff

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post
wait...

nevermind you can't do that yet. Good read either way!
LOL I will not be able to do that for a long time, plus once I'm old enough I don't plan on ever starting. I'll join you if you give me Cherry Coke instead though! ;P

Old 06-20-2013, 03:42 PM   #43
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Congrats on the spotlight Kairi, great interview.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:43 PM   #44
Obsolete XBA
Master of Bacon (the cat)

Send a message via MSN to Obsolete XBA Send a message via Skype™ to Obsolete XBA

Obsolete XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 3   Subscriber - Gold   Community Gaming - Bronze   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Great interview and a great read, nice to learn more about you
Old 06-28-2013, 02:38 AM   #45
Tyger7

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Quote:
LOL I will not be able to do that for a long time, plus once I'm old enough I don't plan on ever starting. I'll join you if you give me Cherry Coke instead though! ;P
You'll think it's just a cherry coke...

Xbox360 games I have
Old 06-28-2013, 02:46 AM   #46
Kairi
Guide and Award Staff

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
Congrats on the spotlight Kairi, great interview.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsolete x360a View Post
Great interview and a great read, nice to learn more about you
Thanks both of you! I'm glad you thought it was great! ^_^

Quote:
You'll think it's just a cherry coke...
Whoa there, what are you plotting? :P I'm going to need to watch my drinks now...

Old 06-28-2013, 02:47 AM   #47
Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Quote:
Thanks both of you! I'm glad you thought it was great! ^_^

Whoa there, what are you plotting? :P I'm going to need to watch my drinks now...
I meant it will be a regular coke.

Xbox360 games I have
Old 06-28-2013, 02:55 AM   #48
Kairi
Guide and Award Staff

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Quote:
I meant it will be a regular coke.
Are you sure about that? XD I wouldn't mistaken a regular coke for a cherry coke; they taste rather different!:P

Old 06-28-2013, 03:01 AM   #49
Yunder

Send a message via MSN to Yunder

YUNDERSTAND's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Achievement Guide - Gold   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - troy0891   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Yunder   Submit - Emerald
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Are you sure about that? XD I wouldn't mistaken a regular coke for a cherry coke; they taste rather different!:P
He might make it a Diet Coke.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:20 AM   #50
Kairi
Guide and Award Staff

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunder View Post
He might make it a Diet Coke.
I can tell the difference between diet, regular AND cherry! You can't fool me! XD

Old 06-28-2013, 03:21 AM   #51
Corrupt.
Guide Team High Council

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff - Guide Team   Green Thumb - Gold   Staff Club - TemporalWizard
Total Awards: 45 (more» ...)
I'm drinking Cherry Coke Zero at the minute. So nice.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:31 AM   #52
Jakez123

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Free Agents - First Place   Community Gaming - Bronze   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Winner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupt x360a View Post
Oh no, save me.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:42 AM   #53
Kairi
Guide and Award Staff

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Quote:
Cherry Coke Zero is awesome! I like that along with Coke Zero, Cherry Coke, or regular Coke. My favorite is any of those in slushie form though. I absolutely LOVE slushies, especially coke flavored ones! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakez123 View Post
Oh no, save me.
I know you love regular coke, but is Zero that bad in your opinion? D:

Old 06-28-2013, 03:50 AM   #54
Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

There is such a thing called Rum and Coke so I'm guessing there is a Rum and Cherry Coke. Consider yourself spiked!

Xbox360 games I have
Old 06-28-2013, 04:26 AM   #55
Jakez123

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Free Agents - First Place   Community Gaming - Bronze   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Winner
Quote:
Cherry Coke Zero is awesome! I like that along with Coke Zero, Cherry Coke, or regular Coke. My favorite is any of those in slushie form though. I absolutely LOVE slushies, especially coke flavored ones! XD

I know you love regular coke, but is Zero that bad in your opinion? D:
I greatly dislike Coke Zero and I can't bring myself to think how bad a cherry coke Zero must taste. It's like trying out a Diet Coke Lime or Diet Coke cherry in it, terrible.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:35 AM   #56
Kairi
Guide and Award Staff

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Quote:
There is such a thing called Rum and Coke so I'm guessing there is a Rum and Cherry Coke. Consider yourself spiked!
Nooooooooooo! D: I will not drink that! I knew you were up to something! :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakez123 View Post
I greatly dislike Coke Zero and I can't bring myself to think how bad a cherry coke Zero must taste. It's like trying out a Diet Coke Lime or Diet Coke cherry in it, terrible.
I like Zero, it's Diet Coke that I strongly dislike the taste of. Cherry Coke Zero isn't bad, you should at least try it once! The regular Cherry Coke is the best though; it's a shame my parents don't buy it as often as the Cherry Coke Zero. Diet Coke Lime?! O_o I've never even heard of that! Diet Cherry Coke is okay; it's probably the only Diet Coke I don't mind drinking although the Cherry versions of regular and Zero are much better.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:52 AM   #57
Corrupt.
Guide Team High Council

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff - Guide Team   Green Thumb - Gold   Staff Club - TemporalWizard
Diet coke tastes like wet socks.

I can't help but feel this thread has gone slightly off topic
Old 06-28-2013, 02:46 PM   #58
Spade.
Telemiscommunications

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Jacob XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place
Quote:
Diet coke tastes like wet socks.

I can't help but feel this thread has gone slightly off topic
Where would such an idea come from?
Old 06-28-2013, 03:39 PM   #59
Corrupt.
Guide Team High Council

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

I forget.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:19 PM   #60
Grifter Reborn

Send a message via Skype™ to Grifter Reborn

Grifter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)

Change is inevitable.

Grifter Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote