Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Xbox One
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 02:56 PM   #1
CaptainKicker

Send a message via MSN to CaptainKicker

Zefph's Gamercard
Xbox One will Launch games with 60fps@1080 - PS4 with 30fps@1080?!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...-playstation-4

Quite suprised after reading this. Driveclub is a joke of a racing game, compared to Forza and GT, but man, Forza is really going to kick some butts when it comes to racing.

Don't really get it, when people say that the PS4 is 40% stronger than the Xbox, and this comes out. I mean, should'nt develepors choose the best gaming experience? And is'nt that in Sonys interest for a lineup?

Btw, nice article about the games. Too bad, many of them are'nt that good compared to the Xbox One lineup, but that's a whole other topic.

Xbox One: Day One Edition Owner!

Last edited by CaptainKicker; 06-19-2013 at 02:59 PM.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:04 PM   #2
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Wasn't Battlefield 4 running at 60FPS during the Sony demo? I'm pretty sure they mentioned that. Anyway, the Xbox 360 is capable of running games at 60FPS now so I'm sure the PS4 will have no problem doing the same. It's going to be up to developers on an individual game basis in the end.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:10 PM   #3
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Interesting article! Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
Wasn't Battlefield 4 running at 60FPS during the Sony demo? I'm pretty sure they mentioned that. Anyway, the Xbox 360 is capable of running games at 60FPS now so I'm sure the PS4 will have no problem doing the same. It's going to be up to developers on an individual game basis in the end.
I don't think BF4 was shown at the Sony conference? I thought BF4 was only shown during the MS conference.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:10 PM   #4
A Medium Bear

Like Gazelle's Gamercard
Yeah, the optimization process probably has begun yet. The reality is, we will have to wait and see after launch. I prefer 60fps being a primary PC gamer but 30fps would be fine. The only issue at the moment is the drops to the low to mid 20's. They are extremely irritating.

Crysis 3, prime example.

Old 06-19-2013, 03:15 PM   #5
Mitch3315

parra pride's Gamercard
Drive Club is a joke? Oh, so you've played it enough already to pass judgement on it? Do you mind if I borrow your time machine?
Old 06-19-2013, 03:18 PM   #6
CaptainKicker

Zefph's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch3315 View Post
Drive Club is a joke? Oh, so you've played it enough already to pass judgement on it? Do you mind if I borrow your time machine?
Great Scott!!

Okay, a joke may be a bit to harsh, but honestly, Forza and GT looks 100% more badass than Drivelcub. Driveclub is just an excuse for having a racing game on launch.

But from what I've seen of the game, I'll stand by my opinion.

Old 06-19-2013, 03:21 PM   #7
WalterWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
I don't think BF4 was shown at the Sony conference? I thought BF4 was only shown during the MS conference.
I think you're right, now I'm trying to figure out what I've confused it with. I should probably watch both shows all over again for the hell of it now. Oh well, as I said it's going to be up to developers either way. 60FPS is definitely not going to be standard for everything that releases.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:22 PM   #8
CaptainKicker

Zefph's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
I think you're right, now I'm trying to figure out what I've confused it with. I should probably watch both shows all over again for the hell of it now. Oh well, as I said it's going to be up to developers either way. 60FPS is definitely not going to be standard for everything that releases.
Could be Destiny, you're thinking of? That's the only FPS, I remember Sony showing.

Old 06-19-2013, 03:28 PM   #9
MMDE

Let's bluntly look at numbers...

No, let's not. The reason is the PS4 games seems to want to focus on looking better rather than having a higher frame rate. Personally, I don't care too much about how it looks, but smoothly playing and less issues between me and the actual game, the better. With that said, normal TVs used to be less than 30FPS, simply because there's a limit to how many pictures per second your head can handle, but I still like it to be higher than that. <_<

In any case, the reason for why the case of this thread is have I already stated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainKicker View Post
Could be Destiny, you're thinking of? That's the only FPS, I remember Sony showing.
Remember, Destiny is one of many many FPS games that is doomed to be released on PS4. Not sure if it's running on 30 or 60 fps.

When you know PS4 is stronger, it is unlikely X1 doesn't trade the higher frame rate for something. Obvious reason is obvious. In any case X1 will get some help from MS's "cloud", but this can just as well be used for any 360, PS3 and PS4 games too, just not MS's servers.

I think it's interesting to notice how MS wasn't really using X1 to showcase any of their games, they even used NVidia graphic cards, which won't be in the console.

Consumer's power; why we have nice things!
Umbasa

Last edited by MMDE; 06-19-2013 at 03:33 PM.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:30 PM   #10
WalterWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainKicker View Post
That's what I'm thinking I confused it with but that seems too obvious. It's all a damn blur. I felt like I saw some suit from Sony sitting on a couch (Spike broadcast) after a stage demo talking about something running at 60FPS. Whatever, I'm not going to be able to figure this out. Ignore me!
Old 06-19-2013, 03:38 PM   #11
A Medium Bear

Like Gazelle's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMDE View Post
I think it's interesting to notice how MS wasn't really using X1 to showcase any of their games, they even used NVidia graphic cards, which won't be in the console.
I understand there is a source for the fact that MS was using PC's, but is there a source for the fact that they were using 700 series cards? Can you link me to that.

They've got a couple of pictures showing a Windows 7 OS and a computer case. Hardly proof. If you have a legitimate source, I will stand corrected.

Old 06-19-2013, 03:43 PM   #12
WalterWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Medium Bear View Post
I understand there is a source for the fact that MS was using PC's, but is there a source for the fact that they were using 700 series cards? Can you link me to that.

They've got a couple of pictures showing a Windows 7 OS and a computer case. Hardly proof. If you have a legitimate source, I will stand corrected.
I believe it was linked in this thread that was locked: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=494466
Old 06-19-2013, 03:46 PM   #13
A Medium Bear

Like Gazelle's Gamercard
Yeah, I've seen those, but they don't really prove a whole lot. I mean sure, the guy may have got a close-up view and spotted it but if he went to the trouble of taking those pictures to discredit MS wouldn't he have taken another one to slam the point home.

Although Microsoft does deserve some of this bad publicity, a lot of people are milking it for more than it is worth.

Old 06-19-2013, 03:51 PM   #14
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
I read a thing from EA a while back saying that BF4 would be running at 60fps on both next gen platforms.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:51 PM   #15
Evo Kazz
Completionist

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
I could of sworn I recall the Sony Conference Guy saying 60fps at some point, but I might of been thinking of MS conference.

Either way, unless your on a gaming PC it wont make much difference, at this stage people will nitpick, but on console release day most of those idiots wouldnt know the difference between 30/60fps if it bit them in the arse. It doesn't bother me either way, my TV supports both modes and there isn't much difference to me at least so it kinda breaks even.

I'm interested in Driveclub though, looks amazing! And it's free! Forza is amazing as well, no denying that, but its been done to death. I am hoping DC brings something new, probably not, but we can hope.

Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 36
Franchise Clubs - 5x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 10

Old 06-19-2013, 03:59 PM   #16
VonThronstahl

Throni360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver
Maybe Sony didn't feel like pointing 60fps out as a highlight because their console has more to offer.
Bejeweled Live, Crash Time 4: The Syndicate & 5: Undercover, Cro-Mag Rally, Centipede, Hunter's Trophy 2: America & Australia, SEGA Rally Online Arcade, Toy Soldiers: Boot Camp and Victorious: Time to Shine.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:01 PM   #17
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by evokazz View Post
I could of sworn I recall the Sony Conference Guy saying 60fps at some point, but I might of been thinking of MS conference.

Either way, unless your on a gaming PC it wont make much difference, at this stage people will nitpick, but on console release day most of those idiots wouldnt know the difference between 30/60fps if it bit them in the arse. It doesn't bother me either way, my TV supports both modes and there isn't much difference to me at least so it kinda breaks even.

I'm interested in Driveclub though, looks amazing! And it's free! Forza is amazing as well, no denying that, but its been done to death. I am hoping DC brings something new, probably not, but we can hope.
That's not true, you can easily tell the difference between 30-60fps. Improvements visually while moving/turning. Controls respond more accurately. Even casual players will notice things like that.
I definitely want most games to be running at 60fps.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:01 PM   #18
CaptainKicker

Zefph's Gamercard
Well, yeah Driveclub is free, but parts of the game will be locked on the PS+ version... So yeah.

Old 06-19-2013, 04:08 PM   #19
Evo Kazz
Completionist

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
That's not true, you can easily tell the difference between 30-60fps. Improvements visually while moving/turning. Controls respond more accurately. Even casual players will notice things like that.
I definitely want most games to be running at 60fps.
I agree, I also want everything in 60fps, but credit to you if you can spot the difference, because for me it's all the same, I have had to play 30fps a few times over past few years, and it's affected nothing at all. If Sony is 30fps Vs XB1 60fps, then that's a bit silly on Sonys side, but I don't think it will be a deciding factor for me at least.

Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 36
Franchise Clubs - 5x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 10

Old 06-19-2013, 04:10 PM   #20
Gackt
Banned User

Came across this recently
http://www.gamechup.com/jonathon-blo...s-on-xbox-one/
Old 06-19-2013, 04:13 PM   #21
WalterWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by evokazz View Post
I agree, I also want everything in 60fps, but credit to you if you can spot the difference, because for me it's all the same, I have had to play 30fps a few times over past few years, and it's affected nothing at all. If Sony is 30fps Vs XB1 60fps, then that's a bit silly on Sonys side, but I don't think it will be a deciding factor for me at least.
You only think you can't spot the difference but you can. All of the Call of Duty games run 60FPS, I'm pretty sure Gears of War does. Forza, Perfect Dark (XBLA), RAGE. Someone make a list!

Surprisingly, a lot of the older 360 games run at 60FPS. So that kind of tells you as games got larger throughout the generation that framerate had to be sacrificed for other things. I never thought about this too much but it's likely why we never saw a lot of innovation in Call of Duty titles. I know 60FPS was key to them all along and to change it up probably would have caused them a lot of problems. Probably to the point of having to start from scratch.

Quote:
Start reading what that man has to say and you'll never look at gaming the same way again. Good luck convincing others what Jonathon Blow has been saying for years. You think your opinions get heated responses now? Just wait. I recommend watching some of the conferences he's put on at universities. You'll lose a day on that alone. Gaming enlightenment at it's finest. I'm not going to lie, The Witness makes the PS4 an even easier decision for me.

Last edited by WalterWhite; 06-19-2013 at 04:21 PM.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:28 PM   #22
A Medium Bear

Like Gazelle's Gamercard
Quote:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...-4-at-a-glance

That too.

Old 06-19-2013, 04:43 PM   #23
Goodacre

Goodacre's Gamercard
the numbers are in Sony favor. and please, keep that "power of the cloudz" BS out of this discussion. it's a way for MS to try and justify a console the is $100 more expensive and 40% less powerful.

Old 06-19-2013, 04:45 PM   #24
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodacre View Post
the numbers are in Sony favor. and please, keep that "power of the cloudz" BS out of this discussion. it's a way for MS to try and justify a console the is $100 more expensive and 40% less powerful.

Actually, that $100 is for the Kinect.

And the cloud computing does a lot that the PS4 can't do. So why don't YOU just stop? You are embarrassing yourself with your ignorance.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:51 PM   #25
Kalixin

i will probably end up getting both of the systems one day. i collect a lot of em.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:52 PM   #26
A Medium Bear

Like Gazelle's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodacre View Post
It's getting kind of tired this discussion. People base the percentages of the Teraflops alone, it's kind of retarded.

Old 06-19-2013, 05:03 PM   #27
Gackt
Banned User

Quote:
And the cloud computing does a lot that the PS4 can't do. So why don't YOU just stop? You are embarrassing yourself with your ignorance.
In the interest of fairness Sony is getting cloud service as well, just not at launch
Old 06-19-2013, 05:04 PM   #28
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
In the interest of fairness Sony is getting cloud service as well, just not at launch
Cloud service. Does it include the computational advantages like MS's future service or just storage?
Old 06-19-2013, 05:08 PM   #29
Gackt
Banned User

Quote:
Cloud service. Does it include the computational advantages like MS's future service or just storage?
I know it's not just storage as Gaikai uses the cloud to stream games. And it's listed as "Cloud Gaming Service" but I have not found any more details aside from that.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:11 PM   #30
A Medium Bear

Like Gazelle's Gamercard
Quote:
I know it's not just storage as Gaikai uses the cloud to stream games. And it's listed as "Cloud Gaming Service" but I have not found any more details aside from that.
So that streaming game service won't be available from launch? I'm sick of telling some of my mates how to finish parts. Would rather do it for them.

Closed Thread