Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Community and Events > Tournaments
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 01:57 AM   #31
Delta3519

Delta3519's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - troy0891   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Doug View Post
Of course. Any achievement you unlock in a qualifying game will count. If music comes up and I decided to finally grind out Bling Bling in GH World Tour, it would count.
Ok I thought. When you where saying that this tournament is all about trying new games, it got me worried for a sec

Don't use ad blockers on this site please
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy0891 x360a
The fact that the ad doesn't load means it's counter doesn't progress. No hit counter progression = no money.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:04 AM   #32
Aceman417

Aceman417's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
So I take it current tags, no starting a new one?
Old 06-21-2013, 02:16 AM   #33
Delta3519

Delta3519's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - troy0891   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceman417 View Post
So I take it current tags, no starting a new one?
Right. Starting over will get you disqualified

Don't use ad blockers on this site please
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy0891 x360a
The fact that the ad doesn't load means it's counter doesn't progress. No hit counter progression = no money.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:15 PM   #34
Unbrokensoul

unbrokensoul's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - * Clueless *
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
Sounds interesting This is my disclaimer and pre-apology to whoever gets 'assigned' to me, i suck at gaining achievements/gamerscore, so when you(and by extension, me) lose the tournament, badly, well, i'm sorry
I know what you mean. I would have no problem teaming up with you. I would like to win but more in the tournament for to higher my gamerscore and get to know you all better and be better help.

Quote:
Apologies to whomever gets stuck with me. If a Music week is declared, I'll rock it, maybe an RPG week, but other than that, you'll be doing the heavy lifting.
Man, I hope there is not a music too. I don't have any there. RPG-Shooters I will rock I have fallout 3 and New Vegas.

Last edited by Unbrokensoul; 06-21-2013 at 06:28 PM.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:23 PM   #35
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 5   Staff Club - troy0891   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Gold   x360a Representer   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - DeekBoy   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Micro Guide - Emerald
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbrokensoul View Post
I know what you mean. I would have no problem teaming up with you. I would like to win but more in the tournament for to higher my gamerscore and get to know you all better and be better help.
yeah, i'm not much for losing. i struggle to do stuff for fun if i'm losing the whole time. i know it makes me look like a twat, but it is what it is.

i more than likely will enter but i need to take some time to gather my resources to at least feel like i have a chance of winning. i do have an ever-expanding backlog that i need the motivation to clear out. probably not get a single category for the games in my backlog now.

Last edited by Scotty; 06-21-2013 at 06:30 PM.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:12 PM   #36
Mahtan Tinuviél

Mahtan Tinuviel's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I´ve always wanted to participate in one of this, and the "week genre" is a great idea for me to focus each week on somthing diferent and get some old stuff and some games I haven´t had the chance to start on the console.

I don´t have much sports (only F1 but that count as racing and I only have 2 more cheevos left)
Also, there is a chance that I will be traveling a lot (work is being just crazy these last few weeks) so I already appologise to my teamate (whomever it will be).

Appart from that I think this will be a nice event and kudos for the "genre week" idea once more

Thanks for Rajeanero for the signature!!

100% Retail: 28 - Latest : Borderlands
100% Arcade: 1 - Latest : Shoot Many Robots

Latest Milestone:
40.000 - 28/09/2013; Playing XCOM: EU.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:13 PM   #37
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Front Page   Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester
Total Awards: 41 (more» ...)
Teams are up here: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=500382

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:44 PM   #38
Aceman417

Aceman417's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1
Quick question. Is Arcade going to be a genre on its own, or will the arcade titles be split into the respective genres?
Old 06-27-2013, 06:48 PM   #39
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 5   Staff Club - troy0891   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Gold   x360a Representer   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - DeekBoy   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Micro Guide - Emerald
Quote:
Quick question. Is Arcade going to be a genre on its own, or will the arcade titles be split into the respective genres?
Arcade isn't really a genre though, so i would imagine that they are counted as their respective actual genre and not as 'Arcade' on it's own. i would hope so anyway.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:50 PM   #40
Aceman417

Aceman417's Gamercard

Quote:
Arcade isn't really a genre though, so i would imagine that they are counted as their respective actual genre and not as 'Arcade' on it's own. i would hope so anyway.
Thought so, had to asking anyway.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:16 PM   #41
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Front Page   Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester
Quote:
Each genre includes games from every platform. If you go to the leaderboards here, and then pick a genre in the drop down at the top (say, RPG) you can then click the link at the top which states show all games in genre. Now if you want to sort them further, you can use the filter bar at the top:

Filter:
All | Arcade | Retail | Japanese | Games for Windows Live | Windows 8 | Mobile.

Note that Arcade is listed there, so any arcade titles that could be used for points during an RPG week would show at that link.

If you have any further questions, please ask!

Last edited by Creech; 06-28-2013 at 04:23 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:51 PM   #42
Judge Bergan

Judge Bergan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Green Thumb - Silver   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Diamond   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatters13 View Post
Don't drop out Scotty. It'll be fun no matter how badly we all do.

I imagine now's a good time to post my pre-contest disclaimer. I think my best bets are the RPG, Racing and Action. If any of these three genres come up I can confidently sit here and promise a 3 figure gamerscore haul.

An added bonus if Action gets picked is I can start working towards rekikire's staff club with Lego Harry Potter.

If music, sports, or fighting especially, are picked I will quickly become a most unhelpful liability to my partner.

Looks like we are partners :P.

I'll PM you

Microsoft Xbox MVP 2014

Xbox Ambassador - Level 14
Writer for Xboxgamer.me
Old 06-28-2013, 03:59 PM   #43
Capn Doug
Community and Events Lead

Capn Doug XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Ceris   Staff Club - rekikire   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Platinum   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 2   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 50 (more» ...)
Now to await the announcement of the first week's genre. Come on Music! Doug needs to shake his money maker.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:24 PM   #44
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Quote:
Now to await the announcement of the first week's genre. Come on Music! Doug needs to shake his money maker.
I should be posting that up around 5am PT on Saturday.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:46 PM   #45
TVthePunisher

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher Send a message via Skype™ to TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher's Gamercard

Awards Showcase House of Horrors Challenge Club - Tier 1   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
If it is music, looks like I'm going to continue Quantum Conundrum and Super Meat Boy .__. I don't play music games, period. I'm sure they're fun but...only with the instruments and I don't own any.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:38 PM   #46
Capn Doug

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Ceris   Staff Club - rekikire   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Platinum   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 2   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
I should be posting that up around 5am PT on Saturday.
Come on... You know you want a music week...

Seriously, there are only so many times that I can dance around in my underpants to the Backstreet Boys before the NSA puts me on a list. I need new songs so I can have an excuse that I'm only doing it for achievements.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:53 AM   #47
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

The first genre is announced: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...63&postcount=2

Old 06-29-2013, 12:02 PM   #48
jamie1000013

D Mob x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Genre Competition - Second Place   2,500 Posts   x360a Representer   Completion Competition Winner   Word of Mouth   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Strategy ughhh...

Well I guess bottom spot isn't so bad. Might be fun just bought RISK yesterday I'm pretty sure that's strategy gunna go through the list and see what I can do. I might end up enjoying it since I have neglected it for so long.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:14 PM   #49
Aceman417

Aceman417's Gamercard

Great, Strategy...
Hoping I can find some good strategy games, as for now, South Park will have to do.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:31 PM   #50
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

RISK: Factions and South Park are both good games, easy points for the most part. Both of them are faster with a boosting partner, too.

The Bomberman games all have fast points, including about 650 or so in three hours if you want to tackle the retail one. Of course, the other 350 will take you around 800 hours or so... But the arcade versions are super fast points and a hell of a lot of fun.

Chaotic: Shadow Warriors is very easy, basically a card trading game that is spiced with a kid's story. 10-15 hours for the 1000 I think. Chessmaster LIVE is largely easy, with one or two that can take a while. Galactic Reign is maybe 3 hours to complete both versions combined if you have a WP and Windows 8. Both geoDefense games are very fast, less than 2 hours each. Outpost Kaloki X I just finished, took me maybe 12-15 hours total. Both Plants vs. Zombies games are easy and pretty fast, as are all four Toy Soldiers games. Star Trek Legacy is another easy 1000, although I think you have to play through it a couple of times. All of the Worms games have some easy points, although the campaign is not always simple. Zombies!!!! is awesome, fast, and fun.

Old 06-29-2013, 01:59 PM   #51
Barad

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester
Total Awards: 24 (more» ...)
Strategy? A horrible start for me..

Old 06-29-2013, 02:05 PM   #52
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Problematic.

Quote:
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.
Old 06-29-2013, 02:24 PM   #53
jamie1000013

D Mob x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Genre Competition - Second Place   2,500 Posts   x360a Representer   Completion Competition Winner   Word of Mouth   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
So I go to marketplace and Games on demand and I select the Strategy and tactics genre and I see...

Rock Band 3
Fable 3
Top Spin 4
Tomb Raider
etc

I give up hahaha.

I'll just use Creech's knowledge and x360a's list. I might give that Omerta a go because it did look fun and I love mafia films/games.

Why is Bomberman act zero not on the bloody marketplace >.<.

Last edited by jamie1000013; 06-29-2013 at 02:30 PM.
Old 06-29-2013, 02:59 PM   #54
Capn Doug

Hmmm.... I mapped out my genres at the beginning of this and made note of a few weak genres. Strategy was one of them. Bad random.org.
Old 06-29-2013, 03:53 PM   #55
Sprinkles
Subscribing Member

Sprinkles x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Platinum   Genre Competition - First Place   Donator - Level 5   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Not the start I was looking for...but I got a couple of games in the back catalog to choose from.
Old 06-29-2013, 05:06 PM   #56
TVthePunisher

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher Send a message via Skype™ to TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher's Gamercard

Awards Showcase House of Horrors Challenge Club - Tier 1   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Strategy? *looks at his Fire Emblem games, Final Fantasy Tactics and the like* SON OF- GET ON MY XBLA, NAO! Er...well, that one time Toy Soldiers went up free on the marketplace I picked it up...and I can always get the South Park game (since ya know...I sorta love the series).

Best to get some start than no start!
Old 06-29-2013, 05:08 PM   #57
Corrupt.
Guide Team Lead/Moderator

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Moderator   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Platinum   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold
Total Awards: 48 (more» ...)
Looks like i will have to dust off civ rev...

Last edited by Corrupt.; 06-29-2013 at 05:14 PM.
Old 06-29-2013, 05:31 PM   #58
Capn Doug

Just a nice little reminder to my opponents that the Toy Soldier games are Strategy and are DotW.
Old 06-29-2013, 05:51 PM   #59
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Just a nice little reminder to my opponents that the Toy Soldier games are Strategy and are DotW.
how very courteous of you, thanks i'm gonna have to procure these and maybe worms off the marketplace. i own precisely zero strategy games.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:04 PM   #60
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Quote:
how very courteous of you, thanks i'm gonna have to procure these and maybe worms off the marketplace. i own precisely zero strategy games.
The funny part about this one is that if I was competing, I would struggle here simply because I have completed so many of them. I have 800 strategy or so sitting on my phone that I have not touched, and another couple arcade games on the console, but other than that lots of hard/long retail games. Plus Omerta, which I haven't played and don't own, but is supposed to be pretty fast and easy for a strategy game.

Closed Thread