Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Community and Events > Tournaments
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 07:13 PM   #61
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Subscriber - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
The funny part about this one is that if I was competing, I would struggle here simply because I have completed so many of them. I have 800 strategy or so sitting on my phone that I have not touched, and another couple arcade games on the console, but other than that lots of hard/long retail games. Plus Omerta, which I haven't played and don't own, but is supposed to be pretty fast and easy for a strategy game.
i won't be having that problem with any specific genre i might have to ask my mate if i can borrow his Omerta then, he just bought it and says it's pretty good, so that and easy achievements, i can't complain.

i might have to see about those history games too, but i don't know if they are out over here. they seem like a north american thing. i'ma have to do some research...
Old 06-29-2013, 07:23 PM   #62
HadMatters13
Mod/Maximum Clubs' Jester

Send a message via Skype™ to HadMatters13

Madhatters13's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - Madhatters13   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 4   1,000 Posts   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Forza 3 Subscribers Tournament- Winner   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 Winners   Castle Crashers Subscribers Tourn. - Second Place
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
i won't be having that problem with any specific genre
It's safe to say I'll never have that problem either.

Quote:
i might have to see about those history games too, but i don't know if they are out over here. they seem like a north american thing. i'ma have to do some research...
I'm pretty sure you're right there, that the History Channel games are exclusive to North America. I remember Deadly Dog was going to have them in his staff club but couldn't, hence his blurb.

I'm going to start with finally playing the DLC for A World of Keflings. I said I would in the completion competition... and didn't. Ditto the LMS competition. Random.org has given me a third chance, best not waste it; that site has a wrath I'd rather not meet.

It would also be a good time to play RISK: Factions as I bought that nearly two years ago and haven't played it yet. Will have to see if I can find Halo Wars and Civ Rev for a good price too. Have been wanting to play them so this is the perfect opportunity.

It's an interesting genre to start things off with anyways. I hope RPG gets a go next.

~ Thanks to troy for the innocent looking hamster! ~
~ Feelings grow into hopes || Ready for Persona 5 and Dreamfall Chapters! ~
~ Swashbucklin' Diplomas for all || Xbox One Points Breakdown || Tales from the Jester's tower ~

Last edited by HadMatters13; 06-29-2013 at 07:31 PM.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:36 PM   #63
Corrupt.
"Tits"

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Community Gaming - Platinum   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff - Guide Team
Total Awards: 46 (more» ...)
so we start Sunday at 12:00 pt. So once again i will ask, what it that in gmt?

Currently Working on: TY The Tasmanian Tiger (W8)
Old 06-29-2013, 07:38 PM   #64
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Subscriber - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award   2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatters13 View Post
It's safe to say I'll never have that problem either.
Hold me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatters13 View Post
I'm pretty sure you're right there, that the History Channel games are exclusive to North America. I remember Deadly Dog was going to have them in his staff club but couldn't, hence his blurb.

I'm going to start with finally playing the DLC for A World of Keflings. I said I would in the completion competition... and didn't. Ditto the LMS competition. Random.org has given me a third chance, best not waste it; that site has a wrath I'd rather not meet.

It would also be a good time to play RISK: Factions as I bought that nearly two years ago and haven't played it yet.

It's an interesting genre to start things off with anyways. I hope RPG gets a go next.
ah well, i'm forgetting it's only a week at a time, so i'll probably only have time for Toy Soldiers due to work, etc. i don't want to just buy a shit-ton of games for every genre and end up without the time to play them.

i don't think i even have a strong genre. for RPG i've only got Dragons Dogma and The Witcher 2, both hard games with long winded achievements. i think shooter would be best and i'd just go buy a load of crappy FPS's or something.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:38 PM   #65
HadMatters13
Mod/Maximum Clubs' Jester

Send a message via Skype™ to HadMatters13

Madhatters13's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - Madhatters13   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 4   1,000 Posts   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Forza 3 Subscribers Tournament- Winner   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 Winners   Castle Crashers Subscribers Tourn. - Second Place
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupt x360a View Post
8am our time.

Quote:
i don't think i even have a strong genre. for RPG i've only got Dragons Dogma and The Witcher 2, both hard games with long winded achievements. i think shooter would be best and i'd just go buy a load of crappy FPS's or something.
I have a lot of half-finished RPGs that I'd like to go back to such as Dragon Age, the Mass Effect games and Oblivion. A lot of choices, but whether I'd be able to get many achievements to show for it is a different matter.

I have the exact same plan for a shooter scenario.

~ Thanks to troy for the innocent looking hamster! ~
~ Feelings grow into hopes || Ready for Persona 5 and Dreamfall Chapters! ~
~ Swashbucklin' Diplomas for all || Xbox One Points Breakdown || Tales from the Jester's tower ~

Last edited by HadMatters13; 06-29-2013 at 07:48 PM.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:33 PM   #66
Barad
Super Fun Time

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Will there be awards for this tournament?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotyMcFat View Post
I bought destiny thinking it was a game, instead I got a Zoo.

Old 06-29-2013, 09:40 PM   #67
jamie1000013

D Mob x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Genre Competition - Second Place   2,500 Posts   x360a Representer   Completion Competition Winner   Word of Mouth   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Ahhh for fuck sake. I forgot the competition doesn't start when the genre is announced...I just earned 300G for nothing.

Any way to barter my way out of it by saying I wont earn any tomorrow and take my score for today as tomorrow's?
Old 06-29-2013, 10:02 PM   #68
Corrupt.
"Tits"

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Community Gaming - Platinum   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff - Guide Team
LOL unlucky!

Really looking forward to starting this, such a shame I have to go to Silverstone to watch the F1 Grand Prix

Old 06-29-2013, 10:23 PM   #69
Judge Bergan
The Judge

Judge Bergan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Green Thumb - Silver   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Diamond   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Damn it, I just finished all the Keflings DLC a few weeks back. For anyone who is looking for quick GS, the Keflings DLC is very easy, as well as the main game.

This genre is pretty weak for me backlog speaking, although I do have some games I can try and grind out. I'm going to try and avoid buying any games this competition, as many of the genres I have huge backlogs for ;P.

I have a few arcade titles I can do for this genre though that I've had sitting there.

Microsoft Xbox MVP 2014

Xbox Ambassador - Level 14
Writer for Xboxgamer.me
Old 06-29-2013, 11:59 PM   #70
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

so this is pretty last minute, but i can't sleep and thoughts take over, etc...

anyway, just want to clarify something about the scoring thread, could i make my post in there, say on monday after getting my first achievement(s), and then just update it constantly over the week until the deadline, or am i only allowed to post my final total at once, before the deadline?
Old 06-30-2013, 12:10 AM   #71
Corrupt.
"Tits"

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Quote:

anyway, just want to clarify something about the scoring thread, could i make my post in there, say on monday after getting my first achievement(s), and then just update it constantly over the week until the deadline, or am i only allowed to post my final total at once, before the deadline?
Also, if your teammate has for some reason forgotten to post, could you post on their behalf?

Old 06-30-2013, 04:01 AM   #72
Aceman417

Aceman417's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Also, if your teammate has for some reason forgotten to post, could you post on their behalf?
Yeah, Creech said that one person could post for both people.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:14 PM   #73
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 40 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie1000013 View Post
Ahhh for fuck sake. I forgot the competition doesn't start when the genre is announced...I just earned 300G for nothing.

Any way to barter my way out of it by saying I wont earn any tomorrow and take my score for today as tomorrow's?
Nope.

Quote:

I personally would recommend your first approach.

Quote:
Absolutely.

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:20 PM   #74
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
I personally would recommend your first approach.
Nice! i'll do that then. provided i don't suck as much as i think at strategy games and can get some achievements:P
Old 06-30-2013, 12:43 PM   #75
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Thinking it over, this is the best category for me in Round 1. It looks I've got a 7 day work week ahead of me (ugh) and since it's the start of the month all my money is going to bills, so I have next to no money for games this week. Strategy is a pretty rough category even without obstructions, so I don't feel as bad about not being optimal this week.

I see really no reason to keep secret about what I've got in my backlog, so here's a breakdown:

Retail: 305

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Arcade - 485

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

This tournament is awesome, in the last 60 days I've only earned 375, and if things go well this Round I'll earn more than double that in just 7 days I know that number is pitiful but I'm trying damnit.

Very much looking forward to future rounds.

Quote:
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.

Last edited by Veedrock; 06-30-2013 at 12:51 PM.
Old 06-30-2013, 01:04 PM   #76
Delta3519

Delta3519's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Subscriber - Silver   Staff Club - troy0891   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
Will there be awards for this tournament?
I hope so

Don't use ad blockers on this site please
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy0891 x360a
The fact that the ad doesn't load means it's counter doesn't progress. No hit counter progression = no money.
Old 06-30-2013, 02:37 PM   #77
Capn Doug
Graphics Team

Capn Doug XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - rekikire   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Platinum   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 2   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 3   Community Gaming - Gold   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2
Total Awards: 48 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta3519 View Post
I hope so
There have been awards for every official site tournament except GSL Rush (but does Creech really need another award?), so I don't see why there wouldn't be awards in this one.

Anyway, once I get off work, it will be time to play some Windows Phone for the first time since February.
Old 06-30-2013, 03:25 PM   #78
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
I noticed the new Magic game has not been assigned to the Strategy genre - is that because it just came out or because it's no longer considered Strategy? I'm looking for a reason to buy it now
Old 06-30-2013, 03:42 PM   #79
Mahtan Tinuviél

Mahtan Tinuviel's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Just got 2 Strategy game to play: XCOM and C&C 3: Kane´s Wrath...
With the lenght of this games (especially XCOM) I should be playing them all week long.

Thanks for Rajeanero for the signature!!

100% Retail: 28 - Latest : Borderlands
100% Arcade: 1 - Latest : Shoot Many Robots

Latest Milestone:
40.000 - 28/09/2013; Playing XCOM: EU.
Old 06-30-2013, 05:11 PM   #80
Judge Bergan
The Judge

Judge Bergan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Green Thumb - Silver   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Diamond   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
The C&C games are generally hard achievement wise, especially C&C 3 for anyone wondering.

Microsoft Xbox MVP 2014

Writer for Xboxgamer.me
Old 06-30-2013, 06:50 PM   #81
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakisbac View Post
I noticed the new Magic game has not been assigned to the Strategy genre - is that because it just came out or because it's no longer considered Strategy? I'm looking for a reason to buy it now
Um, it totally should be. I will fix it.

Old 06-30-2013, 07:55 PM   #82
Mahtan Tinuviél

Mahtan Tinuviel's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Bergan View Post
The C&C games are generally hard achievement wise, especially C&C 3 for anyone wondering.
I did not think C&C Red Alert 3 was that hard... but I am used to the series...

Thanks for Rajeanero for the signature!!

100% Retail: 28 - Latest : Borderlands
100% Arcade: 1 - Latest : Shoot Many Robots

Latest Milestone:
40.000 - 28/09/2013; Playing XCOM: EU.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:25 PM   #83
Judge Bergan
The Judge

Judge Bergan's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahtan Tinuviél View Post
I did not think C&C Red Alert 3 was that hard... but I am used to the series...
Well that's good news then, because I have that game ready to be played :P. I just know C&C3 was hard haha

Microsoft Xbox MVP 2014

Writer for Xboxgamer.me
Old 06-30-2013, 11:51 PM   #84
Unbrokensoul
1.21 gigawatts!

unbrokensoul's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - * Clueless *
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Okay I know I am going to get stab in the eye for this so here we go... Bug Village is free and on my phone listed as strategy but here list as Simulation? Does this count?

Yes i know bug village lol im poor right now.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:05 AM   #85
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Great strategy game, and free to boot!

http://majornelson.com/2013/06/30/ga...-the-awakening

Old 07-01-2013, 12:12 AM   #86
TVthePunisher

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher Send a message via Skype™ to TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:

He said it was Free, no excuse folks! Even if you're penniless you can at least score some achievements on this game =)
Old 07-01-2013, 12:12 AM   #87
StayonTarget
Goggles Anybody?

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:

Why are all of these free games crappy...

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!
Old 07-01-2013, 12:17 AM   #88
Unbrokensoul
1.21 gigawatts!

unbrokensoul's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - * Clueless *
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
Why are all of these free games crappy...
There is no such thing as a crappy game that is free and has achievements.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:35 AM   #89
StayonTarget
Goggles Anybody?

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbrokensoul View Post
There is no such thing as a crappy game that is free and has achievements.
If a game is crap, it'll be crap at $100 and it'll be crap at $0.

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!
Old 07-01-2013, 12:39 AM   #90
Judge Bergan
The Judge

Judge Bergan's Gamercard

so is one of the announced titles (Halo 3 and AC2) not going to be free? lol

Microsoft Xbox MVP 2014

Writer for Xboxgamer.me
Closed Thread