PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-16-2013, 04:33 PM   #1
cooltoast

cooltoast's Gamercard
Gta 5 prestige tokens?

Does anyone know if gta 5 will reward prestige like tokens for those who have prestiges (past into legend) in previous rockstar games such as max payne 3 or red dead redemption? Yeah, they would be going the COD route, but why turn back now u know. I think it would be cool to get a cool little unlock for having past legends. A good marketing concept too to get people to play older rockstar games. Maybe like if u prestiged in max payne then u can play as a max payne character in gta 5 multiplayer? Or unlock max Paynes classic looking tie or something

Thoughts?
cooltoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 04:59 PM   #2
Jardinho

Jardinho's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Green Thumb - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   GRID 2 Award   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
I think they probably will reward some MultiPlayer unlock stuff for playing their previous games and doing certain things in those, although they won't all necessarily be for MP actions in the previous games. Would they do this through the R* Social Club though? I know they're keeping crews from Max Payne but I don't go on the Social Club too often.

If I had these sorts of skills, I'd work for the CIA. Easily.
Jardinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:40 PM   #3
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Sounds like a good idea to me. Not sure what kind of rewards I would like to see, but knowing R* I know it would be good to me.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:34 PM   #4
Aceman417

Aceman417's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I am honestly hating how every game has prestiges in it now, and rewards achievements for prestiging, seriously becoming a waste of time.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:02 AM   #5
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceman417 View Post
I am honestly hating how every game has prestiges in it now, and rewards achievements for prestiging, seriously becoming a waste of time.
How many games have it? I only know of a few.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:20 AM   #6
Aceman417

Aceman417's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneKane87 View Post
How many games have it? I only know of a few.
CoD, Gears, Tomb Raider, RDR, Uncharted, Transformers. It was more of a generalised term, but so many Devs are putting it into games these days,
Old 06-19-2013, 06:14 AM   #7
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

Quote:
CoD, Gears, Tomb Raider, RDR, Uncharted, Transformers. It was more of a generalised term, but so many Devs are putting it into games these days,
I see. I only knew of RDR and CoD. Maybe it's to add more replay value, but when you add grinding achievements on top of it, it doesn't become so much fun.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:17 AM   #8
Aceman417

Aceman417's Gamercard

Quote:
I see. I only knew of RDR and CoD. Maybe it's to add more replay value, but when you add grinding achievements on top of it, it doesn't become so much fun.
Yeah, I just want to actually get to max level in a game without having to spend 8 days trying to get their.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:30 AM   #9
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

Quote:
Yeah, I just want to actually get to max level in a game without having to spend 8 days trying to get their.
I think RDR was the worst with the legend system. I never did it in CoD and it's been a long time since I've played a CoD game.

I wouldn't want a Legend system in GTA V, because in IV I still never hit rank 10. Of course IV and V are years apart and hopefully the ranking will be better. Just give rewards for being a SC member and recognizing you've played other R* games too.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:10 PM   #10
Jardinho

Jardinho's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Green Thumb - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   GRID 2 Award   Over Achiever - Bronze
Quote:
Of course IV and V are years apart and hopefully the ranking will be better. Just give rewards for being a SC member and recognizing you've played other R* games too.
Sounds good, but the rewards will probably all be for MP use, so it won't really matter anyway, unless they can make MP amazing. But still, I'd rather have more SP.

Old 06-19-2013, 04:08 PM   #11
jholbro5

D Reux87's Gamercard
I'm personally not a big fan of multiplayer achievements in general, so I'd be in favor of not having something like this.
jholbro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:21 PM   #12
Barad

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
God no, just have the traditional 50 levels max please. I don't care if it takes forever to get there I've done Wanted twice but passing through stages and losing all your gear/stats does my head in.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: THE CREW

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:20 PM   #13
Jardinho

Jardinho's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
God no, just have the traditional 50 levels max please. I don't care if it takes forever to get there I've done Wanted twice but passing through stages and losing all your gear/stats does my head in.
A lot of games seem to do it without losing any stuff but why they do that rather than just having a high level cap I don't know.

Old 07-21-2013, 03:32 PM   #14
KingSizeBlunt

Vissertje NL's Gamercard
I hope there are no prestiges in GTA V, like 100 levels is enough
KingSizeBlunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:30 PM   #15
B1SK3TS N GR4VY

B1SK3TS N GR4VY's Gamercard
Yeah its kinda annoying really, game companies are going to do what ever it takes to keep that game on your shelf as long as possible. So Prestige is just another marketing ploy to get you to buy more DLC because the more an average gamer stays on a game the more likely he will buy DLC to freshen up the staleness. I really can't say nothing myself, I am max prestige on every CoD since CoD4 except for MW3(20 Prestiges is just ridiculous) I am also maxed out on RDR and GoW3. So yeah I do a lot of prestiging, but yeah I would not want to see prestige on games that shouldn't have it (GTA V) but sometimes stuff like that is inevitable :/
Old 07-21-2013, 08:02 PM   #16
Rivercurse

Send a message via Skype™ to Rivercurse

Rivercurse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Don't see this happening at all. Nor would I welcome it if it did.
Rivercurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:45 PM   #17
Ethiebeefy

Ethiebeefy's Gamercard
Never got the point of prestige, it's like " Wow you hit level 50 once, wanna do it again? No? Too bad you have too if you want the achievement!"

Hopefully it's just the same old level 50 system. Cause I don't see how the prestige system would work in GTA anyways.

Last edited by Ethiebeefy; 07-27-2013 at 12:29 PM.
Ethiebeefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 04:30 AM   #18
Ham Woopan
Praisin' the Sun

Ham Woopan Jr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   1,000 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
As long as it's not as horrible a grind as IV. "Oh wow you just earned $500,000 after a couple years of playing and boosting? Well DO IT AGAIN!!! Then when you reach 1 million, do it agaaaain!"

Yeah, I gave up at level 8.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:03 AM   #19
cooltoast

cooltoast's Gamercard
Yea. I only like leveling up in Red dead or max payne. Those games gave u incentive because u unlocked cool looking horses or different looking max payne characters. Prestiging in cod tho was always pointless. If u could use prestige tokens built up from other rockstar games to use for ur mp avatar articles of clothing I'd be all over that
Old 08-21-2013, 09:11 AM   #20
cooltoast

cooltoast's Gamercard
Most of those games that have prestiges don't give u achievements for prestiging. Only for reaching lvl 50. Rdr did make u prestige once. But u could choose not to prestige until u r bored of the game just for the achievement. That way u won't even care cuz ur done playing the game.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:25 PM   #21
HabsCen10ial

HabsCen10ial's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I like how they did it in max Payne 3 and I hope they do the same in GTA5. With double and triple XP weekends its not that hard to rank up and passing into legend gives us die hards a reason to keep playing. In MP3 I've managed to get to rank 43 legend 4 and I know if they didn't have the option I probably wouldn't be playing still.

My only hope is that they make the reward better then just a badge. I want them to make it something that will make people want to pass into legend so it'll keep people from hitting top rank and only using the overpowered weapons that are unlocked at top rank. ( Mauser pistle in RDR, sawd off shotgun in MP3).

I don't know why people are talking about being forced to pass into legend for achievements though. Most games just give you the achievement for hitting top rank.

Credit goes to Xerofox for the amazing Montreal Canadiens sig!

HabsCen10ial is offline   Reply With Quote