Send a message via ICQ to JohnnyBoosh

subject j80's Gamercard
Reviews!

First reviews are up:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...y-city-review/

CVG: 7

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/06/0...mber-me-review

IGN: 5.9

IGN are p*ssing me off for a long time with their reviews....
JohnnyBoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:38 AM   #2
Cinderkin

Cinderkin's Gamercard
IGN is a waste of a website

Head Writer for Gouki.com Number 1 in the world! Look me up for Reviews, Previews, and Live Streams. Don't be a Jimmy!
Cinderkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:50 AM   #3
WORLDEATER

WORLDEATER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderkin View Post
Same with Kotaku. I don't trust anything from either site.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:54 AM   #4
ChaosTheoryV2X

ChaosTheory V2X's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Sigh, its really depressing how much weight these pathetic reviewers have in determining a games success. I'll still gladly play just for the enviroment.

MyAnimeList | Trakt

Favorite(also most challenging) 1000's: Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2, MGRR, XCOM: Enemy Unkown, FFXIII
ChaosTheoryV2X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:28 AM   #5
xRyux

xLeppardx's Gamercard
IGN and Kotaku are just the worst at reviews and since so much people look to those two sites for reviews on whether they should get the game or not bothers me. I understand why people need to look up reviews to buy a game but I personally feel that if it interests you, then buy it, if you're not sure then wait till it gets cheaper. No harm done really. I do believe this game has potential to be a sci-fi cult classic in gaming and if not then oh well and if it ends up disappointing me, I'll just make the best of it while playing. Simple as that.

xRyux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:06 AM   #6
dzy

GameSpot gave it a 7/10. Looking like this will be the "average" game.
dzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:45 AM   #7
judd90

Judd90's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
I agree, they give the worst reviews. So many times have I played a game and its been good after they gave it a low rating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzy View Post
GameSpot gave it a 7/10. Looking like this will be the "average" game.
Its a pretty fun game I think a 7 is about right for it from what I've played so far. Its good and the fighting is pretty fun, only part I haven't liked so far is it seems to make you wait around a lot for cut scenes and the game makes you walk in a few areas which can get annoying as its pretty slow.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:00 AM   #9
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
6-7/10 isn't bad but judging from the gameplay this looks pretty solid. I'll be getting this regardless.

---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:07 PM   #10
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Well the reviews are pretty mixed. Doesn't mean the game is bad, but it does mean it'll price drop quickly and probably be half off in a couple months. And since Capcom isn't a company I like too much, I'll wait.

Last edited by WalterWhite; 06-03-2013 at 04:02 PM.
WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:16 PM   #11
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
x360a just dropped an 80, good enough for me!

---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:49 PM   #12
AlienDenzil85

AlienDenzil85's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
x360a just dropped an 80, good enough for me!
I agree totally - I'd been reading mixed reviews all day and wavered on a late pre-order, but the review here sealed it for me.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:36 PM   #13
Suki

ign are trully stupid they give 8/10 or 9/10 for stupid phone games and ipad rubbish but a trully good game on the xbox is always marked down unless its a big ip that ign have been pushing for months usually every year i hate looking at the reviews now there worthless imo.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:46 AM   #14
OmegaX06

I've played through quite a bit of it and am very impressed. Far exceeded my expectations and it's good to see a new IP that does something different. The 5.9 review score is crazy. This is a solid 8-9 in my opinion.

OmegaX06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:58 AM   #15
ChaosTheoryV2X

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaX06 View Post
I've played through quite a bit of it and am very impressed. Far exceeded my expectations and it's good to see a new IP that does something different. The 5.9 review score is crazy. This is a solid 8-9 in my opinion.
Thats good to hear, despite the reviews I'm still pretty excited to play it tommorrow. Reviewers really piss me off when it comes to stuff like this, it really feels like they are getting paid off most of the time.

MyAnimeList | Trakt

Favorite(also most challenging) 1000's: Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2, MGRR, XCOM: Enemy Unkown, FFXIII
Old 06-04-2013, 02:05 AM   #16
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
I think we've all come to the conclusion that IGN is pretty much useless. This is probably the 4th or 5th game in a row that they've got compleyely wrong.

As for Gamespot, it depends on the reviewer, some are good, some, not so much.

You guys should start taking a look into Rev3 Games, as well as some other small YouTube channels who have nothing to gain from a dishonest review.

Looks like gamerankings gave the Xbox 360 version a average of 68%, which is not great at all.

Rev3 Game Review: (3/5)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuPDyhzrlHg

I don't think I'll be getting it. Looked promising at one point, but in the last month or two, I was not amused at all.

Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:46 AM   #17
ChaosTheoryV2X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
I think we've all come to the conclusion that IGN is pretty much useless. This is probably the 4th or 5th game in a row that they've got compleyely wrong.

You guys should start taking a look into Rev3 Games, as well as some other small YouTube channels who have nothing to gain from a dishonest review.

Looks like gamerankings gave the Xbox 360 version a average of 68%, which is not great at all.

I don't think I'll be getting it. Looked promising at one point, but in the last month or two, I was not amused at all.
From my experience Game Informer is the most truthworthy of reviewers, once in a while they give a pretty lame review but its rare compared to legit ones. They gave it 7.75/10.

MyAnimeList | Trakt

Old 06-04-2013, 04:15 AM   #18
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post

I've been recommending Rev3 for months now, I'm glad to see someone else finally mention it. But yeah, it sounds like IGN shorted this game a bit as far as all the other reviews go. Game looks cool but I'll enjoy it even more when I get it for twenty or thirty bucks.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:37 AM   #19
WORLDEATER

WORLDEATER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheoryV2X View Post
From my experience Game Informer is the most truthworthy of reviewers, once in a while they give a pretty lame review but its rare compared to legit ones. They gave it 7.75/10.
GameInformer is almost always fair on their reviews. They review games without sounding like they are nitpicking. Only problem with them is sometimes they pour too much praise.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:04 AM   #20
Cinderkin

Cinderkin's Gamercard
I enjoyed this game a lot and was happy to see a new IP come through. I would have to give it a 7/10 because of the lack of re-playability and the combat was basically a rhythm game. The story was great, the design was great, the music was great, and so was the voice work. Just unfortunate that there is no real incentive to pop it back in after one completion.

Although my wife wants to see the story so I am in for another ride lol.

Head Writer for Gouki.com Number 1 in the world! Look me up for Reviews, Previews, and Live Streams. Don't be a Jimmy!
Cinderkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:16 PM   #21
Suki

well IGN have redeemed themselves as they have just reviewed 'animal crossing' on the 3ds and it scored a 9.7 A FUCKIN 9.7 WHAT!!!!!!
Old 06-04-2013, 09:28 PM   #22
AlienDenzil85

The general tone of the reviews seems to be some good ideas, but slightly botched execution. I don't know how the story ends (don't want to find out until i get there myself), but it sounds like a sequel could smooth out some of the problems and deliver more fully on the promise shown by the first game. That seems to be the case with so many IPs these days!
Old 06-05-2013, 02:25 AM   #23
katakonik

star avenue's Gamercard
The world they created is amazing. I wish you could play the game in 3D.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:30 AM   #24
SpinelesS

Mr SpinelesS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
I generally trust the reviews from Good Game: http://www.abc.net.au/tv/goodgame/vi...30.xml&item=05

It does sound like the game does a few things poorly (not looking forward to the QTE's) but I'm still going to pick it up tomorrow. The new Call of Juarez game looks like it kicks ass though.

SpinelesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:46 PM   #25
fivebyfive200

Still no idea why gamers get so angry over reviews, they don't harm sales as proven by utter shit like TWD: SI and DNF. To guess, seeing a number that matches their biased opinion confirms any doubt they have

Eurogamer gave Remember Me a 7/10 but that was not enough for 1 or 2 because they thought it should be a 8 or 9 and called the reviewers ethics into question!.

Last edited by fivebyfive200; 06-06-2013 at 06:51 PM. Reason: trimmed the text
fivebyfive200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:02 PM   #26
AlienDenzil85

I've spent the day playing the game at a fairly leisurely pace and I'd happily give it a 7 out of 10/3.5 out of 5. It isn't going to be a Game of the Year contender, but as a set of interesting concepts and an attempt at something different, it is doing the job of entertaining me.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:12 AM   #27
Midnight Malice

Midnight Malice's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinelesS View Post
I generally trust the reviews from Good Game: http://www.abc.net.au/tv/goodgame/vi...30.xml&item=05

It does sound like the game does a few things poorly (not looking forward to the QTE's) but I'm still going to pick it up tomorrow. The new Call of Juarez game looks like it kicks ass though.
QTE are such a small part of the game, and you get plenty of time to pull it off... I am 75% of the way through the game, and I would say, I had 2 QTE events, and they were maybe 3-4 button presses each, so nothing big.

The things this game does poorly is unskipable cutscenes, and that damn slow walk with your finger to your ear... why the hgkfdsjklds hell does every game need to do that. As far as the actual game goes, it is fun, if not overly complex fighting, the story is pretty damn good, the graphics are clean, enviornments are pleasing, and the voice work is very well done. I am very happy with what I have played, and I hope to see more games in this world in the future.

100+ Retail Games_100%
100,000 GS (9/12/09)
200,000 GS (2/2/2014) (I blame MMOs)
Midnight Malice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:42 AM   #28
Phantomsiren

PhantomSiren's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Malice View Post
The things this game does poorly is unskipable cutscenes, and that damn slow walk with your finger to your ear... why the hgkfdsjklds hell does every game need to do that.
I totally agree. I am on my second play through on hard and not being able to skip cut scenes is ... frustrating. Makes me waste more time having to sit through stuff I have already seen. Laziness on their part for not allowing us to skip them. Everything else about this game is great. I was very impressed with the end of the game. Cheers to that
Old 06-09-2013, 06:38 PM   #29
Wookieecore

Wookiecore's Gamercard
Quote:
IGN is trash, and have been for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WORLDEATER View Post
Same with Kotaku. I don't trust anything from either site.
Kotaku's definitely gone downhill, but they are still an okay source IMO.

Personally, haven't played the game, it's in myQ on GameFly, so who knows how long that'll take. Definitely looks interesting though, and frankly a 7/10 game isn't a bad game.
Wookieecore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:03 PM   #30
Doopliss SWE

doopliss swe's Gamercard
This is like a 4-5/10 in my book. It does nothing for me other than pissing me off with its ultra-linear gameplay and boring fights. Not being able to skip cutscenes make any sort of replayability fly out of the window too. Later bosses were OK, and the remix thing was fun, but other than that its really lackluster. Luckily I abused a gamestop trade-in deal to get it for a lot less than full price.
Doopliss SWE is offline   Reply With Quote