PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War: Judgment > Lost Relics
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-19-2013, 02:19 PM   #1
Josh Brown

BrownyBaby7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Prize box glitch

Does the duplication of prize boxes still work if you delete the patch and play offline? I read somewhere that it was the first patch that caused the glitch to occur but I'm not sure that's right. Anyone know? I have about 600 ribbons to go to get the next one and with only a gold shotgun left to get its unlikely il get it in the first box
Old 06-19-2013, 04:09 PM   #2
cady1992

NEMESISx69x's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
yeah i would like to know to...prizebox are pain in the ass
cady1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:13 PM   #3
xRaW CaRNage x

Send a message via Yahoo to xRaW CaRNage x Send a message via Skype™ to xRaW CaRNage x

xRaw Carnage's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I'm in the same boat as I need over 600 ribbons also. I was going to work on it tonight. Hopefully it does as it might take forever to get the gold gnasher.
xRaW CaRNage x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:18 PM   #4
RaStA CaT

RaStA CaT's Gamercard
i just tried the duplication glitch after deleting my system cache...it didnt work
Old 06-19-2013, 04:21 PM   #5
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
As I've said in two other threads...

Quote:
There's been more than one TU since this game came out...

This glitch is a result of the TU for Call to Arms. It was fixed with Lost Relics. If you clear your cache, it will not work as you will not have the Call to Arms TU, and if you download the TU, it will be the most recent.

The only way to do this still is if you haven't downloaded the Lost Relics TU or DLC yet. When prompted to download, select No and you will be offline. Boost to your hearts content.

This was in the liner notes two weeks ago when they stated what was going to be fixed. Not for nothing, but you should have planned ahead.
bLaKgRaVy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:39 PM   #6
Josh Brown

BrownyBaby7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by bLaKgRaVy View Post
As I've said in two other threads...
So if I delete the DLC might it work? Or is it purely based on the patch? I'm not doubting you but how do you know it was the call of arms patch that caused the glitch? I didn't think a patch would cause a glitch for something that wasn't part of the DLC
Old 06-19-2013, 05:45 PM   #7
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Brown View Post
So if I delete the DLC might it work? Or is it purely based on the patch? I'm not doubting you but how do you know it was the call of arms patch that caused the glitch? I didn't think a patch would cause a glitch for something that wasn't part of the DLC
NO, deleting the DLC won't work. Was I not clear on this? It's in the patch. The ONLY way to do this glitch is if you haven't downloaded the new TU yet, but have downloaded the Call to Arms TU.

I know it was Call to Arms because it couldn't be done before the Call to Arms TU. Numerous people have stated this in the past month and a half. It's even in the Epic forums, but I'm not going to search for it since I had the foresight to do the glitch before the TU and I just don't feel like it. Google it if you want.

Someone found another way to boost boxes:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=497829
Old 06-20-2013, 01:23 AM   #8
VVh1pCr3am

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
NO, deleting the DLC won't work. Was I not clear on this? It's in the patch. The ONLY way to do this glitch is if you haven't downloaded the new TU yet, but have downloaded the Call to Arms TU.

I know it was Call to Arms because it couldn't be done before the Call to Arms TU. Numerous people have stated this in the past month and a half. It's even in the Epic forums, but I'm not going to search for it since I had the foresight to do the glitch before the TU and I just don't feel like it. Google it if you want.

Someone found another way to boost boxes:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=497829
This is false. My buddy and I did the prize box glitch offline with no patches.
VVh1pCr3am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:46 AM   #9
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVh1pCr3am View Post
This is false. My buddy and I did the prize box glitch offline with no patches.
And I'll believe that when other people confirm. Everyone is saying that clearing the cache and doing it with no updates doesn't work.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:46 AM   #10
VVh1pCr3am

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
And I'll believe that when other people confirm. Everyone is saying that clearing the cache and doing it with no updates doesn't work.
You could always do it yourself and then come back and tell me I was right.
VVh1pCr3am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:07 AM   #11
Ron Jeremy R6

Ron Jeremy R6's Gamercard
You guys should have done this before the update, lots of threads about this back then.
Ron Jeremy R6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:12 AM   #12
Gen. H

II General H II's Gamercard
I cleared my cache and deleted the Lost Relics DLC. Did the duplication glitch while playing offline and it 100% worked for me - got around 25 rare boxes (a bit excessive!).

Most Recent - FIFA 14

Working On - Nothing!

Gen. H is offline   Reply With Quote