Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox One Games > Shooter > Destiny
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-20-2013, 02:24 AM   #1
crimzontearz

dropzofcrimzon's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
offline mode.....?

can someone, if they have the faintest idea, tell me how much of the game I can play offline? Is there anything in the game that REQUIRES playing with others? will there be parts designed to be complete cooperatively and thus borderline impossible to complete alone? will I be able to lock people out of my game while remaining online (Ala RE6) or will I have to just unplug my Xbox from the net?

yes I am a grump and do not like playing with others
crimzontearz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:30 AM   #2
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
I thought Destiny is pretty much an MMO so I can't imagine there will be an offline mode. You could probably just avoid public events and raids(if there are raid bosses)
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:34 AM   #3
hoyrpen

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimzontearz View Post
can someone, if they have the faintest idea, tell me how much of the game I can play offline? Is there anything in the game that REQUIRES playing with others? will there be parts designed to be complete cooperatively and thus borderline impossible to complete alone? will I be able to lock people out of my game while remaining online (Ala RE6) or will I have to just unplug my Xbox from the net?

yes I am a grump and do not like playing with others
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=491989

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=497552

Watch the video interviews: you're not required to play with others. You can play alone.

Last edited by hoyrpen; 06-20-2013 at 02:40 AM.
hoyrpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:50 AM   #4
crimzontearz

thank....fucking....god

so I can treat it like a TES game sans the metaplot...cool
Old 07-13-2013, 11:21 PM   #5
nicky6314

Tiffee6314's Gamercard
Note that the game still does require an internet connection, but you can play alone.

Currently Playing - Halo 4, Mass Effect 3, Dishonored
nicky6314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:08 PM   #6
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I don't really play online anymore, but I might have to make an exception on this game. Funny thing is I went to pre-order Defiance and pre-ordered this by mistake. In hindsight I wish I would of gotten this instead.

Michigan Members Unite!
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:00 PM   #7
Hagmen

Gavin UK80's Gamercard
I think the game can be played offline, you will just miss out on events held in the game, plus why would Sony want exclusive from a game that all on required which they are against
Hagmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:09 PM   #8
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimzontearz View Post
thank....fucking....god

so I can treat it like a TES game sans the metaplot...cool
You're missing out on a fun aspect of these types of games by avoiding MP.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:13 PM   #9
crimzontearz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
You're missing out on a fun aspect of these types of games by avoiding MP.
and what fun would that be??
Old 09-30-2013, 03:14 PM   #10
crimzontearz

Actually this is starting to bug the everliving crap out of me

I REALLY want to love Destiny but I find the attitude of a lot of gamers to be utterly hypocritical. Microsoft announces the Xbox One will need a once in 24 hours online check....pitchforks are sharpened and torches are lit. Bungie says that they want Destiny to cater to all players preferences (including people who want to experience the game solo) BUT you need to be ALWAYS ONLINE and you have to have a gold account or PS plus to play it...no one bats an eyelash and the few dissenting people are drowned with "deal with it" comments.

Furthermore, while still saying they want to cater to people who prefer playing solo Bungie still has to CONFIRM 100% that there is a way for us to ABSOLUTELY be able to avoid any an all co op contact (read, the option to not see or hear from other players at ALL minus the optional shared events you just have to avoid physically) and the fact they keep calling this a shared world does not bode well. Also, they pretty much said that the game is less fun alone (I would LOVE to know what they mean by that) and that some events will be too hard or nearly impossible to do alone thus borderline making certain content accessible solely to people who do co op which also means that solo players will miss out on content.

And still very few people say even a word about that

So....WTF, why is it that if you, bungie, are trying to cater to the mood of exclusively solo playing gamers you are making it painfully clear that we are NOT your target audience?

And why in hell is the constant online connection required (unless you are making heavy use of cloud computing) as you guys stated before that your build was playable offline? (they made a comment about internet connection dropping in their building and being bummed because other players were not showing).

I know they are small complaints but in principle they really REALLY tick me off.

Last edited by crimzontearz; 09-30-2013 at 03:17 PM.