PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Space Channel 5: Part 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-20-2011, 05:26 AM   #1
Ceejus

Send a message via AIM to Ceejus Send a message via Yahoo to Ceejus Send a message via Skype™ to Ceejus

Prepare to Lag's Gamercard
Um, what about part 1?

Why are they only releasing part 2 on arcade? That doesn't seem to make any sense.
Completed + all DLC: 24 | Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Kazooie N&B, Banjo-Tooie, Dash of Destruction, Fable II, Fable III, Halo 3, ODST, Halo Reach, Harm's Way, Hydrophobia, Monopoly Streets, Silent Hill Homecoming, Sonic's UGC, Sonic Adventure, Sonic & Knux, Sonic & Sega ASR, Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3, Sonic 4 Ep. 1, South Park, Ult. MK3, WWE All Stars

Completed (minus DLC): 3 | Dark Void, Resident Evil 5, Force Unleashed
Ceejus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 06:27 AM   #2
Atariboy

LeoAmes17's Gamercard
I assume they went with this version because it's more desirable. We never got the Dreamcast release here in North America.

Beyond the special edition bundle that included both games on the Playstation 2 (Which I found for $10 in a drugstore of all places a couple of years ago), this is it's first appearance here. I assume many Space Channel fans have yet to even get to play the sequel.

Still, it just doesn't seem right to include the sequel and leave the original game out.
Atariboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 10:44 PM   #3
KayCeaEffahless

Location: Climbing the insurmountable mental peak...Still got a ways to go (. ▽ `.)ノ

Statikc's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Hopefully they'll release it either as some form of DLC or as a separate release. Though if it had to go down it, i'd rather have the 2nd game over the first>,>. I'm really looking forward to this game either way.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:07 PM   #4
Ceejus

Send a message via AIM to Ceejus Send a message via Yahoo to Ceejus Send a message via Skype™ to Ceejus

Prepare to Lag's Gamercard
Still doesn't make any sense, even if the second game is a lot better. I've never played either personally. I like the style of the game, not sure about the genre though.
Completed + all DLC: 24 | Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Kazooie N&B, Banjo-Tooie, Dash of Destruction, Fable II, Fable III, Halo 3, ODST, Halo Reach, Harm's Way, Hydrophobia, Monopoly Streets, Silent Hill Homecoming, Sonic's UGC, Sonic Adventure, Sonic & Knux, Sonic & Sega ASR, Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3, Sonic 4 Ep. 1, South Park, Ult. MK3, WWE All Stars

Completed (minus DLC): 3 | Dark Void, Resident Evil 5, Force Unleashed
Ceejus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:19 AM   #5
KayCeaEffahless

Location: Climbing the insurmountable mental peak...Still got a ways to go (. ▽ `.)ノ

Statikc's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The genre was called "Music" video game. I think it still would be referred to that way. Honestly i'm just happy to play a game from my childhood that helped define a genre and console.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:53 PM   #6
Matriculated

SEEGAAAA's Gamercard
The reason they're not doing Part 1 is because it used pre-rendered FMV for it's backgrounds. Up-scaling them to HD would result in them looking awful.

Badges provided by http://darkfailure.deviantart.com/
Matriculated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:14 PM   #7
lonesquiff

lonesquiff's Gamercard
I'd played them both back on PS2 and absolutely loved the 1st one. Real shame they aren't bringing them both out. I wasn't too keen on 2 cause I never could get the hang of the instrumental parts.
lonesquiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:27 PM   #8
BiohazardSEGA

BiohazardSEGA's Gamercard
We've never had this game in Europe on Dreamcast either... So, I think we should be very glad Sega decided to put part 2 on the disc, I for one have never played it before.

Retail 1000+: Halo 3 (1510)/Halo Reach (1108)/PGR4 (1040)/Scene It! BOS (1130)/Tomb Raider Legend (1000)

XBLA 100%: After Burner Climax/Dash of Destruction/Golden Axe/Outrun Online Arcade/Sega Rally Online Arcade
BiohazardSEGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:18 AM   #9
JaxTH

jaxth's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I thought Europe got Part 2 on Dreamcast. Maybe I was just lumping it in with Shenmue.

Friggin SEGA fanboy FOR LIFE!!!

My Achievement Guides & Roadmaps:

Retail
Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Arcade
Space Channel 5: Part 2 Sonic CD Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 NiGHTS Into Dreams... Sonic the Fighters
JaxTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:15 PM   #10
JenniBee

jennibee's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxTH View Post
I thought Europe got Part 2 on Dreamcast. Maybe I was just lumping it in with Shenmue.
Japan was the only region that got this game on Dreamcast. Big Ben Interactive was planning on releasing it on Dreamcast in Europe (along with more Japanese games and at least one original game) when Sega Europe abruptly stopped production of Dreamcast games there.
JenniBee is offline   Reply With Quote