PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Community and Events > Ambassadors
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-21-2013, 10:49 PM   #1
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Messages Received Because of X360A on Your Profile

So, who here has received any sort of message because they have X360A in their tag or on their XBL profile?I just received one and it is probably my favorite so far:

"hahahaha you spent 800 points just for a shitty website that dosnt work xD"

I replied that I enjoy the website and it works just fine for me. This prompted the following response:

"maybe so but spending 800 points for a crappy site ?"

People are so strange. What have YOU received that made you happy, laugh, cry, angry, etc.?

(Also, am I allowed to make threads like this?)

EDIT: I am getting more from this same person! I also need to point out he has TrueAchievements all over his profile.

"nope just seems pointless having x360a at the end of your tag for 800 msp you dirty booster"

Last edited by xhunterrrr; 06-21-2013 at 10:56 PM.
xhunterrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:54 PM   #2
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Subscriber - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
i've only sort of had one, but it was from a member of the site (Lavindathar) who recognized my gamertag and sent me a message along the lines of 'hey, i remember you from x360a'. i was playing Gears: Judgment.

i've never had an unrecognizable person message me, but i don't play online all that much.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:14 PM   #3
Agent Aero

Aero x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   x360a Representer   Over Achiever - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I did once. From someone called Assassin x360a.
Turns out he was on the blacklist and wasn't an official rep, lol. Was an ok guy though.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:21 PM   #4
troy0891 x360a
Guide Team Lead / Mod

Send a message via Skype™ to troy0891 x360a

troy0891 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   Staff - Guide Team   Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   1,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
I am getting more from this same person! I also need to point out he has TrueAchievements all over his profile.

"nope just seems pointless having x360a at the end of your tag for 800 msp you dirty booster"
LOLHARD at his calling you a "dirty booster". Srsly. That's just about the only thing that site is really good for.
And check the GreenBook for abandoned works you may be able to lend a hand on
My Blog
troy0891 x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:31 PM   #5
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Weird how a TA member is giving you shit, I came across a TA guy in a L4D2 match a long time ago now and I made sure to send him a nice message acknowledging that fact though I'm not a member myself.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:32 PM   #6
Grifter Reborn

Send a message via Skype™ to Grifter Reborn

Grifter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Wow. Never gotten hateful or spiteful messages before because of this site. Only 2 that I remember, one was asking me a question about Batman AC because I had done the FAQ way back when. The other was a thanks for my Mass Effect 3 Ultimate mission guide.

I do find it ironic he called you a "dirty booster" being from TA. Talk about the pot and the kettle...

Change is inevitable.

Grifter Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:39 PM   #7
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifter Reborn View Post
Wow. Never gotten hateful or spiteful messages before because of this site. Only 2 that I remember, one was asking me a question about Batman AC because I had done the FAQ way back when. The other was a thanks for my Mass Effect 3 Ultimate mission guide.

I do find it ironic he called you a "dirty booster" being from TA. Talk about the pot and the kettle...
No kidding.

This is the only negative message I've gotten. Most are just saying hi because they are also members or asking about the site.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:55 PM   #8
Grifter Reborn

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Quote:
No kidding.

This is the only negative message I've gotten. Most are just saying hi because they are also members or asking about the site.
Guess I'm not that popular.

I never get messages (outside of community gaming stuff) but I get plenty of random friend requests.

Change is inevitable.

Old 06-22-2013, 12:12 AM   #9
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 40 (more» ...)
Quote:
Guess I'm not that popular.

I never get messages (outside of community gaming stuff) but I get plenty of random friend requests.
I get five or six a week that either directly or obliquely reference the site...and note that I don't have x360a in my gamertag at the moment (I have in the past), but it is in my motto and of course I post a fair bit here in the forums.

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.
Creech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:18 AM   #10
Corrupt.
"Tits"

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Community Gaming - Platinum   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff - Guide Team
Total Awards: 46 (more» ...)
I get a lot of friend requests (at least one a day). I always ask why if they don't message with it, and 9/10 times it is from the site.

Currently Working on: TY The Tasmanian Tiger (W8)
Corrupt. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:19 AM   #11
Capn Doug
Graphics Team

Capn Doug XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - rekikire   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Platinum   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 2   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 3   Community Gaming - Gold   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2
Total Awards: 48 (more» ...)
I remember playing MLB with a guy who would send me messages gushing about how awesome the site was. Which would have been fine if it wasn't delaying the game.

Best one I've gotten was a voice message from a young kid asking if I could help him with achievements. He basically told me to check his game history and see what I could help him with. Because that somehow needed explaining.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:36 AM   #12
Spade.

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Other than FRs, nothing out of the ordinary.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:44 AM   #13
UnarmedReaper07

UnarmedReaper07's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Nothing really, except my friend that wondered what does this site actually do.
UnarmedReaper07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 03:27 AM   #14
Kairi
Moderator / Spam Killer

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase A+ Thread Award   Staff - Moderator   Community Gaming - Gold   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   CABS Beta Tester
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
I have gotten a few messages that were related to x360a; most were thanking me for a guide, advice in a thread, or for my contributions to the site. I received a couple of messages from people asking about the site as well because it was in my motto. The weirdest message I have received because of x360a was about two years ago from a random person. He sent me a friend request and then when I asked who he was, he didn't answer the question and said something like "Please accept my request! You're famous on x360a! I want to be friends with a famous person!". It was extremely strange; I didn't know that I was apparently famous on here.

As for people on TrueAchievements, I received some message from someone on there a year ago that were rather bizarre. The guy told me he was from TrueAchievements and kept accusing me of gamesaveing Sonic Generations because I had the "Can't Touch This" achievement, and according to him, the achievement was unobtainable to anyone in the United States. After telling him that I did it legitimately with some practice, he called me a liar, then proceeded to claim that everyone that lives in the United States gamesaved Sonic Generations and that people living there are scum. O_o Very strange person!

It's a world of saints and sinners, losers and winners, good and bad, happy and sad
Can't break the spell! I'll be there for you....
Kairi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:33 AM   #15
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Got a few hate messages from ex/banned x360a members that I've randomly encountered in games. That's about it.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:58 AM   #16
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   10,000 posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
Just a few people who recognized me in random online games, and probably a few FRs too.

I occasionally get kids literally telling me that I'm supposed to help them boost, with no benefit to myself. They are the worst; "Let me know when you can help me in Halo", and "Hey, let me know when you can play DS3 co-op, I need the collectibles".
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:21 AM   #17
Jakez123
Steins;Jake

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Free Agents - First Place   Community Gaming - Bronze   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Winner
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
No, but I have seen some people online, once I randomly saw Coregblue on Blazblue and messaged him after I beat him in our match, My second encounter was with TVthepunisher. I randomly joined a lobby in castlevania Harmony of despair and he was in the lobby, I was booted out and after I messaged him he had no clue who I was, and then told me that sometimes people are randomly kicked from the lobby. I never saw him again.....

Oh yea, just remembered that I also saw Jellybean on Blazblue also.

EDIT: I also remembered that I saw Salaryman CP on Arcana Heart 3 (Might have been Salaryman Clev though) and I think I encountered them on Ultimate Marvel. Now that I think about it I don't see many people.
Jesus, some of you guys fold like a card table at the slightest whim of a challenge.

Last edited by Jakez123; 06-24-2013 at 03:24 AM.
Jakez123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:31 AM   #18
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
I've had messages accusing me of being a cheater and a few messages from people wanting me to download their tag and get them achievements, but nothing about the site.
dakisbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:07 AM   #19
Evo Kazz

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
I've had hate messages because of my Gamerscore, accusing me of cheating etc, but I usually just delete them and move on.

Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 36
Franchise Clubs - 5x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 10

Evo Kazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:38 AM   #20
jackanape
Duchess Gummybuns

jackanape's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shiftie   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - rekikire   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff - Super Moderator   Road Map - Platinum   A+ Thread Award   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - TemporalWizard
Total Awards: 38 (more» ...)
I got a message from someone while I was playing PvP on Defiance. He said he couldn't believe he had been in a game with me, and that I was his favourite person on x360a.

It obviously meant a lot to me as I can't even remember his/her tag. Lol.

jackanape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:49 PM   #21
Grifter Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackanape View Post
I got a message from someone while I was playing PvP on Defiance. He said he couldn't believe he had been in a game with me, and that I was his favourite person on x360a.

Typical celebrity attitude...

Change is inevitable.

Old 06-24-2013, 01:46 PM   #22
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackanape View Post

Hollywood phony.

Old 06-24-2013, 01:50 PM   #23
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Typical celebrity attitude...

Don't go changing now you've got your purple name.

I can't remember running into anyone with x360a in their gamertag before myself, though there's probably been a few that have the site in their profile or whatever.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:57 PM   #24
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
I don't have x360a in my tag, but ever since Fable III was free, I've had a fair few people sending me FR's and messages asking for cloths/weapon help! People need to realise that the game is over 3yrs old and I wrote the guide that long ago to. I don't play it anymore!

Other than that, I don't get too much site/message wise. I get the odd one of random people sending FR's then simply typing x360a... I just look at the tag, don't recognise it, send a nice message back and hit over that bad boy!
Old 06-24-2013, 01:59 PM   #25
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozza x360a View Post
I don't have x360a in my tag, but ever since Fable III was free, I've had a fair few people sending me FR's and messages asking for cloths/weapon help! People need to realise that the game is over 2yrs old and I wrote the guide that long ago to. I don't play it anymore!

Other than that, I don't get too much site/message wise. I get the odd one of random people sending FR's then simply typing x360a... I just look at the tag, don't recognise it, send a nice message back and hit over that bad boy!
I get a RIDICULOUS amount of friend requests because I am #1 on the Special Forces Team X leaderboard (for score, I believe) when I was boosting in that game. They just send me a request without a message or anything. It is annoying! No one has tried to friend me because of x360a, though.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:10 PM   #26
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Quote:
I get a RIDICULOUS amount of friend requests because I am #1 on the Special Forces Team X leaderboard (for score, I believe) when I was boosting in that game. They just send me a request without a message or anything. It is annoying! No one has tried to friend me because of x360a, though.
I gave up trying to keep up with you on that leaderboard. lol
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:52 PM   #27
H0p3sfalL
Ch Ch Ch Cherry Bomb!

ATT4Ck XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   Subscriber - Silver   x360a Representer   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Haven't gotten anything yet in the form of a message. Just some tea bagging in BF3 here and there.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:57 PM   #28
BiggD
54 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Never gotten any hate messages because of this site.

But ever since I've become active in writing micro guides for the site back since December, I've gotten some messages here and there thanking me, or FR's every now and then along with a few messages asking for clarification on certain achievements or help with boosting.

And I don't get people...because when I tell them that I can indeed help...they never get back to me What was the point in contacting me for help if you don't follow up!?

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!

Last edited by BiggD; 07-03-2013 at 12:00 AM.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:41 AM   #29
Corrupt.
"Tits"

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Community Gaming - Platinum   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff - Guide Team
Total Awards: 46 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
And I don't get people...because when I tell them that I can indeed help...they never get back to me What was the point in contacting me for help if you don't follow up!?
This happens all the time to me. I always reply "sure, let me know when". The nothing. I wouldn't mind but as I invariably reply through my Xbox, that takes up valuable playing time!

Currently Working on: TY The Tasmanian Tiger (W8)
Corrupt. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:31 AM   #30
BiggD
54 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupt x360a View Post
This happens all the time to me. I always reply "sure, let me know when". The nothing. I wouldn't mind but as I invariably reply through my Xbox, that takes up valuable playing time!
People are so inconsiderate. I'll never get those 30-60 seconds back that I took to type out a message

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote