Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Community and Events > Tournaments
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 05:12 PM   #1
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 40 (more» ...)
July Staff/Subscriber Genre Competition - Team Announcements Thread

Teams are detailed below, as designated by our good friends at random.org. I have arbitrarily assigned letters, but if you wish to come up with a team name that both team members agree on, please reply below. Feel free to cheer or moan about your teammate as well.

a D Mob x360a
a TVthePunisher

b B A R 4 D
b YUNDERSTAND

c FabledGamerHero
c Hayden x360a

d AOS Puck
d Mahtan Tinuviel

e Scotty x360a
e unbrokensoul

f Judge Bergan
f Madhatters13

g Corrupt x360a
g stophj

h Obsolete x360a
h Seany Sh0w

i Mister Dak
i TemporalWizard

j Sprinkles x360a
j Veedrock

k Aceman417
k Capn Doug x360a

l Delta3519
l TheStayonTarget

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:17 PM   #2
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Subscriber - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
WOOOOOOO! Go team E!! sorry i've had like 6 energy drinks today.

I propose, to unbrokensoul, that we become 'Scotty and the Argonauts'.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:25 PM   #3
Aceman417

Aceman417's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
WOOOOOOO! Go team E!! sorry i've had like 6 energy drinks today.

I propose, to unbrokensoul, that we become 'Scotty and the Argonauts'.
How long did it take you to think that up?

Can't wait for this to start. Have stopped playing xbox just so I have some games to start on.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:27 PM   #4
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Subscriber - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceman417 View Post
dunno, how long's this thread been live, like 10 minutes
Old 06-27-2013, 05:28 PM   #5
Capn Doug
Community and Events Lead

Capn Doug XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Ceris   Staff Club - rekikire   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Platinum   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 2   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 50 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceman417 View Post

Can't wait for this to start. Have stopped playing xbox just so I have some games to start on.
Welcome to Team Special K.

We shall be a force to be reckoned with.

We will whip the completion into shape while a certain member destroys the roof of their mouth.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:32 PM   #6
TVthePunisher
AV#13: What'd you say?!

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher Send a message via Skype™ to TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Team A! That's right! A for Awesome. A for Awing. A for Acidic Plasma-coated Boot kicking some ASS! And ass fans...at least in my case, mmm-mmm. Women's butts though only, thank you.

*all this talk and will probably lose ;>_>* No fault to my teammate of course. It all depends on the genres we get! Also took me awhile to figure out who my teammate was .__. jamie!

I'm going to be so original here...

We're now known as the A-Team (see wut i did thar?), unless jamie objects! I call Mr. T. Because I'm (T)VthePunisher and I always wanted to be a big muscular black man with a mohawk, jewelry the size of a car and speaks about FOOS!

Last edited by TVthePunisher; 06-27-2013 at 05:35 PM.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:39 PM   #7
Aceman417

Aceman417's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Doug View Post

We will whip the completion into shape while a certain member destroys the roof of their mouth.
Special K sounds great lol,
Old 06-27-2013, 06:53 PM   #8
jamie1000013

D Mob x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Genre Competition - Second Place   2,500 Posts   x360a Representer   Completion Competition Winner   Word of Mouth   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:

Special K has a unique meaning in the UK:

Special K: A medication used as an anesthetic in humans and animals, ketamine is sometimes abused as a "club drug." It can cause hallucinations and euphoria in higher doses. Synonyms include vitamin K, breakfast cereal, cat valium, horse tranquilizer, K, Ket, new ecstasy, psychedelic heroin, and super acid. It's basically horse tranquilizer.

Although it is also diet cereal as well :-P.

Damn TV got Mr T I'll have to be Liam Neeson. I think it's safe to say I won't be using any arcade games for this competition after the last one lol. I'll try my hardest since it's a team effort but it's all for fun at the end of the day but seeing the A-team last would look pretty bad to be honest :-P.

Last edited by jamie1000013; 06-27-2013 at 06:55 PM.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:10 PM   #9
Ceris
にゃー?

Tragic Melody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Ceris   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
After the last subscriber tournament's results, Team C should be intimidating

Good luck to all!
An ad blocker prevents the ad from loading in the first place, and the counter is on the ad's side, not the site's. As such, an ad blocker stops the increment from going up and no revenue is generated as a result of your page views.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:41 PM   #10
Capn Doug

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Ceris   Staff Club - rekikire   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Platinum   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 2   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie1000013 View Post
Special K has a unique meaning in the UK:

Special K: A medication used as an anesthetic in humans and animals, ketamine is sometimes abused as a "club drug." It can cause hallucinations and euphoria in higher doses. Synonyms include vitamin K, breakfast cereal, cat valium, horse tranquilizer, K, Ket, new ecstasy, psychedelic heroin, and super acid. It's basically horse tranquilizer.

Although it is also diet cereal as well :-P.
So upon hearing the term "Special K" your mind immediately went to drugs? Something you want to confess, Jamie? I'll bet your mind goes to dirty places at the mention of Florida's famous celebration of the water turtle: the Cooter Festival.

Have you no shame?
Old 06-27-2013, 11:57 PM   #11
Corrupt.
Guide Team Lead/Moderator

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Moderator   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Platinum   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold
Total Awards: 48 (more» ...)
Special k has no other meanings for me
So me and Stophj? Team OG

Currently Working on: TY The Tasmanian Tiger (W8)

If anybody can help me with the 50 challenges on TY, then let me know. I will be so very grateful!
Old 06-28-2013, 12:36 AM   #12
TVthePunisher

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher Send a message via Skype™ to TVthePunisher

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Quote:
So upon hearing the term "Special K" your mind immediately went to drugs? Something you want to confess, Jamie? I'll bet your mind goes to dirty places at the mention of Florida's famous celebration of the water turtle: the Cooter Festival.

Have you no shame?
Cooter Festival? THAT SOUNDS LIKE MY KIND OF PARTY! no fat/old chikz k?
Old 06-28-2013, 01:10 AM   #13
StayonTarget
Goggles Anybody?

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Gonna need to pull something out of a hat for this one.

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!
Old 06-28-2013, 01:42 AM   #14
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
I think "Team Can't Find the Turret" is a fitting name for our team. Thoughts Tempy?
Old 06-28-2013, 01:52 AM   #15
TemporalWizard
Guide Team

TemporalWizard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - troy0891   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakisbac View Post
I think "Team Can't Find the Turret" is a fitting name for our team. Thoughts Tempy?
I have no idea what your talking about dak!
Old 06-28-2013, 06:17 AM   #16
Capn Doug

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakisbac View Post
Laughed so hard that I woke up the rest of the house. Ok, just the cat. But still...
Old 06-28-2013, 08:29 AM   #17
Asturgis
Gundam Meister

Asturgis's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Platinum   Donator - Level 5   1,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
If someone still needs a partner, since the thread has been locked and I just missed it by 10 hours, you can count me in. I was in Italy and Switzerland for 2 weeks on vacation and just come back now. I ask for the leniency of the court

If you don't need another one, it's OK
Old 06-28-2013, 12:35 PM   #18
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month
Quote:
Laughed so hard that I woke up the rest of the house. Ok, just the cat. But still...
Agreed, I thought that was the most funny post of the day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asturgis View Post
If someone still needs a partner, since the thread has been locked and I just missed it by 10 hours, you can count me in. I was in Italy and Switzerland for 2 weeks on vacation and just come back now. I ask for the leniency of the court

If you don't need another one, it's OK
Sorry buddy, there will be a lot more of these in the future though!

Old 06-28-2013, 12:59 PM   #19
Judge Bergan
The Judge

Judge Bergan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Green Thumb - Silver   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Diamond   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Sweet teams! Looking forward to having some fun and hopefully clearing up (and sometimes creating) more of my backlog.

Microsoft Xbox MVP 2014

Xbox Ambassador - Level 14
Writer for Xboxgamer.me
Old 06-28-2013, 02:13 PM   #20
HadMatters13
Mod/Maximum Clubs' Jester

Send a message via Skype™ to HadMatters13

Madhatters13's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - Madhatters13   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 4   1,000 Posts   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Forza 3 Subscribers Tournament- Winner   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 Winners   Castle Crashers Subscribers Tourn. - Second Place
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Bergan View Post
Sweet teams! Looking forward to having some fun and hopefully clearing up (and sometimes creating) more of my backlog.
Not to mention hitting 100k. Congratulations. Looking forward to teaming up with you man.

Awesome team name is incoming guys!

~ Thanks to troy for the innocent looking hamster! ~
~ Feelings grow into hopes || Ready for Persona 5 and Dreamfall Chapters! ~
~ Swashbucklin' Diplomas for all || Xbox One Points Breakdown || Tales from the Jester's tower ~
Old 06-28-2013, 05:33 PM   #21
Asturgis
Gundam Meister

Asturgis's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Platinum   Donator - Level 5   1,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
It's OK Creech, I was too slow on this...
Old 06-28-2013, 05:44 PM   #22
Unbrokensoul
1.21 gigawatts!

unbrokensoul's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - * Clueless *
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Hopefully we get a certain genre I have a lot of games in where I have no achievements looks like I am going to my GameStop/ Hastings and buy some cheap games.. Woohoo! Go Scotty and the Argonauts!

Old 06-28-2013, 07:51 PM   #23
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbrokensoul View Post
Hopefully we get a certain genre I have a lot of games in where I have no achievements looks like I am going to my GameStop/ Hastings and buy some cheap games.. Woohoo! Go Scotty and the Argonauts!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

LETS DO IT!!!

LETS FUCKING DO IT!!!

so i take it there is no problem with the name? unbrokensoul is my 50 best fighters(argonauts) so we can't lose! I can feel a speech coming...
Old 06-28-2013, 10:23 PM   #24
Mahtan Tinuviél

Mahtan Tinuviel's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Unless AOS Puck has something against it, since I´m into metal I would bestow on my team the name of "Teamnacios D!!!"

Thanks for Rajeanero for the signature!!

100% Retail: 28 - Latest : Borderlands
100% Arcade: 1 - Latest : Shoot Many Robots

Latest Milestone:
40.000 - 28/09/2013; Playing XCOM: EU.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:01 AM   #25
Unbrokensoul
1.21 gigawatts!

unbrokensoul's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - * Clueless *
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahtan Tinuviél View Post
Unless AOS Puck has something against it, since I´m into metal I would bestow on my team the name of "Teamnacios D!!!"
Nice name.

Old 06-29-2013, 05:21 AM   #26
TVthePunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asturgis View Post
It's OK Creech, I was too slow on this...
Mainly in response to your sig but I always wondered about animes like that...do they like...have a spot to stick their boobs or something that make them pop out of the leather like that? Because normal clothing wouldn't allow it. I've seen it in other animes and even games (Soul Caliber for instance). I mean it's one thing for them to poke out but for it to basically look like someone painted the uniform on her...

;>> that is all.
Old 06-29-2013, 05:50 AM   #27
Capn Doug

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVthePunisher View Post
Mainly in response to your sig but I always wondered about animes like that...do they like...have a spot to stick their boobs or something that make them pop out of the leather like that? Because normal clothing wouldn't allow it. I've seen it in other animes and even games (Soul Caliber for instance). I mean it's one thing for them to poke out but for it to basically look like someone painted the uniform on her...

;>> that is all.
You do not question majestic tits! They are god's gift to the world!

Maybe that's just the bourbon and 8+ shots of Bacardi 151 speaking... nope. Just don't question majestic tits.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:50 AM   #28
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Quote:
You do not question majestic tits! They are god's gift to the world!

Maybe that's just the bourbon and 8+ shots of Bacardi 151 speaking... nope. Just don't question majestic tits.
Speaking of bourbon, I pulled up Facebook yesterday and the random pic it used as my profile page was from PAX several years back...and had ANTHONY in it, standing right behind me. WHY DOES IT HURT SOOOOO BAAAAAAADDDDDD????????

LOL!

Old 06-29-2013, 02:03 PM   #29
Barad
I wear legendary boxers

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
I guess this means good luck all lol.

Everyone get your tactical mind on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotyMcFat View Post
I bought destiny thinking it was a game, instead I got a Zoo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggnogga View Post
Bungie made a game where the most memorable thing about it is the constant spawning of enemies in front a small cave where people would stand and shoot endlessly.
R.I.P. Loot Cave

Old 06-29-2013, 03:04 PM   #30
Capn Doug

Creech, coming from you, the phrase "speaking of bourbon" is kind of redundant. It's fairly same to assume that every major event it your life involves bourbon in some way.