Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Guides, Awards and Submissions
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-27-2013, 05:32 PM   #1
Vyrastas
Administrator of PST

Vyrastas's Gamercard
The Ultimate BBCode Achievement Guide Template

Hey all, I recently created a BBCode guide template on PS3T.org for guide writers to use when posting guides on the forums. It's an easy way to get the exact BBCode you need for trophy/achievement images, names and descriptions, in a common "approved" format.

Since both sites have the same basic structure, I added support for X360A and your guide formats. The template is here:

The Ultimate BBCode Achievement Guide Template

Eventually I'll expand it with more options, but for the moment this simply has the basic BBCode skeleton you need for posting guides without going through the hassle of copy/paste from the game pages, etc etc.

Using it is simple:

Select the letter your game starts with, and then select the game. All the BBCode will generate in the bottom frame and you can then copy and paste it into a text editor / forum post and fill in your guide info. The quickest way is to simply click in the bottom frame and Ctrl/Cmd + A to select all.

Note that XB1 games are currently in a separate list.

You may need to adjust the roadmap options based on the game you're doing, and the achievement counts shown for "Offline" will be the counts for the entire game. So you'll need to adjust for online.

Please let me know if you have any problems with it or if there are updates to the format I need to make.

Last edited by Vyrastas; 12-02-2013 at 04:04 AM.
Vyrastas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:54 AM   #2
DEG23
Wanderlusting

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Thanks for adapting it for x360a and posting it over here I've added a link to our how to guide and roadmap thread.

I'll let you know if any issues or feedback come up.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:37 AM   #3
StayonTarget
The Sum of All Zeroes

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Some help for formatting, I (think I) know all what the BBCode can do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Like Barad. That damn spammer.

Last edited by StayonTarget; 07-01-2013 at 01:59 AM.
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:42 PM   #4
Vyrastas
Administrator of PST

Vyrastas's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
Thanks for adapting it for x360a and posting it over here I've added a link to our how to guide and roadmap thread.

I'll let you know if any issues or feedback come up.
Not a problem... glad to be of help.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:29 PM   #5
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Wow, this is unbelievable helpful. You deserve money... Or at least an A+ Thread Award since this is an A+ thread if I have ever seen one that will help out literally every achievement G+R writer on the website.

I realize the above sentence sounds funny, but I don't know whats wrong with it. Lol.

Last edited by Foxxy kyle; 07-09-2013 at 08:40 PM.
Foxxy kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:48 PM   #6
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
It doesn't seem to be showing me any games anymore. I click the letters but no games appear.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:53 PM   #7
Jardinho

Jardinho's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Community Gaming - Silver   Green Thumb - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   GRID 2 Award   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxxy kyle View Post
It doesn't seem to be showing me any games anymore. I click the letters but no games appear.
Just checked and it's the same for me. Maybe the databases on here and PS3t are being formatted or something.

It was an amazing tool when it was working, though.
Jardinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:05 PM   #8
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardinho View Post
Just checked and it's the same for me. Maybe the databases on here and PS3t are being formatted or something.

I posted the problem over on ps3t, I will have much better luck contacting him over there.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:15 PM   #9
Kairi
Guide and Award Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   CABS Beta Tester   Green Thumb - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardinho View Post

I have sent Vyrastas a message informing him about this problem; hopefully it can be fixed soon!
Old 07-15-2013, 07:28 PM   #10
troy0891 x360a
Guide Team Lead / Mod

Send a message via Skype™ to troy0891 x360a

troy0891 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   Staff - Guide Team   Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   1,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   x360a Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
... It's working fine for me....
And check the GreenBook for abandoned works you may be able to lend a hand on
My Blog
troy0891 x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:29 PM   #11
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairi View Post
I have sent Vyrastas a message informing him about this problem; hopefully it can be fixed soon!
For some reason it just started working again, maybe it was maintenance right here on x360a that restricted the games from appearing through the coding on the template, because the ps3t section was working. Or maybe he just simply fixed it real quick, although he doesn't appear to be online on either sites.

Last edited by Foxxy kyle; 07-15-2013 at 07:34 PM.
Foxxy kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:34 PM   #12
Kairi
Guide and Award Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   CABS Beta Tester   Green Thumb - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy0891 x360a View Post
... It's working fine for me....
I just checked it again and it seems to be working again for me, although it wasn't working for me when Kyle posted.

Quote:
For some reason it just started working again, maybe it was maintenance right here on x360a because the ps3t section was working. Or maybe he just simply fixed it real quick, although he doesn't appear to be online on either sites.
Maybe he was performing maintenance on the template or something and that may have caused it to temporarily stop working?
Old 07-15-2013, 07:37 PM   #13
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairi View Post
I just checked it again and it seems to be working again for me, although it wasn't working for me when Kyle posted.
I think we both can see whose fault it obviously is. Mine. Lol.

Strange things with no real answer always happen on the site when I am around, just like my strange leaderboard problem a few days ago. hehe
Old 07-16-2013, 05:52 AM   #14
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
You're my hero. I'm a lot more likely to post guides for arcade games now.
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:14 AM   #15
KillerBEA
CET

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Community and Events Team   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Community Gaming - Gold   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
Thanks for this, takes out the most tedious part of writing a guide.
KillerBEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:53 PM   #16
Vyrastas
Administrator of PST

Vyrastas's Gamercard
Sorry everyone, I wasn't doing anything with the template... probably something with the web host. Of course if the game/achievement pages were offline, it wouldn't work either.

I've subscribed to this thread now and will get email notifications for PMs here, so no need to hop over to PS3T unless you see me online there and need a quick answer.
Old 08-02-2013, 04:31 PM   #17
Vyrastas
Administrator of PST

Vyrastas's Gamercard
Sorry for the double post... heads up that the template is currently down since my hosting service (Bluehost) is completely offline. I'm sure it will be back soon, nothing to do but wait.

Edit: All is back to normal.

Last edited by Vyrastas; 08-03-2013 at 05:46 AM.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:28 PM   #18
BiggD
Halo: MCC - 120 Days Left

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Gold   Donator - Level 2   Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
I'm late to the party but thanks for making this

KillerBEA showed me it a couple months back and since then, it's helped take the tedious work out of making a template for games like Splinter Cell, GTA, and Batman.

Again, thanks for this!

Thanks to XeroFox for the sinister signature!

Batman: Arkham City | XBA Blog
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:03 AM   #19
Vyrastas
Administrator of PST

Vyrastas's Gamercard
FYI, I've added support for XB1 games... for the moment it's a separate selection outside of the letter list, you'll see it as XB1 at the beginning and it will list all XB1 games.

Once the "browse by letter" pages are live for XB1 lists, I'll move the lists to the letter pages like normal.
Old 12-02-2013, 04:08 AM   #20
Corrupt.
Damn you, Walt Whitman!

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff - Guide Team   Green Thumb - Gold   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Tyger7
Total Awards: 44 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyrastas View Post
FYI, I've added support for XB1 games... for the moment it's a separate selection outside of the letter list, you'll see it as XB1 at the beginning and it will list all XB1 games.

Once the "browse by letter" pages are live for XB1 lists, I'll move the lists to the letter pages like normal.
Thanks for the update Vyrastas, good to know
Old 12-27-2013, 07:48 PM   #21
Vyrastas
Administrator of PST

Vyrastas's Gamercard
Heads up that I made a few updates because of the new site URL. Right now the template is running slow because the site is slow... letters that have a lot of games may take a while to load, so just be patient.