PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2013, 09:01 AM   #1
TrueDestiny619
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 68

TrueDestiny619's Gamercard
Question What does the teddy bear ON TOP of the mystery box do?

Yesterday an update went live for black ops 2 and in the zombies mode they added some new features such as a bank and fridge in Die Rise. Also Treyach accidentally put the Ray Gun Mark 2 in the maps so I went onto Tranzit to try and get it (not knowing yet they released a hotfix out). When I got the mystery box to get a gun I think either the first or second time I spent points on it a green flash appeared like when you get a persistent perk (like the quick revive one) on top of the box and a teddy was sitting on top of it. Now I though this signafying that you would be getting the RGM2 but I didn't really knew what it did as it didn't do what i though it would. so is their anyone who knows what this teddy bear does?
TrueDestiny619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:43 PM   #2
Douce282
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 20

Douce282's Gamercard
havent played zombies on black ops 2 yet, so im probably way off, but i know in previous games, getting the teddy bear moved the mystery box location... could be way off, as i'm sure if you played any of the other games you would know that and not be on hear asking haha but thats all i got
Douce282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:20 PM   #3
abstract1620
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 757

harry coinshlot's Gamercard

according to this guy, it decreases your chance of getting garbage out of the box. I've still never seen it myself.
__________________
You are only as good as the people you surround yourself with.
abstract1620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:44 PM   #4
Rickmassacre
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Manchester
Posts: 542

Rickmassacre's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douce282 View Post
havent played zombies on black ops 2 yet, so im probably way off, but i know in previous games, getting the teddy bear moved the mystery box location... could be way off, as i'm sure if you played any of the other games you would know that and not be on hear asking haha but thats all i got
The mystery box moves when it's empty nothing to do with the bear.
__________________


100% (66)
List Of 100%
http://www.trueachievements.com/game...gamerid=340720

You should work more on your gamerscore, and less on your post counts.
Rickmassacre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:07 PM   #5
TrueDestiny619
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 68

TrueDestiny619's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by abstract1620 View Post

according to this guy, it decreases your chance of getting garbage out of the box. I've still never seen it myself.
I know that when you get the bear on top of the mystery box you usually get a ray gun as its happened 3 times to me now but I don't think it decrease your chances of getting terrible weapon that much as I got weapons like: SMR, RPG, Kap-40 etc. I also know that someone said this bear stays on top if you do another game and also after a while if you keep buying the box it disappears like any perma perk
TrueDestiny619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:17 AM   #6
abstract1620
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 757

harry coinshlot's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDestiny619 View Post
I know that when you get the bear on top of the mystery box you usually get a ray gun as its happened 3 times to me now but I don't think it decrease your chances of getting terrible weapon that much as I got weapons like: SMR, RPG, Kap-40 etc. I also know that someone said this bear stays on top if you do another game and also after a while if you keep buying the box it disappears like any perma perk

That sucks, I was really hoping that it would weed out the garbage in the box. I feel like every box should have a giant pile of Barrett's and RPG's next to it.

Anyone have any idea what makes the bear appear? I've spent @ 50k on the box in the last couple days between town and die rise, never seen a bear on top. I will say I generally don't hit the box much.
__________________
You are only as good as the people you surround yourself with.
abstract1620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:41 AM   #7
HaunzNFraunz
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1

HaunzNFraunz's Gamercard
I was able to get the bear to appear twice today. Each time it was when I had a wall gun and killed a zombie next to the box when running out of ammo. Each time I had switched back to the gun that had run out of ammo and used the box. Not sure which of these steps, if any, actually caused it to appear but I'm going to try confirming tomorrow.

Note: The bear seamed to go away after 1-2 uses of the box but each time I drew while the bear was there I drew a decent weapon. As with the other persistent upgrades there are probably steps that can be taken to keep the upgrade around longer or make it go away quickly, which I appear to succeed at. Again, I'll confirm tomorrow and follow up.
HaunzNFraunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:21 PM   #8
abstract1620
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 757

harry coinshlot's Gamercard
The bear is useless. I played again last night and it kept showing up, and then disappearing after giving me something useless. It showed up after the first time I hit the box, which was round 2, and all I had were Mustang and Sally. Unless its somehow linked to the Mark II, its nonsensical.
__________________
You are only as good as the people you surround yourself with.
abstract1620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:39 PM   #9
TrueDestiny619
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 68

TrueDestiny619's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by abstract1620 View Post
The bear is useless. I played again last night and it kept showing up, and then disappearing after giving me something useless. It showed up after the first time I hit the box, which was round 2, and all I had were Mustang and Sally. Unless its somehow linked to the Mark II, its nonsensical.
I agree with your statement. The bear only showed up for me at low rounds usually between 1-4 and rarely gave me anything worth using. So that puts a cap on my always getting a Ray Gun theory but I also believe as well that it might have something to do with the Ray Gun Mark II when Vengence arrives but so far it's only an assumption since Treyarch like to keep these thing on the low for us to figure out.
TrueDestiny619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:10 PM   #10
abstract1620
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 757

harry coinshlot's Gamercard
I wanted to add, you cant see when your teammates have a bear on the box. We all seem to be coming across the bear under very different circumstances, You say rounds 1-4 but I was seeing him between 20-30. Seems random
__________________
You are only as good as the people you surround yourself with.
abstract1620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
green flash, question, teddy bear, title update

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:20 PM.