PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-07-2013, 01:49 AM   #31
Darth Grif55

Club Deadpool's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Either when I beat the campaign or get 100% (including DLC) of the achievements

Xbox 360 Retail Games Completed: 22
Xbox Live Arcade Games Completed: 26
Xbox One Games Completed: 1
Xbox One Apps Completed: 1
Darth Grif55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:33 AM   #32
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I have to go with Choice D,not on the list

All non DLC achivements. I just feel DLC is add on content and how can I 100% something I don't have.

Thats just how I feel. I'd hate to waste $ on bad DLC just to say ''I fully 100%ed this game can you give me a pat on the head''

I tend to stay away from DLC most of the time as I regret buying the DLC for L4D what a waste of 12$. But there are good DLCs too as I loved the DLC for Fallout 3 (Excluding Operation Ancourage DLC) and some DLC can make a great game last even longer. As stated Fallout 3 it feels great earning achivements in it after a year when I got my 1 k in it last year.

I can't wait to get the DLC for New Vegas some day,gonna wait a year to buy Skyrim's DLC.

Plus when I 1 k a game I'm ready to start up the next game.

I'll leave it at that because I'm tired of deffending my reason for beliving this.

Thanks goes to Captain Slaughter for the signature.

Last edited by Deadsea 18; 07-07-2013 at 02:38 AM.
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:41 AM   #33
EMP

MaGiC MaN TJ's Gamercard

Depends on which games it is. Some games I will attempt to achieve more than others. I'm not the type anymore to bust my ass to get the full 100% gamerscore.

→The Xbox One is freakin Awesome ←
All generalizations are false, including this one.
~ Xbox One | Day One ~
EMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:18 AM   #34
PreppieSole98

PreppieSole98's Gamercard
I would say number 1 because I consider 'game completion' as just finishing campaign or story mode. If I really like a game for example Assassin's Creed 2, I get all the collectibles and try to do every achievement, so basically number 4.
PreppieSole98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:44 AM   #35
MasterXeus

Master Xeus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - Never Final
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsifelldown View Post
Just curious, which of the following options come closest to your view about personal game completion.

I am satisfied when :

1. I complete the single player game on any difficulty
2. I complete the game 100% ( all difficulties, challenges, collectibles, etc. )
3. I complete all achievements
4. I complete the game 100% ( all difficulties, challenges, collectibles, etc. ) including all achievements EVEN if the achievements do NOT count toward 100% game completion.
I usually go number 3, unless they have multiplayer achievements. If the multiplayer achievements are not too time consuming I may go after them, if they are then I would just go for all the achievements for single player and maybe Co-op.
MasterXeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:51 AM   #36
Fire Hawk D

Fire Hawk GYJS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Gold   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Xbox.com says you have 100% of the achievements. Otherwise, it's not complete.
Fire Hawk D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:04 AM   #37
rdskns170

the only IS's Gamercard
My minimum:

1) Single player completed
2) Tried multiplayer, if it's interesting hang around a bit
3) Go back and get any easy achievements
4) Work towards 1000G if I really like the game, not including DLC, I don't have money for games so why get dlc when I can use that money for a whole nother game off eBay

I am usually content with beating the SP, trying multiplayer, and getting at least 600 gamerscore or more.

rdskns170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:51 PM   #38
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
I think there is no minimum.

I consider completion to be half of the achievements and completing the story.

credits to DEG23
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:32 AM   #39
fvkasm2x

Y2Kasper10's Gamercard
For me, it is just finishing the storyline.

I've completed the game...

However, there is also 100% to me, which is getting the 1000 of 1000.

I also do not believe in DLC.

My Games for sale on Ebay (or here): http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Xbox-360-game.../251761662430?
fvkasm2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:14 AM   #40
Ninja Eagle

Captain Cotchy's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo Kazz View Post
Same, it's all about achievements.
Yeah haha. I feel the same way. I consider doing everything in the game (achievements, challenges, collectibles) is a true 100% completion.

Ninja Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:35 AM   #41
Capn Doug
Community and Events Lead

Capn Doug XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Ceris   Staff Club - rekikire   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Platinum   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 2   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 50 (more» ...)
Why people insist on doing debating this over and over, I will never know.

Complete means all achievements. No qualifiers, every single achievement unlocked. There are other things in game that you could do, but in most games that becomes tricky. Getting 100% on every Rock Band song, getting a Platinum on ever level of Bayonetta on every difficulty, etc. That can be tricky since I don't think the developers intended for that to happen. I remember BioWare being stunned that there were people trying to mine every resource from every planet in the entire galaxy in Mass Effect 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvkasm2x View Post
I also do not believe in DLC.
I wonder what would happen if you told your professor that you don't believe in tests or your boss that you don't believe in overtime? Not believing in something does not invalidate it or make it disappear.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:39 AM   #42
DaPedaAT

DaPedaAT's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Hawk D View Post
Xbox.com says you have 100% of the achievements. Otherwise, it's not complete.
Same for me.
I have played 90+ Games and completet only ~30.

DaPedaAT
DaPedaAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:05 PM   #43
Andreas_loel

mr fiskeh's Gamercard

If its bad all achievements

If good everything beat + achievements

Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDoggson
Andreas_loel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:27 PM   #44
Starkweather

StarkweatherXC's Gamercard
In majority of games finishing the storyline and any related story quests is enough to give me satisfaction that i have gotten enough out of the game. But completion is seeing everything the game has to offer whether it be collectibles, locations or unlocking everything.
Old 07-12-2013, 05:24 PM   #45
hydrosugar

xFightingSaintx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Just a matter of phrasing for me. For No. 1 I'd usually class that as "beating the game". I have a lot of games where that's as far as I go, and I don't go back. Completions for me is getting all the achievements. As far as personal satisfaction is concerned, I'm usually content with just beating a game. Of course I unlock miscellaneous achievements at my convenience, but I don't lose sleep over an incomplete game.
Old 07-12-2013, 05:44 PM   #46
Skorpion XBA
Guide Team

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - troy0891   Micro Guide - Silver   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal
Total Awards: 37 (more» ...)
For me game completion is earning all the achievements, DLC included.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:28 PM   #47
mehatt

mehatt's Gamercard
Pretty much like this:

1. I finished the main game (main story, quests).
2. I completed it, just have to collect some things before setting aside.
3. I got all the achievements.
4. I completed the game, really nothing much to do anymore. Time to set it aside.

Edit: I don't really go for the DLC achievements or the DLC in general, a waste IMO. So if I have 1000/1000 pre DLC, its still completed for me. But honestly I never really go by a rating system, I either finished the game to the point where I don't want to play really or I haven't.

Last edited by mehatt; 07-12-2013 at 07:46 PM.
mehatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:48 PM   #48
B1SK3TS N GR4VY

B1SK3TS N GR4VY's Gamercard
Yeah I believe that this is a matter of personal opinion, when ever the person feels that a game is complete in their mind, that is when they are 100%. but when it comes to technical terms then you are getting into a whole other story :P
B1SK3TS N GR4VY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:31 PM   #49
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
A game is not complete until I have done everything in the game, including achievements. When I started gaming, I wad playing on Commodore 64 and NES way back in the mid to late 80's. There where no achievements then, but I still explored everything on a game and went everywhere, due to my curious and nosy nature. Still do, and love playing a game through a second time nd finding stuff I missed. Still happens on Oblivion.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:43 PM   #50
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
According to Xbox.com, a completed game is when all possible achievements are unlocked; including DLC. No other exceptions.
Latest arcade completion: Motocross Madness

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:06 PM   #51
Dexter010

Claptrap NL's Gamercard
Completion: Earned every achievement in a game, including all dlc if I've them.
Finished: Just finished the story.
Dexter010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:13 AM   #52
VirtualShakey

Send a message via MSN to VirtualShakey

VirtualShakey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter
Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsifelldown View Post
Just curious, which of the following options come closest to your view about personal game completion.

I am satisfied when :

1. I complete the single player game on any difficulty
2. I complete the game 100% ( all difficulties, challenges, collectibles, etc. )
3. I complete all achievements
4. I complete the game 100% ( all difficulties, challenges, collectibles, etc. ) including all achievements EVEN if the achievements do NOT count toward 100% game completion.
Number 4 all the way

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
VirtualShakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:11 AM   #53
KittySlave1482

Finishing The Story Line

In my opinion "completing a game" is finishing the story line and finishing the plot line achievements. Everything else is additional.
KittySlave1482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:46 AM   #54
kittyemo27

TalkingCosine73's Gamercard
when i complete single player 100% on any difficulty
kittyemo27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:10 PM   #55
Spazaz Man

Spazaz Man's Gamercard
IMO beating the campaign once on any difficulty to me is complete...but if i genuinely enjoy the game then i'll go ahead and try and get the achievements...I tend to view achievements as a "side-mission"

But ultimately i just try to have fun when playing a game, regardless if i've "completed" it or not ^_^

Want a sig? Request one in my Gallery
"All great men have mustaches!" - Rod Kimble
Spazaz Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:20 AM   #56
Edword

Sprinklez88's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter
I would say the first option. Once I beat the campaign I usually consider it done, but I do like to finish up getting as many achievements as I can.
Edword is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:15 AM   #57
Andre16182

Andre16182's Gamercard
I'd probably say that option 4 comes closest to my view about personal game completion. I personally feel that in order for a game to be considered as completed you must do everything that said game has to offer. If you haven't done so, then you haven't truly completed the game, in my opinion.
Andre16182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:40 AM   #58
MabusScarab

Mabus Incarnate's Gamercard

I play a game until I am finished with it. If it's a bad game I likely won't see it through til the end, if I enjoy it and feel inspired to continue after beating the campaign portion then I'll work on achievements. It really just comes down to whether or not a number is that important to you, which in most instances it's a falsified accomplishment anyway. It's awesome to get 1000 out of a game but is it really rewarding if you have to sit in a multiplayer session with people and say "okay now you kill me 20 times while I stand there, then i'll do the same so this will unlock". Its more intended to be viewed as an accomplishment, so if it's something you need to "boost online" it really doesn't mean shit anyway. If you enjoy wasting away hours of your free time in boosting sessions to make some numbers look better, fine, but for me it takes away the entire pleasure of gaming and it turns it into exploiting and a chore to pad some obsession with a percentage.

So with that said, I think I stick with number one. I'm content when i've thoroughly enjoyed the game, regardless if that is beating it or getting a higher gamerscore out of it.
MabusScarab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:23 AM   #59
Spazaz Man

Spazaz Man's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MabusScarab View Post
I play a game until I am finished with it. If it's a bad game I likely won't see it through til the end, if I enjoy it and feel inspired to continue after beating the campaign portion then I'll work on achievements. It really just comes down to whether or not a number is that important to you, which in most instances it's a falsified accomplishment anyway. It's awesome to get 1000 out of a game but is it really rewarding if you have to sit in a multiplayer session with people and say "okay now you kill me 20 times while I stand there, then i'll do the same so this will unlock". Its more intended to be viewed as an accomplishment, so if it's something you need to "boost online" it really doesn't mean shit anyway. If you enjoy wasting away hours of your free time in boosting sessions to make some numbers look better, fine, but for me it takes away the entire pleasure of gaming and it turns it into exploiting and a chore to pad some obsession with a percentage.

So with that said, I think I stick with number one. I'm content when i've thoroughly enjoyed the game, regardless if that is beating it or getting a higher gamerscore out of it.
I couldn't agree more, to me it's much more important to have fun with a game rather than to try and get every single point possible out of it. That's the main reason i stopped playing a lot of games, I was so caught up on getting achievements that i stopped enjoying the game. That being said, achievements are still a very important aspect to the game but if they're keeping you from having fun, i don't think they're worth it.

Want a sig? Request one in my Gallery
"All great men have mustaches!" - Rod Kimble
Spazaz Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:13 PM   #60
k2345

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Back when I was a Kid I would say I completed a game once I played through the single player, but now that achievements exist I would say that a full completion is when you get all the achievements for the game in question

Inheritor Rank Achieved 14/01/12

k2345 is offline   Reply With Quote