PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-24-2013, 10:37 PM   #1
samjustsam

sam just sam's Gamercard
not even close to as good as the first

who else thinks this game is average at best? more characters is great but the game can be glitchy and has tons of camera issues. very short with a boring story as well. the charm of it as a lego game was actually lost a bit by adding the voices. they tried to do too much with the open world aspect of it and didnt focus on the camera issues and clunky contols. flying in free roam in the city is a nightmare. very hard to get used to. they should have keep all the unlockables but made it simpler to make it more fun. camera problems were the worst. i gave the first a 90/100. i give this 55/100. would be less then average to me if it wasnt a super hero game. very dissapointed. i dont sugar coat things to make them easier to swallow. lego games dont need open worlds and they need much more simpler camera controls. its a lego game not gta.
samjustsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:03 PM   #2
samjustsam

sam just sam's Gamercard
keep in mind this is only my opinion. not saying the game sucks either. just saying its average and i liked the first much more. adding more dc heroes and villians was nice though.
samjustsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:51 AM   #3
Ninja Eagle

Captain Cotchy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I kinda agree, I liked the first better.

Proudest Completions:
Call of Duty 2
Transformers: WFC
Crackdown 2

"He's not just a regular moron. He is the product of the greatest minds of a generation coming together for the express purpose of creating the dumbest moron that ever existed. And you just put him in charge of the entire facility." - Portal 2.

I agree with Buzz, post count is everything. Seeing that number go up every time I post makes me tingle inside.

Ninja Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:26 AM   #4
Lobo

Lobo Samhain's Gamercard
I kinda liked this one more. At first, I have to admit, I was a little put off by the whole free roam aspect but it grew on me (I'm told L:LoTR has a similar system) after I had some characters and vehicles that could fly. I definately think they could've done more with the DLC than just adding more characters though. A Justice League or maybe even a Young Justice game would be great
Lobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:12 PM   #5
PolarBearPapa

polarbearpapa's Gamercard
I love the aspect of adding more characters from the DC Universe! However, I cannot stand LEGO games actually having dialouge now! I don't know if I'm the only one, but I appreciated that the games prior to this didn't have dialouge. They actually had to tell a story without words, so they actually had to build a relatively good story that made sense. Now they just throw together whatever. I'm a little disappointed.
PolarBearPapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:22 AM   #6
PravusBlood

PravusBlood's Gamercard
I think it was more of a "Lego Justice League" than "Lego Batman"
PravusBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:55 PM   #7
mnwlkr

Mnwlkr's Gamercard
Gotta say I do love open-world.
Voice is good for me too.

I would say the first one and this are two different games.
I love both and would not say which is better.

I love flying around Gothem with Superman though.
I admit that the control and camera are disastrous.
But I can get over it.

I really love both games.
But I will choose open-world over chapter-base.
So I vote for this one.
If there are some side missions, it would be even better.
But maybe that would be overly complicated for a LEGO game.

And I could see a Lego DC Super Heroes game coming.
This one is probably just a setup for a DC game, who knows?
And Marvel is coming too.
mnwlkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:05 AM   #8
Alchemist Don
Banned User

Alchemist Don's Gamercard
Wrong... The first was boring this one is alot better.
Alchemist Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:06 AM   #9
Kailon791

Kailon791's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist Don View Post
I gotta agree. I thought the first one was just another Lego game, but this one kinda sets a new standard. I love the open world mechanics and had a lot of fun exploring for the gold bricks, etc. I also loved the new heros and the new abilities. While I was frustrated by a few glitches, I don't think they ruin the game by any means. Overall, I would call this my favorite Lego game yet.

100% Retail: Mass Effect 3 (1300/1300), Mass Effect 2 (1355/1355), Fallout 3 (1550/1550), Assassin's Creed II, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (1000/1000), Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Man EoT, Resident Evil 4 HD, Skylanders: SA, Prototype 2, Sleeping Dogs, Bioshock Infinite, Deadpool

100% Arcade: Banjo-Tooie, Shadow Complex, Monday Night Combat, DR2C:0, Battlefield 1943, Bastion, THPS HD, SP Tennorman, The Walking Dead, BG&E HD, Castlevania SOTN
Kailon791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:40 PM   #10
MysteriousEaglet

Hyper Text MaLe's Gamercard
I liked being able to switch characters any time (except in story missions); although, other than Superman, the Justice League wasn't in it as much as I'd expected. That was a bit disappointing,l since they made it seem as if they were gonna play a bigger part. I guess I'm not really sure what I thought about the story overall, but I didn't mind the gameplay.

I liked the open world aspect because it was a change of pace from previous games, plus it did somewhat make getting certain Achievements easier (just keep going to those Green Lantern buildables), especially since there was a map. Reloading levels to find that one thing that was missed can get a bit tedious.

I realize it's not the same by adding voices, but at the same time, this is kind of a new story, as opposed to following the preset movies, so gestures might not have lent themselves as well. Voices also allowed for adding a new dimension to the LEGO game humor (shame Mark Hamill already quit being The Joker beforehand though).

I did like the inclusion of so many characters though, and I do wanna play the Marvel one when it comes out. (Now if they'd just make a Turtles game too.)
MysteriousEaglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:13 PM   #11
IceKingz

IceKingz's Gamercard
I'm a bit undecided because the first one is probably my favorite Lego game that I've played. Even though the old formula had been totally recycled numerous times, it was a formula that was perfect and didn't get old (IMO of course)

This game brings a lot of changes and unfortunately there's some control aspects that make it worse. Also the hub world, just in general, confuses me. The missions mindlessly place you here and there, visually I have a hard time seeing/navigating, and the controls (especially flying) don't agree with my brain lol. Hoping that with time I enjoy it a bit more.
GTA4 Wanted UNLOCKED - 8/22/10
DoAX2 Collections Gifted: 15/72

I don't have time to freely help people in games, sorry guys! Messages asking for so will be ignored as well as random friend requests.
IceKingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:58 PM   #12
mjc0961

mjc0961's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist Don View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kailon791 View Post
I gotta agree. I thought the first one was just another Lego game, but this one kinda sets a new standard. I love the open world mechanics and had a lot of fun exploring for the gold bricks, etc. I also loved the new heros and the new abilities. While I was frustrated by a few glitches, I don't think they ruin the game by any means. Overall, I would call this my favorite Lego game yet.
I would have to agree with these guys. LEGO Batman 1 was nothing special, just more LEGO with no advancements to the formula. In fact, I disliked LEGO Batman so much that it drove me away from playing LEGO games for a while because I was just sick of them not fixing any of the issues that I'd seen in Star Wars and then persisted through Indy and then stayed around in Batman too.

It was LEGO City Undercover that brought me back, and damn that game is fantastic. I went back and grabbed LEGO Batman 2 because it was on sale and now that I'm playing it, it's easily much better than the first LEGO Batman. It's obviously not as good as LEGO City, but obviously I can't fault it for that as it came earlier and helped lay the groundwork for what LEGO City would eventually be.

But yeah, LEGO Batman 2 > LEGO Batman by miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentCabaret View Post
This guide continues to warm my heart and piss off my roommates. Thanks so much!
mjc0961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:27 AM   #13
Inebriated Jedi
Sith Happens

Send a message via Skype™ to Inebriated Jedi

Inebriated Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff - Community and Events Team   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Wow, I guess I'm in the minority when it comes to the voices. I think they're rather charming.

Friend requests without messages will be ignored!
Inebriated Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:43 PM   #14
justG0Twicked

justG0Twicked's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
This is sad to hear. I found the 1st one great, and was looking forward to playing this soon, as it is currently on sale on XBL.
justG0Twicked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 03:08 PM   #15
Card Dreamer

Card Dreamer's Gamercard
i actually enjoyed this one more

Boosting Availability (all times EASTERN time): Mondays 9:30 - 5:30, Wednesdays 1 - 4 & 5 - 10, Sundays 3 -9

Want To Boost: Dante's Inferno, Injustice, Dark Sector, Star Trek: Legacy, Fracture, ODST, Halo3, Call of Duty 3 & Soul Calibur IV

If you Friend Request me, please add/send message as to what game you are looking to boost.
Card Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:19 AM   #16
Earthbound_X

EarthboundX's Gamercard
I like this one a ton more, it's one of the best Lego games imo.

Earthbound_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:45 PM   #17
I Cullen I

I Beanie I's Gamercard
I preferred the first one, this one has so many glitches and camera problems.