Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Borderlands
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-02-2013, 09:55 PM   #1
kozydude

X ShotOnPoint X's Gamercard
Favorite Borderlands DLC

Couldnt find a post about this and wanted to see what other thought about the DLC for Borderlands compared to Borderlands 2. I personaly loved The Zombie Island Of Dr. Ned and really hoped for another Zombie themed DLC from Borderlands 2 but i guess they reached the end of their DLC run. What DLC was your favorite in Borderlands?
kozydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:58 PM   #2
Agent Aero

Aero x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   x360a Representer   Over Achiever - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Secret Armory of Knoxx.

Cool bosses, loot & storyline. Claptrap's revolution wasn't too bad either.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:24 PM   #3
bblcreator8790

bblcreator8790's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Probably the last two, General Knoxx and Claptrap revolution.

Dr. Zed was okay, but grinding zombie kills for brains got old fast. The arena DLC sucked because you couldn't get XP and the guns you got as rewards sucked. Grinding the achievements for that DLC was boring too.

The thing that irked me the most about the DLCs was that you couldn't fast travel in them.
bblcreator8790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:00 PM   #4
STOMACHofSTEEL

STOMACHofSTEEL's Gamercard
I liked Zombie Island best, because of the setting and especially the humor (like popcorn, Dr. Ned totally not being Dr. Zed and all those Jakobs announcements at Jakob's Cove).

"Need we remind you of our company motto? If it ain't a Jakobs, I'd rather be dead. Please, lead by example."

This is closely followed be Claptrap's Robolution, which is also quite funny.
Gaming is about escapism, about living through someone else with a more interesting life. My body is free to relax on the couch while my mind goes off to save the universe. I LIKE that. - Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
STOMACHofSTEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 04:21 PM   #5
kozydude

Quote:
Originally Posted by STOMACHofSTEEL View Post
I liked Zombie Island best, because of the setting and especially the humor (like popcorn, Dr. Ned totally not being Dr. Zed and all those Jakobs announcements at Jakob's Cove).

"Need we remind you of our company motto? If it ain't a Jakobs, I'd rather be dead. Please, lead by example."

This is closely followed be Claptrap's Robolution, which is also quite funny.
Haha i loved the end boss for Claptrap's Revolution, although i still never got the achievement where you have to collect panties, pizza, and fish bowls or something like that haha.
Old 07-27-2013, 04:30 PM   #6
BurntToast

BurntToast1971's Gamercard
Knoxx - it gave us the level cap increase among other goodies!!!
Old 07-27-2013, 07:26 PM   #7
EMP

MaGiC MaN TJ's Gamercard

Dr. Zed for me.

→The Xbox One is freakin Awesome ←
All generalizations are false, including this one.
~ Xbox One | Day One ~
EMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:16 PM   #8
NST Squarepants

NST Squarepants's Gamercard
i'd have to say the knox dlc...but still props to the zombies
NST Squarepants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:32 PM   #9
darth nerdius

D4RTH N3RDIUS's Gamercard
Errrrr ahhh i loved them all
2000th achievement unlocked 11:16 am 7/29/13
Big ups to rajeanero for the sig.
darth nerdius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:11 PM   #10
kozydude

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurntToast View Post
Knoxx - it gave us the level cap increase among other goodies!!!
Im glad that in BL2 they added that in with the 3rd play through mode DLC, i hope they do the same with the 4th play through and level cap raise in the next DLC.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:14 PM   #11
kozydude

Seems like a Dr.Zed mixed with General Knoxx DLC for BL2 would be delicious
Old 08-19-2013, 09:56 PM   #12
Chester Martini

Chester Martini's Gamercard
I was also hoping for another zombie-themed dlc in bl2, but assault on dragon keep was pretty frakking awesome
Chester Martini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:51 AM   #13
Snoop QC

snoop qc's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Claptrap Revolution and Knox Armory. Dr. Ned Island was okay and Mad Moxi was not that good except for the bank to store weapons.

Achievements completion : 99,39%
Gamerscore completion : 99,35%
Retail games completed : 70/74
I'm a completionist!!!

If you send a friend request, please send a message telling why, otherwise I will just ignore it
Snoop QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:55 AM   #14
DreamTeam Kyle

DreamTeam Kyle's Gamercard
Probably Dr. Zed.... Zombies never get old to me
DreamTeam Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 06:18 AM   #15
Baki54

Baki54's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
....I'm going to have to say ALL of them.Reason being is I just picked up the goty for $10 at Best Buy.
I think you'll agree with me when I pose the question, "Is X360.org not the phucking greatest?".Seriously if you want to know how to do it, go to another site...If you want to know how to do it right COME TO THE ORG!!
Baki54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:05 PM   #16
SicklyPlague
Subscribing Member

SicklyPlague's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
The secret armory of general knoxx, just so much to do.

Thanks to MabusScarab for the Sig!
SicklyPlague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:00 PM   #17
dexcompleted

sulfurousgalaxy's Gamercard
love to start the Zombie content once characters hit Lv.20 though because of how the zombies just dumb me the way through easy bonus experience from the weapon challenges like critical hits and kill count by weapon type (rocket launcher);

pretty sure one of the DLC brought just one new class mod per character type, making me just fall in love with Lilith's sniper ammo regen

No like:
- those skull faced suicide claptraps creep me out
- being unable to do the Lancer APC stuff from the driver seat
Old 01-10-2014, 09:12 PM   #18
FatalDeathSG45

BloodScourge88's Gamercard

Save Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot, all of the DLC in Borderlands 1 is really good, but I think we all can agree that The Secret Armory of General Knoxx is the best of the bunch. Not only did it give us a memorable villain and new weapons (as well as introducing pearlescents), it also introduced the Invincible bosses with Crawmerax (whose pretty much impossible to solo now).

The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned is also pretty close to being my favorite because, let's be honest, what's more fun than killing zombies? Killing zombies with all manner of legendaries (though Shock and Corrosive weapons aren't nearly as effective). Dr. Ned's also a pretty hilarious villain.
FatalDeathSG45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 10:55 PM   #19
Spiral 462
Enjoying: Plan B!

SpiralOut46and2's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I enjoyed all of the DLC's including Dr. Ned's, Claptrap's Robolution, and General Knoxx's.. I would say Moxxi's Underdome was my least favorite just because it took so long to fully complete all of the arenas and it got so repetitive. But still, I enjoyed it all.

Huge thanks to Slaughter. for the Sig and the Avatar!!
Spiral 462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:25 AM   #20
PHub07

PHub07's Gamercard
I noticed this my first time but REALLY am noticing it the 2nd time around going for achievements. I dislike ALL of the DLC and none of them are my favorites. Why?

Apply the same exact travel abilities from the vanilla game to the DLCs and they are about 1/4th as long as it takes you to complete them. I enjoy them still....as I love Borderlands...but its amazing how they did these DLCs thinking no one would notice the ridiculous things they did to make these seem longer and its unforgivable the amount of tedium they add in especially with these achievements that require insane dedication to get.

Zombie DLC. Pretty much where do I start? For no good reason what so ever theres no fast travel as with any DLC. So you will fight the same exact fights over and over and over while taking up to 15 minutes to do something that in the main game would take 60 seconds. Everything about the Brains quest...its a troll quest...I COMPLETELY missed it my first time around and having finished it now here its beyond tedious. I thought by getting it right off of the jump before doing any other quests it would be alright but no. You STILL gotta grind even if you have the quests active for the entire duration of the DLC. Oh and...the guns you get are a joke....are you serious no unique gun for collecting the final 250 brains? The stupid way this quest is broken down....seeing as how any basic travel in this DLC takes an absurd amount of time....once you see the amount of brains you have you will realize you need to start heading BACK to TK even if you just left from there or else your gonna end up having to pick up a ton of left over brains later because by the time you get to where you wanted to go and back you will have the amount you need for TK. So the first 1-3 sections of this I think it was...10...15...50 etc. Its just running around tediously making sure you waste NOTHING by constantly having to change your plans by heading back to TK. Whats funny is even while doing that....I STILL had to do extra runs after completing the DLC to finish the final Brains Quest. Yet thats mostly because the DLC is shockingly short if you actually realize how much time you spend running for no reason. I dont appreciate games that do this...especially not DLC. Its weird too because its Borderlands....why they decided to do it this way is weird especially when the main game is long and worth every penny. This is an hour long DLC with fast travel.

Underdome. Pretty much impossible to do solo....and if you try its simply tedious trying not to die and it takes SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long to fight with variations that aren't even fun....a mode that takes my health unless I kill seriously?. Whats annoying is by the time your level 42-43 pretty much EVERY kill counts as nothing XP wise and it makes the combat stale....yet figure here is the only point where enemies are actually scaled to be HIGHER than you so the XP should be massive but...no...you gain....none. Then for completing 5 rounds and 25 waves in 3 maps...75 waves...you get...10,000 xp? Its INSANELY time consuming for pretty much zero gain. I mean the might as well just let us get the 2-5XP that every other enemy gives us now. I have no idea how I will ever hit level 50...

General Knox. This took Zombie DLCS tedium and maxed it out. The TEN MILLION TIMES you will traverse those highways doing the EXACT same fights for no XP....then if thats not bad enough they block some of the road off at times to make the trip LONGER. Then another troll quest which blocks you from the complete all quest achievement as well as the one for beating Crawermax. Eventually I will just have to look up a cheap way to beat him.

Claptrap. Who woulda thought....open the DLC with another tedium collect quest that requires you to pointlessly return to the giver 4 times as opposed to just collecting them all at once! Filled with collectable achievements that are pretty much only obtainable if you dedicate HOURs...HOURS into simply spawning claptraps and killing them in hopes of dropping the insanely rare items. The DLC somehow feels lazier than the others....extremely simple sidequests completable within 2-3 minutes of getting them....

For the record I LOVE Borderlands its one of my favorite games of all time. Im still very excited to play Borderlands 2 DLC....I just really hope its not like the first games DLC where they eliminate travel options and make things tedious all for the sake of it seeming like we got our moneys worth.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:54 AM   #21
BlueBlooded

Mr Whiteshirt's Gamercard
So far my favourite has to be Zombie Island, although I liked Clap Traps Revolution also. Haven't started Secret Armory yet though!
Old 08-31-2014, 02:33 PM   #22
Tobias Tobbs

Tobias Tobbs's Gamercard
Zombie Island of Dr. Ned. We get Zombie T.K. Baha, Dr. Ned who is not Dr. Zed or any relation and zombies.
Tobias Tobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 07:31 AM   #23
Dillan Killsyou

Dillan Killsyou's Gamercard
Probably the claptrap one i needed to kill him a couple time for calling me minion in BL2.
Dillan Killsyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 06:04 AM   #24
SteezyMcGee

SteezyMcGee420's Gamercard
Definitely Knoxx and Claptraps haha
SteezyMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 09:20 PM   #25
classified dead

Classified Dead's Gamercard
Knoxx by far...
classified dead is offline   Reply With Quote