Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Mirror's Edge
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-28-2012, 04:40 PM   #1
Senyth

Senyth's Gamercard
The servers are... back?

Yesterday I hopped on to work on my time trials and everything seemed normal. The servers were offline, as expected. Then I hopped over to YouTube (sure, I could've walked to my PC, but that would've taken effort ) to check out some time trial tutorials. When I went back to Mirror's Edge the servers were back online.

Normally this would be great news, right? Well, apparently stars that you earn online count when you're offline, but the reverse is not true. I found that I had gone from 66 stars when playing offline to a whopping 16 on the servers. Leaderboards and ghosts are great and all, but they're not worth having to redo everything.

Terrified that I had permanently lost my progress, I forced the game to let me play offline. There's no option for this if you can connect to the servers, so I unplugged my internet and went into the time trial menu, then plugged it back in and reconnected to Xbox Live. All 66 stars were still there. *phew*

You might be able to get new stars online and have them count offline, but I personally don't want to risk having all my progress overwritten by playing online.

I haven't checked back today to see if they're still there, but I would assume so; hopefully this post will help anyone confused about missing stars. Then again, if it was just a fluke and the servers aren't really back, I'll feel pretty stupid! :P
Senyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:56 PM   #2
Albatross

Always Constant's Gamercard
I was thinking about returning to this game to play the DLC. Can you still obtain all the achievements?
Albatross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:22 AM   #3
Senyth

Senyth's Gamercard
Oops, a little late... but yes, you can. Even if the servers are turned back off (I actually still haven't bothered checking), you can obtain all the speed run and time trial stars in offline mode.
Senyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:00 PM   #4
Divine Infekt

Divine Infect's Gamercard
its been awhile since ive played, but if i recall, when selecting time trials it will automatically try to connect to the servers; you have a short window, i think its B you hit to cancel searching and it will give you the option to play offline. no need to pull out internet cables.
Batman: AA - Batman: AC (1500) - Bioshock (1100) - COD3 - COD4 - Dead Island (1250) - Deus Ex: HR (1250) - Fallout 3 (1550) - Gears of War (1250) - GOW2 (1750) - GOW3 (2000) - L4D (1500) - L4D2 (1500) - Metro: LL (1380) - Midway Arcade Origins - Mirror's Edge (1250) - Mortal Kombat - MKvsDCU - Payday 2 - PDZ - Portal 2 - Remember Me - Simpsons - Wet

100% Arcade:
Contra - Hexic HD - MK Arcade - Perfect Dark (201%) - Portal - Simpsons - TMNT 1989 - UMK3 - Walking Dead
Divine Infekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:27 PM   #5
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Awesome, I think I might play this game this weekend and at least finish the story mode. I really enjoyed this game, I just never got around to finishing it.

credits to DEG23
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:44 AM   #6
i Dare Survive

i dare survive's Gamercard
this thread saved me from snapping my disc... lol
i Dare Survive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:13 PM   #7
furiouslyFruntn

furiouslyFruntn's Gamercard
The servers come and go, it seems to be kind of random. I've been working on the time trial for playground one, I must've played it like 20 times, it uploaded my score to the server on every run except for the time I got 3 stars it said unable to connect to the servers. Now it shows I only have 2 stars on this trial. Very frustrating.
furiouslyFruntn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:02 PM   #8
VyzieTaur

VyzieTaur's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I've just come back to this game after a bit of a break and as has been said the servers seem very random.

Though if you get 3 stars for example and it says it cant upload, hit retry and it usually works on the second attempt. At least that's been my experience

http://duxter.com/VyzieTaur - Social networking for gamers!
VyzieTaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 08:29 AM   #9
Snowed

Snowed's Gamercard
These servers are unbelievably irritating.
Old 10-04-2014, 05:05 PM   #10
Puzzler

hmmPuzzler's Gamercard
I've tried them a couple of times in the last week or so and they weren't working; it's a good job you can earn the achievements offline.